D'Angelo Russell thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 54, 55, 56 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
saetarubia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:28 am    Post subject:

Same level as BI and Kuz? You haven't been watching him then. We'd be a better team with his passing, ability to create his own and scoring. DLo is far ahead interms of development in his 4th year than BI or ZO. Kuz is below ZO and BI as prospect due to his one dimensional ability. DLo is better than Murray so imagine him on Nuggets. Would be an all star with them as well. Like GT said, 4th year DLo would be something close to what Bron had with Kyrie.
saetarubia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:32 am    Post subject:

SAS clown again says Magic made a mistake drafting ZO. Just like he bashed DLo for 2 years and now acts like he said none of that. And Magic today tweeted about his good friends SAS and Wilbon on some fancy dress show. Hope he doesn't get influenced by his dumb take friends for the sake of Lakers..
LakersNewEra
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:39 am    Post subject:

I mean Im with all of you. The FO clearly F'ed up monumentally.
Not just with D'Lo but also Julius, also Thomas Bryant and Zubac to a lesser extent.

But we did get LeBron. Think about how surreal just the idea of LeBron seemed a year or two before. And if asked would you give up the whooooole team for LeBron the obvious answer would be yes, absolutely yes.

Not saying the two are mutually related, not saying it was one or the other but I'm willing to cut the FO some slack...despite the fact that in hindsight everything is looking horrific.

Arguably we would have been better off keeping D'Lo and Julius instead of adding LeBron.
saetarubia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 3:05 am    Post subject:

LakersNewEra wrote:
I mean Im with all of you. The FO clearly F'ed up monumentally.
Not just with D'Lo but also Julius, also Thomas Bryant and Zubac to a lesser extent.

But we did get LeBron. Think about how surreal just the idea of LeBron seemed a year or two before. And if asked would you give up the whooooole team for LeBron the obvious answer would be yes, absolutely yes.

Not saying the two are mutually related, not saying it was one or the other but I'm willing to cut the FO some slack...despite the fact that in hindsight everything is looking horrific.

Arguably we would have been better off keeping D'Lo and Julius instead of adding LeBron.

Downside is that we might have ruined this season with public saga of failed AD trade. I hope they don't mortgage our future with trades like Zubac next summer. Fine if it's AD as he's only 25 and top 5 player. Otherwise no. Don't want our roster to end up looking like Cavs in Bron's last season there.
foshowtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:27 am    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
foshowtime wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
foshowtime wrote:
saetarubia wrote:
LakersNewEra wrote:
Still think we won that trade though you can argue it was accidental because no one expected Kuzma to be as good as he is.
We got LeBron and Kuzma though, thanks to that trade. I mean definitely cant complain about that. Its a win win trade.

That's what people who have mediocre expectations from this FO would like to believe. Bron came alone and the cap space has been used on one year rentals. I don't rate Kuzma very highly either. Tunnel vision, poor 3pt shooter, already 23 and can't defend. He's 6"9 Clarkson and people act like he was a can't miss prospect at #27 when we also had #28 from Lou trade. We somehow manage to suck even with Bron lol.

I agree with 6'9 Clarkson. Hes a volume scorer. Great find at the bottom of first but he is best as offensive weapon off bench on a good team

There was a stat out that among guys scoring 19 ppg or more, only Klay Thompson had a lower ratio of touches to points than Kuzma. His gift is precisely that he fits next to guys who create opportunities for him to score. His defense leaves much to be desired right now, but when the Lakers were clicking he was OK. He's a valuable piece.

I do think that he is a valuable piece but I think best off the bench in Lou type role

Lou is a get his own guy. Kuz plays most efficiently off of good scorers.

Yes. However, I think like Lou, Kuz's best value on a good team is as an explosive punch off the bench.
foshowtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:30 am    Post subject:

LakersDC wrote:
I was a D'lo guy, but fact of the matter is that trade pushed him to work harder. By most accounts, he wasn't the hardest worker while in LA, was too hooked on the LA lifestyle (see dating a Kardashian), and oh yeah, had that snitch tape.

If D'lo doesn't get traded, don't think he'd be as good as he is now, and also if Levert doesn't get hurt, doubt D'lo would have made the ASG. Would he be our second best player? Good chance, though probably same level as Kuz and BI.

Maybe he just needed the minutes to put up the numbers that stats always showed he would...

Thank God hes in NY where there are no celebrities and/or nightlife to get hooked on
LakersNewEra
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:50 am    Post subject:

foshowtime wrote:
LakersDC wrote:
I was a D'lo guy, but fact of the matter is that trade pushed him to work harder. By most accounts, he wasn't the hardest worker while in LA, was too hooked on the LA lifestyle (see dating a Kardashian), and oh yeah, had that snitch tape.

If D'lo doesn't get traded, don't think he'd be as good as he is now, and also if Levert doesn't get hurt, doubt D'lo would have made the ASG. Would he be our second best player? Good chance, though probably same level as Kuz and BI.

Maybe he just needed the minutes to put up the numbers that stats always showed he would...

Thank God hes in NY where there are no celebrities and/or nightlife to get hooked on

With all due respect to NY....its a completely different world, a whole different mentality. Its glitz and glamour but also hustle. The need for hustle is embedded in the mentality whereas LA and the whole west coast to a lesser extent sells you on the idea of a fairytale from the get go. Honestly, I can see how that can mess up a kid that was given millions plus was thrust into that environment.
NY therefore...a bit healthier, bit grittier for a young player IMO.

Not saying thats a factor in DLO's improvement though. What it probably was, he got traded, he realized he isnt all that special and will need to work hard to get where he wants to be. Sometimes a reality check like that is really good. He likely just felt entitled in LA.
saetarubia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:51 am    Post subject:

DLO only averaging 30.1 minutes this season.

He averaged 30.6 minutes in January and put up 23.8/7.3.

34.6 minutes(6 games) in Feb, but that's mainly due to 43 minutes in 3 OT game. Averaging 25.8/8.3.

He averaged 28.2 mins and 28.7 with Lakers. He's reaching those Per 36 projections without even playing close to 36 mins.

2.3 FT attempts in January. 4.5 FTA so far in Feb. 6,8,6 attempts in last three games. Gonna be crazy good if he starts drawing fouls at a good rate consistently. 82.4% FT shooting this season.
LakersNewEra
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:52 am    Post subject:

He's really becoming that Harden lite player now.
saetarubia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:54 am    Post subject:

LakersNewEra wrote:
foshowtime wrote:
LakersDC wrote:

With all due respect to NY....its a completely different world, a whole different mentality. Its glitz and glamour but also hustle. The need for hustle is embedded in the mentality whereas LA and the whole west coast to a lesser extent sells you on the idea of a fairytale from the get go. Honestly, I can see how that can mess up a kid that was given millions plus was thrust into that environment.

Not saying thats a factor in DLO's improvement though. What it probably was, he got traded, he realized he isnt all that special and will need to work hard to get where he wants to be. Sometimes a reality check like that is really good. He likely just felt entitled in LA.

He was improving in his two years in LA though. Major difference this season compared to year 2 and 3 is no knee injuries(touchwood). Imo he'd have matured in LA the same way with better vet leadership we had last season instead of the likes of Nick Young.
KBH
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:31 am    Post subject:

saetarubia wrote:
LakersDC wrote:

DLo didn't date any Kardashian. It was JC who dated Kendall. DLO dated a USC volleyball player and another black girl after they broke up. And secondly, he lives in NY now not in Utah so it's not like lifestyle can't be a distraction. He had knee issues in his 2nd season at LA and still showed signs that he can takeover in clutch. Averaged 16+ points and Luke himself pointed this out after the trade that he can be an all star. That he's playing like this in a injury free 4th year is no surprise. Besides you admit this is due to his hardwork so it is not like he got some super power after LeVert got injured. He has the ability to carry that team and if anything, it's a plus that he didn't let them crumble after LeVert injury.

He was drafted as a 19 year old. KFT in first season, Lakers started the 2nd season well until his knee injury. Reality is that Lakers have been even more immature than these kids in understanding that development doesn't happen overnight. And what's the plan if NO doesn't take the entire package of kids and first round picks this summer?

Pray Kawhi, Kyrie or Klay sign.
LakersNewEra
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:45 am    Post subject:

saetarubia wrote:
LakersNewEra wrote:
foshowtime wrote:
LakersDC wrote:

He was improving in his two years in LA though. Major difference this season compared to year 2 and 3 is no knee injuries(touchwood). Imo he'd have matured in LA the same way with better vet leadership we had last season instead of the likes of Nick Young.

And I doubt Byron Scott stuck in the 80's helped things.
Oh weeeeeeeell.
Gotta move on.
We do have a good team here and some good young players.

And coooome on...if we play Brooklyn in the playoffs, hypothetically....we probably sweep them
daytripper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:50 am    Post subject:

Fact is the Lakers should've kept all their kids. If they had treated DLo and Randle with any respect I'm sure Mintz would've bent over backward to set up a FA meeting with PG too.

Now that they are all in on a 34 year old LeBron just means most if not all the youth will be traded for win now pieces (which is why many of us fans had little interest in LeBron at this advanced point of his career.)
KBH
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:52 am    Post subject:

LakersNewEra wrote:
saetarubia wrote:
LakersNewEra wrote:
foshowtime wrote:
LakersDC wrote:

Oh weeeeeeeell.
Gotta move on.

And coooome on...if we play Brooklyn in the playoffs, hypothetically....we probably sweep them

If we keep playing the defense we've been playing lately, we definitely wouldn't sweep them.
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:34 pm    Post subject:

Mike Conley giving props to D'Lo on First Take. SAS saying he's balling this year. D"LO getting media and peer respect. Should still be a damn Laker.
Kobesystem
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 3:33 pm    Post subject:

Honestly, I hope DLO leaves the Nets and goes to 76ers.......

I feel Atkinson doesn't trust him as much as either Levert/Dinwiddie and time will tell when they are all healthy tomorrow...
LakersRGolden
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 3:35 pm    Post subject:

KBH wrote:
LakersNewEra wrote:
saetarubia wrote:
LakersNewEra wrote:
foshowtime wrote:
LakersDC wrote:

Oh weeeeeeeell.
Gotta move on.

If we keep playing the defense we've been playing lately, we definitely wouldn't sweep them.

If we played the Hawks, would we win?
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:14 pm    Post subject:

I get the feeling that he's glad he's no longer a Laker, as the current management blamed him for his failure to break out in LA.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:16 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
I get the feeling that he's glad he's no longer a Laker, as the current management blamed him for his failure to break out in LA.

Of course he's glad he's no longer a Laker. We've got our heads so far up our own asses that people were like "he better shape up or else the Lakers are gonna ship him out!" like that's a bad thing.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:44 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:

Of course he's glad he's no longer a Laker. We've got our heads so far up our own asses that people were like "he better shape up or else the Lakers are gonna ship him out!" like that's a bad thing.

Damn GT, you aren't holding back lately. I feel your frustration.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:07 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:

Of course he's glad he's no longer a Laker.

OregonLakerGuy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:36 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:

Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:40 pm    Post subject:

LakersDC wrote:

Ugh no. He's a tier above.
Wvc0925
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:30 pm    Post subject:

Major tactical error by Lakers for getting rid of Dlo. Lakers would have a much better record if they had kept him and Randle instead of spending capspace on one year rentals
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 1:31 am    Post subject:

LakersDC wrote:

That's the BS narrative, the notion was always that Russell put in the time but wasn't necessarily focused. That's less an indictment on work ethic than him just being a 19 year old.

GT said it many times: someone who's as comparatively unathletic as Russell doesn't make it as the #2 pick without work ethic. You don't get that kind of stroke or ballhandling ability without work ethic.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 54, 55, 56 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 55 of 100
Jump to: