D'Angelo Russell thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 44, 45, 46 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
saetarubia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:18 am    Post subject:

Quote:
@APOOCH

“I had confidence the second I stepped foot in this league.”

- D’Angelo Russell

saetarubia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 6:56 am    Post subject:

ESPN interview:

Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:17 am    Post subject:

saetarubia wrote:
Quote:
@APOOCH

“I had confidence the second I stepped foot in this league.”

- D’Angelo Russell
That was obvious since day 1. The dude out of all the young guys we drafted had "it."
bonkers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:17 am    Post subject:

Caris LeVert makes his return tomorrow
anpherknee
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:22 am    Post subject:

they are refusing to get this man an nba power forward

this must be part of the tough love development system
Omar Little

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:34 am    Post subject:

Dlo immediately and instinctively realized how full of (bleep) Byron Scott was. And Byron was both not going to have a young player show him up, and also desperately needed a whipping boy to explain away his ridiculously poor coaching. And of course, the Showtime Cartel had Scott's back, and do to this day. So a prescient, against the grain pick that was loaded with all the things this franchise needs had to go
akk7
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 12:05 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
Dlo immediately and instinctively realized how full of (bleep) Byron Scott was. And Byron was both not going to have a young player show him up, and also desperately needed a whipping boy to explain away his ridiculously poor coaching. And of course, the Showtime Cartel had Scott's back, and do to this day. So a prescient, against the grain pick that was loaded with all the things this franchise needs had to go

Finally able to watch him in person last night. Super fun game to go to. Those passes, in person, look even better.

And on your point, I definitely agree with everything you're saying. However, there is blame on his part as well. By all accounts, he could have been a bit more mature. He was only 19-21, so he was basically a kid, but if all these reports are true, there were situations he could've been more mature.

He was gone as soon as Magic/Pelinka stepped in. It was obvious. I hate the mental gymnastics Laker fans try to do to absolve the FO (had to get rid of him to clear Moz's contract, got Kuzma, couldn't sign Lebron, etc).

I do wonder how real those rumors were about the Lakers wanting to ship him out for Cousins (this was right before the new regime stepped in).
foshowtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 12:14 pm    Post subject:

bonkers wrote:
DLO did that weird chicken dance thing again tonight

https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/status/1093325921870860288

Hes such a goofy kid lol
Omar Little

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:02 pm    Post subject:

akk7 wrote:
Omar Little wrote:

Finally able to watch him in person last night. Super fun game to go to. Those passes, in person, look even better.

And on your point, I definitely agree with everything you're saying. However, there is blame on his part as well. By all accounts, he could have been a bit more mature. He was only 19-21, so he was basically a kid, but if all these reports are true, there were situations he could've been more mature.

He was gone as soon as Magic/Pelinka stepped in. It was obvious. I hate the mental gymnastics Laker fans try to do to absolve the FO (had to get rid of him to clear Moz's contract, got Kuzma, couldn't sign Lebron, etc).

I do wonder how real those rumors were about the Lakers wanting to ship him out for Cousins (this was right before the new regime stepped in).

Yeah, of course he could be more mature. But that's kind of why you're supposed to have people in your organization to handle that. These are kids exposed to millions of dollars and responsibility. They don't always handle it like grown men. But what's Byron's excuse?
nickuku
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:35 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
akk7 wrote:
Omar Little wrote:

Yeah, of course he could be more mature. But that's kind of why you're supposed to have people in your organization to handle that. These are kids exposed to millions of dollars and responsibility. They don't always handle it like grown men. But what's Byron's excuse?

smash mouth maturity. BRING IT
Omar Little

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:58 pm    Post subject:

The thing the kid is loaded with is talent, and moxie, and feel. Those are huge commodities. You can maybe smooth out a bit of immaturity and keep your eye on the prize. Seems Brooklyn has figured out how to do it. He wasn't easy for them either. He's headstrong and odd and a colt. But he's a thoroughbred colt.
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:49 pm    Post subject:

Damn Omar. I don't know how to use the word prescient but great posts.
DA1
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:55 pm    Post subject:

If LeBron choses DLo in the All-Star draft...
Omar Little

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 4:10 pm    Post subject:

I admit I like DLo in part because of how much he reminds me of Nick Van Exel, another handful with ice in his veins. Always felt bad that he didn't get in on the rings.
bonkers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 4:21 pm    Post subject:

Giannis picked DLO with his 5th selection in the reserve round (out of 7 I think)
ryan_c
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 4:26 pm    Post subject:

Caris Levert will return for the Nets on Friday against Bulls. Levert is Net's best player. But i expect him to be rusty.
saetarubia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 4:58 pm    Post subject:

ryan_c wrote:
Caris Levert will return for the Nets on Friday against Bulls. Levert is Net's best player. But i expect him to be rusty.

He will be their 2nd best from now on after All Star DLo. Wish he stays healthy as he had too many bad injuries in his career already.
foshowtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 6:13 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
akk7 wrote:
Omar Little wrote:

Are we really discussing the roles and responsibilities of a 19 yr old rookie versus a grown ass old man coach?
foshowtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 6:14 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
The thing the kid is loaded with is talent, and moxie, and feel. Those are huge commodities. You can maybe smooth out a bit of immaturity and keep your eye on the prize. Seems Brooklyn has figured out how to do it. He wasn't easy for them either. He's headstrong and odd and a colt. But he's a thoroughbred colt.

Dominator
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 6:57 pm    Post subject:

ryan_c wrote:

Russell is their best player
ryan_c
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 7:23 pm    Post subject:

Dominator wrote:
ryan_c wrote:

No. Levert is their best player. Levert is also considered the best player by the Brooklyn fans. Here is Levert's stats before the injury,

18.4 points and 4.3 rebounds, 47.5 fg%, 3.6 rebs,
3.2 assist.

With a healthy Dinwiddie and Levert, Russell's minutes will be reduced.
ryan_c
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 7:26 pm    Post subject:

saetarubia wrote:
ryan_c wrote:

He will be their 2nd best from now on after All Star DLo. Wish he stays healthy as he had too many bad injuries in his career already.

I don't think so. Levert will be their best player. Their coach likes to sit down Russel in crucial 4th quarter minutes because Levert and Dinwiddie can attack the basket.
saetarubia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 7:28 pm    Post subject:

ryan_c wrote:
Dominator wrote:
ryan_c wrote:

No. Levert is their best player. Levert is also considered the best player by the Brooklyn fans. Here is Levert's stats before the injury,

18.4 points and 4.3 rebounds, 47.5 fg%, 3.6 rebs,
3.2 assist.

With a healthy Dinwiddie and Levert, Russell's minutes will be reduced.

14 game small sample size. DLO the best player with a winning record. You were wrong about him. Being petty and hating on his 4th year won't change that. All your posts in this thread are passive aggressive.

I didn't know there is one group with sole opinion as Brooklyn fans lol. DLO is playing 29 minutes only and no need to reduce it when Nets want to continue winning.

Last edited by saetarubia on Thu Feb 07, 2019 7:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
saetarubia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 7:29 pm    Post subject:

Okafor fans needs to let it go. It's OK to be wrong.

Last edited by saetarubia on Thu Feb 07, 2019 7:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
saetarubia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 7:32 pm    Post subject:

DLO 19.8 points, 6.5 assists, 43.7 FG%, 38% 3P, 3.7 rebs. Leading Nets to a winning record despite injuries. Only All Star Nets have had in many years. Being petty won't change these facts.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 44, 45, 46 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 45 of 100
Jump to: