OFFICIAL: College Football 2018 Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 2:19 pm    Post subject:

#2 Georgia in trouble....down by 10 points to #13 LSU entering the 4th Quarter.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 2:46 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
#2 Georgia in trouble....down by 10 points to #13 LSU entering the 4th Quarter.

LSU now up 29-9 with about 7 minutes left in the game.....appears #2 will fall.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 2:56 pm    Post subject:

UCF "ESCAPES" Memphis with a 31-30 win!

The streak is @ 19 games....
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 2:58 pm    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
Are you kidding me? Northwestern came back and won?

at one point in the 4th Quarter Nebraska had a 98.7% probability of winning.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 3:09 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
I hope no one is seriously promoting Notre Dame for a playoff spot, that would be a joke.

They seem to play worse at home than on the road this season but the past two weeks they blew out their opponents.

If they are still undefeated I don't see why they shouldn't get one(now do I think they would play well if they actually get there? No I don't).
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 3:10 pm    Post subject:

Now we know the real reason why Akron vs Nebraska was cancelled....
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 3:17 pm    Post subject:

#7 Washington falls to #17 Oregon in Overtime! The kid that fumbled in the Stanford game that cost them scores the winning TD...
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 3:20 pm    Post subject:

#8 Penn State goes down to unranked Michigan State in Happy Valley 21-17!!
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 5:31 pm    Post subject:

Barring an epic collapse, UCLA will finally get a win.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 5:40 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:

Nobody beats UCLA in every game, baby!
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 5:50 pm    Post subject:

I do not know this team that showed up in Ames, Iowa tonight....I have never seen this crappy football team this season.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 6:03 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
I do not know this team that showed up in Ames, Iowa tonight....I have never seen this crappy football team this season.

You even alluded to this; it's not easy to show up to Ames as a ranked team. They've won a lot of games just like this over the years.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:37 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:

UCLA's OL improvement in only half a season has been shocking.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:10 pm    Post subject:

USC silencing some critics (OK, me!) and beating up on Colorado pretty good.

With Washington losing today, hard to see any Pac 12 team in the playoff at this point.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 10:45 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
adkindo wrote:

You even alluded to this; it's not easy to show up to Ames as a ranked team. They've won a lot of games just like this over the years.

I went to sleep before the game ended....woke up, and realized that it actually did happen.....so I went back to bed. I am up now....seen the polls.....accepted the reality is this year could be a good year, but not the great year I had hoped. I should be back to normal by tomorrow.

All I can say about that game is someone has to check Will Grier to see if he in concussed. He has appeared just mentally confused for 6 quarters now. He was taking sacks after holding the ball for 6,7, and 8 seconds. After I turned off the television, was listening to SiriusXM which was the Iowa State broadcast team, and they were saying they think something is wrong with Grier....even saying it is like he does not know throwing the ball away is a real option. He had a run last week when he was clearly hit late on a slide, and it knocked his helmet off.....I seriously think something is off with his mental decision making and reaction time.

The crazy thing about Iowa State....now they have found a very good Freshman QB and Montgomery is healthy (who I think is the best RB in the country), they could win their next 6 games.....and should win 5 out of the 6. I have no problem saying that if that QB started the season as the starter, and Montgomery was not injured.....they may be undefeated right now....but they definitely do not lose to Iowa or TCU.

Last edited by adkindo on Sun Oct 14, 2018 11:10 am; edited 3 times in total
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 10:56 am    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
USC silencing some critics (OK, me!) and beating up on Colorado pretty good.

With Washington losing today, hard to see any Pac 12 team in the playoff at this point.

Colorado really was not a very good team in my opinion. That is to take nothing away from USC who is improving, and I still think will win the PAC12 and knock off Notre Dame.....but Colorado will likely have 4 or 5 losses by the end of the year.

USC has a tough game next week....then UCLA may not be a pushover by then, but if they can get through that and knock off Notre Dame.....they have an extremely slim chance at sneaking in the playoffs if Texas can win the Big 12 and Stanford wins the PAC12 North allowing them to revenge that game. Teams are going to lose (besides Alabama), and I do not think USC will get in....but I can see them climbing into that clusterfu [AT] ^ of top 10 teams with a loss or two.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:10 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:

It's hard to see a Big 12 team, either. I expect Texas to lose a couple down the stretch, regardless of whether Ehlinger comes back healthy from the shoulder sprain. Adkindo described WVU pretty well. I suppose that OU could run the table and make a claim, but I think they'll drop one, probably to WVU on the road.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 4:25 pm    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:

It's hard to see a Big 12 team, either. I expect Texas to lose a couple down the stretch, regardless of whether Ehlinger comes back healthy from the shoulder sprain. Adkindo described WVU pretty well. I suppose that OU could run the table and make a claim, but I think they'll drop one, probably to WVU on the road.

if I had to bet on it right now....I would say Alabama & Clemson remain undefeated and get in. I think Michigan knocks off Ohio State and wins the Big 10...and gets the 3rd spot. The 4th spot will be the one that will be up for grabs. I would project USC to be ND in the final game, and with no championship game to play, I think ND may be on the outside looking in if a Big 12 team can finish with only one loss.....or if USC runs the table, and beats ND....does a 2 loss USC team get in over a one loss Notre Dame and one loss Ohio State? Here is a big question.....if UCF is undefeated, how many 1 or 2 loss teams get in ahead of them?

Unexpected losses will happen....Clemson may get knocked off this weekend against an undefeated NC State. It usually ends up being more clear by the end than expected. Maybe Oregon is the best chance for the PAC12?
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:16 pm    Post subject:

Week 8 Polls

Associated Press

Coaches Poll

ESPN Power Rankings
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 7:37 pm    Post subject:

None of the Pac-12 teams are good enough for the playoffs, I expect one of them will make the Rose Bowl. Pretty much a down year for the conference.
Huskers
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:32 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
Are you kidding me? Northwestern came back and won?

at one point in the 4th Quarter Nebraska had a 98.7% probability of winning.

Group of us took the trip to Chicago for the weekend. What a gut punch. Snatched defeat from the jaws of victory.

I can guarantee Nebraska wins one of the next two games, or we are 0-12 this season.
C-BUS LAKERFAN
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:23 am    Post subject:

Nick Bosa has left OSU to focus on rehabbing his injury and preparing for the draft. I'm a big OSU fan, so this really sucks, but I don't blame him at all. Going to be a top 3 pick in the draft. It's a devastating blow to an already very banged up defense that has given up big plays all year long.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 4:20 pm    Post subject:

C-BUS LAKERFAN wrote:
Nick Bosa has left OSU to focus on rehabbing his injury and preparing for the draft. I'm a big OSU fan, so this really sucks, but I don't blame him at all. Going to be a top 3 pick in the draft. It's a devastating blow to an already very banged up defense that has given up big plays all year long.

on one hand, I do not like it......on the other, I totally understand guy has to do what if best for him. Just because him and his brother are such a part of the recent years program, would have liked him to finish out the semester and be on the sidelines supporting his teammates....but that is easy for me to say.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 6:48 pm    Post subject:

a solid weekend coming up.......

#6 Michigan @ #24 Michigan State @ 12:00 PM ET - State has won 8 of last 10...supposed to be wet, windly and cold.
#9 Oklahoma @ TCU @ 12:00 PM ET - not much on paper, but TCU usally plays OU hard.
#20 Cincinnati @ Temple @ 12:00 PM ET - Cincy is 6-0...Temple is favored.
#1 Alabama @ Tennessee @ 3:30 PM ET - Alabama will win, but Tennessee is surging.
#16 NC State @ #3 Clemson @ 3:30 PM ET - Both teams are undefeated....Clemson feels a little overrated, while NC State may be underrated.
Colorado @ #15 Washington @ 3:30 PM ET - Colorado will try to bounce back from their 1st loss against a Washington team with questions.
#18 Penn State @ Indiana @ 3:30 PM ET - It has not been easy playing @ Indiana in recent years for Big10 teams, and Penn State is coming off being upset at home.
#22 Mississippi State @ #5 LSU @ 7:00 PM ET - Has trap game for LSU written all over it.
#2 Ohio State @ Purdue @ 7:30 PM ET - Ohio State has simply not looked great recently and Purdue comes in playing their best all season.
#12 Oregon @ #25 Washington State @ 7:30 PM ET - Low key possible best game of the week! 'ol Crimson will fly for the first time on ESPN GameDay in Pullman.

Other games of interest.....

Virginia @ Duke @ 12:30 PM ET - 2 good teams that are probably both Top 25 level.
Florida Atlantic @ Marshall @ 12:30 PM ET - both teams still in the CUSA East battle.
Houston @ Navy @ 3:30 PM ET - Houston is in the American - West drivers seat, but Navy is always tricky.
Wake Forest @ Florida State @ 3:30 PM ET- FSU has looked greatly improved recently....is it for real?
Minnesota @ Nebraska 3:30 PM ET - Nebraska is favored (-4.5)....will this be Scott Frost 1st win @ Nebraska?
Memphis @ Missouri @ 4:00 PM ET - Low key very good game. Mizzou is the favorite in Vegas....I disagree.
North Texas @ UAB @ 7:30 PM ET - 2 underappreciated teams competing for the CUSA West.
USC @ Utah @ 8:00 PM ET - USC is improving....Utah always competes.
Arizona @ UCLA - 10:30 PM ET - UCLA looks much better and is a 10 point favorite. RichRod's son gets the start @ QB for Arizona.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 5:17 pm    Post subject:

Wazzou is proving they may be for real....up 27-0 over Oregon at the half!
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 38, 39, 40  Next
Page 13 of 40
Jump to: