**OFFICIAL** 2018 Fantasy Foootball Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 20, 21, 22  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
ChickenStu
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 25 Apr 2015
Posts: 14927
Location: Anaheim, CA

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 4:45 pm    Post subject:

BadGuy wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
I've played Ben over Drew at least two other times this season, when Drew was on the road and Ben was at home. They both have such stark home/road splits. Some will tell you that it's a waste of a roster spot to have a backup to Brees where you only start 1 QB, but this is why I don't think that it is. Admittedly, I didn't think Brees would be a bad option, but I did think his floor was much lower last night. There are just certain outdoor games where you know Brees won't do as well, and that's why I thought it was important to get a nice backup to him after I drafted him in that league.


Good point about home/away splits. I just feel that Brees is having a MVP year, so I'd be starting him throughout playoffs if I had him unless I had someone like Mahomes.

Also, I dropped Josh Adams for Ware. I have other strong RBs, so I want more upside with my RB5/RB6.


Damn, I really like Adams' role right now. But if he was your worst RB, I guess I can live with that. I had to drop Gus Edwards to get Ware in one of my leagues and that was my only option. But I like Adams more than Edwards going forward.

Still, yes, I'd definitely rather have Ware than Adams.
_________________
Kevin Durant will be a Laker in 2019-20.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 May 2005
Posts: 28413

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 7:38 pm    Post subject:

Wilson or Winston?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Freddie Buckets
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 08 Oct 2007
Posts: 8387

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 7:43 pm    Post subject:

vanexelent wrote:
Wilson or Winston?


Winston.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Freddie Buckets
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 08 Oct 2007
Posts: 8387

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 7:44 pm    Post subject:

Which of these two RBs would you go with this week? PPR

Marlon Mack
Chris Carson
Josh Adams
Lamar Miller
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ChickenStu
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 25 Apr 2015
Posts: 14927
Location: Anaheim, CA

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:01 pm    Post subject:

Freddie Buckets wrote:
Which of these two RBs would you go with this week? PPR

Marlon Mack
Chris Carson
Josh Adams
Lamar Miller


I would go with Carson and Adams. Tennessee is tough against the run, and Houston is playing on a short week. I wouldn't consider Mack on the road in a fairly tough matchup, even if the Colts probably win that game.
_________________
Kevin Durant will be a Laker in 2019-20.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ChickenStu
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 25 Apr 2015
Posts: 14927
Location: Anaheim, CA

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:01 pm    Post subject:

Freddie Buckets wrote:
vanexelent wrote:
Wilson or Winston?


Winston.


Agreed.
_________________
Kevin Durant will be a Laker in 2019-20.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 13 May 2008
Posts: 1506

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:44 am    Post subject:

Agree with Carson, Adams, and Winston.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ChickenStu
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 25 Apr 2015
Posts: 14927
Location: Anaheim, CA

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2018 1:27 pm    Post subject:

Josh Adams apparently injured his hip in practice today and is now being listed as questionable for the game on Monday night. Given that information, I would now roll with Carson and Lamar Miller, Freddie. Can't take the chance that Adams is limited, or even out, on Monday.
_________________
Kevin Durant will be a Laker in 2019-20.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakersChamps04
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 06 Oct 2003
Posts: 3512

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:14 am    Post subject:

How'd you guys do? I nabbed the final playoff spot and playing the guy I just beat in the first round. In my other league I got a bye
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Huskers
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 28 Jun 2011
Posts: 366

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:25 am    Post subject:

In my $300 league, 1st place for the regular season, first round bye. Need to win one of my next two games to guarantee some $$.

I'd rather not talk about my other league. haha
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ChickenStu
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 25 Apr 2015
Posts: 14927
Location: Anaheim, CA

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 2:16 pm    Post subject:

My best team crapped the bed last week, put up its lowest score of the year, so I didn't get a bye and now have to play my nephew this week in a playoff quarterfinal. In another league where a win would've gotten me a bye, I lost there, too, so I have to play this week in a playoff quarterfinal. In my third league that only has 8 teams, I can clinch the 4th and final playoff spot if I win this week, but I'm 6th in points and playing the guy who is 4th in points. The winner of our matchup gets the 4th spot.
_________________
Kevin Durant will be a Laker in 2019-20.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 13 May 2008
Posts: 1506

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:19 pm    Post subject:

1st place, 1st points, first round bye in main money league (was last place last year). Other 2 still going in reg season. Fighting for a playoff spot in my free league. 1st place with a huge lead in my third, work league.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ringfinger
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 08 Oct 2013
Posts: 22990

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:29 am    Post subject:

Made playoffs in all 4 leagues. One frustrating thing? The Mahomes owners (I own no shares of him) all have first round byes so they wont have to play him against BAL. Damn!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Huskers
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 28 Jun 2011
Posts: 366

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:05 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
Made playoffs in all 4 leagues. One frustrating thing? The Mahomes owners (I own no shares of him) all have first round byes so they wont have to play him against BAL. Damn!


haha, that's me in the league I have a bye in as well. That said, I got lucky and got Mahommes somewhere between rounds 9-11. If I was playing this week, I would have just gone with Brees against TB.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 14 Apr 2001
Posts: 128726
Location: The Gold Coast

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:48 am    Post subject:

Dead week for me. 10-3, playoffs start in week 15. No one can catch me for the 1 seed so it doesn’t matter what happens. Boring.
_________________
Oh when the Saints, come marching in..........
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ChickenStu
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 25 Apr 2015
Posts: 14927
Location: Anaheim, CA

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:43 pm    Post subject:

Huskers wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
Made playoffs in all 4 leagues. One frustrating thing? The Mahomes owners (I own no shares of him) all have first round byes so they wont have to play him against BAL. Damn!


haha, that's me in the league I have a bye in as well. That said, I got lucky and got Mahommes somewhere between rounds 9-11. If I was playing this week, I would have just gone with Brees against TB.


Again I have to decide between Brees and Big Ben this week. Both on the road (where they usually do worse), but both with fantastic matchups, though. Brees at TB, Ben at Oakland. Without Conner, I think you can make a case that PIT goes a little more pass-heavy (and they've been skewing more towards the pass lately, anyway). But TB's pass defense is so terrible. (But so is Oakland's!) NO/TB has a slightly higher Over/Under total, with both the Saints and Steelers implied for about 31-32 points scored.

I'm thinking Brees. Thoughts?
_________________
Kevin Durant will be a Laker in 2019-20.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Freddie Buckets
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 08 Oct 2007
Posts: 8387

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:35 pm    Post subject:

For anyone on Yahoo, Jaylen Samuels is eligible to be played at both RB and TE.

So if you have him or can pick him up, I'd recommend playing him at TE.

He might not give you RB1 numbers but he will definitely be a top TE play this week because of volume and has a good matchup against the Raiders.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Freddie Buckets
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 08 Oct 2007
Posts: 8387

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:37 pm    Post subject:

Need some help this week.

QB Rodgers or Rivers. 6 pts a passing TD

RBs. Mack, Miller, Carson. do i use them as my RB's and flex or use two of them at RB and make George Kittle my flex? PPR league.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ringfinger
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 08 Oct 2013
Posts: 22990

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:43 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
Huskers wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
Made playoffs in all 4 leagues. One frustrating thing? The Mahomes owners (I own no shares of him) all have first round byes so they wont have to play him against BAL. Damn!


haha, that's me in the league I have a bye in as well. That said, I got lucky and got Mahommes somewhere between rounds 9-11. If I was playing this week, I would have just gone with Brees against TB.


Again I have to decide between Brees and Big Ben this week. Both on the road (where they usually do worse), but both with fantastic matchups, though. Brees at TB, Ben at Oakland. Without Conner, I think you can make a case that PIT goes a little more pass-heavy (and they've been skewing more towards the pass lately, anyway). But TB's pass defense is so terrible. (But so is Oakland's!) NO/TB has a slightly higher Over/Under total, with both the Saints and Steelers implied for about 31-32 points scored.

I'm thinking Brees. Thoughts?


I’d do the same. At the very least, TB has the offensive capability to potentially keep the game close enough to keep the air attack in play.

With PIT, game could get out of hand early. To your point though, they’d still probably have to throw, I just think NO/TB has more “back and forth” potential
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ChickenStu
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 25 Apr 2015
Posts: 14927
Location: Anaheim, CA

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:33 pm    Post subject:

Freddie Buckets wrote:
For anyone on Yahoo, Jaylen Samuels is eligible to be played at both RB and TE.

So if you have him or can pick him up, I'd recommend playing him at TE.

He might not give you RB1 numbers but he will definitely be a top TE play this week because of volume and has a good matchup against the Raiders.


Yeah, I picked him up literally 60 seconds after I saw Conner go down in my yahoo league and I'm starting Samuels at TE this week lol. (That league allows you to pick up players as long as the player you waive hasn't played yet that week OR if it's a bench player, so I was able to drop the Chargers D for him. I wanted to play the Chargers this week but I got Buffalo instead.)
_________________
Kevin Durant will be a Laker in 2019-20.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ChickenStu
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 25 Apr 2015
Posts: 14927
Location: Anaheim, CA

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:41 pm    Post subject:

Freddie Buckets wrote:
Need some help this week.

QB Rodgers or Rivers. 6 pts a passing TD

RBs. Mack, Miller, Carson. do i use them as my RB's and flex or use two of them at RB and make George Kittle my flex? PPR league.


I would choose safety and go Rivers. Sure, maybe Rodgers comes out and puts up a huge game after they canned McCarthy, but that offense has looked broken for a long time. The Chargers are humming and their matchup is fantastic against a collapsed Bengals D. I don't see much downside with Rivers.

Miller has to start for you, as he's been doing quite well and the matchup is good. Carson I don't like because the matchup isn't good and he is dealing with a finger issue, and you never know if that means they could give extra work to Penny/Davis. I do like Kittle this week. Mack probably needs a TD to pay off in a tough matchup, but I think I'd prefer him to Carson if you have to play both. It's pretty close between those two, though.
_________________
Kevin Durant will be a Laker in 2019-20.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ringfinger
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 08 Oct 2013
Posts: 22990

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:13 am    Post subject:

Having some QB trouble so I picked up a bunch over the past couple weeks so I could just decide each week who I am going to play. For Week 14, which QB would you play?

Jameis Winston vs NO Saints
Josh Allen vs NY Jets
Dak Prescott vs PHI Eagles

The safe play seems to be Jameis, but it just doesn't seem so safe for some reason.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakersChamps04
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 06 Oct 2003
Posts: 3512

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:52 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
Having some QB trouble so I picked up a bunch over the past couple weeks so I could just decide each week who I am going to play. For Week 14, which QB would you play?

Jameis Winston vs NO Saints
Josh Allen vs NY Jets
Dak Prescott vs PHI Eagles

The safe play seems to be Jameis, but it just doesn't seem so safe for some reason.
I hear you but out of those 3 it really is Jameis.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ChickenStu
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 25 Apr 2015
Posts: 14927
Location: Anaheim, CA

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:28 pm    Post subject:

LakersChamps04 wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
Having some QB trouble so I picked up a bunch over the past couple weeks so I could just decide each week who I am going to play. For Week 14, which QB would you play?

Jameis Winston vs NO Saints
Josh Allen vs NY Jets
Dak Prescott vs PHI Eagles

The safe play seems to be Jameis, but it just doesn't seem so safe for some reason.
I hear you but out of those 3 it really is Jameis.


I think so too. Dak has averaged about 250 passing yards per game since they got Cooper and he does buoy his floor with rushing production, but yes, I'd still go Jameis with a 55.5 point Over/Under.
_________________
Kevin Durant will be a Laker in 2019-20.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Moses
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 23 Aug 2008
Posts: 7932
Location: London

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:28 am    Post subject:

First week of the playoffs, I'm the #8 seed playing against the #1 seed.

Just started my week off right by forgetting to bench Derrick Henry
47.8 points later and I have one foot into the next round already.
_________________
Even The Genius Has His Questions, Be Grateful For Blessings...
Lakers, Chargers, Dodgers

RIP Junior Seau
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 20, 21, 22  Next
Page 21 of 22
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB