**OFFICIAL** 2018 Fantasy Foootball Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 23, 24, 25  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 10:09 pm    Post subject:

Got my two $$$ drafts out of the way....

In my BIG money league I drafted 10th in a 10 team PPR league.

QB- Stafford
RB- Melvin Gordon / Kareem Hunt / Dion Lewis / Lamar Miller / Isaiah Crowell / Tarik Cohen
WR- Stephon Diggs / Tyreek Hill / Demaryius Thomas / Robby Anderson
TE- Kyle Rudolph
K- M. Prater
DEF- Chargers

(Thin at WR... hopefully no one gets hurt)

-------------------------------------------------------------
LG league - 12 team PPR, picked 3rd.
*Damn, that wait time after my picks was brutal.

QB- Stafford
RB- David Johnson / Lamar Miller / Marshawn Lynch / Tarik Cohen / Jordan Wilkins
WR- Steph Diggs / Doug Baldwin / Dem. Thomas / Sterling Shepard / Kelvin Benjamin
TE- Kyle Rudolph / Tyler Eifert
K- R. Gould
DEF- Texans

Feel pretty good about both teams... but we'll see how it goes.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 5:23 am    Post subject:

What's the roster construction look like? 2 RB / 2 WR / Flex? Or 3 WR?

Love your first team. RB heavy, and I think Lamar Miller is going to be good this year if he and Watson can stay healthy. Miller has lost weight, has no competiton with Foreman on PUP, and was an RB1 in the 7 games he played with Watson last season. He's a high floor RB2 IMO. Don't like Crowell at all. Like Diggs this year much more than Thielen. I actually think your WR corps looks fine. Melvin Gordon is going to eat this year and they've talked about getting him even more receptions.

Tyreek Hill makes me a little nervous. I think he could be boom or bust just because we haven't seen his chemistry for extended periods with Maholmes.

Not a fan of Eifert. In fact, I would drop him and pick up another RB or WR. Or, if you want to ride two TEs, pick up someone with upside. I'd recommend Ricky Seals-Jones or Nick Vannett (esp now with Dickson on IR). I think Vannett is a big time sleeper as the only real TE replacing Jimmy Graham.

Wilkins is a sleeper as is Sterling Shepard who could have a breakout season.

Not a fan of Kelvin Benjamin, but, heck, he's the #1 receiver for a team that will have to throw a lot.

Don't like Texans defense. On the season maybe fine, but, they play New England in week 1.
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 10:15 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
What's the roster construction look like? 2 RB / 2 WR / Flex? Or 3 WR?

Love your first team. RB heavy, and I think Lamar Miller is going to be good this year if he and Watson can stay healthy. Miller has lost weight, has no competiton with Foreman on PUP, and was an RB1 in the 7 games he played with Watson last season. He's a high floor RB2 IMO. Don't like Crowell at all. Like Diggs this year much more than Thielen. I actually think your WR corps looks fine. Melvin Gordon is going to eat this year and they've talked about getting him even more receptions.

Tyreek Hill makes me a little nervous. I think he could be boom or bust just because we haven't seen his chemistry for extended periods with Maholmes.

Not a fan of Eifert. In fact, I would drop him and pick up another RB or WR. Or, if you want to ride two TEs, pick up someone with upside. I'd recommend Ricky Seals-Jones or Nick Vannett (esp now with Dickson on IR). I think Vannett is a big time sleeper as the only real TE replacing Jimmy Graham.

Wilkins is a sleeper as is Sterling Shepard who could have a breakout season.

Not a fan of Kelvin Benjamin, but, heck, he's the #1 receiver for a team that will have to throw a lot.

Don't like Texans defense. On the season maybe fine, but, they play New England in week 1.

Thanks, rf.
In both leagues it is QB-2RB-2WR-TE-Flex_K-DEF

I went 2 RBs back to back in the first draft and Hill and Diggs were the best players available on the way back. Had to take them. I am taking a gamble because both Minn. and KC are playing with new QBs, so gonna have to keep an eye on that.

As far as the 2nd draft... it was slim pickins in the later rounds.
I picked up Eifert just as a "what the hell, why not?" pick... probably will drop. And yes, I usually just stream my defenses.. so Texans probably won't stay.
HOF Rookie
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 2:47 pm    Post subject:

critique my team: I don't want to finish last and have to leave the board out of shame.

QB: Mariota
RB: Gordon, Cook, Collins, Ingram, Barber, Murray, Booker, Yeldon
WR: Hilton, Sanders, Edelman, Stills
TE: Doyle
K: Streaming
DEF: Baltimore
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 3:23 pm    Post subject:

HOF Rookie wrote:
critique my team: I don't want to finish last and have to leave the board out of shame.

I like Mariota this year but he’s a risk. You need some serious WR help.

I would drop Booker and pick up any one of the following WRs of available:

Michael Gallup
Geronimo Allison
Chris Godwin
John Brown
Keelan Cole

In order of priority, IMO.
HOF Rookie
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 4:05 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
HOF Rookie wrote:

I like Mariota this year but he’s a risk. You need some serious WR help.

I would drop Booker and pick up any one of the following WRs of available:

Michael Gallup
Geronimo Allison
Chris Godwin
John Brown
Keelan Cole

In order of priority, IMO.

yep, definitely an issue. i'm hoping luck's return cranks it up for hilton.

looking for a breakout candidate somewhere along the line tooo
HOF Rookie
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 7:56 pm    Post subject:

okay draft 2 in the books. I don't feel brilliant about this one but it is what it is and i changed course from my original plan fairly early on.

QB: Matt Ryan
RB: Elliot, Howard, Barber, Morris, Breida, Wilkins, Clement
WR: Hogan, Goodwin, Stills, DJ Moore
TE: Gronk, Kittle
DST: Philly

Be brutal. I probably should have taken Evans instead of Gronk, but rolled the dice a bit near the end of the 2nd round. Had I taken Evans, I could have just grabbed a guy like Burton or Graham in about round 6-8.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 8:03 pm    Post subject:

HOF Rookie wrote:
okay draft 2 in the books. I don't feel brilliant about this one but it is what it is and i changed course from my original plan fairly early on.

Be brutal. I probably should have taken Evans instead of Gronk, but rolled the dice a bit near the end of the 2nd round. Had I taken Evans, I could have just grabbed a guy like Burton or Graham in about round 6-8.

Gronk is going to have a huge year if he stays healthy.

You don’t like receivers do you? =P
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 8:18 pm    Post subject:

HOF Rookie wrote:

No, I think you are better off by far with Gronk over Evans

Gronk is amazing when he plays, key for you is that he doesn't miss games

My big money league drafts on Wednesday, I have the first pick in a ten team league....Bell, Gurley or reach? LOL
AY2043
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 8:42 pm    Post subject:

Non-LG league member, any thoughts?

QB: Wentz/Luck
RB: Jordan Howard, Chris Carson, Corey Clement, James White, Austin Ekeler
WR: Antonio Brown, Davonte Adams, Allen Robinson, Josh Gordon, Nelson Agholor
TE: Evan Engram
D/st: Streaming

I’m pretty stacked at WR, and super thin at RB. Looking at potential trade options here..
HOF Rookie
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 8:44 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
HOF Rookie wrote:

Gronk is going to have a huge year if he stays healthy.

You don’t like receivers do you? =P

big IF as always with him

hahaha, i just always think I can find something on the waiver wire. Stills has been undervalued so I picked him up in both leagues so he can pledge his loyalty to me.

i had my eye on Green, Allen, Adams but none of them made it to me. I could have taken Diggs, but figured he or Hilton would make it to my spot in round 3. clearly I was wrong.
HOF Rookie
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 8:49 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
HOF Rookie wrote:

My big money league drafts on Wednesday, I have the first pick in a ten team league....Bell, Gurley or reach? LOL

Gronk has played 14, 8, 15, 15, 7 in his last 5 seasons. that's just shy of 12 games per year. hmmm....scary

I like Leveon, even if Gurley has a better year, Bell won't be far behind and he's done it year after year. Can't go wrong either way though
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 9:17 pm    Post subject:

AY2043 wrote:
Non-LG league member, any thoughts?

QB: Wentz/Luck
RB: Jordan Howard, Chris Carson, Corey Clement, James White, Austin Ekeler
WR: Antonio Brown, Davonte Adams, Allen Robinson, Josh Gordon, Nelson Agholor
TE: Evan Engram
D/st: Streaming

I’m pretty stacked at WR, and super thin at RB. Looking at potential trade options here..

Yeah, you’re thin at RB. Any chance the Lamar Miller owner would take Robinson? You need to shore up your RB2 spot.

Not a fan of Engram this year.

Other than robinson, I love your WRs. Gordon is a potential league winner and nice selection on Agholor.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 9:18 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
HOF Rookie wrote:

I would take Gurley. Bell is a risky pick IMO.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 12:15 am    Post subject:

I love Tyreek Hill this year, if anyone is wondering. KC will be a worse team this season, will have to throw even more, and Hill is a great match with Mahomes' electric arm. And he'll also get more targets near the line of scrimmage that Sammy Watkins, who will probably be a bust. Hill is a really legit player IMO and with as many shootouts as KC will be in, I am thinking he repeats as a top 10 WR.

OK, that aside, I had a draft last night in my second-biggest league. This is a 12-team PPR league, with unique requirements. The starting setup is QB/RB/WR/WR/Flex/TE/Defense/K, so it's less starters than you might expect; note that you only have to start 1 RB and can start no more than 2 RB's or 3 WR's. You also are not allowed to take more than 4 RB's or 4 WR's. I had the 9th pick and my first two choices were Ezekiel Elliott and Julio Jones. I took WR's with my 2nd, 3rd, and 4th picks. Got Collins in the 5th and Newton in the 6th. Here's what I ended up with:

QB Newton/Stafford
RB Elliott/Collins/D. Lewis/Morris
WR J. Jones/Hilton/Thielen/Edelman
TE Burton/Howard
DEF Baltimore
K Prater

I noticed that Burton and Howard have the same bye week (week 5), but you're allowed to add a 15th player if you want to spend for the transaction (each move costs you money), and I think I may add Seals-Jones as an upside flier. Gresham was taken off PUP, but he's still going to miss Week 1 (and maybe more than that) and is coming off Achilles surgery. It's possible that Seals-Jones becomes the clear starter, and Bradford loves the TE. I should have taken Seals-Jones over Howard, given the bye week thing, but like Howard as a flier also.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 6:29 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
I love Tyreek Hill this year, if anyone is wondering. KC will be a worse team this season, will have to throw even more, and Hill is a great match with Mahomes' electric arm. And he'll also get more targets near the line of scrimmage that Sammy Watkins, who will probably be a bust. Hill is a really legit player IMO and with as many shootouts as KC will be in, I am thinking he repeats as a top 10 WR.

OK, that aside, I had a draft last night in my second-biggest league. This is a 12-team PPR league, with unique requirements. The starting setup is QB/RB/WR/WR/Flex/TE/Defense/K, so it's less starters than you might expect; note that you only have to start 1 RB and can start no more than 2 RB's or 3 WR's. You also are not allowed to take more than 4 RB's or 4 WR's. I had the 9th pick and my first two choices were Ezekiel Elliott and Julio Jones. I took WR's with my 2nd, 3rd, and 4th picks. Got Collins in the 5th and Newton in the 6th. Here's what I ended up with:

QB Newton/Stafford
TE Burton/Howard
DEF Baltimore
K Prater

I noticed that Burton and Howard have the same bye week (week 5), but you're allowed to add a 15th player if you want to spend for the transaction (each move costs you money), and I think I may add Seals-Jones as an upside flier. Gresham was taken off PUP, but he's still going to miss Week 1 (and maybe more than that) and is coming off Achilles surgery. It's possible that Seals-Jones becomes the clear starter, and Bradford loves the TE. I should have taken Seals-Jones over Howard, given the bye week thing, but like Howard as a flier also.

I don't share the same sentiment on Tyreek. Not that he couldn't be good, he could, I just tend to downgrade receivers when they're playing with a rookie QB. I know Mahomes isn't a rookie, but, it's basically his first year starting. He absolutely has a cannon for an arm, but, the question for me is going to be his consistency. No doubt though, Hill is going to have some big weeks but also, some duds as a result. I like Hill a lot in Best Ball formats.

For full PPR, I like your starting roster but not so much your depth. Collins is a nice pickup in the 5th round although I don't expect him to catch many passes. Not a big fan of Thielen this year.

Agree on RSJ as an alternative to OJ Howard who, I'm not expecting big things out of. They still have Cameron Brate who seemed to be Winston's favorite TE last year. Another late round TE flier that I like is Nick Vannett of the Seahawks esp with Ed Dickson out for at least 6 weeks.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 4:26 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:

QB Newton/Stafford
TE Burton/Howard
DEF Baltimore
K Prater

I don't share the same sentiment on Tyreek. Not that he couldn't be good, he could, I just tend to downgrade receivers when they're playing with a rookie QB. I know Mahomes isn't a rookie, but, it's basically his first year starting. He absolutely has a cannon for an arm, but, the question for me is going to be his consistency. No doubt though, Hill is going to have some big weeks but also, some duds as a result. I like Hill a lot in Best Ball formats.

For full PPR, I like your starting roster but not so much your depth. Collins is a nice pickup in the 5th round although I don't expect him to catch many passes. Not a big fan of Thielen this year.

Agree on RSJ as an alternative to OJ Howard who, I'm not expecting big things out of. They still have Cameron Brate who seemed to be Winston's favorite TE last year. Another late round TE flier that I like is Nick Vannett of the Seahawks esp with Ed Dickson out for at least 6 weeks.

Well as I said, you can only take 4 WR's/RB's, so this isn't a league where you can just stockpile at those positions. I mean, Edelman is my 4th WR and he will be an every-week starter in PPR once he's back, so I am pretty loaded at WR. I only have to start 1 RB (Zeke), and I feel like Collins will be very usable in great matchups (like in Week 1 vs. Buffalo), and the Ravens' O-line and offense overall look much improved, their schedule looks favorable, and Collins was the RB10 overall last season once he became the starter. (Obviously, I like him, and he'll still catch some passes.) Lewis wasn't signed to not play (I think he'll get 8-10 carries a game and catch 4+ passes a game), and in PPR, he would be a fine play if I had to use him. As for Morris, I mean, he's probably going to get the vast majority of the carries, so as an RB4, I think that's great value.

Seals-Jones is already on a roster, so I'll have to consider another TE solution. Maybe I'll just add Vernon Davis, since Jordan Reed could be hurt by Week 5. Whatever, I'm not sweating it. I will say that Howard looked good last season in a shared role, he has a 1st round pedigree, and it would make sense for the Bucs to feature him as the season goes along, particularly if they fall out of the race quickly.

Oh, and another thing about Tyreek, for me, is that even if Mahomes struggles with some inconsistencies, I am a believer, they will have to throw a ton, he's a gunslinger, and even if Mahomes has some turnovers along the way, that may not affect Hill much. As I previously stated, I'm not a believer in Slammin' Sammy Watkins, and I think Hill and Kelce will be very good plays this season.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 4:40 pm    Post subject:

Brw... for anyone who hasnt drafted yet.... takes James Conner in like the 9th round or maybe even later.

Leveon is still holding out, and Conner would be an RB1 if he Bell continues to be out.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 4:44 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
Brw... for anyone who hasnt drafted yet.... takes James Conner in like the 9th round or maybe even later.

Leveon is still holding out, and Conner would be an RB1 if he Bell continues to be out.

Totally agree. He should be on any roster that isn't a shallow league. There's always the chance he doesn't report quickly enough to have a big role for Week 1, and if he were out entirely, Conner is an RB1 for Week 1. And if Bell actually sits out games, my goodness, you just hit on a lottery ticket.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 5:19 pm    Post subject:

Went young this year. We play QB, RB, RB, Rec, Rec, Rec, K and DST.

Ended up with

Garropolo, Mahomes
Barkley, D Freeman, Powell, Wilkins, K Johnson
Cooper, Goodwin, Ertz, Kelce, J Nelson, Sutton, T Smith
Boswell
Bears

Drafted 5th out of 10.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 5:21 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:

Ended up with

Garropolo, Mahomes
Boswell
Bears

Drafted 5th out of 10.

Your receivers scare me. Why did you take two TEs in a league without a TE slot?
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 6:30 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:

Ended up with

Garropolo, Mahomes
Boswell
Bears

Drafted 5th out of 10.

wow....many of the same players on my team, drafted 6th in a 12....great minds I guess
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 7:50 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

Ended up with

Garropolo, Mahomes
Boswell
Bears

Drafted 5th out of 10.

wow....many of the same players on my team, drafted 6th in a 12....great minds I guess

I do like a lot of those players too. I like both QB's, I like Barkley and Freeman, I like Cooper, Goodwin, and both TE's (I assume it's not WR you start but 3 WR/TE spots). I do like the Bears D but not in Week 1, at Green Bay.
The_Dynasty24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 9:20 pm    Post subject:

Any advice for PPR leagues? Never played before. It's probably going to be a big league unfortunately, between 12 and 16 people
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 3:48 pm    Post subject:

The_Dynasty24 wrote:
Any advice for PPR leagues? Never played before. It's probably going to be a big league unfortunately, between 12 and 16 people

As a general rule of thumb.... you want to go after guys with large target numbers. That is, players who are targeted on passes more than others.

You can Google search like "nfl 2017 target leaders" or something and you should find that data.

Opportunity > Talent in fantasy.

Altneratively, you can go to FantasyPros.com and look at their player rankings and check the box for PPR (assuming you're doing full PPR and not half)
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 23, 24, 25  Next
Page 4 of 25
Jump to: