**OFFICIAL** 2018 Fantasy Foootball Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 23, 24, 25  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 1:55 pm    Post subject:

^
I do agree that Keenan Allen is a perfect trade target right now, as he has had a slow beginning to his season and is on a bye right now. His owner could be impatient and especially if that owner is in need of winning this week (maybe they are 3-4 or 2-5), you could get a bargain.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 6:46 pm    Post subject:

Amendola with a couple of catches and a TD pass, and Fuller is eating. A lot to like in terms of that conversation yesterday.
LakersChamps04
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 5:01 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
Amendola with a couple of catches and a TD pass, and Fuller is eating. A lot to like in terms of that conversation yesterday.
I know right? Sucks seeing Fuller getting hurt late in the game but at least he had a good game before then. He just can't manage to stay healthy. They're saying it might be a torn ACL. If that's the case, Keke will be solid from here on out. Lamar Miller is finally stringing along some good games too. Watson with a crazy efficient game, had him on the bench though for Big Ben.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 7:30 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
^
I do agree that Keenan Allen is a perfect trade target right now, as he has had a slow beginning to his season and is on a bye right now. His owner could be impatient and especially if that owner is in need of winning this week (maybe they are 3-4 or 2-5), you could get a bargain.

Totally agree. Frankly though, I'm having a hard time putting trade packages together for him that his owners will accept.

Here's the challenge: You have to offer a WR unless the person has a lot of WR depth. And Keenan Allen at worst is still a WR2 the way he is playing.

So it won't make sense for an owner to take on a WR2 and give up on the upside.

If the guy has depth at WR and needs an RB, which RBs make sense? Jordan Howard maybe? Or beg and plead them to take on Isaiah Crowell and sell them on that Billy Powell is out for the year?

So I think, in order to move this, you have to do a 2 for 2 type deal. Something like ...

Golden Tate & Jordan Howard
for
Keenan Allen & Chris Carson

Something along those lines ... thoughts?
Huskers
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:57 am    Post subject:

Now for the good dilemma to have: I need to start 2 of these 3 and not sure which 2.

K. Hunt -vs- Denver
J. Conner -vs- Cleveland
A. Kamara -vs- Minnesota

Right now I'm trying to move Conner for a WR1, but it's no takers yet.
LakersChamps04
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:01 am    Post subject:

Huskers wrote:
Now for the good dilemma to have: I need to start 2 of these 3 and not sure which 2.

K. Hunt -vs- Denver
J. Conner -vs- Cleveland
A. Kamara -vs- Minnesota

I like Conner, he tore cleveland up last time they played. And then I like Hunt. Kamara has Ingram..i just dont like that situation.
Huskers
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:11 am    Post subject:

LakersChamps04 wrote:
Huskers wrote:

K. Hunt -vs- Denver
J. Conner -vs- Cleveland
A. Kamara -vs- Minnesota

I like Conner, he tore cleveland up last time they played. And then I like Hunt. Kamara has Ingram..i just dont like that situation.

I like him too, I'm just worried that Bell is going to come back soon and he'll be useless. That's why I'm trying to move him for something of value. I'm pairing him with DeSean Jackson trying to get a top flight WR1
LakersChamps04
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 11:57 am    Post subject:

Huskers wrote:
LakersChamps04 wrote:
Huskers wrote:

K. Hunt -vs- Denver
J. Conner -vs- Cleveland
A. Kamara -vs- Minnesota

I like him too, I'm just worried that Bell is going to come back soon and he'll be useless. That's why I'm trying to move him for something of value. I'm pairing him with DeSean Jackson trying to get a top flight WR1
Try offering that for Michael Thomas. Or Hopkins. Reach for the stars ha. I wouldnt want to trade of Beckham. And Julio & JuJu could probably be had for Conner straight up. After that you're looking at Evans, Hill & Diggs. Not sure how you feel about that trio.

Last edited by LakersChamps04 on Fri Oct 26, 2018 12:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
LakersChamps04
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 12:02 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
^

Totally agree. Frankly though, I'm having a hard time putting trade packages together for him that his owners will accept.

Here's the challenge: You have to offer a WR unless the person has a lot of WR depth. And Keenan Allen at worst is still a WR2 the way he is playing.

So it won't make sense for an owner to take on a WR2 and give up on the upside.

If the guy has depth at WR and needs an RB, which RBs make sense? Jordan Howard maybe? Or beg and plead them to take on Isaiah Crowell and sell them on that Billy Powell is out for the year?

So I think, in order to move this, you have to do a 2 for 2 type deal. Something like ...

Golden Tate & Jordan Howard
for
Keenan Allen & Chris Carson

Something along those lines ... thoughts?
I like that trade for you. I have Keenan and hoping for a 2nd half emergence like last season. He did it once so it can def be done. Golladay is going to continue seeing more aand more targets which does not bode well for Tate. And I think Howard will continue to have Tarik eat into his work. Otherwise I was going to suggest a a straight up RB for WR trade. Usually works if the person has depth in one position and none in the other.
Lonzo'sBalls
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 2:08 pm    Post subject:

Huskers wrote:

K. Hunt -vs- Denver
J. Conner -vs- Cleveland
A. Kamara -vs- Minnesota

Hunt and Conner if just for this week. Leveon is still out no?
Lonzo'sBalls
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 2:09 pm    Post subject:

LakersChamps04 wrote:
I like that trade for you. I have Keenan and hoping for a 2nd half emergence like last season. He did it once so it can def be done. Golladay is going to continue seeing more aand more targets which does not bode well for Tate. And I think Howard will continue to have Tarik eat into his work. Otherwise I was going to suggest a a straight up RB for WR trade. Usually works if the person has depth in one position and none in the other.

I personally think Howard will resurge based on game-script. Cohen is asking for a season ending injury the way he plays. He's just too small, he can't handle a huge load.
Lonzo'sBalls
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 2:10 pm    Post subject:

LakersChamps04 wrote:

Try offering that for Michael Thomas. Or Hopkins. Reach for the stars ha. I wouldnt want to trade of Beckham. And Julio & JuJu could probably be had for Conner straight up. After that you're looking at Evans, Hill & Diggs. Not sure how you feel about that trio.

Idk I have Julio and would laugh at Conner for him straight up.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 3:16 pm    Post subject:

Stafford's pass attempts have gone down pretty dramatically lately, as they seem to be realizing how good Kerryon Johnson is, and they are playing at the slowest pace in the entire league offensively. I think Patricia wants to keep his defense off the field for as long as possible, kind of how Dallas used to play it when its defense was putrid. As much as I love Golladay, he can only do so much with 5-6 targets a game, if that's how it's going to play out. Of course, there will still be some games where they are behind and need to throw, too.

With that being said, if you could flip Golladay for someone like Keenan Allen, that's a trade I'd make. Allen is still getting the target volume, and the TD's will come. If the Allen owner in your league is a bit thin at WR this week and if you are deep at WR and if you have a WR2/3 type like a Golladay or a John Brown and if you think Allen would be an upgrade after this week, that might be a move I'd try to make. The Allen owner may be impatient since he isn't scoring, and may feel like he/she needs the help for this week and can accept the trade since maybe he/she thinks that the player they are acquiring is similar to Allen anyway. I feel like in PPR an owner would be more likely to hold onto Allen, though. But in standard, since he hasn't been scoring, perhaps it's more likely you could pull something off like that.
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 3:38 pm    Post subject:

Lonzo'sBalls wrote:
LakersChamps04 wrote:

If Bell confirmed he's out for the season, I could see it. Other than that, I agree that Conner for even Juju straight up is not happening in any of the leagues I'm in. Most people want the Conner owners to bear the risk of the Bell situation and will not even trade a flex for him.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 5:08 pm    Post subject:

BadGuy wrote:
Lonzo'sBalls wrote:
LakersChamps04 wrote:

If Bell confirmed he's out for the season, I could see it. Other than that, I agree that Conner for even Juju straight up is not happening in any of the leagues I'm in. Most people want the Conner owners to bear the risk of the Bell situation and will not even trade a flex for him.

Agreed. This is why I moved Conner/Bell for Tyfreak Hill a couple weeks ago. I am worried about a timeshare there and I think that is a real risk. Plus in that league, we play short benches to keep a healthy waiver wire and having Sony Michel and Bell on my bench just wasn’t working out for me. Haha
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 3:43 pm    Post subject:

OK, so here is some trade deadline fallout, and other thoughts:

--Go get Courtland Sutton, if available. He essentially will get the same target share that Demaryius was getting, and since Sutton is probably better than DT at this stage (not as drop-prone with more explosiveness down the field), you can assume he will be a WR3 at worst with legit WR2 upside.

--As for Demaryius, he does get a QB upgrade, and could still be the clear #2 target in the pass game behind Hopkins. (At least, once he gets fully up to speed.) That said, I don't think his value changes much. I'm just not that high on him as a player, as I think he looks like he's lost at least a step from his prime, and, yeah, those drops. I wouldn't trade for him thinking he's going to be a hot WR2. Still, his target floor should make him a WR2/3.

--Golladay is back as a high-target play for the Lions. They strangely had gone away from him for the past couple of games, and it was always dumb since he is their best WR, but no matter now. We will not be seeing 1-target games for him again, assuming no injuries. It's worth noting that he's caught all of his targets in the past 2 games, all 3 of them lol. Kid is a stud, and now that he will undoubtedly be getting targets, I'm looking for him to finish the season very strongly.

--Marvin Jones' target volume also will be steady now, so his floor just became way more stable. We might see a similar passing offense, in terms of targets, as what Denver had been with DT and Sanders soaking up targets. I think that's how it will be with Golladay and Jones now.

--Sticking with the Lions, T.J. Jones is now likely to become their slot WR, which is what Tate was playing, and although he won't receive the targets that Tate did, he could be a decent pickup in PPR leagues if you have the bench space to take a shot on someone.

--Add D.J. Moore. He's starting to emerge for the Panthers, Norv Turner is having a very good year calling plays, and they have a golden matchup in the Bucs this week. In shallow leagues, I can't think of too many bench stashes that would be better, and he's a fine WR4 in 12-team leagues.

--The Tampa Bay QB position is averaging the 2nd-most fantasy points per game, just behind Mahomes. Of course there is always the risk for an in-game benching, but if Fitzpatrick is available in your league and if you're streaming QB's, I mean, pick him up if you can. This would also apply to those in 2-QB leagues and if your second starting QB has been a guy like Flacco or Keenum or something.

--Corey Clement has been terrible lately. We know about Smallwood, but Adams got a lot more work against the Jaguars, and who knows when Sproles will be back. The Eagles also didn't trade for a RB at the deadline. Adams is a decent speculative pickup if you have the room.

--If you're searching for a viable defense to stream, KC has been much better lately, really getting after the QB and playing much better pass defense. (Their run D still sucks.) I'd prefer playing them in Arrowhead, but a trip to Cleveland this week amidst their coaching upheaval may not be a bad spot, especially with how the Browns are giving up a ton of sacks.

--Another WR stash I really like is Valdes-Scantling for the Packers. He played as many snaps as Allison did on Sunday, and more than Cobb. Now, both Cobb and Allison were coming back from injuries, so who knows if they were being eased in. But maybe McCarthy, as much of an idiot as he is, sees what I see, which is that MVS pops on tape. They are in a real battle just to make the playoffs, as their schedule is daunting in this stretch, and it's possible that McCarthy knows he is on the hot seat. What if they see that MVS needs to be on the field more? I mean, you want a piece of that, anytime you can get a piece of an Aaron Rodgers offense, and targets could be had, given how bad Jimmy Graham continues to look. Maybe they end up rotating snaps between all 3 of Allison/Cobb/MVS going forward, which would make each difficult to play each week, but I'd want to stash MVS if I could just to see how it plays out. We could find out as soon as this Sunday night at New England. I also am OK with picking up Allison if he is available. I'm not too high on Cobb, as most of his production this year came on one long gain.

--Lastly, I will just say that you should always check the wire to see if guys were dropped during their bye weeks. I got Jared Cook this way in a league last week, and not only did I play him over Gronk last week, but I'm going to continue to do so until Gronk shows me something. Anyhow, yes, guys like Austin Hooper and Ito Smith may have been dropped by an owner during their bye if they needed the roster spot.
Freddie Buckets
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 1:14 pm    Post subject:

Question for tonight.

George Kittle or OJ Howard? PPR

Looks like CJ Bethard may sit tonight and the 49ers will start some dude named Nick Mullens.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 1:20 pm    Post subject:

Freddie Buckets wrote:
Question for tonight.

Looks like CJ Bethard may sit tonight and the 49ers will start some dude named Nick Mullens.

I would opt for Howard because I think he's safer this week. Even if Beathard plays, he could be ineffective, and if Mullens plays, we just don't know how that will shake out. Howard is actually top-5 in TE PPG (if you take out the game he actually got injured in, I think he's second or third in PPG) and is in a good spot pretty much every week, as TB puts up points and has to chase the scoreboard.

UPDATE: Mullens is starting. Yeah, I'd roll with Howard for sure. No reason to take on more risk when you have a very viable option in Howard.
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 1:56 pm    Post subject:

Freddie Buckets wrote:
Question for tonight.

Howard
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 1:58 pm    Post subject:

In my 8-team, 2-QB league, I made a trade early this morning where I traded Kenyan Drake and received Ryan Fitzpatrick. My 3 QB's had been Rodgers, Stafford, and Dalton, and I'm just seeing no upside from Stafford and inconsistency from Dalton. I know Fitzpatrick could get replaced, in theory, at any time, but I felt that having a QB with his scoring upside was too good to pass up, and at 5-3, I wasn't feeling good about Stafford this week and with Dalton on bye. As for Drake, I would've used him this week but he's 4th in my RB rotation behind Hunt, Mack (on bye), and Chubb. I also was able to pick up Dion Lewis this week, and I was encouraged by his usage in Week 7 before they went on their bye.

What say you, LG'ers?
Freddie Buckets
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 2:09 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
In my 8-team, 2-QB league, I made a trade early this morning where I traded Kenyan Drake and received Ryan Fitzpatrick. My 3 QB's had been Rodgers, Stafford, and Dalton, and I'm just seeing no upside from Stafford and inconsistency from Dalton. I know Fitzpatrick could get replaced, in theory, at any time, but I felt that having a QB with his scoring upside was too good to pass up, and at 5-3, I wasn't feeling good about Stafford this week and with Dalton on bye. As for Drake, I would've used him this week but he's 4th in my RB rotation behind Hunt, Mack (on bye), and Chubb. I also was able to pick up Dion Lewis this week, and I was encouraged by his usage in Week 7 before they went on their bye.

What say you, LG'ers?

I would have kept Drake. Like you said, Fitzmagic can be replaced at any time really.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 3:27 pm    Post subject:

Freddie Buckets wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:

What say you, LG'ers?

I would have kept Drake. Like you said, Fitzmagic can be replaced at any time really.

In a league where you start 2 QB's, I felt I was just hemorrhaging lost points there, and Fitzpatrick's ceiling is so high that I felt it was worth it to sell Drake high. I mean, I wouldn't even start him in a normal week. Just felt it was worth it.

I should probably add that in this league, QB's score really highly. You get one point per 20 yards passing instead of 25, and it's 4 points per passing TD and 6 points per passing TD of 40 yards or more. No one throws more deep passes than Fitzpatrick this season. He's averaging more than Mahomes per game he's played in, for whatever that's worth. Obviously I know that wouldn't be sustainable over a full season, but I do feel like he's a surefire QB1 and I think in my position, at 5-3 and with a 1-game lead for the last playoff spot, I feel like I need to aggressively manage my team. I felt like Stafford has turned into a floor rather than ceiling play (and Tate's trade means they have even less for him to work with), and that Dalton has too many ups and downs. TB runs plays at the 4th-highest pace in the league and volume is king, especially when you need to chase points. Again, since I didn't feel like I'd start Drake except during bye weeks for my top 3 RB's, I thought it was worth doing. Koetter needs to win, you can't play winning football when your QB is a turnover machine, and I'm not convinced that they go back to Winston, particularly since I'm not even sure if the locker room wants that.

We'll see what happens!
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 7:41 pm    Post subject:

BadGuy wrote:
Freddie Buckets wrote:
Question for tonight.

Howard

Oops
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 7:44 pm    Post subject:

vanexelent wrote:
BadGuy wrote:
Freddie Buckets wrote:
Question for tonight.

Howard

Oops

Haha, it happens. The Raiders were that bad, and Kittle got almost all of his points on one drive. Howard can still do well. All you can do is play the cards as they lay on the table!
Freddie Buckets
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 7:49 pm    Post subject:

vanexelent wrote:
BadGuy wrote:
Freddie Buckets wrote:
Question for tonight.

Howard

Oops

haha luckily i went with kittle tonight
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 23, 24, 25  Next
Page 17 of 25
Jump to: