HOF Rookie
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 6:26 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
HOF Rookie wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
Lonzo'sBalls wrote:
I also think Corey Clement will steal Ajayi job by a few weeks in.

Same. Def going to try to roster him as much as possible. Plus, Ajayi already has a “lower body” injury.

Other late guys I like — Jordan Wilkins, Mike Williams, and Sterling Shephard.

problem with wilkins is that they have 2 other young guys as RB there. who knows what things look like when it plays out. if you're confident in your team and want to keep a roster spot for him, then might be worth it. but he could also be a drop candidate when bye weeks roll around

I think there’s a chance Wilkins starts week 1. Mack to me doesnt seem built for an every down role, and Hines is more of a gadgety Tarik Cohen type who has had fumbling issues in the preseason.

I’d bet on Wilkins being the most fantasy relevant back in Indy this season.

i think Mack could be the guy.

Also, in general, the colts haven't produced any fantasy worthy backs in the last handful of years. Gore was okay, but nothing you couldn't replace fairly easily.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 6:43 pm    Post subject:

HOF Rookie wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
HOF Rookie wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
Lonzo'sBalls wrote:

Same. Def going to try to roster him as much as possible. Plus, Ajayi already has a “lower body” injury.

problem with wilkins is that they have 2 other young guys as RB there. who knows what things look like when it plays out. if you're confident in your team and want to keep a roster spot for him, then might be worth it. but he could also be a drop candidate when bye weeks roll around

I think there’s a chance Wilkins starts week 1. Mack to me doesnt seem built for an every down role, and Hines is more of a gadgety Tarik Cohen type who has had fumbling issues in the preseason.

Also, in general, the colts haven't produced any fantasy worthy backs in the last handful of years. Gore was okay, but nothing you couldn't replace fairly easily.

I think Mack is too boom or bust for an every down role. Last season, 33% of his runs resulted in non-positive yardage and health is a concern for him as he is still not practicing. They are going to need a guy to consistently move the chains and I just see Wilkins as more of that guy.

Mack is basically a guy that gets you 20 yards or stuffed at the line of scrimmage. That sounds like change of pace more than every down back to me.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 7:22 pm    Post subject:

I don't have any interest in Colts RB's. Reich is going to do what Philly did, and use a total committee. I just don't have much interest in that, especially on what will be a bad team.

I also find myself getting shares of Corey Clement in many of the mock drafts I'm doing. He looks legit, and though I don't think he has standalone value if Ajayi stays healthy, we've seen that movie before where he doesn't.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:30 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
I don't have any interest in Colts RB's. Reich is going to do what Philly did, and use a total committee. I just don't have much interest in that, especially on what will be a bad team.

I also find myself getting shares of Corey Clement in many of the mock drafts I'm doing. He looks legit, and though I don't think he has standalone value if Ajayi stays healthy, we've seen that movie before where he doesn't.

Well, I wouldnt ordinarily have interest in the Indy RBs either, but Wilkins is going in the 11th-12th round and he could represent Flex value there.

Agree on Clement. Very high on him.
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 7:19 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:

Well, I wouldnt ordinarily have interest in the Indy RBs either, but Wilkins is going in the 11th-12th round and he could represent Flex value there.

Agree on Clement. Very high on him.

Colts fan here. I'd take a shot on Wilkins. Mack may drop because of the injury, in which case I'd grab him in the 8th or 9th. Hines seems like he can't hold onto the ball, so I wouldn't bother with him. Clement is also intriguing as a late round flier.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 4:13 pm    Post subject:

Marquise Lee carted off with a knee injury.

Keelan Cole looking like a late round bargain.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 5:28 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
Marquise Lee carted off with a knee injury.

Keelan Cole looking like a late round bargain.

Did not look good (but I disagree with the refs call on play). I thought Marquise was headed toward a good season.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 10:11 pm    Post subject:

Cole had the best connection with Bortles at the end of last season, and I liked him over Lee for this season. Now Cole probably goes from late or last round flier to a legitimate consideration as a WR4 with upside.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2018 5:22 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
Cole had the best connection with Bortles at the end of last season, and I liked him over Lee for this season. Now Cole probably goes from late or last round flier to a legitimate consideration as a WR4 with upside.

I think he might even be WR3 with upside. His two biggest games last season were with a key player out of their lineup: Marquise Lee.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2018 1:00 pm    Post subject:

Alfred Morris is looking awfully good in preseason action, and I had forgotten that Morris first broke out as a Redskin under Mike Shanahan. The coach of the 49ers is Kyle Shanahan. Same family, same scheme. He's definitely worth a shot as a late-round flier. And I'm down on McKinnon for the same reason. He'll still get work, but visions of him dominating work there have dissipated for me.

AP is also worth an investment. Kelley and Perine are so terrible that there's a very realistic chance that AP dominates carries and all goal-line work. It's not that you should expect a ton from AP, but there's a very realistic chance that he ends up being fantasy relevant.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2018 4:50 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
Alfred Morris is looking awfully good in preseason action, and I had forgotten that Morris first broke out as a Redskin under Mike Shanahan. The coach of the 49ers is Kyle Shanahan. Same family, same scheme. He's definitely worth a shot as a late-round flier. And I'm down on McKinnon for the same reason. He'll still get work, but visions of him dominating work there have dissipated for me.

AP is also worth an investment. Kelley and Perine are so terrible that there's a very realistic chance that AP dominates carries and all goal-line work. It's not that you should expect a ton from AP, but there's a very realistic chance that he ends up being fantasy relevant.

I dont want to draft McKinnon unless I’m getting value... but the one thing that makes me wonder is Devonta Freeman had his best season under Shanahan and McKinnon is that kind of back. So thats the one thing that makes me think ... well maybe. But I dont see McKinnon returning RB1 value like Freeman either.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2018 4:58 pm    Post subject:

Draft #2 in the books and this league has double flex positions so I went hard on RB. Thoughts? 12 teams, standard scoring, 9th pick, 7 bench spots. I plan to stream K and DST.

QB: Matt Stafford (12)
RB: Melvin Gordon (1)
RB: Joe Mixon (2)
WR: Doug Baldwin (3)
WR: Josh Gordon (7)
TE: Trey Burton (8)
Flex: Lamar Miller (4)
Flex: Mark Ingram (5)
K: Mason Crosby (17)
DST: Pittsburgh Steelers (16)

BN: Carlos Hyde (6)
BN: Nelson Agholor (9)
BN: Jordan Wilkins (10)
BN: Michael Gallup (11)
BN: Marcus Mariota (13)
BN: John Brown (14)
BN: Chris Godwin (15)

I think I crushed this draft, though, my receivers are questionable.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2018 5:00 pm    Post subject:

^^^^think there is a chance that Chris Godwin has a break out season....especially if they start putting Jackson in the slot more and playing Godwin opposite Mike Evans.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2018 5:07 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
^^^^think there is a chance that Chris Godwin has a break out season....especially if they start putting Jackson in the slot more and playing Godwin opposite Mike Evans.

Yeah, so I noticed WRs flying off the board early so I decided my roster construction would be RB1 caliber backs, tons of them early. Then, take a bunch of high upside WRs particularly late, but guys I can cut if they don’t pan out. Didnt want too many “safe” WRs that I’d have to hold on to. Agholor is my safe guy in case none of the young ones pan out.

Hoping between Godwin, Brown, and Gallup, ond of them emerges as a WR2 which hey, I wont need if Josh gordon pans out haha
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2018 5:14 pm    Post subject:

^^^I know the local writers are claiming Jackson is getting much more work in the slot....trying to make room for Godwin opposite Evans...the way Evans and Vincent Jackson did early in Evan's career. Also read to expect when they release the depth chart that it will still list Jackson @ #2, but the well known secret in camp this season is that will be on paper only. Just repeating what I have read from local writers....maybe national guys are saying same thing.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2018 9:02 pm    Post subject:

Godwin is a breakout candidate and very worthy of a late-round flier. This season could turn south for the Bucs very quickly, and if that happens, they might as well move on from D-Jax (perhaps in a trade) and that would really open things up for Godwin. I mean, he may not become an every-week starter even if D-Jax weren't around, but he's a good upside flier, and he looks the part.

I just had my first draft tonight, a 12-team Yahoo league. Full PPR. You start 2 RB's, 3 WR's, 2 flexes, and even 3 IDP's, so this is a really long draft. I had the first pick and went with Gurley, so that turn at 24/25 is always tricky. I went with Mike Evans and Doug Baldwin, the guys I thought were the two best WR's at that point. Here's what I ended up with:

QB Brees
RB Gurley
RB Drake
WR Evans
WR Baldwin
WR Sanders
TE Reed
Flex R. Anderson
Flex C. Thompson
DEF Baltimore
K Succop
D Von Miller
DB Lattimore
DL C. Jordan

BN Roethlisberger
BN Jamaal Williams
BN Aaron Jones
BN G. Bernard
BN Vernon Davis
BN G. Allison
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2018 9:08 pm    Post subject:

^
I should mention that I like Geronimo Allison as a late-round flier. I think he's looked good whenever he's received opportunities, and if the Packers do happen to trade or cut Randall Cobb before the season (I don't think they will, but a report last week surfaced that they were considering doing just that), Allison would become the #2 WR in an Aaron Rodgers offense, and I think we can all agree that such a spot is very fantasy-relevant. Heck, we've seen the Packers have 3 fantasy-relevant WR's before in the same year.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 7:50 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
Godwin is a breakout candidate and very worthy of a late-round flier. This season could turn south for the Bucs very quickly, and if that happens, they might as well move on from D-Jax (perhaps in a trade) and that would really open things up for Godwin. I mean, he may not become an every-week starter even if D-Jax weren't around, but he's a good upside flier, and he looks the part.

I just had my first draft tonight, a 12-team Yahoo league. Full PPR. You start 2 RB's, 3 WR's, 2 flexes, and even 3 IDP's, so this is a really long draft. I had the first pick and went with Gurley, so that turn at 24/25 is always tricky. I went with Mike Evans and Doug Baldwin, the guys I thought were the two best WR's at that point. Here's what I ended up with:

QB Brees
RB Gurley
RB Drake
WR Evans
WR Baldwin
WR Sanders
TE Reed
Flex R. Anderson
Flex C. Thompson
DEF Baltimore
K Succop
D Von Miller
DB Lattimore
DL C. Jordan

BN Roethlisberger
BN Jamaal Williams
BN Aaron Jones
BN G. Bernard
BN Vernon Davis
BN G. Allison

IDP guys aside (I don't play in any, so I can't comment), that is a great draft for a 12-teamer.

Although, why is Jamaal Williams on your bench? He should be starting over Chris Thompson IMO at flex.

I have two critiques, both minor.

1) Lots of handcuffing going on. I like the Williams/Jones handcuff. I get the Vernon Davis one, but, you're in trouble on the bye week there. So if I am going to have that many handcuffs, I'd like to see a couple more high upside guys that are cuttable. Allison is a good one, but maybe instead of Bernard, someone like Jordan Wilkins who can easily be cut if he doesn't perform. You might say well, I can do the same with Bernard, which is true, but if you're going to cut him anyway, why not get someone with a higher ceiling. Just a thought.

2) Kind of the same thing with Big Ben. I always like to make sure I get a 2nd QB, however, when I get a safe option like Brees, I prefer to, again, take a player who has a chance to significantly outplay their draft position. So there, I would prefer guys like Marcus Mariota, Alex Smith, Jameis Winston. I just think guys like Big Ben are boring, can't be used on the road, and have no chance at sniffing Top 5.

Overall, really good draft IMO for a 12-teamer and I'm sure you're happy you got Drake in the late 4th, good value IMO. I don't believe any of the reports about a split workload with him and Gore. Gore is 35!!! It's going to be 65/35 at worst making Drake a fine RB2 with RB1 upside. The only real critique is I don't see enough upside in the later picks. The only way they become viable is if you lose another piece, and I'd like to see some more pieces that give you more depth rather than cannibalize it. Then again, maybe you're a risk adverse type manager, nothing wrong with that, who feels more comfortable knowing if A goes down you have B, rather than the chance to have both A and B together.
Freddie Buckets
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 12:33 pm    Post subject:

Had the draft for my work league yesterday.

Drew the 9th pick, PPR league. Six points a passing TD.

QB Rodgers/Mahomes
RB Ronald Jones/Mack/Carson/Drake
WR Hopkins/Beckham/Doctson/Bryant/Cobb
TE Kittle/Ebron
Def- Rams
K-Vinatieri
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 1:15 pm    Post subject:

Freddie Buckets wrote:

QB Rodgers/Mahomes
TE Kittle/Ebron
Def- Rams
K-Vinatieri

Hard to tell without knowing league size. Not bad if 12-teamer, so-so if 10-teamer. But I almost gave you an auto fail for lsiting Ronald Jones and Marlon Mack first. I assumed those were your RB1 and RB2! lol.

Couple things.

- Mahomes was a wasted draft pick that could have been used for an RB. When you spend a 3rd round pick on Aaron Rodgers (a bad idea in this draft, IMO), there's no point in getting a backup QB, especially a rookie.

- Ebron offers almost zero upside. Go get a TE with some upside. ASJ, or Dallas Goedert, or Nick Vannett, Gesicki, not Ebron. Dude couldn't produce when he was the only TE in town and now he is sharing.

- I like the Hopkins pick a lot, but I think I would have liked Melvin Gordon more in full PPR. Was he taken!? I think dude is going EAT this year.
Freddie Buckets
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 3:51 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
Freddie Buckets wrote:

QB Rodgers/Mahomes
TE Kittle/Ebron
Def- Rams
K-Vinatieri

Hard to tell without knowing league size. Not bad if 12-teamer, so-so if 10-teamer. But I almost gave you an auto fail for lsiting Ronald Jones and Marlon Mack first. I assumed those were your RB1 and RB2! lol.

Couple things.

- Mahomes was a wasted draft pick that could have been used for an RB. When you spend a 3rd round pick on Aaron Rodgers (a bad idea in this draft, IMO), there's no point in getting a backup QB, especially a rookie.

- Ebron offers almost zero upside. Go get a TE with some upside. ASJ, or Dallas Goedert, or Nick Vannett, Gesicki, not Ebron. Dude couldn't produce when he was the only TE in town and now he is sharing.

- I like the Hopkins pick a lot, but I think I would have liked Melvin Gordon more in full PPR. Was he taken!? I think dude is going EAT this year.

it was 12 team league. for some reason, our commish decided to limit the number of rb's we can have at four.

heres our draft board, if you're interested in looking. i wanted melvin gordon in the second round but he was taken right before my pick. same thing with gronk in the third round.

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d34/Pronk25/draft%20board_zpsag34ehig.jpg?t=1535327256
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 4:06 pm    Post subject:

Freddie Buckets wrote:

QB Rodgers/Mahomes
TE Kittle/Ebron
Def- Rams
K-Vinatieri

I hope you're right about Jones.....but us Buc's fans are fairly nervous.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 5:25 pm    Post subject:

Freddie Buckets wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
Freddie Buckets wrote:

QB Rodgers/Mahomes
TE Kittle/Ebron
Def- Rams
K-Vinatieri

Couple things.

it was 12 team league. for some reason, our commish decided to limit the number of rb's we can have at four.

heres our draft board, if you're interested in looking. i wanted melvin gordon in the second round but he was taken right before my pick. same thing with gronk in the third round.

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d34/Pronk25/draft%20board_zpsag34ehig.jpg?t=1535327256

Wow, DJ fell to 7th??

BTW, I think a better backup TE with upside who may be available is Ricky Seals-Jones.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 6:28 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
HOF Rookie wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
HOF Rookie wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
Lonzo'sBalls wrote:

I think Mack is too boom or bust for an every down role. Last season, 33% of his runs resulted in non-positive yardage and health is a concern for him as he is still not practicing. They are going to need a guy to consistently move the chains and I just see Wilkins as more of that guy.

Mack is basically a guy that gets you 20 yards or stuffed at the line of scrimmage. That sounds like change of pace more than every down back to me.

Mack (like Tarik Cohen) is a guy who will have 3-4 big games and be quiet in the rest. You have to be lucky to start him those 3-4 games.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 6:31 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:

McKinnon is an injury waiting to happen
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 23, 24, 25  Next
Page 2 of 25
Jump to: