Official General 2019 NBA Draft Talk Thread (Lakers Get 46th Pick/Talen Horton-Tucker, Sign Cacok, Norvell, Caroline)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 439, 440, 441  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:04 pm    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
How is bol bol guys?

Terrible.

Upside is definitely not Zinger.

If it was, he'd be undisputed #2 in this draft.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 11:18 am    Post subject:

Cam Johnson went 7-10 behind the arc.

Still think he's late 1st.

KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 11:38 am    Post subject:

An exaggerated version of Ingram’s body type, up a position or two...can’t see it going well. He likes to drive like a wing, but he’ll be bumped off his drive so badly by bigmen. His jumper has upside but it’s kinda low and slow.
PlantedTanks
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 2:44 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
How is bol bol guys?

Terrible.

Terrible seems a little harsh. He has skills you don't normally see in a big his size. Not sure how his body will hold up over a full NBA season but he appears to have put on weight from high school to this year which is encouraging.

I understand all the questions about him that you have previously pointed out but hopefully maturity and being around NBA players/coaches/trainers will transform him into an NBA player.

Btw I really like Jaxson Hayes. Conversely I wasn't that high on Mo Bamba last year although I understand why he was hyped.
PlantedTanks
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 3:31 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
An exaggerated version of Ingram’s body type, up a position or two...can’t see it going well. He likes to drive like a wing, but he’ll be bumped off his drive so badly by bigmen. His jumper has upside but it’s kinda low and slow.

Cameron Johnson? His body appears more like Kuzma's. The jumper also looks okay. Fairly quick release.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 3:56 pm    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
How is bol bol guys?

He possesses the best natural touch I've ever seen from a 7-footer with a functional enough handle (at least the foundation of one) to create his own shot from deep.

He'll probably be a disaster on defense outside of the occasional swat due to standing reach, but I think he has the peak offensive upside to be a 25 ppg scorer if he can remain healthy. He's an obvious late lottery pick, imo, similar to the Nuggets taking an upside flier on Michael Porter last year (though Bol is arguably a "safer" pick with more CBB game film and a less spotty injury history to date).
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 4:29 pm    Post subject:

PlantedTanks wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

Cameron Johnson? His body appears more like Kuzma's. The jumper also looks okay. Fairly quick release.

Bol Bol
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 4:47 pm    Post subject:

PlantedTanks wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
How is bol bol guys?

Terrible.

Terrible seems a little harsh. He has skills you don't normally see in a big his size. Not sure how his body will hold up over a full NBA season but he appears to have put on weight from high school to this year which is encouraging.

I understand all the questions about him that you have previously pointed out but hopefully maturity and being around NBA players/coaches/trainers will transform him into an NBA player.

Btw I really like Jaxson Hayes. Conversely I wasn't that high on Mo Bamba last year although I understand why he was hyped.

I don't think the skill set can be applied with Bol Bol due to his complete lack of physicality.

Like, he's got wingspan, and yet I don't even think he could get the ball under tough defensive pressure, because even point guards can root him out.

PlantedTanks
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 6:57 pm    Post subject:

Haven't seen his name mentioned but Robert Franks Jr from Washington State is a nice skilled player. Average athlete, good height and length. Good shooter/scorer with deep range. Senior.

Another 2nd round possibility.
lakerfanaticPT
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 9:25 pm    Post subject:

What about that center from Texas.....Hayes. Looks promising??
Practice
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 11:44 pm    Post subject:

lakerfanaticPT wrote:
What about that center from Texas.....Hayes. Looks promising??

The current consensus is that he'll be the first center taken. I like him, but I don't see the Lakers having the patience to develop him.
Justwar
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 12:18 am    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
Oh noooooo. Grant Williams is WAY more skilled with the mid-range game and pivot work. I remember Jarnell, but Stokes was foul prone and his game was predicated around rebounding like Danny Fortson.

Grant Williams
Mark Aguirre
Adrian Dantley
Corliss Williamson
Danny Fortson
Jarnell Stokes

Watched Grant today. He's not a great athlete, way in between positions a shade over 6'5". He is a college star because of his pure aggression but pj washington punched him in the mouth and he didn't respond. Looked soft once he was challenged physically
LakersForever123
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 1:03 pm    Post subject:

mike _at_ lg, what is your take on Deandre Hunter?

Will he be a top 10 pick? He will be 22 this year.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 1:16 pm    Post subject:

Can't believe nobody else seems high on my guy Dylan Windler, Senior 6'8" Shooting Guard @ Belmont. He had 2 games this week....in the first he put up 31 Points and 13 Rebounds on 11 of 14 shooting (14 shots = 31 points!), and in the seconds game today he put up 21 Points and 9 Rebounds on 6 of 9 shooting (9 shots = 21 points!)
PlantedTanks
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 1:52 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Can't believe nobody else seems high on my guy Dylan Windler, Senior 6'8" Shooting Guard @ Belmont. He had 2 games this week....in the first he put up 31 Points and 13 Rebounds on 11 of 14 shooting (14 shots = 31 points!), and in the seconds game today he put up 21 Points and 9 Rebounds on 6 of 9 shooting (9 shots = 21 points!)

I believe it was you who mentioned Belmont when the season was first getting started so I watched one game (vs. Lipscomb) and was really unimpressed. I wasn't targeting any one player from either team but at halftime I moved on as no one showed me they had NBA potential. I get the stats but the competition is rather poor and I wonder how he would fair against more athletic players.

I perceive him similar to Mike Daum who I like. Athleticism and competition question marks but really good shooters/scorers who are not considered much by the draft pundits.

Watched a few YT vids and I can see him developing into an NBA player but the upside seems limited and it will take a few years. Will try to watch another game for a better perspective.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 8:38 pm    Post subject:

PlantedTanks wrote:
adkindo wrote:

I believe it was you who mentioned Belmont when the season was first getting started so I watched one game (vs. Lipscomb) and was really unimpressed. I wasn't targeting any one player from either team but at halftime I moved on as no one showed me they had NBA potential. I get the stats but the competition is rather poor and I wonder how he would fair against more athletic players.

I perceive him similar to Mike Daum who I like. Athleticism and competition question marks but really good shooters/scorers who are not considered much by the draft pundits.

Watched a few YT vids and I can see him developing into an NBA player but the upside seems limited and it will take a few years. Will try to watch another game for a better perspective.

not sure if you watched the link i posted last week of his game...it is just his made shots in a 41 point game...but that shot is quick and smooth....reminds me a lot of Kyle Korver.

Luminous8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 9:46 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
This is becoming a draft where I wish the Lakers had multiple 2nd round picks.

Marial Shayok
Nick Weiler-Babb
Lindell Wiggington
Talen Horten Tucker - Expected 1st round
Tyrese Halibuerton - Unsure he declares but would draft him 1st round

Jon Teske
Charles Matthews
Jordan Poole - Expected 1st
Iggy Brazdeikis - Expected 1st/Early 2nd

Cassius Winston - 2nd round

Miye Oni - Expected 2nd round, should be 1st round

Kerwin Roach - Expected 2nd

Markus Howard - Expected 2nd

Udoka Azbuike
Jarrey Foster
Zach Norvell Jr
Matisse Thybulle - Expected 2nd, should be 1st round
Cam Johnson - Expected 2nd, should be 1st round
Bruno Fernando - Expected 2nd, should be 1st round

Jalen McDaniels - Should be mid to late 1st

That's roughly 19 guys that are expected to be picks #25 and later.

Bruno was expected to go early second LAST year. But this year he’s been pretty firmly locked into 5-10 range. I think I saw him as high 3 at one point. He’s been my guy since last year and have advocated highly for him. If he’s there when we pick him, that’s my guy.
PlantedTanks
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 10:11 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
PlantedTanks wrote:
adkindo wrote:

not sure if you watched the link i posted last week of his game...it is just his made shots in a 41 point game...but that shot is quick and smooth....reminds me a lot of Kyle Korver.

Yes the release is quick and smooth. The big question is athleticism. Besides Ingles I have a difficult time trying to find an NBA player comp.

IMO what makes players like Korver and JJ Redick special is their ability to pull the trigger coming off screens where they are open for that split second. Not many have this ability and not sure Windler has it.

Don't see other parts of his offensive game translating as he needs a lot of work on strengthening his body. Lastly where does he play defensively? Playing the wing positions will be a challenge for him.

If he could show play making skills or could slide over as a PF in limited minutes I would feel higher about him.

I feel he is a similar player/shooter as Matt Thomas from the 2017 summer league. I actually am hopeful that after 2 years overseas he has expanded his game and will be signed to the pre-season roster with the outside chance of making the team especially if the young core is traded.
Luminous8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:48 am    Post subject:

Matt Thomas reminds me of Joe Harris. Loved that dude in SPL. That roster shows just how important shooters around Zo(and bron) is.
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:40 am    Post subject:

LakersForever123 wrote:
mike@lg, what is your take on Deandre Hunter?

Will he be a top 10 pick? He will be 22 this year.

My favorite player. The kid will be a stud in the NBA. His defensive versatility is unmatched. Only a couple of mocks (FOOLS) have him available in the mid teens. Hopefully he drops because of his age.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:18 am    Post subject:

PlantedTanks wrote:
Yes the release is quick and smooth. The big question is athleticism. Besides Ingles I have a difficult time trying to find an NBA player comp.

IMO what makes players like Korver and JJ Redick special is their ability to pull the trigger coming off screens where they are open for that split second. Not many have this ability and not sure Windler has it.

Don't see other parts of his offensive game translating as he needs a lot of work on strengthening his body. Lastly where does he play defensively? Playing the wing positions will be a challenge for him.

If he could show play making skills or could slide over as a PF in limited minutes I would feel higher about him.

I feel he is a similar player/shooter as Matt Thomas from the 2017 summer league. I actually am hopeful that after 2 years overseas he has expanded his game and will be signed to the pre-season roster with the outside chance of making the team especially if the young core is traded.

I guess I see more offensive skill and athleticism than you. I think he has shown a solid ability to attack the basket, score off the dribble and attack closeouts. On defense, like Korver he will have to continue being a smart team defender because his on ball perimeter defense likely will always be average at best. I have not seen him show much ability to create for others or even really attempt to often. He is a shooter, and I see him as solid NBA rotation guy.
PlantedTanks
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:48 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
PlantedTanks wrote:

I guess I see more offensive skill and athleticism than you. I think he has shown a solid ability to attack the basket, score off the dribble and attack closeouts. On defense, like Korver he will have to continue being a smart team defender because his on ball perimeter defense likely will always be average at best. I have not seen him show much ability to create for others or even really attempt to often. He is a shooter, and I see him as solid NBA rotation guy.

Fair enough. I can see him developing into a rotation player. I just thought from your posts you rated him higher than that.

It is difficult to get a gauge on how NBA personnel evaluate players like Windler and Thomas vs. someone like Doug McDermott. Defense, perceived athleticism, college success/stats? Will be interesting to see how Windler fares in the draft.
Practice
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 4:19 pm    Post subject:

Hunter will be gone way before we pick.
lakerfanaticPT
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:01 pm    Post subject:

Keldon Johnson looks noice/nasty.
Too bad he will be gone before we pick:((
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 5:37 am    Post subject:

whatever happened to filipino Kobe?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> NBA Draft All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 439, 440, 441  Next
Page 31 of 441
Jump to: