Official General 2019 NBA Draft Talk Thread (Lakers Get 46th Pick/Talen Horton-Tucker, Sign Cacok, Norvell, Caroline)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 273, 274, 275 ... 439, 440, 441  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 6:26 pm    Post subject:

Phoenix has probably been expecting to pick top four all year. If they really loved somebody they don't think will be there at six, it would be nice to do the lotto swap with future first sweetener. We saw that last year with Dallas (#5 plus 2018 top 6 protected first for #3) and the year before with Philly (#3 plus Sacramento top one protected for #1).

Maybe something like #6 plus a 2020 top six protected first for #4. I'm not sure if the way this draft falls warrants that though.
LuciusAllen
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 6:49 pm    Post subject:

audioaxes wrote:
not a fan of Barrett... the last thing we need is another wing who can shoot.
If Barrett falls to the Lakers I hope we trade down to the highest bidder

All teams need wings who can shoot. But I'm guessing you meant "can't."

I think that Barrett can be a successful SG in the NBA. He has a well-rounded skillset.

Anyway, I think that Barrett's stock is high enough that if the Lakers draft him, they can trade down as you suggest, or draft him for another team and trade him when they can (the Pels being an obvious choice, but not the only one).
PICKnPOP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 6:52 pm    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
PICKnPOP wrote:
https://youtu.be/Sn3EAwren_U

I thought this interview was very interesting. The part where Gilbert and Dwight discuss Zion is the most interesting in my opinion. If you don’t want to listen to the interview they basically agree that Zion would be best served playing the 2 in the NBA and would need to lose a ton of weight to be effective in the NBA. They call him a 4 but don’t think he can achieve his superstar status at that position in the NBA because he’s too small.

So what do you guys think? Would he be best served playing the 2 in the NBA? I kind of agree and I think that it means a lot coming from a current players perspective. I honestly think current players would make the best scouts tbh. They know more than anyone what would work and what won’t.

What's Zion's advantage at the 2?

How would you build a championship team around Zion at the 2?

A shooting PG, SF, PF, and Center?

Seems like the hardest positions to find shooters at are: PG, PF, and Center

not sure but they basically said his athleticism wouldnt mean very much against all of the bigmen because his hops are negated by their size and length + athleticism.

at the 2 they think hes has all elite advantages and makes the most of his athleticism.

PICKnPOP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 6:54 pm    Post subject:

fansincemagic wrote:
PICKnPOP wrote:
https://youtu.be/Sn3EAwren_U

I thought this interview was very interesting. The part where Gilbert and Dwight discuss Zion is the most interesting in my opinion. If you don’t want to listen to the interview they basically agree that Zion would be best served playing the 2 in the NBA and would need to lose a ton of weight to be effective in the NBA. They call him a 4 but don’t think he can achieve his superstar status at that position in the NBA because he’s too small.

So what do you guys think? Would he be best served playing the 2 in the NBA? I kind of agree and I think that it means a lot coming from a current players perspective. I honestly think current players would make the best scouts tbh. They know more than anyone what would work and what won’t.

I know the game is getting "positionless" but wouldn't you go 3 before 2? I think he's complementing his guard skills while showing AD there is a path for him, Zion and Randle to form a great frontcourt as starters.

not really sure why they went directly to the 2. I think its because he would be the most athletic 2 in the NBA from day 1. he would also be the strongest.

CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 7:05 pm    Post subject:

Think we can get Zach Collins for the 4 pick? He is going to be a perfect C for defense and shooting and his salary gives us the Max back without trading Bonga for a 2nd round pick or cutting him.
The God Particle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 7:08 pm    Post subject:

LBJ23 wrote:
Think we can get Zach Collins for the 4 pick? He is going to be a perfect C for defense and shooting and his salary gives us the Max back without trading Bonga for a 2nd round pick or cutting him.

Bro....

Go grab a snickers.... you turn into IG when you're hungry.
€H£M£$TR¥
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 7:09 pm    Post subject:

audioaxes wrote:
Reddish and Bol Bol is like the absolute worst possible haul you can get from #8 and #10.
Neither player would even be ready to be in the rotation this year and both can end up being busts.

If you guys only spoke Tagalog... worst possible haul indeed... Bastos!

Last edited by €H£M£$TR¥ on Mon May 20, 2019 7:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 7:09 pm    Post subject:

The God Particle wrote:
LBJ23 wrote:

Bro....

Lol. I was looking at his numbers, pretty good defender and 3 point shooter and is only 21.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 7:11 pm    Post subject:

LBJ23 wrote:
The God Particle wrote:
LBJ23 wrote:

Bro....

Lol. I was looking at his numbers, pretty good defender and 3 point shooter and is only 21.

Snickers seems like a good plan
The God Particle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 7:13 pm    Post subject:

LBJ23 wrote:
The God Particle wrote:
LBJ23 wrote:

Bro....

He's a 15 minute a game center, who is athletic but doesn't know how to use it.

He is not a good defender, and he's also not a good shooter. And for a big is a terrible rebounder.

Seriously... go grab a snickers.

CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 7:16 pm    Post subject:

Lol. K. Let's draft Reddish
The God Particle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 7:16 pm    Post subject:

LBJ23 wrote:

lol
HOF Rookie
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 7:29 pm    Post subject:

Laker's Fan wrote:
Phoenix has probably been expecting to pick top four all year. If they really loved somebody they don't think will be there at six, it would be nice to do the lotto swap with future first sweetener. We saw that last year with Dallas (#5 plus 2018 top 6 protected first for #3) and the year before with Philly (#3 plus Sacramento top one protected for #1).

Maybe something like #6 plus a 2020 top six protected first for #4. I'm not sure if the way this draft falls warrants that though.

i think we have to give the appearance that we will draft garland and start a slight bidding war between Phoenix and Chicago.

i'd happy to take a lottery protected pick next year, then top 8 protected, then top 3 protected. Something like that.
lakerfanaticPT
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 7:51 pm    Post subject:

HOF Rookie wrote:
Laker's Fan wrote:

i think we have to give the appearance that we will draft garland and start a slight bidding war between Phoenix and Chicago.

i'd happy to take a lottery protected pick next year, then top 8 protected, then top 3 protected. Something like that.

With the way Phoenix wants Garland.....hell no on protection. Maybe top 3 but maybe top 1 only. If they want him, they will pay. Also add Melton in the swap. #4 for #6 plus Melton and top 3 protected first next year. That's how you make them pay.
GameCock-MD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 7:56 pm    Post subject:

HOF Rookie wrote:
Laker's Fan wrote:

Protections make no sense, not for what we're giving up.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 7:59 pm    Post subject:

LBJ23 wrote:

Lol. K.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 8:13 pm    Post subject:

If Lebron can't get Cam reddish to increase his motor, who can?
GameCock-MD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 8:21 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:

It's not about motor.

Cam didn't have to play at a high level for Duke. Cam is naturally a smooth player.

In the right role on the right team, Cam is nearly un-guardable. He's shown he can play off 2 dominant scorers. I have no doubt that with LeBron and Lonzo's passing, Reddish will shine as a finisher.

Won't bother me if we don't pick him. Just don't like the narrative that he's a bad pick for anyone from the 4th pick on. He's not.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 8:25 pm    Post subject:

We need guys who can make shots.

D Garland does and has same measurements as Steph curry

I would draft him in a second
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 8:30 pm    Post subject:

GameCock-MD wrote:
epak wrote:

It's not about motor.

Cam didn't have to play at a high level for Duke. Cam is naturally a smooth player.

In the right role on the right team, Cam is nearly un-guardable. He's shown he can play off 2 dominant scorers. I have no doubt that with LeBron and Lonzo's passing, Reddish will shine as a finisher.

Won't bother me if we don't pick him. Just don't like the narrative that he's a bad pick for anyone from the 4th pick on. He's not.

It is definitely to some degree about motor....Cam has had questions in regards to his motor since he was 16 years old. If Cam displayed an average or above average motor in high school/AAU...he likely enters college as the #1 recruit in the country.
GameCock-MD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 8:32 pm    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:

We can find shooting in the Free Agent Market for the Vet's min if we add the right Max level Star Free Agents. Guys who are on LeBron's timetable.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 8:34 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
GameCock-MD wrote:
epak wrote:

It's not about motor.

It is definitely to some degree about motor....Cam has had questions in regards to his motor since he was 16 years old. If Cam displayed an average or above average motor in high school/AAU...he likely enters college as the #1 recruit in the country.

You think motor an intrinsic trait, something learned, or a little of both?

His measurable and skillset make you drool. If he can increase the motor and do that 32 mins a game, 82 games+ per year, for 10 years, he's a beast of an Allstar.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 8:36 pm    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:

Does he have the same brains?
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 8:38 pm    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
adkindo wrote:
GameCock-MD wrote:
epak wrote:

It's not about motor.

You think motor an intrinsic trait, something learned, or a little of both?

His measurable and skillset make you drool. If he can increase the motor and do that 32 mins a game, 82 games+ per year, for 10 years, he's a beast of an Allstar.

probably both, but more intrinsic from what I have seen. I think habits can be formed to improve what we consider motor attributes, but I have doubts about someone without a natural motor developing into a player with a high level motor.
TheKing23
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 8:38 pm    Post subject:

€H£M£$TR¥ wrote:
audioaxes wrote:
Reddish and Bol Bol is like the absolute worst possible haul you can get from #8 and #10.
Neither player would even be ready to be in the rotation this year and both can end up being busts.

If you guys only spoke Tagalog... worst possible haul indeed... Bastos!

tangina ginger pubes
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> NBA Draft All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 273, 274, 275 ... 439, 440, 441  Next
Page 274 of 441
Jump to: