Official General 2019 NBA Draft Talk Thread (Lakers Get 46th Pick/Talen Horton-Tucker, Sign Cacok, Norvell, Caroline)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 264, 265, 266 ... 439, 440, 441  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LKA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 3:35 pm    Post subject:

Jack's Room wrote:
The one thing no one's really mentioning about Garland: he's the son of a former NBA player, Winston Garland. I have a soft spot for NBA legacy players. Perhaps it's a combination of genetics, coaching, and an ability to adjust to the NBA lifestyle.

Some current sons of former players: Devin Booker, Klay Thompson, Steph/Seth Curry, Al Horford, Jae Crowder, Ed Davis, Jaren Jackson Jr., Kevin Love, Wesley Matthews, Larry Nance Jr., Damontis Sabonis, etc.

Yep and the first son of a former NBA player is usually better than their dad. (Reason why Seth is ... yeah)
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 3:36 pm    Post subject:

Jack's Room wrote:
The one thing no one's really mentioning about Garland: he's the son of a former NBA player, Winston Garland. I have a soft spot for NBA legacy players. Perhaps it's a combination of genetics, coaching, and an ability to adjust to the NBA lifestyle.

Some current sons of former players: Devin Booker, Klay Thompson, Steph/Seth Curry, Al Horford, Jae Crowder, Ed Davis, Jaren Jackson Jr., Kevin Love, Wesley Matthews, Larry Nance Jr., Damontis Sabonis, etc.

It's been mentioned several pages ago.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 3:38 pm    Post subject:

Kobe was ok I guess
Jack's Room
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 3:41 pm    Post subject:

LKA wrote:
lakerfanaticPT wrote:
Jack's Room wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:
LKA wrote:
I don't want Culver anywhere near this team

Take that 68% freethrow somewhere else. I'm tired of watching brick layers. Simple.

I like Culver, During one interview he said he patterned his game after Kobe because he was his favorite player.

His shot isn't really that bad and his overall game looks nba ready

pretty good measurements too:
Height: 6'6 3/4 || Weight: 194 lbs. || Wingspan: 6'9 1/2 || Standing Reach: 8'4 1/2 || Body Fat %: 5.0

If you like Culver because of the Kobe comment, you're going to love Miye Oni. Grew up in the valley, idolized Kobe, and wore #24 at Yale.

So why isn't he rated higher in the draft. Looks like a great athlete in the mold of a Kobe clone shooting mechanics size with great hops. I know it's a highlight video so I don't see the weaknesses but he looks like a nice 2nd round pick up. Back up Hart

He's playing against bums in high school sized gyms

So did CJ McCollum. The question is whether that skill can translate against similarly talented players. Oni did well in both combine scrimmage games he played in.

Game 1: 9 points, 1 steal, 1 block, 2 rebounds 3-5 FG, 2-3 3PT, 1-1 FT in 16 minutes.

Game 2: 17 points, 2 blocks, 2 steals, 4 rebounds, 1 assist, 1 turnover, 6-17 FG, 5-11 3PT in 29 minutes.

Again, its a small sample size of what are essentially pick-up games. But the athleticism and shooting is there, and he's got a good head on his shoulders.
LakersForever123
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 3:43 pm    Post subject:

Jack's Room wrote:
LKA wrote:
lakerfanaticPT wrote:
Jack's Room wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:
LKA wrote:
I don't want Culver anywhere near this team

Take that 68% freethrow somewhere else. I'm tired of watching brick layers. Simple.

I like Culver, During one interview he said he patterned his game after Kobe because he was his favorite player.

His shot isn't really that bad and his overall game looks nba ready

pretty good measurements too:
Height: 6'6 3/4 || Weight: 194 lbs. || Wingspan: 6'9 1/2 || Standing Reach: 8'4 1/2 || Body Fat %: 5.0

If you like Culver because of the Kobe comment, you're going to love Miye Oni. Grew up in the valley, idolized Kobe, and wore #24 at Yale.

So why isn't he rated higher in the draft. Looks like a great athlete in the mold of a Kobe clone shooting mechanics size with great hops. I know it's a highlight video so I don't see the weaknesses but he looks like a nice 2nd round pick up. Back up Hart

He's playing against bums in high school sized gyms

So did CJ McCollum. The question is whether that skill can translate against similarly talented players. Oni did well in both combine scrimmage games he played in.

Game 1: 9 points, 1 steal, 1 block, 2 rebounds 3-5 FG, 2-3 3PT, 1-1 FT in 16 minutes.

Game 2: 17 points, 2 blocks, 2 steals, 4 rebounds, 1 assist, 1 turnover, 6-17 FG, 5-11 3PT in 29 minutes.

Again, its a small sample size of what are essentially pick-up games. But the athleticism and shooting is there, and he's got a good head on his shoulders.

Miye Oni's measurements are better the Jarrett Culver.
Jack's Room
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 3:44 pm    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
Jack's Room wrote:

It's been mentioned several pages ago.

I think I've seen more talk on whether he's 6'1 than his NBA pedigree. Meanwhile, there's a photo of Darius standing next to his dad who was listed at 6'2 in his playing days which covers both.
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 3:46 pm    Post subject:

PayasoLoco wrote:
https://mobile.twitter.com/LakersSBN/status/1130239266087419904?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1130239266087419904&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fs9e.github.io%2Fiframe%2Ftwitter.min.html%231130239266087419904

Don’t have the faith in our FO to be this smart. Last year supposedly we promised Robinson who was the right choice then ended up drafting a bum

we drafted a guy that drinks? crap!

BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 3:47 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Kobe was ok I guess

If you’re into that kind of player 🤷‍♂️
av3773
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 3:50 pm    Post subject:

I'm partial to Garland, then hunter and culver....if we keep the pick, i'd be happy to have anyone of three
PlantedTanks
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 3:52 pm    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
epak wrote:
Kobe was ok I guess

Well what son can measure up to a father with a nickname of Jellybean.
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 3:57 pm    Post subject:

PlantedTanks wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
epak wrote:
Kobe was ok I guess

So much tougher than Del.
a2j1m
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 4:05 pm    Post subject:

how we yall feel about Blake Griffin if we dont land Davis or BEal with trading pick 4 for him. Could be a deal where we swap picks and get Griffin. Griffin had an underrated type year and one of his best. I think hes made his game better for himself, hes a better outside shooter and not much a high flyer and its working out for him. Could be a nice % to close games out alongside LEbron, Ingram, Ball and whomever else we look at SG
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 4:08 pm    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
PlantedTanks wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
epak wrote:
Kobe was ok I guess

So much tougher than Del.

Kobe never dunked over Kareem
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 4:13 pm    Post subject:

a2j1m wrote:
how we yall feel about Blake Griffin if we dont land Davis or BEal with trading pick 4 for him. Could be a deal where we swap picks and get Griffin. Griffin had an underrated type year and one of his best. I think hes made his game better for himself, hes a better outside shooter and not much a high flyer and its working out for him. Could be a nice % to close games out alongside LEbron, Ingram, Ball and whomever else we look at SG

Blake Griffin is gonna break down soon, I would stay away from him.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 4:15 pm    Post subject:

a2j1m wrote:

and he will be injured and not playing when it matters most.

I would not get griffin even if they put their pick in it
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 4:19 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
According to multiple league executives, Dunn’s trade value is low to nonexistent. So a direct trade with the Lakers centered on Dunn and the No. 7 pick doesn’t seem feasible. However, the Bulls could be in position to facilitate a three-team deal in which the Lakers acquire Davis from the Pelicans.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/bulls/ct-spt-bulls-point-guard-nba-draft-trade-free-agency-20190518-story.html
LakersForever123
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 4:38 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Quote:
According to multiple league executives, Dunn’s trade value is low to nonexistent. So a direct trade with the Lakers centered on Dunn and the No. 7 pick doesn’t seem feasible. However, the Bulls could be in position to facilitate a three-team deal in which the Lakers acquire Davis from the Pelicans.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/bulls/ct-spt-bulls-point-guard-nba-draft-trade-free-agency-20190518-story.html

Chicago bulls are interested in Lonzo Ball.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 4:41 pm    Post subject:

LakersForever123 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Quote:

They sure were.
But I wonder how LeBron feels about going even younger
Chad09
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 4:45 pm    Post subject:

Garland is with Klutch. That is our guy.
LKA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 4:46 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
LakersForever123 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Quote:

They sure were.

(bleep) LeBron
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 5:06 pm    Post subject:

LKA wrote:
epak wrote:
LakersForever123 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Quote:

They sure were.

(bleep) LeBron

Such a weird stance to have against a player who can help the team win.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 5:09 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Tacko Fall shattered combine records and raised eyebrows as one of the largest men to ever attend the event. At 7'7'' in shoes,

reaching 8'2.5'' from fingertip to fingertip and getting 2.5'' over the rim from a standing position. NBAdraft.net :
LKA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 5:10 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
LKA wrote:
epak wrote:
LakersForever123 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Quote:

They sure were.

(bleep) LeBron

Such a weird stance to have against a player who can help the team win.

I go back and forth on him. Sometimes he's cool to me but realistically speaking we probably shouldn't have signed him
Jack's Room
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 5:10 pm    Post subject:

LKA wrote:
Jack's Room wrote:

Yep and the first son of a former NBA player is usually better than their dad. (Reason why Seth is ... yeah)

On the flip side, Klay Thompson is way better than his older brother Mychel.
LKA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 5:13 pm    Post subject:

^^ Rare exception LOL
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> NBA Draft All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 264, 265, 266 ... 439, 440, 441  Next
Page 265 of 441
Jump to: