Official General 2019 NBA Draft Talk Thread (Lakers Get 46th Pick/Talen Horton-Tucker, Sign Cacok, Norvell, Caroline)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 439, 440, 441  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bard207
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 1:02 pm    Post subject:

One web site has it at 6' 10" and another at 6' 11".
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 1:04 pm    Post subject:

Bard207 wrote:

Oh, if that's the case, he'll be fine.
Bard207
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:05 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
AirTupac wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
That being said, who did Duke play last night? What team was it?

Team in Ontario, Canada. Ryerson. (Not the best school in CIS either)

I'll be really interested to see how top NCAA teams defend him. He's a monster, but doing it against Ryerson is one thing compared to say UNC or Kansas (which he may be able to).

he is so gifted, his lack of length/height and heavy weight will likely not be a big issue in college....even in an elite conference like the ACC.....but I think those issues will be much more difficult to overcome at the next level.

Zion is going to be a mid lottery pick like Randle?
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:30 pm    Post subject:

Bard207 wrote:
Who is the best comparison for Zion?

Or is it better to describe him as a blend of several different players?

Zion Block or Goal Tend

Larry Johnson/Charles Barkley/Julius Randle.

Just absurd body control, center of gravity, feet, elite vertical ability, and this is before we get to the skill set.

It'll be the details that make him a solid NBA player or a star player.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:31 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Bard207 wrote:

Oh, if that's the case, he'll be fine.

Height/wingspan/standing reach of a high end wing player.

Frankly, with athleticism that can intimidate and the potential ability to hold position against anybody in the league, I don't think it'll matter too much.

adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 6:11 pm    Post subject:

Bard207 wrote:
adkindo wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
AirTupac wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

I'll be really interested to see how top NCAA teams defend him. He's a monster, but doing it against Ryerson is one thing compared to say UNC or Kansas (which he may be able to).

he is so gifted, his lack of length/height and heavy weight will likely not be a big issue in college....even in an elite conference like the ACC.....but I think those issues will be much more difficult to overcome at the next level.

my guess is once projections begin to matter (around January), he will likely be in the top 10. Personally, he is one of those guys I would probably have to include in my top 10 right now based on the overall talent, but would not feel comfortable about drafting.....but honestly that would describe most of the guys in the 2019 Top 10 in my opinion based on what we have seen at this point. I think most people have RJ Barrett at #1, but the kid has never shown a consistent jump shot at all.....many have Cam Reddish @ #2 or #3, but his motor always seems to be stuck in 1st gear...Nassir Little has not displayed a consistent jump shot...Romeo Langford has weaknesses....so Zion is not the only imperfect top level prospect, but his physical limitations may be harder to overcome if he is to play the PF position.

I will not be surprised if this year the real value in the draft comes in the #10-#25 range when guys like Jontay Porter, Killian Tillie, DeAndre Hunter and Jarrett Culver likely come off the board.
LakersMD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:39 pm    Post subject:

pokoy wrote:
epak wrote:
Zion's first exhibition game with Duke: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PytyGUI66SA

Does he look a little heavy? He can jump, but I don't know how that weight will translate to the NBA.

I'm sold on Zion. Short for a "big," heavy, yes. But just based on eye test, dude looks like a real pro, man among boys. Upgraded Julius Randle for sure, he has longer arms and looks much more comfortable shooting the jumper. Barkley of the 2000s.

And honestly, I know everyone is the highest on RJ Barrett, but on eye test again, I'd pick Zion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eUaTXOlok98 - RJ Barrett's highlights from same game.

Barrett doesn't seem to have explosiveness. Jumper looks good, is that why he's the top prospect of this year's draft?

Barrett’s jumper is considered his biggest weakness. He’s the top prospect right now based on prototypical size for a wing, natural instincts/vision/feel for the game, 2 way potential, and competitive drive/intangibles and his performances in FIBA competitions on the Canadian team and the Nike Hoop Summit.

But this draft class is relatively weak up top so things can change over the course of the season. Nassir Little has been turning heads with his two way potential and better athleticism.
Bard207
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 5:15 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Bard207 wrote:
adkindo wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
AirTupac wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

my guess is once projections begin to matter (around January), he will likely be in the top 10. Personally, he is one of those guys I would probably have to include in my top 10 right now based on the overall talent, but would not feel comfortable about drafting.....but honestly that would describe most of the guys in the 2019 Top 10 in my opinion based on what we have seen at this point. I think most people have RJ Barrett at #1, but the kid has never shown a consistent jump shot at all.....many have Cam Reddish @ #2 or #3, but his motor always seems to be stuck in 1st gear...Nassir Little has not displayed a consistent jump shot...Romeo Langford has weaknesses....so Zion is not the only imperfect top level prospect, but his physical limitations may be harder to overcome if he is to play the PF position.

I will not be surprised if this year the real value in the draft comes in the #10-#25 range when guys like Jontay Porter, Killian Tillie, DeAndre Hunter and Jarrett Culver likely come off the board.

Do you have some unknowns - sleepers that can work their way into the first round?
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 6:20 am    Post subject:

Traded First Round Picks For 2019 NBA Draft

Quote:
The 2019 NBA draft is over 10 months away, but several teams have already traded their first round picks for that night, and more clubs are likely to do so before this season’s trade deadline.

https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2018/08/traded-first-round-picks-for-2019-nba-draft.html
cyborgspider
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:37 am    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
Traded First Round Picks For 2019 NBA Draft

Quote:
The 2019 NBA draft is over 10 months away, but several teams have already traded their first round picks for that night, and more clubs are likely to do so before this season’s trade deadline.

https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2018/08/traded-first-round-picks-for-2019-nba-draft.html

Praying for the Kings to not suck SO BADLY as to give the Celts a top 5 pick. But for all the media praise heaped upon Boston for having FOUR PICKS (!!!! OMG DANNY AINGE IS GOD !!!), it's likely the Clips won't convey. I'm predicting the bottom falls out of Memphis and they keep their pick as well (or make the playoffs and reduce the value of it).

Their own pick with be #29 or #30 more than likely. So "Go Kings Go", screw Boston. Still mind-boggling what the Kings got in return for dumping this pick.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 12:54 am    Post subject:

Bard207 wrote:
adkindo wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
AirTupac wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

I think Zion goes top 3. Coach K will let Zion play point forward a bit, Cal didn't do that with Randle, and that's why people were comparing Randle to Zach Randolph when they're very different.

Zion gets to play point forward so you'll probably hear lazy "LeBron" comparisons eventually. But he should go top 3 if he remains healthy.

It's RJ Barrett however that I consider the more special of the two at the next level and in general

adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:01 am    Post subject:

Bard207 wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Bard207 wrote:
adkindo wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
AirTupac wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Do you have some unknowns - sleepers that can work their way into the first round?

that is an interesting question....I guess usually by the time I learn about 99% of players, they probably are beyond the sleeper phase. I would guess few have the guy I mentioned on Page 1, Dylan Windler (Belmont) currently in the 1st round, and I am confident he can move into the 1st. A couple big guys that did not play last season that I have a mild interest in seeing how they play this season is Austin Wiley (Auburn) and Chase Jeter (Arizona). A pair of Big 12 PG's that are probably not considered 1st round players right now that I think could jump up the boards are Barry Brown (Kansas State) and Lindell Wigginton (Iowa State). Also want to see how some guys like John Petty (Alabama), Jalen Hudson (Florida), Zach Norvell (Gonzaga), Jalen McDaniels (San Diego State), Jon Elmore (Marshall), and Dedric Lawson (Kansas)....guys that I doubt are currently projected to be 1st Rounders on many lists.
al242
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 1:50 pm    Post subject:

I know we are done with tanking, but if we didn’t have Lebron, I’m all in on tanking for Zion Williamson
LakersMD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:20 pm    Post subject:

I understand the criticisms of Williamson’s weight and shooting but the combination of quickness, handle and explosiveness at his height/weight is so unique. His first step off the dribble and his second jump are off the charts. So fun to watch.
matrixskillz
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:29 pm    Post subject:

Zion will go #1. Freakiest athlete since LeBron.

"I GOT WHEATIES!"
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 7:37 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
Bard207 wrote:
Who is the best comparison for Zion?

Or is it better to describe him as a blend of several different players?

Zion Block or Goal Tend

Larry Johnson/Charles Barkley/Julius Randle.

Just absurd body control, center of gravity, feet, elite vertical ability, and this is before we get to the skill set.

It'll be the details that make him a solid NBA player or a star player.

Hefty Michael Jordan
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 7:50 pm    Post subject:

LakersMD wrote:
I understand the criticisms of Williamson’s weight and shooting but the combination of quickness, handle and explosiveness at his height/weight is so unique. His first step off the dribble and his second jump are off the charts. So fun to watch.

will not be surprised if he becomes the Trae Young of this season....as in the "must watch" player for fans.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:39 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Bard207 wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Bard207 wrote:
adkindo wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
AirTupac wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

that is an interesting question....I guess usually by the time I learn about 99% of players, they probably are beyond the sleeper phase. I would guess few have the guy I mentioned on Page 1, Dylan Windler (Belmont) currently in the 1st round, and I am confident he can move into the 1st. A couple big guys that did not play last season that I have a mild interest in seeing how they play this season is Austin Wiley (Auburn) and Chase Jeter (Arizona). A pair of Big 12 PG's that are probably not considered 1st round players right now that I think could jump up the boards are Barry Brown (Kansas State) and Lindell Wigginton (Iowa State). Also want to see how some guys like John Petty (Alabama), Jalen Hudson (Florida), Zach Norvell (Gonzaga), Jalen McDaniels (San Diego State), Jon Elmore (Marshall), and Dedric Lawson (Kansas)....guys that I doubt are currently projected to be 1st Rounders on many lists.

And throw in Michael Weathers who's now eligible after transferring to OkieSt.
Fan0Bynum17
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:11 pm    Post subject:

I want Jontay Porter. I don't care how we need to do it.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 6:08 am    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:

I do not know much about him....the Miami Ohio transfer?
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 8:12 am    Post subject:

Fan0Bynum17 wrote:
I want Jontay Porter. I don't care how we need to do it.

He's going lottery, and I hate it.

Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 8:40 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:

I do not know much about him....the Miami Ohio transfer?

Yep, inefficient as a freshman, but a total stat sheet stuffer: sports ref link.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 7:56 am    Post subject:

So anybody still think we trading our pick now?
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 10:53 am    Post subject:

Sweet. No more dealing with Deng. Now we can use the pick for a mid season trade if need be without worrying about packaging Deng now.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 1:15 pm    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
So anybody still think we trading our pick now?

maybe to get Kawhi at trade deadline if Raptors feel he is leaving, and we feel it benefits us to get him before offseason
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> NBA Draft All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 439, 440, 441  Next
Page 3 of 441
Jump to: