Official General 2019 NBA Draft Talk Thread (Lakers Get 46th Pick/Talen Horton-Tucker, Sign Cacok, Norvell, Caroline)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 128, 129, 130 ... 439, 440, 441  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
GameCock-MD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 4:18 am    Post subject:

Jaxson Hayes

Better shot blocker than Gafford and Bruno. He's a freshman. Not as good rebounding as either. Has room to grow.

There are pros and cons to all 3...there isn't a whole lotta difference except both Bruno and Jaxson are better FT shooters and project to develop Stretch 5 potential. Not saying Gafford can't.

If you're looking to take a C in the 10-18 range, I don't think you could go wrong with any of them. I think all 3 would get the job done provided you have an attack guard who can create easy looks at the rim for them.
LAL1947
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 4:28 am    Post subject:

GameCock-MD wrote:

If you like that one, check this one out.

I've been high on Gafford since last year. NBA body and athleticism who plays within himself. Low risk/High floor type of player who belongs in a fast pace system.

Lol, that clip is like all dunks. If people are wanting a Harrell type of high energy player, it could make sense to look at this guy. He seems like a McGee type player... without the focus/motor/health issues... right?

GameCock-MD wrote:
There are pros and cons to all 3...there isn't a whole lotta difference except both Bruno and Jaxson are better FT shooters and project to develop Stretch 5 potential. Not saying Gafford can't.

If you're looking to take a C in the 10-18 range, I don't think you could go wrong with any of them. I think all 3 would get the job done provided you have an attack guard who can create easy looks at the rim for them.

Have their teams played against each other and if yes, how'd they match up?

Last edited by LAL1947 on Thu Apr 18, 2019 4:45 am; edited 2 times in total
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 4:38 am    Post subject:

LAL1947 wrote:
GameCock-MD wrote:

I've been high on Gafford since last year. NBA body and athleticism who plays within himself. Low risk/High floor type of player who belongs in a fast pace system.

Lol, that clip is like all dunks. If people are wanting a Harrell type of impact player, it could make sense to look at this guy. He seems like a McGee type player... without the focus/motor/health issues... right?

GameCock-MD wrote:

Have their teams play against each other and if yes, how'd they match up against each other?

Hayes is more Javale’s height/length. Gafford isn’t as tall or long - McGee’s is a massive dude, his lob radius is way bigger than Gafford’s. And he doesn’t have the strength to win battles how Montrezl does.
He reminds me of a Brandon Wright, played for the Mavs
GameCock-MD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 4:44 am    Post subject:

LAL1947 wrote:
GameCock-MD wrote:

Lol, that clip is like all dunks. If people are wanting a Harrell type of impact player, it could make sense to look at this guy. He seems like a McGee type player... without the focus/motor/health issues... right?

GameCock-MD wrote:

Have their teams play against each other and if yes, how'd they match up against each other?

Like I said, Gafford isn't the type of player you'd build a offense around his skills in the post. He has post moves but that's not the strength of his game. And yes, McGee without the issues.

Not sure if all of them have played each other. At Center with their specific skillsets, head-to--head matchups wouldn't be a good predictor of their potential. All 3 would be best with an attack guard who could create shots for them. NONE of them project to dominant low block, post players.

These are great athletes who can grow into anchors. I wouldn't draft any of them to be the centerpiece of an offense.

If I had to guess, in a head to head:

Bruno would be the best post player and outside shooter.
Jaxson would have the highest motor and be best shotblocker.
Gafford would be the most exciting/infectious energy.

Otherwise, it would be tough to project who'd come out on top individually. It would depend on which had the better lead guard play creating for them.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:03 am    Post subject:

a2j1m wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
I think Norvell and Tillie stay. Markus Howard too. Schofield, I'm out on.

yeah, Markus Howard already announced he is returning to school

as a marquette fan im stooked. he made the right decision. Marquette is ranked 2nd in the too early rankings and thats prob the reason. i didnt know he was staying til this comment and now that ranking makes sense. Hes going to have a hell of a year and may jump from a 2nd rd pick to a possible lottery.

did you see the bad news? When Howard announced he was leaving, the Hauser brothers immediately announced they were both transferring. Before their announcement, CBS had Marquette in the Top 5 of the Top25+1.....after the announcement, Marquette was no longer ranked.
LAL1947
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:26 am    Post subject:

What's in a name?

Did you guys know there's someone named Admiral Schofield in the draft? Admiral! I kid you not. I wonder if his siblings are named Private Schofield, Lieutenant Schofield, Captain Schofield, etc. Perhaps, something to consider for anyone planning to start their own lil private navy/army.

https://www.nbadraft.net/players/admiral-schofield
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:36 am    Post subject:

I doubt Jaxson is even on the board by the time the Lakers draft.
a2j1m
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:01 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
a2j1m wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
I think Norvell and Tillie stay. Markus Howard too. Schofield, I'm out on.

yeah, Markus Howard already announced he is returning to school

as a marquette fan im stooked. he made the right decision. Marquette is ranked 2nd in the too early rankings and thats prob the reason. i didnt know he was staying til this comment and now that ranking makes sense. Hes going to have a hell of a year and may jump from a 2nd rd pick to a possible lottery.

did you see the bad news? When Howard announced he was leaving, the Hauser brothers immediately announced they were both transferring. Before their announcement, CBS had Marquette in the Top 5 of the Top25+1.....after the announcement, Marquette was no longer ranked.

oh wow i didbnt know that. that really sucks its been awhile since weve been relevant. at least 15 years or so. I still think we will end up top 25 because Howard will be an all team selection most likely
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:13 am    Post subject:

LAL1947 wrote:
What's in a name?

Did you guys know there's someone named Admiral Schofield in the draft? Admiral! I kid you not. I wonder if his siblings are named Private Schofield, Lieutenant Schofield, Captain Schofield, etc. Perhaps, something to consider for anyone planning to start their own lil private navy/army.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frank_Herman_Schofield
PayasoLoco
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:14 am    Post subject:

audioaxes wrote:
I doubt Jaxson is even on the board by the time the Lakers draft.

Ya weak big draft hell be gonne way before our pick
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:20 am    Post subject:

LAL1947 wrote:
What's in a name?

He does actually have a brother named General. He has another brother named O'Brien who played in the NFL for several years and was with Seattle when they won Super Bowl XLVIII.
DLaker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 3:40 pm    Post subject:

Have not kept up with the draft this year. Aside for Zion who is going #1 is there a lottery draft number where you wont trade a pick this year. (Game changing draft and looks like a sure fire nba star). ie top 3
LAL1947
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 4:34 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
LAL1947 wrote:
What's in a name?

He does actually have a brother named General. He has another brother named O'Brien who played in the NFL for several years and was with Seattle when they won Super Bowl XLVIII.

Lol. They must have been highhhh. Two army/navy officer titles and an Irish last name as first names.
Lakerlover89
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:49 pm    Post subject:

Warming up to the idea of Brandon Clarke if we can't get Hayes. He could give us at least another rim protector.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:12 pm    Post subject:

^^^BVH, this is not necessary.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:16 pm    Post subject:

My 2019 draft dudes:

Zion - I know, I know. But I'm out here thinking the guy looks like jumbo Michael Jordan and getting laughed at for the comparison. Only injury keeps him from being a HOF player, imo, and developing a league average jumper opens up the chance for him to be a top-5 player of all time. I'm going big on Zion Williamson; he's my dude.

Brandon Clarke - I get all the reasons to doubt, especially when worrying about strength to defend in the post, but he has all the signs of a stat-sheet stuffing defender glue guy in the mold of AK-47, the Matrix, Siakam, etc. and is someone who will flat out help your team win. The key with Clarke is his shooting touch and his underrated passing, which makes him a sneakily effective offensive threat even if his jumper never comes around.

Bol Bol - an extreme highlights/lowlights prospect, I think you could write a sound scouting report using the same limited video and come to two different conclusions about the same plays. One of the most fascinatingly polarizing high end prospects in recent years (maybe only Lonzo was comparably polarizing), I'm betting on what I see as developing fluidity and ball-handling skill, an underrated feel for the game, and his potentially elite shooting touch in a 7'2 lob threat C frame to have special upside to go with his scarily low floor.

Honorable mention: Jontay Porter, Matisse Thybulle, Josh Reaves, Ty Jerome, Justin Robinson.

Who are your 2019 draft dudes?
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:17 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:

I would've gone with "69" tbh.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:20 pm    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
adkindo wrote:

I would've gone with "69" tbh.

adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:30 pm    Post subject:

Who are your 2019 draft dudes?

going to assume for the most part, ones dude are guys they are higher on than the consensus....

KZ Okpala
Dylan Windler
Carsen Edwards
Shamorie Ponds
Jalen McDaniels

I really do not feel like I have a greater appreciation for the guys in the lottery compared to what most others think....maybe PJ Washington. I would trade our pick to grab 3 of the guys on my list in a heartbeat.....probably need a late 1st....early 2nd....and mid 2nd.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:31 pm    Post subject:

So Kevin Porter, Jr. posted a 2.9 BPM as a freshman this season.

Here are some other 1.0-3.0 BPM freshman seasons over the past nine years for comparison: Sports-Reference

Notice anything?
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:34 pm    Post subject:

Here are some other 1.0-3.0 BPM freshman seasons over the past nine years for comparison: Sports-Reference

Notice anything?

For comparison: Link
Lakerlover89
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:35 pm    Post subject:

My 2019 draft dudes:
1. Bol Bol (Upside is tremendous if healthy)
2. Jaxson Hayes
3. Coby White
4. Brandon Clarke
5. Darius Garland
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:36 pm    Post subject:

Notice anything?

that list is huge....is there a pattern you see?
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:37 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:

Notice anything?

that list is huge....is there a pattern you see?

No one worth drafting in the lottery of any draft over the past 8-9 years.
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:39 pm    Post subject:

Notice anything?

For comparison: Link

Nobody good is on that list?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> NBA Draft All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 128, 129, 130 ... 439, 440, 441  Next
Page 129 of 441
Jump to: