Official General 2019 NBA Draft Talk Thread (Lakers Get 46th Pick/Talen Horton-Tucker, Sign Cacok, Norvell, Caroline)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 433, 434, 435 ... 439, 440, 441  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Villain6Activated
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:00 pm    Post subject:

realking24 wrote:
epak wrote:
PartyMan wrote:
818fan wrote:
Anybody know who this guy is?

One of those undersized rebounders.

4 year senior hit 100% from 3 last year

NOooooiiiiccce, we need shooters lol

he was 1 for 1
Staccatos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:00 pm    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
I would've liked to see Kupchak take a bigger swing on upside talent, though.

That is/was Kupchak's fatal flaw. He rarely rolled the dice, preferring nice and safe moves.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:05 pm    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/LifeOfABruin/status/1141950086915612672?s=20
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:08 pm    Post subject:

1ngr4m wrote:
realking24 wrote:
epak wrote:
PartyMan wrote:
818fan wrote:

he was 1 for 1

PartyMan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:09 pm    Post subject:

1ngr4m wrote:
818fan wrote:

anybody know wtf an exhibit 10 contract is

If cut they can pay him more to stay on the d leaugue team.
realking24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:16 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
1ngr4m wrote:
realking24 wrote:
epak wrote:
PartyMan wrote:
818fan wrote:

he was 1 for 1

Yes lol that’s why I’m laughing 😝
satria
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:30 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
BVH....I think THT and Dort is the perfect example of the differences in the type of guys we prefer.
.com

just saw 30mins of THT and Dort s highlights..
Dort looks like a poor man s Marcus smart without the handles, lacks ballhandling, vision, lenght, don't like his stroke also doesn't seem to have the soft touch, he just seems to rely on his strength and athleticism.

THT reminds me of kwahi more than bonzi. he s got lenght, knows how to shield off the defenders while attacking the rim. i feel THT has PG handles, has very good vision, good stroke, seems to have a nice Stepback already. Can drive, midrange ,pass, and eventually develop 3 point range. he seems to have a soft touch and a smooth shooting form, doesn t even need to use his strength or athleticism to get separation from his defenders while attacking the rim. seems to be under control just smooth and highly skilled. His ballhandling, lenght, and his overall smoothness of the game really jumped out at me..
Defensively i think he has the chance to have a HUGE impact.

from the couple of tapes i saw of him from his senior year in high school to his freshman year in Iowa st., his ballhandling as well as his overall game seemed to have improved alot. this is the 1st time where a prospects 1st year in college looked better than his senior year in high school for me. usually do to easier competition in high school.

only saw 30mins of highlight tape so of course I could be wrong lol. but if I'm the LAL i d hire a personal trainer for THT to work on toning his body and gaining explosion and core strength, and get him crap load of repetition on that jump shot.

btw I would of taken culver with the 4th pick, and from the few tapes I 've seen on both of them i feel THT has higher ceiling than culver. now flame away lol
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:34 pm    Post subject:

THT has the same length hands as Kawhi, which is probably like 80th%tile; but Kawhi has outlier width, 1.5" wider.
DeeAgeaux
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:38 pm    Post subject:

Bill Oram: Talen Horton-Tucker says he did not work out for Lakers and did not meet with them at Combine. He has, however, met a couple other players represented by Klutch Sports: LeBron James and Anthony Davis.

This is not to suggest Lakers had not scouted Horton-Tucker at all. Rob Pelinka saw him at Klutch’s pro day and Lakers scouts also saw him play in college.

https://twitter.com/billoram
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:42 pm    Post subject:

This mostly makes up for the aborted 2018 draft.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:47 pm    Post subject:

Yep agreed
realking24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:52 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

Yep agreed

Right!
eureca
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 1:20 am    Post subject:

Quote:
The draft rights to Bol Bol and a Swap 2022 2nd round picks were acquired by the Denver Nuggets from the Miami Heat in exchange for: cash.

So Denver got a 2nd rounder(44) two spots ahead of us for just cash? AND they get to swap 2nd rounders with Miami in 2022 if they want to?

Lakers had to give up and 2nd and cash for the 46th pick.
pmacla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 5:04 am    Post subject:

NBA does alot right, but the draft isnt one of them, move it after Free Agency and move back Summer League these guys putting on hats for teams they will never play for and the announcers not knowing who is really picking is just an embarassment
hydrohead
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 5:10 am    Post subject:

Arye Abraham
@arye_abraham
·
9h
Sources: I’m told the Lakers purchased the 46th pick aimed to select Bol Bol, who just got selected.

Thanks Riles....
alleyoop
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 5:12 am    Post subject:

hydrohead wrote:
Arye Abraham
@arye_abraham
·
9h
Sources: I’m told the Lakers purchased the 46th pick aimed to select Bol Bol, who just got selected.

Thanks Riles....

Would've loved him, but I'm happy with THT. Denver got a good one, can see him developing into something special in that system
Black20Ice
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 5:16 am    Post subject:

Tacko Fall NBA Draft: Reason UCF Center Went Undrafted

Quote:
“He’s a fantastic kid on and off the court. I think he’d be a unicorn because he’s 7’6 but not only that though. Let me give him some credit. He’s terrific, agile around the basket, he’s totally better than what people think. He’s a big guy, but he’s very lean guy. Terrific touch around the basketball. I know some people would say that’s that cliché but he can actually shot the ball, pass, and rebound.”

Quote:
Bleacher Report noted that Fall, measured at 7’7″ in shoes at the NBA Draft Combine and had a wingspan of 8’2½”, setting a record for both.

This alone might’ve been a lottery pick a few decades ago, but there are now questions about how he will fit in with the speed of the current NBA.

“The only thing that I have with him is if he can keep up with the pace of the NBA game because it’s so fast,’” Rashad Phillips told Scoop B Radio.

“It goes 0 to 60. For a guy that’s long, 7’6 180-90 IBS can he go off that quick 0 to 60 in a flash. Maybe he can check those boxes off the list if given the opportunity.”

https://heavy.com/sports/2019/06/undrafted-tacko-fall-ucf-nba-draft/
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 5:20 am    Post subject:

Quote:

Shams Charania
@ShamsCharania
·
2m
Undrafted Gonzaga guard Zach Norvell has agreed to a two-way NBA contract with the Los Angeles Lakers, league sources tell
@TheAthleticNBA

@Stadium

Lefty. Seems to have NBA range 3ball and shot 37% from 3. Crafty around the rim. I wonder why he wasn't at the combines. Bad measurements?

Last edited by epak on Fri Jun 21, 2019 5:27 am; edited 1 time in total
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 5:21 am    Post subject:

A few brief, early post-draft thoughts:

Losers:

Wizards - traded for Bobby Portis who they'll no doubt feel compelled to re-sign then drafted chunky Bobby Portis in Rui Hachimura and then traded for Admiral Schofield (or Semi Ojeleye without defense) so they can go three deep on backup blackhole PFs who don't defend or pass.

Suns - one of the worst drafts I can think of in recent years and I don't dislike Saric, Johnson, or Jerome in a vacuum. But the Suns hemorrhaged draft assets to move a productive Warren and draft two athletically limited older prospects - both guys are older than Devin Booker - on guaranteed deals and earned the right to overpay Saric next summer.

Atlanta - the Hawks draft night wasn't disastrous, but they overpaid for and overdrafted two limited upside forwards in the top 10. The trade for Fernando may have been their best move of the night, but was also unnecessarily rich when they could've been patient and taken a better center at #8/10/17.

Spurs - Samanic and Johnson are fine, but underwhelming rotation caliber players to add to a mediocrity treadmill team that should've traded Kawhi to the Lakers and started to rebuild a year ago.

Winners:

Pelicans - clear top winners if they had drafted no one but Zion, but leveraging the Hawks overpay for Hayes and NAW was the well-executed flaming citrus to accent David Griffin's whiskey (bleep). Given how the draft shook out I had other players higher than NAW, but before the draft getting NAW at #17 would've been fine value on my board.

Grizzlies - I have deep concerns about Morant's shooting upside, but he's a young guy you can build your offense around while hoping for his shot to come. Getting Brandon Clarke at #21 was a master stroke both for pick value and fit - Memphis has two potential future DPOY candidates to protect Morant for the next 7-10 years.

Timberwolves - Saric on an expiring deal was worth sacrificing to move up for Culver who has the potential to bring a much-needed all-around game to a Minnesota team burdened by Wiggins' overpaid stagnation.

Pacers - added a productive bench scorer in Warren and three future 2nd round picks for cap space then drafted Bitadze - a top-10 talent and #2 center in this draft - at #18 allowing them to move on from Myles Turner while re-signing Sabonis. A quietly good night for Indiana.

Nuggets - they drafted my #2 upside pick at #44 for the cost of a future 2nd. Bol won't be able to ever start next to Jokic, but he's an incredible value play on a team that seems willing to draft smart risks with injury histories and let them develop. Bol is a big boom-bust player who the NBA (incorrectly) saw as having little boom to a lot of bust, but who I think will pay huge dividends for the Nuggets in time.

Lakers - for the cost of a future 2nd and cash they drafted my #15 prospect in THT at #46. Where they could've easily gone conservative, the front office instead took a big swing on one of the few young players in this draft with both two-way potential and initiatior upside.

Drafts I like but that are TBD:

Hornets - nothing sexy, but PJ Washington, Cody Martin, and Jalen McDaniels should all be productive NBA rotation players. I would've liked to see Kupchak take a bigger swing on upside talent, though.

Sixers - another low upside duo, but Thybulle and Shayock can both be rotation players for them next season.

Boston - big losers in the grand scheme of life, the Celtics managed to salvage two future productive winning players in Williams and Edwards who will probably be traded for Andrew Wiggins. Langford's a passable gamble, but there were better high upside picks on the board.

Cavs - I lean towards them being losers, but the chutzpah to take Garland intrigues me and KPJ is value at #30 even if he's a terrible fit on their current roster.

Good stuff!
Freddie Buckets
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 5:23 am    Post subject:

hydrohead wrote:
Arye Abraham
@arye_abraham
·
9h

Thanks Riles....

People need to stop posting this kid lol he has as many sources as me
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 5:24 am    Post subject:

satria wrote:
adkindo wrote:
BVH....I think THT and Dort is the perfect example of the differences in the type of guys we prefer.
.com

Dort looks like a poor man s Marcus smart without the handles, lacks ballhandling, vision, lenght, don't like his stroke also doesn't seem to have the soft touch, he just seems to rely on his strength and athleticism.

THT reminds me of kwahi more than bonzi. he s got lenght, knows how to shield off the defenders while attacking the rim. i feel THT has PG handles, has very good vision, good stroke, seems to have a nice Stepback already. Can drive, midrange ,pass, and eventually develop 3 point range. he seems to have a soft touch and a smooth shooting form, doesn t even need to use his strength or athleticism to get separation from his defenders while attacking the rim. seems to be under control just smooth and highly skilled. His ballhandling, lenght, and his overall smoothness of the game really jumped out at me..

from the couple of tapes i saw of him from his senior year in high school to his freshman year in Iowa st., his ballhandling as well as his overall game seemed to have improved alot. this is the 1st time where a prospects 1st year in college looked better than his senior year in high school for me. usually do to easier competition in high school.

only saw 30mins of highlight tape so of course I could be wrong lol. but if I'm the LAL i d hire a personal trainer for THT to work on toning his body and gaining explosion and core strength, and get him crap load of repetition on that jump shot.

btw I would of taken culver with the 4th pick, and from the few tapes I 've seen on both of them i feel THT has higher ceiling than culver. now flame away lol

I'm excited to see what a year of having an NBA team work on his body will look like. Such intriguing clay.
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 5:24 am    Post subject:

PartyMan wrote:
We want Tacko!

I'd give him an invite
Go4thaGold
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 5:29 am    Post subject:

Norvell's a quality depth piece who we know can knock down open 3-pointers after leading the WCC last season in 3-point field goals made.
Go Chargers!
pmacla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 5:30 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
satria wrote:
adkindo wrote:
.com

I'm excited to see what a year of having an NBA team work on his body will look like. Such intriguing clay.

look what our trainer has done to the Kardashian bodies, he can work miracles lol
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 5:39 am    Post subject:

Go4thaGold wrote:
Norvell's a quality depth piece who we know can knock down open 3-pointers after leading the WCC last season in 3-point field goals made.

Yep. 6’6. Love the pick up. Had him 50th on my board
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> NBA Draft All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 433, 434, 435 ... 439, 440, 441  Next
Page 434 of 441
Jump to: