OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 3810, 3811, 3812 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 11:08 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
drae wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
Kawhi in 2years will be out of league

Wouldn't be surprising at all. Shame

Clippers came out ANGRY after their loss to the Pelicans That being said with Williams and Harrell (bad defense) on the court they need to come out angry because they're going to give up a ton of points as well.

101 is a lot of points?

Hawks didn't play the last quarter and a bit, seems like they packed up shop because of the b2b.

But yes, 62 points by half is a lot of points. The Clippers defense, the one that was supposed to be best in the league, is currently ... missing. Or maybe their defense was just always overrated.

Or maybe they've only had their 2nd star back for 2 games? And their other star didn't play in them? (Nor did Beverly, their other marquee defender).

Why are people so quick to diminish the Clippers 13 games into the season? Imagine if Lebron and AD had yet to play a game together and Clipper fans were going "lulz why do people think the Lakers are gonna be so great??"
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 11:12 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
drae wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
drae wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:

Clippers came out ANGRY after their loss to the Pelicans That being said with Williams and Harrell (bad defense) on the court they need to come out angry because they're going to give up a ton of points as well.

101 is a lot of points?

Hawks didn't play the last quarter and a bit, seems like they packed up shop because of the b2b.

But yes, 62 points by half is a lot of points. The Clippers defense, the one that was supposed to be best in the league, is currently ... missing. Or maybe their defense was just always overrated.

Or maybe they've only had their 2nd star back for 2 games? And their other star didn't play in them? (Nor did Beverly, their other marquee defender).

Why are people so quick to diminish the Clippers 13 games into the season? Imagine if Lebron and AD had yet to play a game together and Clipper fans were going "lulz why do people think the Lakers are gonna be so great??"

Yeah, PG and the Clippers looked amazing getting beaten by half a Pelicans team. We put up 69 points at half time before we went to sleep in the 3rd, without an offense installed and with an injured and clearly hampered AD.

People aren't so much diminishing the Clippers as being more realistic about their expectations. They're not the best defensive team, Kawhi won't ever be healthy again, and they're far from unbeatable.
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 11:15 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
drae wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
drae wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:

101 is a lot of points?

Yeah, PG and the Clippers looked amazing getting beaten by half a Pelicans team. We put up 69 points at half time before we went to sleep in the 3rd, without an offense installed and with an injured and clearly hampered AD.

People aren't so much diminishing the Clippers as being more realistic about their expectations. They're not the best defensive team, Kawhi won't ever be healthy again, and they're far from unbeatable.

Yeah, they’re definitely not unbeatable haha
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 11:18 pm    Post subject:

LaLaLakeShow wrote:
drae wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
drae wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
drae wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:

101 is a lot of points?

Parts of the media are treating the Clippers like peak Warriors I mean, the Warriors had 5 all stars and 2 MVPs so they deserved it, but the media are thinking PG and Kawhi are going to sweep all before them by themselves.

Yeah, I think parts of the media are going to be in for a rude shock
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 11:27 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:
LaLaLakeShow wrote:
drae wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
drae wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
drae wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:

101 is a lot of points?

Parts of the media are treating the Clippers like peak Warriors I mean, the Warriors had 5 all stars and 2 MVPs so they deserved it, but the media are thinking PG and Kawhi are going to sweep all before them by themselves.

Yeah, I think parts of the media are going to be in for a rude shock

It’s been one of the most preemptive narratives I can remember hearing
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2019 6:23 am    Post subject:

That Warriors team with KD was far more dangerous than this Clippers team.

It's too dependent on KL's long-term health.
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2019 6:31 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
That Warriors team with KD was far more dangerous than this Clippers team.

It's too dependent on KL's long-term health.

Even with the Clips having a healthy KL and PG, that Warriors team was much more dangerous. Their D may not have been as good as the Clips (although close), but the Warriors outside shooting and scoring ability was superior.
manlisten
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2019 6:53 am    Post subject:

When people say the Clippers haven't played with their full roster yet, why do they act like that's a good thing? That's something that could be a season long issue for them.
It was reminiscent of one of those Most Interesting Man in the World advertisements: "I don't always shoot 6-for-28 from the field, but when I do, I become the youngest player in league history to score 28,000 career points."
LeBronte Jest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:13 am    Post subject:

manlisten wrote:
When people say the Clippers haven't played with their full roster yet, why do they act like that's a good thing? That's something that could be a season long issue for them.

They kinda remind me of the 14-15 Cavs. I saw that starting lineup and knew it was doomed from day 1. Lebron with Kyrie/Love/Varejao. And sure enough, they all went down that year. Beverley/Kawhi/PG give me that same vibe, but part of me is secretly terrified that they'll all be healthy come playoff time, lol. They could easily be down a man or two, though.
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:43 am    Post subject:

LeBronte Jest wrote:
manlisten wrote:

They kinda remind me of the 14-15 Cavs. I saw that starting lineup and knew it was doomed from day 1. Lebron with Kyrie/Love/Varejao. And sure enough, they all went down that year. Beverley/Kawhi/PG give me that same vibe, but part of me is secretly terrified that they'll all be healthy come playoff time, lol. They could easily be down a man or two, though.

even when Kawhi is "healthy" his degenerative leg cant take the toll of the NBA playoffs. He will be slowed down after the first series.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:52 am    Post subject:

audioaxes wrote:
LeBronte Jest wrote:
manlisten wrote:

even when Kawhi is "healthy" his degenerative leg cant take the toll of the NBA playoffs. He will be slowed down after the first series.

Yes, he couldn’t survive the playoffs last season.
Super Mega Team
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:55 am    Post subject:

PayasoLoco wrote:
drae wrote:
Kawhi's out?

Why? :S

Hes gonna be broken down by Conference finals

I recall in the off-season there were indications he won't be load managed as much. He's taking quite a bit of a load [off].

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2854630-clippers-indicate-kawhi-leonards-load-management-wont-be-as-strict-in-2019-20

https://www.google.com/url?q=https://twitter.com/DanWoikeSports/status/1175159960134569984&sa=D&source=hangouts&ust=1574189516444000&usg=AFQjCNHB8ibL6IxVLwUYqIr7XK1SIMOrEQ
Robster8989
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:58 am    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
drae wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
drae wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:

101 is a lot of points?

Amazing isn't it?
In another thread, an LG poster called Kawhi "decent".
Whatever helps you sleep at night I guess.

West Point '88
UCLA '92
75th Ranger Regiment '88-'04
Robster8989
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:59 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
audioaxes wrote:
LeBronte Jest wrote:
manlisten wrote:

Yes, he was clearly broken down by the playoffs!

West Point '88
UCLA '92
75th Ranger Regiment '88-'04
Joe Pesci
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:08 am    Post subject:

The immature and irrational Clipper takes are pathetic around here.

Some of y'all are really grasping for straws.

Why do we care that Leonard takes games off anyway? It's a very common practice in baseball. Why is it any different in basketball?
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:15 am    Post subject:

Joe Pesci wrote:
The immature and irrational Clipper takes are pathetic around here.

Some of y'all are really grasping for straws.

Why do we care that Leonard takes games off anyway? It's a very common practice in baseball. Why is it any different in basketball?

I'll be honest. I'm hoping that they are on the other side of the bracket and another team takes them out.
eddiejonze
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:22 am    Post subject:

The pro Clipper takes are pathetic around here.
Some of you probably need to go be Clipper fans.
I for one think and have always thought, the Clippers are Wack and need to be in Seattle end of story.
and this is coming from a guy who lives in Inglewood and gets Clippers mailers in the mail about the upcoming Clippers arena plans.
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:35 am    Post subject:

eddiejonze wrote:
I for one think and have always thought, the Clippers are Wack and need to be in Seattle end of story.
and this is coming from a guy who lives in Inglewood and gets Clippers mailers in the mail about the upcoming Clippers arena plans.

Clipper fans can go to hell....Lakers baby!
Clippers haven't won a thing.
PG is a puss and riding the KL bandwagon
KL is the weirdest dude ever...

Lakers all the way.
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:40 am    Post subject:

eddiejonze wrote:

They should just go to Anaheim. Closer to Riverside, anyway.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:44 am    Post subject:

KL may be the stud he was in the playoffs last year. Or he may not. What's coming into focus is that perhaps his condition (whatever it may be, quad, knees, etc.) is something that may limit his horizon long-term.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2019 12:13 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
audioaxes wrote:
LeBronte Jest wrote:
manlisten wrote:

Correct. He was limping during the ECFs and the Finals and was clearly limited. Luckily for him the Warriors fell apart.

He won't survive the playoffs this year either. You should prepare yourself for it
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2019 12:16 pm    Post subject:

Robster8989 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
audioaxes wrote:
LeBronte Jest wrote:
manlisten wrote:

Correct take

Luckily for him the Warriors all succumbed to injury and did Kawhi's job for him.

I doubt he'll be so lucky this year though. Too bad so sad for the Clippers
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2019 12:23 pm    Post subject:

its going to be a dog fight for those top 3 slots in the West:

Lakers
Clippers
Jazz
Rockets
Nuggets

If a team is not in the top 3 you are going to be in tough series with the #4 vs #5 seeds.
And while the Lakers have stared off as good as anyone could have hoped for record wise, just one little small slump can have us out of the top 4.
The Lakers really need to make sure that none of these "easy" games up ahead slip away.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2019 12:25 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:
Robster8989 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
audioaxes wrote:
LeBronte Jest wrote:
manlisten wrote:

Correct take

Luckily for him the Warriors all succumbed to injury and did Kawhi's job for him.

I doubt he'll be so lucky this year though. Too bad so sad for the Clippers

The great irony is that the most injury prone of the group (Kawhi) was the last man basically standing. KD out. Klay out.

Healthy Warriors team? Yeah, maybe 6 games, likely 5.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2019 12:30 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

The great irony is that the most injury prone of the group (Kawhi) was the last man basically standing. KD out. Klay out.

What are the odds

It's like the Warriors used up all their luck and the repercussions hit them all in one go. It was a little bit tragic.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 3810, 3811, 3812 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 3811 of 8560
Jump to: