OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2117, 2118, 2119 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LakerMindLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 7:58 am    Post subject:

Bard207 wrote:
Zubolo wrote:
So just to put into context the comment/suggestion regarding Pelicans offloading Solomon Hill to the Hawks, I am guessing the scenario is as follows:

Lakers get: AD
Hawks get: 4th pick, Solomon Hill, Bonga, Jomario (waive)
Pelicans get: 8th pick, 10th pick, Lonzo, Ingram, Hart, future picks, Wagner

I'm not sure why the Pels resist this unless they have a target at #4. They get to offload Solomon Hill, creating additional flexibility. I listen to NBA Radio on Sirius XM and in the past I've heard David Griffin speak pretty highly of Wagner.

Atlanta might want cash and/or a second to dispose of the Bonga and J Jones contracts.

New Orleans might want cash and/or a second to dispose of the Wagner contract.

Schlenk (Atlanta GM) worked in the Golden State FO for years. Griffin (New Orleans) has been in the league for a while. Pelinka has about 28 months as a GM and he is the one that needs the most help.

Or New Orleans might want an extra first round pick, another pick swap and Kuzma.

Depends on how badly Lakers want that max space.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:01 am    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
Also, try to think of what Klutch clients you want, because that's who getting the room exception.

We gave KCP 12 million last year (29 total) for the Lebron Business tax. You think Rich Paul is going to waive AD's trade kicker AND the Business Tax? Lol.

I just hope it's someone like Nerlens and not KCP.

Noel is 1 of the most overrated player on LG like m banks.

So many opportunities so little production. If anything he should get vet min
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Jason Jackson a reporter for Miami says hold on with the Lakers front office criticism. He said it may be coming from a place of jealousy and competition. That other front office want them to look clueless because jealousy and to stop them From getting that third max.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

Sentient Meat wrote:
The entirety of Reddit condemns our approach to the trade while some here sit in blithe ignorance like apartheid South Africa used to sit in its own isolated echo chamber

Wow brother. Need to get some sunshine and a day at the beach. Some dark thoughts emanating...
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:02 am    Post subject:

Zubolo wrote:
Best Case but Realistic Scenario Squad (will keep intermittently posting it into existence):

C - AD, McGee (min), Muscala
F - Kuzma, Taj
F - Lebron, Ariza, Korver
G - Kawhi, Shumpert
G - Collison (or Beverly), Caruso, Rondo

that is not realistic...
the ~4.5mil trade exception that would be left after signing Kawhi is well below Collison's and definitely Bev's market value in a offseason where so many teams have cap space
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:03 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
The entirety of Reddit condemns our approach to the trade while some here sit in blithe ignorance like apartheid South Africa used to sit in its own isolated echo chamber

Wow brother. Need to get some sunshine and a day at the beach. Some dark thoughts emanating...

Or some would say clueless
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

yinoma2001 wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:

I just said I'm praying for a miracle like Kawhi or Kyrie.

Look at Reddit.

I'm only the messenger.
The Brow and the Bron
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

Sentient Meat wrote:

Not that serious😁

WOJ is a (bleep) CUCARACHA
Cockroach
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:04 am    Post subject:

Freddie Buckets wrote:
anth2000 wrote:
logical24 wrote:
Kurt Helin
‏

@basketballtalk
Follow
Follow @basketballtalk

More
Report: Lakers reportedly never asked Anthony Davis about waiving trade kicker

Well if Kurt Helin is reporting it, it must be true. Lol.

Lakers can't even talk to AD yet.

Rich Paul is in the house...no need for a direct call; IMO
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:04 am    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
Also, try to think of what Klutch clients you want, because that's who getting the room exception.

We gave KCP 12 million last year (29 total) for the Lebron Business tax. You think Rich Paul is going to waive AD's trade kicker AND the Business Tax? Lol.

Nope. Elite block rate last year along with great steal rate and good finisher around the rim. Can backup AD or even play with him and give us really good switching. That Room exception is earmarked for a Klutch client and i'd give it to him 1000% over numbskull KCP.
bluehill
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:05 am    Post subject:

clutchkobe wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
JJLakers wrote:
The power of endorsements/commercials off the court in LA, is unmatched, and would make him some decent enough money on the side.

I see this thrown around alot. What's the difference in endorsement money between Kobe in LA and LeBron in Cleveland?

Who besides Shaq and Kobe have made any significant endorsement money in the last 20 years (not counting LeBron's one year here)?

its not about endorsement.....kawhi wants to build a brand....like lebron. (per chris carter) he is not the personality like lebron.....Kawai was this good a basketball player in san antonio.....no one saw him. He was on the big stage because of the warriors and he looked good......but he will not make the same amount of money he would make surrounded by lebron and AD. Kawai will show playing next to lebron he is the best basketball player.....it will be no doubt. He will do well in toronto but he wont be an international star that he can be in los angeles. He could own china and the asian market.
The lakers have a brand like no other team....the lakers and the knicks.....totally different than toronto. chris carter indicated that business is what his decision will be about....Now the love of having all those fans in toronto adore you like that.....that might pull him.....we will see. But if its about business, i dont see the clippers or toronto in that mix....it will be the lakers and the knicks.

I don't know what Kawhi is thinking in terms of building a brand, but just looking at his decision to leave Nike, home of LeBron, Kobe, Jordan, and go to New Balance, home of essentially no other bball player of note, suggests that he isn't concerned about exposure or that he wants to be the one to build up a brand.

Not saying he's going to stay, but Kawhi currently has that in Toronto. He's the one that put the Raptors on the map as a franchise and he did it without another superstar. If he stays and they win another one, IMO he will get more exposure than he will as part of a superteam that is expected to win.
The Brow and the Bron
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

deal wrote:
Freddie Buckets wrote:
anth2000 wrote:
logical24 wrote:
Kurt Helin
‏

@basketballtalk
Follow
Follow @basketballtalk

More
Report: Lakers reportedly never asked Anthony Davis about waiving trade kicker

Well if Kurt Helin is reporting it, it must be true. Lol.

Lakers can't even talk to AD yet.

Rich Paul is in the house...no need for a direct call; IMO

Cockroach
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

Car54 wrote:
Jason Jackson a reporter for Miami says hold on with the Lakers front office criticism. He said it may be coming from a place of jealousy and competition. That other front office want them to look clueless because jealousy and to stop them From getting that third max.

Ah, a Miami beat reporter says. We can ignore the entire local and national media. Thank you Jason Whoever.
TheBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player

@pjiddy Nerlens would be a perfect signing for us, assuming Mcgee ain't coming back for cheap. We need someone who can provide some filler minutes at center to save AD, and maybe even be that token starter - play the rim runner/shot-blocker role. And he's still young, has so much potential to be more than just a shot-blocker defensively, and could grow more here, if he can just figure out a way to stay on the floor.

He's underrated for sure, which is why he might come cheap. Rich Paul better be doing work on that front.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:08 am    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:

Look at Reddit.

I'm only the messenger.

It's only basketball man...
The Brow and the Bron
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

At the end of the day we still have 16 count them 16 chips already to love and adore.
If the next dynasty is being built let's go, if not I still have my bottle of patron chilled in the freezer. Either way the 🌞 will come out tomorrow, whether it's in so.cal or South AfricaπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Cockroach
BLF2145
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

pjiddy wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
pjiddy wrote:

Nope. Elite block rate last year along with great steal rate and good finisher around the rim. Can backup AD or even play with him and give us really good switching. That Room exception is earmarked for a Klutch client and i'd give it to him 1000% over numbskull KCP.

KCP is not signing for that anyways. But KCP fits better right now with this roster assuming they could get at large of a discount because he a NBA starting guard. Not saying an all-Star but a starter none the less in this league. Right Now we have ZERO guards. If For whatever reason it came down to either KCP or Noel (it won’t), but if for some odd reason they were same price, it’s a no brainer to sign KCP. Hell even Bullock or Mike M gets the nod over Noel.
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:09 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:

Sunshine !! Good thought. I'm going to go clean the pool, that should relax
me for a while...
Bard207
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:10 am    Post subject:

LakerMindLA wrote:
Bard207 wrote:
Zubolo wrote:
So just to put into context the comment/suggestion regarding Pelicans offloading Solomon Hill to the Hawks, I am guessing the scenario is as follows:

Lakers get: AD
Hawks get: 4th pick, Solomon Hill, Bonga, Jomario (waive)
Pelicans get: 8th pick, 10th pick, Lonzo, Ingram, Hart, future picks, Wagner

I'm not sure why the Pels resist this unless they have a target at #4. They get to offload Solomon Hill, creating additional flexibility. I listen to NBA Radio on Sirius XM and in the past I've heard David Griffin speak pretty highly of Wagner.

Atlanta might want cash and/or a second to dispose of the Bonga and J Jones contracts.

New Orleans might want cash and/or a second to dispose of the Wagner contract.

Schlenk (Atlanta GM) worked in the Golden State FO for years. Griffin (New Orleans) has been in the league for a while. Pelinka has about 28 months as a GM and he is the one that needs the most help.

Or New Orleans might want an extra first round pick, another pick swap and Kuzma.

Depends on how badly Lakers want that max space.

Possible, but then Griffin would start edging into Ainge territory as being a blood thirsty GM.
RCS926
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

epak wrote:
https://mobile.twitter.com/DLord_DBdotcom/status/1141619841511645185
https://mobile.twitter.com/LarryCoon/status/1141729298711138304

Potential trade amendment thread.
Hopefully Emplay and Coon are wrong about what they are hearing.

Lord is the guy that set all this in motion a couple of days ago with his article. It's interesting that he's sticking to his guns with regards to the idea that the Lakers were always aware of their cap situation and have plans in place to add a 3rd max FA should one agree to sign with them.

I've mentioned it before, but it's no coincidence that the media was running with the idea that the Lakers only had $24M in cap room to play with UNTIL Lord's article came out. I'm positive that none of the mainstream guys knew that the Lakers basically already had max cap space and just needed to find a 3rd team to add to the AD trade to make salaries match. Again, it isn't a coincidence that all these mainstream reporters changed their tune AFTER Lord's article came out.

I encourage you guys to check out Lord's tweets. He debunks a lot of the stuff that's being thrown out there.
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

audioaxes wrote:
Zubolo wrote:
Best Case but Realistic Scenario Squad (will keep intermittently posting it into existence):

C - AD, McGee (min), Muscala
F - Kuzma, Taj
F - Lebron, Ariza, Korver
G - Kawhi, Shumpert
G - Collison (or Beverly), Caruso, Rondo

that is not realistic...
the ~4.5mil trade exception that would be left after signing Kawhi is well below Collison's and definitely Bev's market value in a offseason where so many teams have cap space

I like this a lot. Remember Collison is 31...he may take less to start here. What other team would pay him over 4.5 to come off the bench? Most teams have a starting PG...something to think about.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:11 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:

Look at Reddit.

I'm only the messenger.

It's only an analogy man... never said the two situations were equal

Only that this region resembles an echo chamber.

Meanwhile I hope against all logic that we still land the 3rd elite.

It's cloudy so I can't do anything about that and I live on a hill with a view of the ocean so going to the beach wouldn't do me any good either.

I want us to get the agent... all I said is that all of reddit thinks we botched the trade.
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:13 am    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:

Look at Reddit.

I'm only the messenger.

Reddit is nothing but an echo chamber by design. More often than not, the voice of reason gets downvoted to oblivion and no one sees it.
RCS926
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:14 am    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:

Look at Reddit.

I'm only the messenger.

It's only an analogy man... never said the two situations were equal

Only that this region resembles an echo chamber.

Meanwhile I hope against all logic that we still land the 3rd elite.

It's cloudy so I can't do anything about that and I live on a hill with a view of the ocean so going to the beach wouldn't do me any good either.

I want us to get the agent... all I said is that all of reddit thinks we botched the trade.

If everyone on Reddit is crapping on this trade, wouldn't that forum be an echo chamber as well? Just saying...
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:15 am    Post subject:

TheBlackMamba wrote:
@pjiddy Nerlens would be a perfect signing for us, assuming Mcgee ain't coming back for cheap. We need someone who can provide some filler minutes at center to save AD, and maybe even be that token starter - play the rim runner/shot-blocker role. And he's still young, has so much potential to be more than just a shot-blocker defensively, and could grow more here, if he can just figure out a way to stay on the floor.

He's underrated for sure, which is why he might come cheap. Rich Paul better be doing work on that front.

Only problem is, Nerlens kind of sucks....really bad, sucks.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2117, 2118, 2119 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 2118 of 8560
Jump to: