OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 138, 139, 140 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:03 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
saetarubia wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
noahp45 wrote:
Isn't this the "Free agency and trade thread" Why are people crying about players that belong to other teams?

Julius will be a free agent next summer.

He has a player option, don’t think he has any plans to leave the Pelicans as he and AD can turn into a very nice duo.

Depends on the offers he gets. He's on 9 M a season. He'd easily decline the player option if he gets 12 M+ for example.

Which team with cap space next summer will give him what he wants? If I was him I would stay with the Pelicans, assuming there are whispers that AD is gonna stay there, they will be a good team year after year, unless he just wants to cash in with whoever offers him money.

He may not be happy with a 6th man role.

The most he can get from the Pels in a new deal is starting at 10.8m (120% of his 9m deal) as a non-Bird FA.

He can probably get 11-12m on the market which is more than what the Pels likely have to offer.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:08 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
saetarubia wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
noahp45 wrote:
Isn't this the "Free agency and trade thread" Why are people crying about players that belong to other teams?

He has a player option, don’t think he has any plans to leave the Pelicans as he and AD can turn into a very nice duo.

Depends on the offers he gets. He's on 9 M a season. He'd easily decline the player option if he gets 12 M+ for example.

Which team with cap space next summer will give him what he wants? If I was him I would stay with the Pelicans, assuming there are whispers that AD is gonna stay there, they will be a good team year after year, unless he just wants to cash in with whoever offers him money.

The most he can get from the Pels in a new deal is starting at 10.8m (120% of his 9m deal) as a non-Bird FA.

He can probably get 11-12m on the market which is more than what the Pels likely have to offer.

If he proves to produce consistently he will end up starting
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:10 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
saetarubia wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
noahp45 wrote:

If he proves to produce consistently he will end up starting

If he starts he will want more $ which the Pels can't give.

Mirotic, they have his Bird rights, and his 3 point shooting gives AD a ton of space so I'd imagine they will priotize him over a possible 1 year Jules rental.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:12 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
saetarubia wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
noahp45 wrote:

The only thing I could see is if he has a *wink wink* deal from the Pels in 2020 when they have his early Bird rights, but that's a lot of risk for a guy who already lost a season due to injury and to bet on Davis being in New Orleans long-term.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:14 am    Post subject:

Which teams with cap space can offer him a nice contract next summer assuming his agent doesn’t screw him?
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:19 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
saetarubia wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
noahp45 wrote:

The only thing I could see is if he has a *wink wink* deal from the Pels in 2020 when they have his early Bird rights, but that's a lot of risk for a guy who already lost a season due to injury and to bet on Davis being in New Orleans long-term.

Honestly, I can't see that. Jules is playing for his next big contract and punting that another year (after missing most of his rookie year) is probably not a great idea. Early Bird is 175% of previous salary?
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:24 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Which teams with cap space can offer him a nice contract next summer assuming his agent doesn’t screw him?

https://www.spotrac.com/nba/cap/2019/
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:27 am    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
The year-long competition between Paul George's buyer's remorse and scorned Lakers fans' schadenfreude will be epically pathetic.

Well. He still gets what, $130m?

I think the final laugh will be his.

And he became buddies with Nas, which I'm jealous of.

Both sides need to move on. Having said that, imo the Lakers ditched PG13 as much as he ditched them. It’s pretty obvious to me that Lebron changed the whole dynamic. PG13 wanted LA, but suddenly he didn’t? I think Lebron and company have a master plan and it didn’t involve PG13.

Things, as the kids like to say today, are always fluid.

So in conclusion:
PG13 STFU and Lakers fans STFU

It’s done. Time for a new dance partner for both...

If LeBron changed the whole dynamic that's pretty weird. Our no. 1 target all along was LeBron and we were the favorites to land him.

It was initially PG13, then Lebron talk started.

Around the time Vegas had the Lakers as odds on favorite to get Lebron, the Kawhi, Chris Paul rumors began. Now it’s AD, KD, Lillard...

I would put my money on the Lakers getting someone better than PG13 before next season begins.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:30 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:

https://www.spotrac.com/nba/cap/2019/

Spurs and Pacers seem like a good destination for him if he leaves NO.
Lonzo-Lite
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:37 am    Post subject:

Woj report today sounds more and more like Clippers are the destination that Kwahi may consider leaving Toronto for. Jimmy Butler too, Clippers may get them both next season.

http://apple.co/2vm1oF0
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:40 am    Post subject:

Lonzo-Lite wrote:
Woj report today sounds more and more like Clippers are the destination that Kwahi may consider leaving Toronto for. Jimmy Butler too, Clippers may get them both next season.

Fine. Bring us KD then. Or even Klay.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:40 am    Post subject:

Lonzo-Lite wrote:

That might be the word now but things can change as the year plays out, Paul George was seen as a guy who was bound to come but didn’t, I don’t trust anything that comes right now regarding FA next summer.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:25 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Lonzo-Lite wrote:

Klay's 2019 whereabouts seem as firm as anyone's, and I can't imagine GS lets him leave if Durant walks.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:30 am    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Lonzo-Lite wrote:

Klay's 2019 whereabouts seem as firm as anyone's, and I can't imagine GS lets him leave if Durant walks.

Bear in mind, this time last year, many folks ridiculed the notion that LBJ was coming here and many (including me) thought PG13 was a shoe in.

Fluidity is the name of the FA game.
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:31 am    Post subject:

I was slightly disappointed when PG-13 turned us down and re-upped in OKC. Not shocked but definitely disappointed. I had this gut feeling since mid season that he developed a real bond with Russ and that our chances where slipping.

With all that said once he resigned and had that Nas concert and all that jazz I instantly got over him. An I felt this way even before Lebron signed I was already. TBH I was all in for Demarcus or Deandre Jordan thinking they would be able to help lift up our young bucks (wasn’t at all confident in landing LAbron)

For PG13 to report today he would of been a Laker is just really pissing me off. Just shut the hell up and rot in OKC. I feel like he is just trolling us at this point

aka ILLWiLL20

R.I.P PHIL
The Lebrons
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:43 am    Post subject:

Good to see PG13 keeps talking about how he was hurt we didn't trade for him. Enjoy OKC bud.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:48 am    Post subject:

Nikola Vucevic is nicely driving his price down for the Lakers.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:50 am    Post subject:

The Lebrons wrote:
Good to see PG13 keeps talking about how he was hurt we didn't trade for him. Enjoy OKC bud.

This is just terrible PR from him for a terribly run PR campaign this summer.

He made his choice. Live with it. Stop reminding us how much he wanted to be here when that choice was his to make and he chose WB/meth capital of the world.
PlantedTanks
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:00 pm    Post subject:

Would not mind picking him up.
RG73
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:06 pm    Post subject:

Lonzo-Lite wrote:

It is a little premature to speculate 1 game into the season. So much can happen between now and then and we're talking about two guys who haven't exactly demonstrated a great deal of emotional stability. This won't stop Woj from click baiting everyone all season long with innuendo and hearsay.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:06 pm    Post subject:

PlantedTanks wrote:

Better then Lopez, we should have gotten him instead.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:08 pm    Post subject:

RG73 wrote:
Lonzo-Lite wrote:

It is a little premature to speculate 1 game into the season. So much can happen between now and then and we're talking about two guys who haven't exactly demonstrated a great deal of emotional stability. This won't stop Woj from click baiting everyone all season long with innuendo and hearsay.

Woj’s credibility on FAs went down the tube after he fooled us with George coming here for more then a year.
PlantedTanks
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:10 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
PlantedTanks wrote:

Better then Lopez, we should have gotten him instead.

I believe he is better.
Vanquish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:28 pm    Post subject:

Lonzo-Lite wrote:

Kawhi I can see going to the clippers because he wants to be the man.

Butler, on the other hand wants to win. My guess is teaming up with Lebron James makes it easier for him to win, even if the Clippers get Kawhi. With all due respect to Kawhi, Lebron is simply the better player.

ETA: Got to wait till the regular season to start but Ingram has been impressing me in pre-season. If his trajectory continues, this could be his break out year and that would give us our 3rd star in addition to Lebron + 2nd max FA
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:43 pm    Post subject:

Vanquish wrote:
Lonzo-Lite wrote:

Kawhi I can see going to the clippers because he wants to be the man.

Butler, on the other hand wants to win. My guess is teaming up with Lebron James makes it easier for him to win, even if the Clippers get Kawhi. With all due respect to Kawhi, Lebron is simply the better player.

ETA: Got to wait till the regular season to start but Ingram has been impressing me in pre-season. If his trajectory continues, this could be his break out year and that would give us our 3rd star in addition to Lebron + 2nd max FA

Butler wants to get paid, winning is not top priority
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 138, 139, 140 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 139 of 8560
Jump to: