OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1249, 1250, 1251 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cital
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 8:50 am    Post subject:

3 deals that work for AD after we sign a max free agent (we would need to draft for NO, sign the pick, and then complete the trade 30 days later)

Ball, Ingram, 4th Pick, Future 1st (we keep Kuzma, Hart, Wagner, Bonga)

Ingram, Kuzma, Hart, Wagner, Bonga, 4th Pick, Future 1st (we keep Ball)

Ball, Kuzma, Hart, Wagner, 4 Pick, Future 1st (we keep Ingram and Bonga)

These are the deals I would put on the table and tell NO to take it or leave it...
JustaObserver
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 8:51 am    Post subject:

Why do we want ad? Can’t we raise our own stars or get another player who not going to kill our future...every other team gets players and not get bent over but it seems we have to be the one that entertains this stupidity and fans thinks it’s great until we look stupid for doing it and look like the nets or heat after the Beatles disbanded....then we say welp it’s your fault front office
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 8:53 am    Post subject:

BadGuy wrote:
epak wrote:
NBALakerLegends wrote:
Brian Windhorst getting called out in this article about Zion and his unhappiness with New Orleans. He was the first to mention Pels not dealing with the Lakers. He might need to check his sources.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2019/05/16/would-zion-williamson-return-duke-pelicans-lottery-win-sparks-speculation/

Quote:
Windhorst said that the topic of Williamson’s potential unhappiness with going to the Pelicans — particularly after seeing the New York Knicks and Los Angeles Lakers come agonizingly close to getting the first pick — has been “blowing up my phone since last night.” After suggesting that Williamson “could threaten to go back to Duke,” Windhorst said, “Now, is that the kind of person that Zion is? People that I know who know him say no, that this is not who he is.” Windhorst then added that “it’s a conversation that’s happening in the NBA right now.”

Is this what you're referring to?
Wndys comment seems innocent. Did windy suggest anything like the post said? Or did he just state an option?

Not really an innocent comment when Richard Jefferson called the claim completely bogus during Sportscenter, but Windhorst kept doubling down and saying "this is the player empowerment era." Add the fact that Zion's stepdad just said he has every intention of joining the Pelicans if they draft him and that he is excited to join their franchise, which makes Windhorst sound like a hack: Source.

I'm going off the quote so of course he might have said more. From the quote it seems like going back to Duke is an option. I don't think anyone thought he would. Was windy implying he would?
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 8:54 am    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
LAL1947 wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:

and all AD has to do is say: Thanks but no thanks

Why would he no to a bigger market and if KD + Kyrie are already there? We're wanting him to join a similar team that only has LeBron + an unknown max FA + nobody else. Anyway, I think we might need to stay in the AD sweepstakes, if for nothing else but to keep the other offers high.

I think you meant Rich Paul needs to say "thanks but no thanks"... if he sends AD to join up with KD+Kyrie, KD might end up with more rings than LeBron before LeBron retires.

and u know whose side Rich Paul is on.

Hope they both go to Nets. AD comes here

If he isn’t on AD’s side then he is a fraud
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 8:55 am    Post subject:

JustaObserver wrote:
Why do we want ad? Can’t we raise our own stars or get another player who not going to kill our future...every other team gets players and not get bent over but it seems we have to be the one that entertains this stupidity and fans thinks it’s great until we look stupid for doing it and look like the nets or heat after the Beatles disbanded....then we say welp it’s your fault front office

We don’t need AD. It really is amazing and pathetic what they offered up at the trade deadline.

It’s even more stupid to even call the Pels this offseason.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 8:56 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
audioaxes wrote:
our best angle for getting the AD trade done is if Klutch signs Zion. Just like how the Lakers took care of KCP while trying to court Lebron, the Pelicans would have no other option besides to play nicer with Klutch and AD's demands. Their worst nightmare would be if Klutch angles Zion out of NOLA after his rookie contract.

Also, Silver protected the NOLA market with their next marketable star. I’m not saying it’s AD to the Lakers, just if Pels ownership continues to be difficult with AD trade anywhere then they might not get a gift next time around...

Tell us how Silver did that.
JustaObserver
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 8:58 am    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
AD + Zion front court is like a dream. I don't blame AD if he decided to stay in Naulins.

I hope he stays to protect the lakers against themselves
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 9:00 am    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
AD + Zion front court is like a dream. I don't blame AD if he decided to stay in Naulins.

hardly. They both basically want to play the same position. There is no way AD is going to sit around and let Zion become NOLA's darling while AD become's his stretch 5.
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

I think they keep AD until at least the trade deadline. They should be a pretty good team with AD, Jru, and Zion. Especially on the defensive end.
trablos
Star Player
Star Player

All I know is if Griffin tries to get cute and keep AD through next season, it's gonna completely blow up in his face.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

JustaObserver wrote:

AD is a name, that is why we want him. His play hasn’t translated into winning but we still want to give up the farm for him.
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 9:01 am    Post subject:

audioaxes wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:

hardly. They both basically want to play the same position. There is no way AD is going to sit around and let Zion become NOLA's darling while AD become's his stretch 5.

They play nothing alike.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 9:02 am    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
Okay, maybe the double greater than was too much. Maybe 1.5 greater thans.

I just think he's a better player and way more durable.

He's a better offensive player and more durable to date, yes.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 9:03 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:

AD is a name, that is why we want him. His play hasn’t translated into winning but we still want to give up the farm for him.

yeah i agree with this one.

i dont want to give up the farm for him
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 9:03 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
audioaxes wrote:
our best angle for getting the AD trade done is if Klutch signs Zion. Just like how the Lakers took care of KCP while trying to court Lebron, the Pelicans would have no other option besides to play nicer with Klutch and AD's demands. Their worst nightmare would be if Klutch angles Zion out of NOLA after his rookie contract.

Also, Silver protected the NOLA market with their next marketable star. I’m not saying it’s AD to the Lakers, just if Pels ownership continues to be difficult with AD trade anywhere then they might not get a gift next time around...

Sure, I’ll tell you but first you have to tell me how it’s possible for every team in the NBA except the Lakers to do anything and everything.

For example, every Max FA can sign with any team right? In fact, they can all team up with any team from Golden State to Dallas to Phoenix?

Every team except the Lakers can pull off anything as long as the goalposts keep moving right?
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 9:04 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
BadGuy wrote:
epak wrote:
NBALakerLegends wrote:
Brian Windhorst getting called out in this article about Zion and his unhappiness with New Orleans. He was the first to mention Pels not dealing with the Lakers. He might need to check his sources.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2019/05/16/would-zion-williamson-return-duke-pelicans-lottery-win-sparks-speculation/

Quote:
Windhorst said that the topic of Williamson’s potential unhappiness with going to the Pelicans — particularly after seeing the New York Knicks and Los Angeles Lakers come agonizingly close to getting the first pick — has been “blowing up my phone since last night.” After suggesting that Williamson “could threaten to go back to Duke,” Windhorst said, “Now, is that the kind of person that Zion is? People that I know who know him say no, that this is not who he is.” Windhorst then added that “it’s a conversation that’s happening in the NBA right now.”

Is this what you're referring to?
Wndys comment seems innocent. Did windy suggest anything like the post said? Or did he just state an option?

Not really an innocent comment when Richard Jefferson called the claim completely bogus during Sportscenter, but Windhorst kept doubling down and saying "this is the player empowerment era." Add the fact that Zion's stepdad just said he has every intention of joining the Pelicans if they draft him and that he is excited to join their franchise, which makes Windhorst sound like a hack: Source.

I'm going off the quote so of course he might have said more. From the quote it seems like going back to Duke is an option. I don't think anyone thought he would. Was windy implying he would?

That was the impression I got from watching his ESPN segment. Windhorst seemed very confident that this option was being actively discussed by Zion's team (and not as just a remote/speculative possibility). Not sure if he was trolling or not.
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 9:04 am    Post subject:

LBJ23 wrote:
audioaxes wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:

They play nothing alike.

Yup. AD and Zion is a great front court if I was AD I’d run this season w him and see how it goes. He’s still a FA next yr so it’s a small gamble
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 9:06 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
audioaxes wrote:

Sure, I’ll tell you but first you have to tell me how it’s possible for every team in the NBA except the Lakers to do anything and everything.

For example, every Max FA can sign with any team right? In fact, they can all team up with any team from Golden State to Dallas to Phoenix?

Every team except the Lakers can pull off anything as long as the goalposts keep moving right?

No, a max FA can’t sign with a team who doesn’t have max cap space.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 9:07 am    Post subject:

^At least you gave us a fact this time.
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 9:08 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
audioaxes wrote:

No, a max FA can’t sign with a team who doesn’t have max cap space.

Yes, they can. They can take the vet min or whatever cap the team has
trablos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 9:09 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:

Yes, our youngsters have us competing against the best of the best every postseason Pau Gasol didn't win a playoff game before teaming up with Kobe. For someone who loves trashing our team, it's hilarious you are picking on a 2 way elite big man who would turn us into a contender overnight.
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 9:11 am    Post subject:

LBJ23 wrote:
I think they keep AD until at least the trade deadline. They should be a pretty good team with AD, Jru, and Zion. Especially on the defensive end.

I don't think they want to risk starting Zion's career off with an ugly dispute with their current All-Star, who has asked to be traded.
Lonzo-Lite
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 9:12 am    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:
Brendon Haywood just said that the Lakers have the best potential package out of Boston NY and Lakers

Haywood expecting the Lakers to trade #4 and ALL of Lonzo, Ingram, Kuz?
Chad09
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 9:13 am    Post subject:

Lonzo-Lite wrote:
Car54 wrote:
Brendon Haywood just said that the Lakers have the best potential package out of Boston NY and Lakers

Haywood expecting the Lakers to trade #4 and ALL of Lonzo, Ingram, Kuz?

Help the Pels rebuild overnight.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 9:13 am    Post subject:

trablos wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:

Yes, our youngsters have us competing against the best of the best every postseason Pau Gasol didn't win a playoff game before teaming up with Kobe. For someone who loves trashing our team, it's hilarious you are picking on a 2 way elite big man who would turn us into a contender overnight.

A Lebron/AD duo with meh vets gets you what? One win against the Warriors in the WCF? Is that really a "contender?"
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1249, 1250, 1251 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 1250 of 8560
Jump to: