OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1104, 1105, 1106 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stumpy25
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:42 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
a2j1m wrote:
vanexelent wrote:
a2j1m wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Who is going to convince Lebron to guard PFs?

exactly why i cant see Ingram staying if we get a Butler, Leonard, Klay. Lebron wont play PF and Ingram is gunna wanna start. So unless Ingram or Leonard play down low then i see Ingram on the move for a PF. Ingram for Maurkeen would be a pretty solid trade both sides altho Bulls have Porter thats a kinda guy id want

What if we sign Tobias Harris?

i wouldnt mind Harris but im sure hes staying in Philly, no way philly lets butler and harris walk. what was the point of trading for him ?

I wouldn't mind Tobias either but holy hell would that be a letdown.

Tobias Harris is very underrated, and he's not being used well in Philly. I think that focus on Embiid has taken his game away, personally I think he would do very well with LBJ.
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:55 pm    Post subject:

I am hoping for the Double Jeopardy win - Kawhi Leonard & Masai Ujiri.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 3:01 pm    Post subject:

I'm expecting Rob Pelinka as full-time PoBO, Mark Jackson as a coach and maxing out DeMarcus Cousins, so I don't get disappointed.
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 3:19 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
a2j1m wrote:
vanexelent wrote:
a2j1m wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

exactly why i cant see Ingram staying if we get a Butler, Leonard, Klay. Lebron wont play PF and Ingram is gunna wanna start. So unless Ingram or Leonard play down low then i see Ingram on the move for a PF. Ingram for Maurkeen would be a pretty solid trade both sides altho Bulls have Porter thats a kinda guy id want

i wouldnt mind Harris but im sure hes staying in Philly, no way philly lets butler and harris walk. what was the point of trading for him ?

I'll overpay Tobias over Butler, Kemba, Middleton
trablos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 3:21 pm    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
1ngr4m wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:
Math wrote:
After hearing Jerry West's quotes this morning about how Ryan thinks some of the negative stuff coming out is unfair I start to wonder how much the Buss family trust, and specifically a scorned Jim, has reacted to being ousted.

How much of this negative press can be attributed to a family power struggle over the reins with an ultimate goal of removing Jeanie?

*** I HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO PROOF OF THIS ***

I have long suspected that there are posters here who are *tasked* with posting anti-Jeanie items and whip up sentiment to disparage her and get her to sell the team (which is reportedly an aim of Jimmy and Johnnie). They then use their burner accounts to support their posts, which is why there'll be a 30-quote chain of dittos.

Just my humble opinion.

I love LakersGround and I enjoy being a semi active poster on here, but you are overestimating the impact of a public forum WAY too much.

We can change this to JeanieSellTheTeamGround.Net and it wouldn't matter the slightest.

I worked in Film/TV Production for a period of time (on the business side). We noticed that certain actors/actresses would get a LOT of activity/mentions/support on fan boards for TV shows . . . just about the time when their contracts were up and/or we were trying to decide to keep them on the show. We discovered that agents - one BIG agency in particular - was having their interns flood message boards and pump up their clients.

{OK, we didn't discover it - we hired a girl who had interned for the agency and she told us how it all went down].

In any event, with the exception of maybe 6-8 posters whose public identities are known, everyone else here is just someone with a computer or phone posting anonymously on a message board. There could be 5,000 users here, 50,000 or just 15 with hundreds of aliases.

As I originally posted - I have no proof. Neither have I pointed a finger at specific posters. I do, howver, have my suspicions.

Astroturfing is real and happens all the time, but I'm not sure LG has a large reach which wouldn't make it the best target for such attempts. Reddit and Facebook are definitely full of bots and shills though.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 3:24 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
kikanga wrote:
akk7 wrote:
kikanga wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
Between the money George Soros pays me to protest Trump and what Jim pays me to crap on Jeanie on LG, I'll never need a real job again.

Do you take pleasure in the current state of our franchise? Genuinely asking.

After all, you are right. The Lakers are in a bad state.

Obviously he doesn’t. It’s just that it’s blatant how badly this team is ran. Why should he sugarcoat things?

On top of that LG would say all sorts of things about the previous regime, while this new regime had a clear slate with no outside interference and still sucked. Why shouldn’t the owner, President, GM, etc get blamed?

Jeanie sucks at this and it’s clear. He doesn’t enjoy it. He’s just speaking facts.

How would you feel if we sign Kawhi this offseason. Would you feel bad/embarrassed for embracing the doom and gloom?

I think one can be objective about the current plight (6 years and continuing) while conceding that we may still land a top flight FA.

And be objective about what poor personnel decisions we made once we signed Lebron. Signing Leonard isn’t going to do much if the rest of the roster isn’t up to par.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 3:27 pm    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:

That would be pretty awesome.

Side: do you think BI will be better than Siakam at the same age? Siakam is already 25. BI turns 22 in September.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 3:28 pm    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:
1ngr4m wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:
Math wrote:
After hearing Jerry West's quotes this morning about how Ryan thinks some of the negative stuff coming out is unfair I start to wonder how much the Buss family trust, and specifically a scorned Jim, has reacted to being ousted.

How much of this negative press can be attributed to a family power struggle over the reins with an ultimate goal of removing Jeanie?

I have long suspected that there are posters here who are *tasked* with posting anti-Jeanie items and whip up sentiment to disparage her and get her to sell the team (which is reportedly an aim of Jimmy and Johnnie). They then use their burner accounts to support their posts, which is why there'll be a 30-quote chain of dittos.

Just my humble opinion.

I love LakersGround and I enjoy being a semi active poster on here, but you are overestimating the impact of a public forum WAY too much.

We can change this to JeanieSellTheTeamGround.Net and it wouldn't matter the slightest.

I worked in Film/TV Production for a period of time (on the business side). We noticed that certain actors/actresses would get a LOT of activity/mentions/support on fan boards for TV shows . . . just about the time when their contracts were up and/or we were trying to decide to keep them on the show. We discovered that agents - one BIG agency in particular - was having their interns flood message boards and pump up their clients.

{OK, we didn't discover it - we hired a girl who had interned for the agency and she told us how it all went down].

In any event, with the exception of maybe 6-8 posters whose public identities are known, everyone else here is just someone with a computer or phone posting anonymously on a message board. There could be 5,000 users here, 50,000 or just 15 with hundreds of aliases.

As I originally posted - I have no proof. Neither have I pointed a finger at specific posters. I do, howver, have my suspicions.

it's me jim buss

srry

Wait, I thought I was Jim Buss.
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 3:37 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:
1ngr4m wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:
Math wrote:

Just my humble opinion.

it's me jim buss

srry

I thought you were Jim Buss, too.
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 3:41 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:

Side: do you think BI will be better than Siakam at the same age? Siakam is already 25. BI turns 22 in September.

At this point, I'm hoping BI can be healthy enough to be in the league at age 25.

BI has a different skillset and a bigger upside. Scoring wise, he's already ahead of Siakam.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 3:44 pm    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:
1ngr4m wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:
Math wrote:

Just my humble opinion.

it's me jim buss

srry

Sup Jim how you doing my man

sup. hearda bitcoin?

Last edited by Baron Von Humongous on Thu Apr 18, 2019 3:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 3:45 pm    Post subject:

audioaxes wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
a2j1m wrote:
vanexelent wrote:
a2j1m wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

I'll overpay Tobias over Butler, Kemba, Middleton

Just wait and see if Kuz's shooting bounces back.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 4:16 pm    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:
1ngr4m wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:
Math wrote:

Just my humble opinion.

it's me jim buss

srry

Sup Jim how you doing my man

sup. hearda bitcoin?

Jim Buss would most likely throw you a 12 and a half cent piece.

I was out for the day but the LG GM rosters that people came up with would all more than satisfy me.

See how easy to please we are if someone doesn't try to trade five years of assets for one Klutch client?

It's not rocket science.

And yes, I too am Spartacus... err... Jim Buss.
Bard207
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 4:21 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:
1ngr4m wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:
Math wrote:

Just my humble opinion.

it's me jim buss

srry

I'm Spartacus
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 4:23 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:
1ngr4m wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:
Math wrote:

Just my humble opinion.

it's me jim buss

srry

sshh
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 4:31 pm    Post subject:

Jim Buss can have multiple accounts. Explains why you guys are hating on our Lakers girl.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 4:47 pm    Post subject:

Could we afford Tobias and another solid piece?.. In addition what other solid piece might we be able to pare with him realistically?

And would you guys be okay with it?
LAL1947
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 4:47 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
kikanga wrote:
akk7 wrote:
kikanga wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
Between the money George Soros pays me to protest Trump and what Jim pays me to crap on Jeanie on LG, I'll never need a real job again.

Obviously he doesn’t. It’s just that it’s blatant how badly this team is ran. Why should he sugarcoat things?

On top of that LG would say all sorts of things about the previous regime, while this new regime had a clear slate with no outside interference and still sucked. Why shouldn’t the owner, President, GM, etc get blamed?

Jeanie sucks at this and it’s clear. He doesn’t enjoy it. He’s just speaking facts.

How would you feel if we sign Kawhi this offseason. Would you feel bad/embarrassed for embracing the doom and gloom?

I think one can be objective about the current plight (6 years and continuing) while conceding that we may still land a top flight FA.

And be objective about what poor personnel decisions we made once we signed Lebron. Signing Leonard isn’t going to do much if the rest of the roster isn’t up to par.

Be objective...? Yeah right... in your very next sentence you find something to criticize about the possible signing of the BEST TWO-WAY player in the WHOLE LEAGUE... BEFORE it happens... and BEFORE they fill the roster. You clearly have your mind made up, no?
Bard207
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:06 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
Could we afford Tobias and another solid piece?.. In addition what other solid piece might we be able to pare with him realistically?

What is the first year salary of Tobias in your scenario?
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:07 pm    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
epak wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:

At this point, I'm hoping BI can be healthy enough to be in the league at age 25.

BI has a different skillset and a bigger upside. Scoring wise, he's already ahead of Siakam.

When you say scoring wise BI is already ahead, are you strictly basing it off PPG? Because that would be the only thing that makes it true. Siakam has a better 2 point percentage, 3 point percentage, free throw percentage, true shooting percentage.

PPG though, Ingram is better.
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:09 pm    Post subject:

LBJ23 wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:
epak wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:

When you say scoring wise BI is already ahead, are you strictly basing it off PPG? Because that would be the only thing that makes it true. Siakam has a better 2 point percentage, 3 point percentage, free throw percentage, true shooting percentage.

PPG though, Ingram is better.

Shhhhhh
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:12 pm    Post subject:

Bard207 wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:

I almost always defer to the collective expertise of LG in regards to salaries. I'm not qualified to say what's appropriate. If he's not a max guy he doesn't appear to be that far from being a piece that should be compensated as one.
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:15 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
Bard207 wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:

I almost always defer to the collective expertise of LG in regards to salaries. I'm not qualified to say what's appropriate. If he's not a max guy he doesn't appear to be that far from being a piece that should be compensated as one.

He will probably get a max with all the money that will be out there. We wouldn't have much to spend if we maxed him. We would have like 5 or 6 million left. Ballpark
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

kikanga wrote:
pjiddy wrote:

None. This is torture. Snark, however immature it may be, is how I deal with the grief of this team.
The Lebrons
Star Player
Star Player

No Tobias. He's nice at his current salary (15mill), but he's not worth the 25mill per year he's going to get. He's a nice piece in an equal opportunity system, but not someone you can count on.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1104, 1105, 1106 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 1105 of 8560
Jump to: