OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5644, 5645, 5646 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BILBJH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 8:27 am    Post subject:

On the other hand, if the price is right, you could sign him in hopes of gaining the inside track on signing LaMelo later on. He's still capable of running the offense but they rightfully have decided to use Ingram more instead.

I think he's a good player who's mentally fragile. If someone could unlock that confidence, they might get a player at a bargain rate. It looks like his form is better.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 9:20 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Cavaliers expected to trade or release Kevin Porter Jr. after outburst: Sources

This kid is legit talented. But he's a headcase who won't get it together no matter how many chances he's given. Such a shame.

Alot of teams could use his talent and upside. If anybody signs him, they should require him to see a therapist to help with his anger management and decision making processes.
PASTOR RILEY
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 9:24 am    Post subject:

Release McKinney and get Kevin porter jr.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 9:28 am    Post subject:

PASTOR RILEY wrote:
Release McKinney and get Kevin porter jr.

We are hard capped. Not sure if we could do that. Plus he’s a young prospect, I’m sure someone like the Knicks may trade for him.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 9:33 am    Post subject:

dcarter4kobe wrote:
kikanga wrote:
We really sold high on Lonzo. I wanted to believe in him when he was here. I rooted for him. But I'm not surprised his shooting splits are 39/30/60 in year 4.

Has shown flashes but has yet to put it all together. He really has to be in the perfect situation for him to shine. I don't think that is NO. They have zero spacing. Starting Adams/Zion up front. Neither never takes a shot outside of paint. Combine that with sub 34% from 3 shooter in Bledsoe

Guy is in a contract year, and to me, he hasn’t played well since entering the bubble. He was really good before that. Now he’s on record of saying in the half court, he is more of a 2 guard. Not sure if that’s on him or SVG, but if Zo wants to be a point guard in this league, he had to be able to drive to the rim and run a half court offense.
M2K
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 9:36 am    Post subject:

Lakers need another defensive wing and big man in the middle.

I like Kuzma...but he is too hot/cold and showed nothing in the bubble.

I don't think he has a higher ceiling than what we've seen talent-wise.

I would try to trade Kuzma for a young big (center) if one were out there or available come the trade deadline.
lakerican
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 9:52 am    Post subject:

You people really have to be kidding.

Cave should learn from Browns and move on from Kevin Porter
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:29 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
We really sold high on Lonzo. I wanted to believe in him when he was here. I rooted for him. But I'm not surprised his shooting splits are 39/30/60 in year 4.

He was off to a rough start, that's for sure. I've seen him play two or three times this year, and it was the same old Lonzo. He just faded into the background, but occasionally made some play that caught your attention.
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 11:10 am    Post subject:

Lonzo’s QO is $14.3m and his cap hold is $27m, according to Basketball Insiders. If they don’t QO Lonzo (and eventually renounce bird rights on Redick), the Pellies would have north of $25m in cap room. Issue his the QO and during the functional part of free agency, they’re an over the cap team.

Wouldn’t be surprised to see them deal Zo this year.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 11:12 am    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:
kikanga wrote:

Has shown flashes but has yet to put it all together. He really has to be in the perfect situation for him to shine. I don't think that is NO. They have zero spacing. Starting Adams/Zion up front. Neither never takes a shot outside of paint. Combine that with sub 34% from 3 shooter in Bledsoe

Guy is in a contract year, and to me, he hasn’t played well since entering the bubble. He was really good before that. Now he’s on record of saying in the half court, he is more of a 2 guard. Not sure if that’s on him or SVG, but if Zo wants to be a point guard in this league, he had to be able to drive to the rim and run a half court offense.

He's also not healthy. To be honest I hope that the Pelicans do sell low on him, so we can get him back and take advantage of the healthy version of him. If he starts wearing a fat suit in warmups then I'll assume it's a Klutch conspiracy
4evARaBruinLG
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 11:13 am    Post subject:

M2K wrote:
Lakers need another defensive wing and big man in the middle.

I like Kuzma...but he is too hot/cold and showed nothing in the bubble.

I don't think he has a higher ceiling than what we've seen talent-wise.

I would try to trade Kuzma for a young big (center) if one were out there or available come the trade deadline.

I doubt Kuzma will be moved this year if he is moved at all. The poison pill in his contract is quite limiting.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 11:14 am    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/status/1351210815504994305

The Cavs trading Kevin Porter Jr, you'd have to imagine it was more than just this food incident. It's got to be an accumulation of things. It doesn't feel like a "Robert Horry threw a towel at his coach" situation.

He also has been dealing with mental health issues, suicidal thoughts and depression. Playing basketball may be the last thing he needs right now.

https://twitter.com/JoeyBacon6/status/1351211524455591937
Hope Kevin Porter Jr. gets the help he deserves. Been dealing with Mental Health, having suicidal thoughts and depression.
https://cavaliersnation.com/2020/10/16/kevin-porter-jr-shares-scary-suicidal-instagram-post-as-fans-beg-him-to-seek-help/amp/

Last edited by MJST on Mon Jan 18, 2021 11:17 am; edited 1 time in total
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 11:14 am    Post subject:

Cut Kostas and give me Justin Patton and KPJ on 2 ways once the NBA approve a 3rd 2 way spot
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 11:22 am    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
kikanga wrote:

He was off to a rough start, that's for sure. I've seen him play two or three times this year, and it was the same old Lonzo. He just faded into the background, but occasionally made some play that caught your attention.

I’m holding my lonzo stock. He overhauled his form and that always takes a year before the shot starts falling. E.g. KCP. The passing and defense is still there.

He also needs to be in an offense with actual spacing and movement.l
D-Shiznit
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 11:29 am    Post subject:

Go get Kevin Porter Jr, he's worth the gamble.
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 11:33 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:

The Cavs trading Kevin Porter Jr, you'd have to imagine it was more than just this food incident. It's got to be an accumulation of things. It doesn't feel like a "Robert Horry threw a towel at his coach" situation.

He also has been dealing with mental health issues, suicidal thoughts and depression. Playing basketball may be the last thing he needs right now.

Hope Kevin Porter Jr. gets the help he deserves. Been dealing with Mental Health, having suicidal thoughts and depression.
https://cavaliersnation.com/2020/10/16/kevin-porter-jr-shares-scary-suicidal-instagram-post-as-fans-beg-him-to-seek-help/amp/

Wasn't he arrested a few months ago for slapping a woman? He might be bipolar. He needs to see a mental health doctor.
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 11:36 am    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:
kikanga wrote:

I was saying he's more a 2-guard in the halfcourt ever since he was a Laker. He's not a guy who will set the table and pick a defense apart. Problem is it's hard to run an offense with a 2-guard who can't shoot.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 11:38 am    Post subject:

Ziggy wrote:
MJST wrote:

Wasn't he arrested a few months ago for slapping a woman? He might be bipolar. He needs to see a mental health doctor.

Fighting with his sister. Also being caught with a gun and weed in his car.

The former object is something I would not want someone suffering from depression and suicidal thoughts to have in their possession at all.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 11:57 am    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
kikanga wrote:

I’m holding my lonzo stock. He overhauled his form and that always takes a year before the shot starts falling. E.g. KCP. The passing and defense is still there.

It's the mindset.

He plays offense like he is allergic to touching his defender sometimes. He's a 6'6'' PG who doesn't try to score through contact in the half court like his younger bro. Younger bro is 2 inches taller though.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 12:04 pm    Post subject:

De'Aaron Fox, Trae Young, and Ja Morant are at very similar points in their career right now. Good enough to be devastating when they are healthy, rested, and feeling good that night.
But I question their physical endurance throughout a 82 (or 72) game season. 10-15% of those games, they are just worn down and are lesser versions of themselves. They are all really young. Don't have the strength of older all star level PG peers.
RashardA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 12:07 pm    Post subject:

Lonzo really is a complete bust for where he was drafted.

He's a role player taken at a position of the draft where you should be drafting a franchise player.

He also doesnt have the heart or desire for the game and its evident when he plays.

I honestly dont see Lonzo having a very long career and it has nothing to do with his ability.

I dont even think he enjoys playing the game at all.

He would prefer to rap.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 12:10 pm    Post subject:

RashardA wrote:

He's a role player taken at a position of the draft where you should be drafting a franchise player.

He also doesnt have the heart or desire for the game and its evident when he plays.

I honestly dont see Lonzo having a very long career and it has nothing to do with his ability.

He would prefer to rap.

Franchise players don't grow on trees, even in the lottery. We should know. We were in the lottery for 4 years in a row, including three #2 picks. Depending on how you look at Ingram, we maybe got one franchise player in the group and we are a team that drafts very well. There are a lot of variables that go into it, but fans tend to expect a star if they're picking high. Just doesn't work out that way.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 12:20 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
RashardA wrote:

He would prefer to rap.

Franchise players don't grow on trees, even in the lottery. We should know. We were in the lottery for 4 years in a row, including three #2 picks. Depending on how you look at Ingram, we maybe got one franchise player in the group and we are a team that drafts very well. There are a lot of variables that go into it, but fans tend to expect a star if they're picking high. Just doesn't work out that way.

All of our top draft picks, except Lonzo thus far have proven themselves to be All-Star quality(Randle, Russell) and potential franchise quality(Ingram) so that's pretty good on the scouting department.

And far as Lonzo goes his health is going to be a big factor in what he becomes and develops into, ultimately. The people that expected Steph Curry with a 40 inch vertical will be disappointed. Those that expected a slightly more athletic 6'7 Jason Kidd, will likely be happier.

Last edited by MJST on Mon Jan 18, 2021 12:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 12:21 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
kikanga wrote:

It's the mindset.

He plays offense like he is allergic to touching his defender sometimes. He's a 6'6'' PG who doesn't try to score through contact in the half court like his younger bro. Younger bro is 2 inches taller though.

Melo also doesnt have to spend his rookie year in BBB shoes.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 12:29 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
kikanga wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
kikanga wrote:

It's the mindset.

Melo also doesnt have to spend his rookie year in BBB shoes.

Lamelo is also in a different role for his team and with what's expected of him.

Imagine if Lonzo was on a team where he was expected to be their primary or secondary offensive option.

Randle, Ingram, Kuzma, Clarkson. Lopez were all ahead of Lonzo in the scoring pecking order.

Lamelo they SHOULD be starting, but they have him as a 6th man with a green light to shoot/score whenever he wants to. Not the same role Lonzo had. If he was drafted to a team where he was essentially their 2nd option offensively you'd probably see him scoring more. But that's never been a role he was comfortable with. He's more Kidd, and Lamelo is more Curry in terms of their approach to the game. Entering a game, playing against another team's bench to catch his rhythm is also helpful with where his game is coming along from.

Lonzo's strengths are his defense, athleticism and basketball IQ and floor generalship.

Lamelo's strengths are his scoring, athleticism and passing.

Two different players. The biggest problem Lonzo has been having this season(and a few off-seasons) has been his health. Healthy he's very valuable to a team given what he already brings. Unhealthy he is not. So the biggest obstacle Lonzo is facing right now is his health.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5644, 5645, 5646 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 5645 of 8560
Jump to: