OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 4886, 4887, 4888 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:30 am    Post subject:

I don't have time to listen but it should be interesting.

https://twitter.com/ZachLowe_NBA/status/1320773488324550659?s=19
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:31 am    Post subject:

alleyoop wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Green knows Ibaka, I have a feeling he’s gonna help us recruit his former Raptor teammate, Ibaka would be a great Howard replacement.

If we can't get Howard back, I would be very happy to get Ibaka here. The perfect starting C next to AD

Interesting how any one is rarely talking about Ibaka, dude played very well in the playoffs and his fit would be amazing next to AD like you said, if we had to choose between Ibaka and Howard, the choice would be tough to make but in the end I would choose Serge Ibaka.
alleyoop
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:37 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
alleyoop wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Green knows Ibaka, I have a feeling he’s gonna help us recruit his former Raptor teammate, Ibaka would be a great Howard replacement.

If we can't get Howard back, I would be very happy to get Ibaka here. The perfect starting C next to AD

Interesting how any one is rarely talking about Ibaka, dude played very well in the playoffs and his fit would be amazing next to AD like you said, if we had to choose between Ibaka and Howard, the choice would be tough to make but in the end I would choose Serge Ibaka.

Unpopular opinion (if we keep Kuz, that is): I'd be much happier if we got Ibaka than if we got Gallinari. Obviously, Serge would ask for a lot more money than Dwight but if Bradley opts-in (and if Rondo and KCP re-sign), our depth is looking pretty damn good. If we can get Ibaka as our starting center alongside AD, that will go a long way to us seeing a repeat

As I said on the last page though, if KCP doesn't re-sign, I'm prioritising Justin Holiday. If Rondo doesn't re-sign, I'm prioritising getting DRose in a trade
#18 next...
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:48 am    Post subject:

Harlemlakerfan wrote:
32 wrote:
I don't know why some people here think it's going to be so easy to move Danny Green. I think he will be back next year.

Expiring contracts are very attractive to teams.

Not really. They’re only attractive if you’re willing to take on a longer contract for a player the other team doesn’t really want/like anymore. They’re only useful if he other team wants to shed long term salary and you don’t mind taking on long term salary in exchange for some possible assets, and since the Lakers likely have FA aspirations over the next few years, Danny Green’s expiring deal isn’t that great.
alleyoop
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:51 am    Post subject:

If KCP doesn't re-sign:

PG: James - Rondo
SG: Bradley - Caruso
SF: Green - Justin Holiday (MLE)
PF: Davis - Kuzma
C: Cousins - Howard (BAE)

If Rondo doesn't re-sign:
Rose for Kuzma + McGee

PG: James - Rose
SF: Green - KCP
PF: Davis - Morris (BAE)
C: Ibaka (MLE) - Cousins

If neither re-sign:

PG: James - Augustin (1/2 MLE)
SF: Green - Kuzma
PF: Davis - Morris (1/2 MLE)
C: Howard (BAE) - Cousins

This is how I currently see how we should approach these situations, not sure if they're achievable but considering we just won the chip, I can see some guys wanting to come/come back to us for a bit less than normal
#18 next...
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:56 am    Post subject:

I don’t mind Derrick Rose, he deserves a ring, the ACL injury ruined his legacy he would have been a spectacular player, either Rose or CP3 and even Schoeder should be options if Rondo leaves in FA, we are gonna have a lot of options to replace our players if they walk in FA, that is the beauty of the off season especially when we just came off of winning the championship.
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:57 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
alleyoop wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

The reason no one is talking about him is because he's going to get $14-15 million a year...he's 30 and most likely his last deal. Way out of our price range.
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:01 am    Post subject:

alleyoop wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
alleyoop wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Unpopular opinion (if we keep Kuz, that is): I'd be much happier if we got Ibaka than if we got Gallinari. Obviously, Serge would ask for a lot more money than Dwight but if Bradley opts-in (and if Rondo and KCP re-sign), our depth is looking pretty damn good. If we can get Ibaka as our starting center alongside AD, that will go a long way to us seeing a repeat

As I said on the last page though, if KCP doesn't re-sign, I'm prioritising Justin Holiday. If Rondo doesn't re-sign, I'm prioritising getting DRose in a trade

Love Ibaka. Would be extremely happy if they got him. And who knows, maybe Dwight still stays for a minimum.

I'm greedy tho, I still think we REALLY need: 1. Another wing defender 2. A backup point guard who can penetrate and play at least decent D.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:03 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
I don’t mind Derrick Rose, he deserves a ring, the ACL injury ruined his legacy he would have been a spectacular player, either Rose or CP3 and even Schoeder should be options if Rondo leaves in FA, we are gonna have a lot of options to replace our players if they walk in FA, that is the beauty of the off season especially when we just came off of winning the championship.

Not with the off court issue.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
alleyoop
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:13 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:

I agree that Rose would be a great fit here if Rondo leaves. Would cost much less than a Schroder type (i.e. we wouldn't have to give up both of Kuz and 28), and would be a real nice secondary ball-handler behind LBJ off the bench

Thing is, I truly doubt Rondo leaves, and considering all three of Rose, Rondo and Bron are pretty much ball-dominant players, I don't see how Rose and Rondo, in particular, are going to share their minutes, as neither can play off the ball. That is what I like about Schroder - he proved this season, alongside a great playmaker in CP3, that he can play off the ball, which works well alongside both Bron and Rondo
#18 next...
alleyoop
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:15 am    Post subject:

DrDent wrote:
alleyoop wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
alleyoop wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Love Ibaka. Would be extremely happy if they got him. And who knows, maybe Dwight still stays for a minimum.

I'm greedy tho, I still think we REALLY need: 1. Another wing defender 2. A backup point guard who can penetrate and play at least decent D.

Hard to get those types of players if you want to also re-sign all of the guys we currently have

IMO, if you want to keep all of the main 11 guys (Bron/Rondo/Bradley/Caruso/KCP/Green/Morris/Kuzma/Davis/Howard/Cousins), all you probably need to add on to that is an extra scorer/shot creator, even if it isn't a point guard. Alec Burks IMO can be that guy
#18 next...
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:23 am    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Not worth losing an asset. I don’t think he can crack our playoff rotation too. I rather give more minutes to Caruso and THT then lose an asset for someone like Waiters can do for the minimum.
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:25 am    Post subject:

DrDent wrote:
alleyoop wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
alleyoop wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Harkless and Reggie Jackson . That’s more realistic option especially Jackson in that vet minimum .
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:26 am    Post subject:

CRoost wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Not worth losing an asset. I don’t think he can crack our playoff rotation too. I rather give more minutes to Caruso and THT then lose an asset for someone like Waiters can do for the minimum.

D Rose is not worth a 1st or kuzma. He had an option to join contender but choose money. had an another option at trade deadline but decided to stay put

this is the 1 guy i dont want on our team...D Rose
alleyoop
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:28 am    Post subject:

CRoost wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

If you think Waiters can do what DRose does I don't know what to tell you. He's 10x more talented as it currently stands

This is coming from someone that doesn't want DRose on the team if LeBron and Rondo are still on it
#18 next...
alleyoop
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:31 am    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
CRoost wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

D Rose is not worth a 1st or kuzma. He had an option to join contender but choose money. had an another option at trade deadline but decided to stay put

Definitely understand if you prefer to run it back. If I'm honest I'd like to re-sign everyone, too

Despite this, it is usual for championships teams to improve on what they already have had for the next season though, e.g. us adding MWP for 09-10. I think it's inevitable we make a decent upgrade somewhere for next season, whether it be through FA or trade
#18 next...
Harlemlakerfan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:36 am    Post subject:

CRoost wrote:
DrDent wrote:
alleyoop wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
alleyoop wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Harkless and Reggie Jackson . That’s more realistic option especially Jackson in that vet minimum .

Goodness gracious..... Please no Reggie Jackson, not even for free!
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:38 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
alleyoop wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Most people think Ibaka will return to the Raptors on a rich one-year deal.

If he's available for the MLE, it will be an absolute steal. In normal times, he's a three-year/$60 million player
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:45 am    Post subject:

alleyoop wrote:
CRoost wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

If you think Waiters can do what DRose does I don't know what to tell you. He's 10x more talented as it currently stands

This is coming from someone that doesn't want DRose on the team if LeBron and Rondo are still on it

Even if 10 times more talented , Rose will not have the green light to utilize all his talents over here. We have 5 guards rotating on 96 minutes and that not even including THT. Vogel system utilized both Lebron and AD for the whole game. So what our team need is players that fit both of them which are clearly 3 and D archetype. So the only role available is that annual Rondo injury which pretty much what Waiters did on the bubble averaging 12 ppg.

I rather have Caruso playing more minutes and making him a lead playmaker even with Lebron as they clearly can play that 2 man game. And give more minutes to THT.

Rose was not a good fit with Lebron. That’s at least 32 -36 minutes and he will not be a good fit with Rondo who’s gonna play at least 10-15 minutes because of his AD pick and roll.

The best role for Rose is to become that assassin and because of the makeup of our team, he will have only few opportunities .

Comes playoff, he will he buttshifting in the bench unless Rondo gets injured and he created some sort of chemistry with AD.

That’s too many IFs.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:45 am    Post subject:

Can anyone recap what was said in the Lowe pod with Bobby Marks?
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:50 am    Post subject:

Harlemlakerfan wrote:
CRoost wrote:
DrDent wrote:
alleyoop wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
alleyoop wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Goodness gracious..... Please no Reggie Jackson, not even for free!

Reggie Jackson has that physical tools and 7 foot wing span to be Lindsey Hunter type of ball hawking defense. For minimum, it’s basically a free flyer. If he can’t then waive him .
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:54 am    Post subject:

alleyoop wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
CRoost wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Definitely understand if you prefer to run it back. If I'm honest I'd like to re-sign everyone, too

Despite this, it is usual for championships teams to improve on what they already have had for the next season though, e.g. us adding MWP for 09-10. I think it's inevitable we make a decent upgrade somewhere for next season, whether it be through FA or trade

we will need a deep team where AD/Bron can load manage because we were playing till mid oct.

we need a guys like kuzma/kieff who can play substantial mins.
alleyoop
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:56 am    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
alleyoop wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
CRoost wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

we will need a deep team where AD/Bron can load manage because we were playing till mid oct.

we need a guys like kuzma/kieff who can play substantial mins.

So you'd take a real solid 11 or 12-man rotation over, say, a 10-man rotation with a solid third scorer?

Understand your reasoning, I'd be happy if it came to that, personally I'd be much more comfortable if we had a real solid shot creator/3rd scorer going into next season but I think either would potentially work, depending on the pieces we actually add
#18 next...
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:57 am    Post subject:

Man! LeBron-AD-Ibaka front court... we bout to shut down the paint, cover the wings AND drop 3s on the other end... that’s just the bigs
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:58 am    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
alleyoop wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Most people think Ibaka will return to the Raptors on a rich one-year deal.

If he's available for the MLE, it will be an absolute steal. In normal times, he's a three-year/$60 million player

We’ll see.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 4886, 4887, 4888 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 4887 of 8560
Jump to: