OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 4885, 4886, 4887 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2020 8:36 am    Post subject:

I don't know why some people here think it's going to be so easy to move Danny Green. I think he will be back next year.
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2020 8:37 am    Post subject:

BLF2145 wrote:
King Randle wrote:
BLF2145 wrote:
logical24 wrote:
What do you guys think our roster will look like come start of the season realistic rosters please .

Realistic? Well people have us getting both Morris brothers, Mo, trading for Paul plus keeping KCP, Rondo and Howard. Basically they are insane.

Realistic?

Definitely:
1) James
2) Davis (will resign)”
3) Avery (will opt-in)
4) Alex C
5) Rondo (back with a slight raise)
6) Cousins (one year contract to prove he is healthy)
7) Cook

Likely Back:
8) Waiters - scoring pinch off bench. Won’t get a big deal from anyone yet
9) McGee opts-in, don’t think anyone will want in trade
10) THT - dont think he will be part of any trades

Likely FA:
11) Melo- signs for cheap to get a ring and will be guaranteed minutes at both 3/4
12) Trade piece for Green/Kuz and 28th pick
13) A Nerlens Noel type big for insurance in case Cousins can’t play
14) another guard depending on what trade nets us for Green and Kuz. Likely a swing guard that can play both SG and PG (but won’t be a fancy signing. Someone like Evan Turner for example)
15) Ideally fill spot with a player like Hollis-Jefferson for defense. But I am wondering if they leave this spot open for buyout. But I bet they fill it because of Cooks contract and if they cut mid season, won’t cost much at all.

Likely gone:
1) KCP - will get paid this offseason. 12-16m a season for multiple years
2) Howard - will get more years than we are willing to give
3) Morris - will her more years than we are willing to pay/give

You're obviously misinformed....KCP will be back 3-4 years at $30-40 million...Howard will be back on a 1 or 2 year deal at $3 million per year (He will not play like he did for us focus on defense, screens, rolls to the basket on another team). Green and McGee will be actively shopped for trades...Kuz too depending on the package. No way Melo comes here, better chance he goes back to NY. And Boogie would have to be a non-guaranteed deal due to his constant injuries.

So I am misinformed? We both agree Cousins getting a one year deal, we both agree Kuz and Green will be shopped. We both agree McGee will be shopped (I just don’t think anyone will give anything up of value for him).

Where we disagree is KCP and Howard. You have both getting multi-year deals from Lakers (on low end up of basically $13m a year committed to the two) through 2022 season. What we continue to hear is Lakers want to maintain cap space for 2021 to make a run at another max kind of guy (IE Greek Freak). If they commit $13m to them plus bring in another target with multiple years with the Kuz, Green trade, that 100% ensures under no circumstances they have the $$$ to make a run at a legitimate or even second tier star in that FA period. So the question we clearly disagree on is I don’t think the Lakers will be willing to lock up 3 years worth of salary for KCP plus trade for a another SG type with Green/Kuz (another $17m+ Worth of salary roughly).

Again I would love to bring both Howard and KCP back but my guess is market will pay them more than Lakers are willing to (especially on the years)

Let's see what happens. Because of Covid and China the cap is not going to be to friendly for FA's. Howard has made $240 million...he doesn't need and doesn't play for $ anymore. Hence donating his salary in the bubble. He's redeemed himself here, loves it here, but most importantly the players and Vogel love him. KCP is tricky...but he's a Klutch guy and we have Bird rights on him...I bet he returns...If we are fortunate enough to move Green and the NBA grants us the Deng exception these things get done much easier.
BLF2145
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2020 8:41 am    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
BLF2145 wrote:
King Randle wrote:
BLF2145 wrote:
logical24 wrote:
What do you guys think our roster will look like come start of the season realistic rosters please .

Realistic? Well people have us getting both Morris brothers, Mo, trading for Paul plus keeping KCP, Rondo and Howard. Basically they are insane.

Realistic?

Definitely:
1) James
2) Davis (will resign)”
3) Avery (will opt-in)
4) Alex C
5) Rondo (back with a slight raise)
6) Cousins (one year contract to prove he is healthy)
7) Cook

Likely Back:
8) Waiters - scoring pinch off bench. Won’t get a big deal from anyone yet
9) McGee opts-in, don’t think anyone will want in trade
10) THT - dont think he will be part of any trades

Likely FA:
11) Melo- signs for cheap to get a ring and will be guaranteed minutes at both 3/4
12) Trade piece for Green/Kuz and 28th pick
13) A Nerlens Noel type big for insurance in case Cousins can’t play
14) another guard depending on what trade nets us for Green and Kuz. Likely a swing guard that can play both SG and PG (but won’t be a fancy signing. Someone like Evan Turner for example)
15) Ideally fill spot with a player like Hollis-Jefferson for defense. But I am wondering if they leave this spot open for buyout. But I bet they fill it because of Cooks contract and if they cut mid season, won’t cost much at all.

Likely gone:
1) KCP - will get paid this offseason. 12-16m a season for multiple years
2) Howard - will get more years than we are willing to give
3) Morris - will her more years than we are willing to pay/give

You're obviously misinformed....KCP will be back 3-4 years at $30-40 million...Howard will be back on a 1 or 2 year deal at $3 million per year (He will not play like he did for us focus on defense, screens, rolls to the basket on another team). Green and McGee will be actively shopped for trades...Kuz too depending on the package. No way Melo comes here, better chance he goes back to NY. And Boogie would have to be a non-guaranteed deal due to his constant injuries.

So I am misinformed? We both agree Cousins getting a one year deal, we both agree Kuz and Green will be shopped. We both agree McGee will be shopped (I just don’t think anyone will give anything up of value for him).

Where we disagree is KCP and Howard. You have both getting multi-year deals from Lakers (on low end up of basically $13m a year committed to the two) through 2022 season. What we continue to hear is Lakers want to maintain cap space for 2021 to make a run at another max kind of guy (IE Greek Freak). If they commit $13m to them plus bring in another target with multiple years with the Kuz, Green trade, that 100% ensures under no circumstances they have the $$$ to make a run at a legitimate or even second tier star in that FA period. So the question we clearly disagree on is I don’t think the Lakers will be willing to lock up 3 years worth of salary for KCP plus trade for a another SG type with Green/Kuz (another $17m+ Worth of salary roughly).

Again I would love to bring both Howard and KCP back but my guess is market will pay them more than Lakers are willing to (especially on the years)

Let's see what happens. Because of Covid and China the cap is not going to be to friendly for FA's. Howard has made $240 million...he doesn't need and doesn't play for $ anymore. Hence donating his salary in the bubble. He's redeemed himself here, loves it here, but most importantly the players and Vogel love him. KCP is tricky...but he's a Klutch guy and we have Bird rights on him...I bet he returns...If we are fortunate enough to move Green and the NBA grants us the Deng exception these things get done much easier.

Amazing how important that $5m Deng exception has become. Crazy world we live in right now for sure.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2020 8:42 am    Post subject:

32 wrote:
I don't know why some people here think it's going to be so easy to move Danny Green. I think he will be back next year.

It would be easy to move him to a team that is looking to chase Giannis in 2021... thus taking on his expiring contract, Green can still help a contender who is looking to get over the hump.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2020 8:56 am    Post subject:

32 wrote:
If CP3 is such a game-changer for some teams wouldn't OKC ask for future draft picks?

I am sure that they would. But since we don’t have them to offer, we won’t see them in proposed deals.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:00 am    Post subject:

32 wrote:

I think so as well.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:01 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
32 wrote:

It would be easy to move him to a team that is looking to chase Giannis in 2021... thus taking on his expiring contract, Green can still help a contender who is looking to get over the hump.

You just described the Lakers
alleyoop
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:20 am    Post subject:

logical24 wrote:

If I'm being reasonably realistic:

KCP, Rondo, AD opt out
AB, McGee opt in (believe they have technically already done so?)

AD re-signs
KCP comes back on a decent sized one or two year deal
Rondo comes back on a slight pay raise

Howard and Morris both come back for half the MLE each

Green + Kuzma + 28 traded for Dennis Schroder

Sign Harkless/RHJ to the BAE and Dudley to another minimum contract (Haslem/Nick Collison-like role)
Sign Cousins back for the minimum

PG: Schroder - Rondo - Cook
SG: Bradley - Caruso - THT
SF: LeBron - KCP - Harkless/RHJ
PF: Davis - Morris - Dudley
C: Cousins - Howard - McGee
#18 next...
LastStand 2.0
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:20 am    Post subject:

Isn’t green an expiring deal? Teams always love expiring deals, as long as youre not suggesting expiring for expiring because then there’s no incentive for the other team if it’s the better player barring them liking kuzma and 28 as worthy assets depending on said player being discussed

I think Brooklyn would consider a S/T with Spencer if the lakers sent them green, 28 and kuzma

It gives them flexibility and a contending 3/D guy and a bench scorer

But hell if I know lol
alleyoop
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:22 am    Post subject:

LastStand 2.0 wrote:
Isn’t green an expiring deal? Teams always love expiring deals, as long as youre not suggesting expiring for expiring because then there’s no incentive for the other team if it’s the better player barring them liking kuzma and 28 as worthy assets depending on said player being discussed

I think Brooklyn would consider a S/T with Spencer if the lakers sent them green, 28 and kuzma

But hell if I know lol

Schroder >>>> Dinwiddie

I think the Nets would be looking to put Dinwiddie in a deal for a piece like Holiday or Beal, anyway
#18 next...
alleyoop
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:28 am    Post subject:

FWIW, if we can't get KCP back, I think Justin Holiday will be a HUGE MLE target. He's the kind of player that Vogel would love - a combo wing that has proven he can shoot this year, but can also defend at a very good level. Now, if KCP comes back, there's probably not as much of a need for him, but I can see him being a focus if Kentavious leaves for a team like Atlanta
#18 next...
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:28 am    Post subject:

alleyoop wrote:
logical24 wrote:

KCP, Rondo, AD opt out

AD re-signs

Sign Harkless/RHJ to the BAE and Dudley to another minimum contract (Haslem/Nick Collison-like role)

u had me till the bolded part
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:29 am    Post subject:

alleyoop wrote:
logical24 wrote:

KCP, Rondo, AD opt out

AD re-signs

This wins it again IMO.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:29 am    Post subject:

alleyoop wrote:
LastStand 2.0 wrote:

But hell if I know lol

Schroder >>>> Dinwiddie

I think the Nets would be looking to put Dinwiddie in a deal for a piece like Holiday or Beal, anyway

both are expiring and not worth kuzma + Green + 28
alleyoop
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:35 am    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
alleyoop wrote:
logical24 wrote:

KCP, Rondo, AD opt out

AD re-signs

What would be your preferred return for that package? Or would you keep them?
#18 next...
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:51 am    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
alleyoop wrote:
LastStand 2.0 wrote:

But hell if I know lol

Schroder >>>> Dinwiddie

both are expiring and not worth kuzma + Green + 28

Schroeder will be like a regular season move. Comes playoff, Can’t play defense nor switch with anyone. Green will at least do all the little things in the playoff and much better team defender.

And also we have sense of control with Kuz situation. If he does not improve, we can simply renounce him. But the upside is if he hit his expected stride then we can keep long term and will be an asset for any future trade.

If we gonna move 3 assets, better be like a clear upgrade and expected to contribute in the playoff under Vogel defensive system.
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:01 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Think about CP3 if you have to take in what the Bucks may be offering for him. Do they really want to have contracts that extend past next season (i.e. Bledsoe, and how easy is he to flip?). Maybe they'd take deals that would break up CP3's huge contract into smaller morsels, but wouldn't you rather take, on paper, a Lakers package that includes all expiring deals, a 2020 1st, and Kuz over what poo poo platter the Bucks could offer?

Bucks 24th pick >> Lakers 28th pick
Deonte divincenzo + d wilson >> kuzma

OKC can also flip bledsoe mid season and get an asset back. Bledsoe is all NBA defense - 2nd team.

No idea how that bucks package is poo poo platter

Why would they throw in DiVincenzo/Wilson for a 35 year old CP3? My understanding is they would throw in a bunch of salary fillers and Bledsoe. Bledsoe has several years left on his contract.

Bucks need to go all in because their most important player need help. If we think CP3 is a game changer so why can’t the Bucks think he can’t. I like DiVincenzo but he’s more of a glue guy than a main piece.

Also Bucks own their 21 pick. Along with this year Indiana pick, they have assets to pull the trigger and they have to.

You can’t possibly think Bucks will go with the same team if they want Giannis to stay.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:02 am    Post subject:

alleyoop wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
alleyoop wrote:
logical24 wrote:

KCP, Rondo, AD opt out

AD re-signs

keep them
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:15 am    Post subject:

Green knows Ibaka, I have a feeling he’s gonna help us recruit his former Raptor teammate, Ibaka would be a great Howard replacement.
Harlemlakerfan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:21 am    Post subject:

32 wrote:

Expiring contracts are very attractive to teams.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:22 am    Post subject:

Keith Smith on twitter saying there are some FAs who have agreement in place

I wonder who?
alleyoop
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:25 am    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
alleyoop wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
alleyoop wrote:
logical24 wrote:

KCP, Rondo, AD opt out

AD re-signs

keep them

Fair enough. I still believe we lack a third shot creator/scorer to really push us over the edge for the back-to-back. If Rondo leaves, that guy can be DRose, but he simply can't co-exist alongside both Bron and Rondo IMO

Otherwise, letting go of Howard/not re-signing Cousins and signing Ibaka for the MLE (IF he wants it) is probably our best bet:

PG: James - Rondo - Cook
SF: Green - KCP - RHJ (min)
PF: Davis - Kuzma - 28 (Tillie?)
C: Ibaka - Cousins/Howard - McGee

FWIW, I think there a few guys that are staying no matter what, like McGee (hype man on our squad), Cook (Laker stan that would be devastated to be traded), Caruso (for obvious reasons) and THT (Klutch)
#18 next...
alleyoop
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:26 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Green knows Ibaka, I have a feeling he’s gonna help us recruit his former Raptor teammate, Ibaka would be a great Howard replacement.

If we can't get Howard back, I would be very happy to get Ibaka here. The perfect starting C next to AD
#18 next...
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:29 am    Post subject:

does anyone know if tim hardaway Jr is opting out?
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:30 am    Post subject:

I don't have time to listen but it should be interesting.

https://twitter.com/ZachLowe_NBA/status/1320773488324550659?s=19
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 4885, 4886, 4887 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 4886 of 8560
Jump to: