OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 4582, 4583, 4584 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2020 10:29 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
kikanga wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
kikanga wrote:
Giannis will stay in MIL if they win a chip. If not, he's bouncing.
At least that's what he said. And I believe him. I can see him going to GS to be honest. I mean it's a near perfect fit with Curry and Klay.

But the question is whether that happens THIS Summer.

I don't think that will happen. I can see Giannis being an outlier and staying on the Bucks, or even going to the Knicks of all places. Would he team up with 3 all stars and then have the whole KD thing around him (though obviously different age/circumstances when it happened).

Oh I agree on that part. MIL will risk it and keep him till his free agency. He's too good to trade. Either he'll win a chip there and stay. Or they won't and he'll leave.

Giannis wants a chip. More than playing for the Bucks or being liked from the fans. He may not end up in GS. Just because other teams will be building great squads as landing spots for him as well. Like Miami for example.

Miami's a good one. Even Toronto.

I love Giannis. Favorite non Laker. But I have a hard time seeing him come here. I don't see him joining a Warriors bandwagon either. I think he will break the traditional places and stay on the Bucks or go to Miami or even Toronto.

Both teams with Giannis would be insane. But Miami has quite literally the perfect roster around him: Bam, Giannis, Herro, Jimmy, Nunn + Robinson, Dragic, Jones, Iggy, Carroll, Leonard, Olynik. Scary.

Hoping we have a shot at him but right now I'm hyper focused on this season and then next. Do whatever we need to win.
Mamba81
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2020 10:32 am    Post subject:

Hero Ball wrote:
Mamba81 wrote:
l4kerz wrote:
CRoost wrote:
JUST-MING wrote:
I still can’t believe Golden St. signed Dangelo Russell to a max contract just to trade him .

That was underrated move. They could have lost KD for nothing . And dumping Iggy for a meaningless season was another brilliant move. That trade exception could be a solid player. If they can tap that Wiggins potential then they could an intriguing team again.

I think Wiggins will be flipped as well.

I'm sure GS will go after AD this summer, but AD will choose legacy.

they can sign ad? damn. they would be title favorites easily

they are after the Freak.

would also make them the favorites
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2020 10:41 am    Post subject:

Blah Blah Blah. AD isn’t going to the Warriors. We are not gonna sign and trade AD for Wiggin’s terrible contract. We have Kuzma for 20x’s less. They’re already paying Steph, Klay, and possible Draymond.

I can’t see Milwaukee panic trading Giannis to the Warriors either. There is a roadmap for Giannis to get there, but it’s more likely in the Summer of 2021.
Mamba81
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2020 10:53 am    Post subject:

giannis steph and klay would be absolutely unbeatable. i dont even wanna think about it.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2020 10:54 am    Post subject:

Mamba81 wrote:
giannis steph and klay would be absolutely unbeatable. i dont even wanna think about it.

After the way things went down with KD, not sure Giannis would like to do that again.
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2020 11:19 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Mamba81 wrote:

After the way things went down with KD, not sure Giannis would like to do that again.

For many reasons, KD's move was uniquely douchey. Not sure Giannis would be judged at all.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2020 11:20 am    Post subject:

PenG_ wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Mamba81 wrote:

For many reasons, KD's move was uniquely douchey. Not sure Giannis would be judged at all.

People will always find ways to judge a player that leaves a small market team to join 3 all star players. But that's a discussion for 2021 and the whole point here was someone trying to assert that the Warriors could snag Giannis THIS summer.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2020 11:24 am    Post subject:

If Jerry West was still consulting the Warriors from an LA golf course they would have both Giannis and AD next season. Maybe even Prime Jordan instead of Klay.
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2020 11:50 am    Post subject:

I think Giannis takes the Super Max, and may demand a trade a few years down the line.
USCandLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2020 1:25 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Imo the KD experience will turn off stars from forming super teams. They saw first hand what happens when it’s not your team.

I don’t see Giannis going to a team with Klay and Curry or even Lebron and AD.

He will do what Kawhi and KD did if he doesn’t stay in Milwaukee. Go to a destination with one other top player.

Win two titles and two finals mvps?

Stars are going to continue to form super teams. This is something LeBron started, did twice, then KD picked up. These two players have enjoyed massive success in forming these teams, to the tune of 5 championships and 5 finals mvps.

Giannis won't be one of those players. He's cut from a different cloth. He's got the Kobe gene.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2020 1:47 pm    Post subject:

USCandLakers wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Imo the KD experience will turn off stars from forming super teams. They saw first hand what happens when it’s not your team.

I don’t see Giannis going to a team with Klay and Curry or even Lebron and AD.

He will do what Kawhi and KD did if he doesn’t stay in Milwaukee. Go to a destination with one other top player.

Win two titles and two finals mvps?

Stars are going to continue to form super teams. This is something LeBron started, did twice, then KD picked up. These two players have enjoyed massive success in forming these teams, to the tune of 5 championships and 5 finals mvps.

Giannis won't be one of those players. He's cut from a different cloth. He's got the Kobe gene.

So why did KD leave? Why didn’t he join Kawhi with the Clippers?

I mean it’s pretty well documented that he didn’t get the satisfaction that he thought he would when joining a 73 win team.

Agree on Giannis, but just like Kobe got frustrated and threatened that he wanted out; Giannis will too. Middleton isn’t going to be enough imo and the Bucks just aren’t a franchise that can attract that next level star. Same thing happened with Cleveland. An opportunistic Lebron simply went back because they had a drafted, developed Kyrie and assets to trade.
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2020 5:30 pm    Post subject:

Kevin Durant left because Golden St. refused to pay him. He took massive paycuts every year he was on that team.

Last edited by JUST-MING on Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:11 pm; edited 3 times in total
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2020 5:35 pm    Post subject:

JUST-MING wrote:
Kevin Durant left because Golden St. refused to pay him. He took massive paycuts every year he was on that team. It was disgusting.

They offered him the Max. He simply got tired of it being 2nd fiddle to Curry in the organization and with fan base.
WindyCityLakerFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2020 8:01 pm    Post subject:

JUST-MING wrote:
Kevin Durant left because Golden St. refused to pay him. He took massive paycuts every year he was on that team.

2016-17 $26,540,100
2017-18 $25,000,000
2018-19 $30,000,000

Kevin Durant made less than Mike Conley during that time span .

Durant took less so the team could sign iggy and Livingston and keep the owner under the luxury tax

https://www.sbnation.com/2017/7/3/15917520/kevin-durant-re-signs-warriors-pay-cut-two-years-53-million
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2020 9:13 pm    Post subject:

JUST-MING wrote:

2016-17 $26,540,100
2017-18 $25,000,000
2018-19 $30,000,000

The Warriors never refused to pay him. Durant elected to take less money than he could have so the team could keep Shaun Livingston and Iggy. If Duran had pushed it, the Warriors would have given him the money and let those two guys go.

Before he left, the Warriors offered him the supermax.
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2020 12:09 am    Post subject:

The income potential of NY plus opportunities to leverage the Chinese ownership in Brooklyn probably impacted Durant going to the Nets. These dudes aren’t just cashing in on NBA money, they’re building multinational brands.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2020 4:34 am    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
JUST-MING wrote:

2016-17 $26,540,100
2017-18 $25,000,000
2018-19 $30,000,000

The Warriors never refused to pay him. Durant elected to take less money than he could have so the team could keep Shaun Livingston and Iggy. If Duran had pushed it, the Warriors would have given him the money and let those two guys go.

Before he left, the Warriors offered him the supermax.

This is correct, it wasn't about money. They offered him any contract he would have liked whenever he came up for free agency each time. He chose the shorter contracts and the money wasn't the issue. The issue was the fact that it was never going to be his team, and, even beyond that, he was the one that their fans blamed whenever they would actually lose games. Or, hell, even when they were winning (which was obviously the vast majority of the time), sometimes he still got blamed for "ISO ball" and "not playing our way", dumb crap like that. And I haven't even mentioned the obvious beef with Draymond yet. It was obvious to me very early on last year that he wasn't coming back. That spat went beyond the pale of normal competitiveness. There's even talk that their medical team wasn't completely transparent with the injury he was dealing with last year, when he came back to play in the Finals, although, as I said, I believe 100% that he had already decided he was gone.

The bottom line is this: despite all the winning and the titles and the Finals MVP's, he wasn't happy. Perhaps he misjudged the backlash he would get from joining such a juggernaut, but there's no way he didn't know some of that was coming. That wasn't ultimately what make him so unhappy. It was the other stuff. That's why he left. He got his rings, and he wasn't happy, so why stay?
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2020 7:23 am    Post subject:

LBJ23 wrote:
I think Giannis takes the Super Max, and may demand a trade a few years down the line.

And be untradable.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2020 8:18 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
LBJ23 wrote:

And be untradable.

Like Westbrook?
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2020 8:47 am    Post subject:

Would you take crap back for a prime Giannis? Milwaukee would likely allow him to play his contract out.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:58 am    Post subject:

Damn, gonna miss talking about hoops for however long this suspension is...
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2020 3:14 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
MJST wrote:
The Warriors will be either after AD or Giannis.

Till then they are going to be hoping that Wiggins continues to progress and potentially finds his potential.

Next to a healthy Steph and Klay, they are already pretty much great contenders in the West. But it'd take a healthy year from all 3 of them at high level.

If worst came to worst, Wiggins would be a trade chip in a deal for a superstar.

For example, if AD stated he wanted to go to the Warriors, the Lakers could ask for Wiggins in a sign and trade like what they did with Brooklyn to get Russell for KD.

Same thing they could do with Milwaukee if Giannis decided he was out.

The Warriors are playing chess. ON TOP OF THAT if they get a top 3 pick this year that is also a trade piece.

Essentially they could potentially have a Top 3 Pick + Wiggins as trade chips for this draft and otherwise. If the Warriors got the Number 1 pick, and AD said he was going to leave and the Warriors came offering us Wiggins + the 1st Pick, we'd have to take it.

Or if Giannis was feeling disgruntled if Milwaukee fails this year, and Giannis starts hinting he may not stick around when his contract ends, the Warriors would have those two things to wave at teams.

If Wiggins is healthy, their 'worst' case scenario in that instance, is keeping Wiggins and drafting James Wiseman... which is a pretty great 'worst case scenario' for the Warriors of what happens with their assets.

So the Warriors are looking at 3 options

Curry, Klay, Giannis

Curry, Klay, AD

Curry, Klay, Wiggins, Wiseman

Either one of those is a great situation for them off this season.

What makes you think AD wants to go to the Warriors? Paranoid much?

More like wishful thinking so he can say the trade was a failure and they should've kept the kids. This is the same guy who had Paul George going to the Rockets two summers ago. And like that, AD to the Warriors is pure fantasy, as the rest of us know. He's not leaving the Lakers, let alone for the Warriors.

And the Kobe-Dwight comparison is still absurd. Dwight would've stayed if he and Kobe had gotten along. The kind of culture in the locker room that Kobe had established was in stark contrast to what Dwight wanted. So he left. LeBron and AD are polar opposites to the Kobe-Dwight duo. They actually like each other. They seem to be genuine friends, not just teammates who are forced to work together (ala Kobe and Dwight). This is nothing like 2013 and AD isn't leaving.
golakersgo121
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2020 8:51 am    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
LBJ23 wrote:

And be untradable.

Like Westbrook?

Yes. Getting back for WB another untradable contract doesn't make him more tradable. "being tradable" in this sense means getting back positive, not negative assets
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2020 10:35 am    Post subject:

golakersgo121 wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
LBJ23 wrote:

And be untradable.

Like Westbrook?

Yes. Getting back for WB another untradable contract doesn't make him more tradable. "being tradable" in this sense means getting back positive, not negative assets

CP3 :- All Star
2 1st-round draft picks (2024 and 2026) and
the right to two first-round pick swaps (2021 and 2025)

not bad, not bad at all
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2020 4:41 pm    Post subject:

How is everyone doing? Be well fam.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 4582, 4583, 4584 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 4583 of 8560
Jump to: