OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 456, 457, 458 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
UKUGA
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:52 am    Post subject:

Sam Amick said this today on The Athletic:

"I'd probably handicap the Lakers as a more likely landing spot (than Boston), but we all know that Boston has the assets and the AD affection. All eyes are on Pels GM Dell Demps right now to pull a rabbit out of that hat as we get closer to this summer when AD has to decide on his supermax."
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:54 am    Post subject:

32 wrote:
I would trade all of our young players except for kuzma. Kuzma has the potential to be a number three on a championship contender. I don't think the others can.

not sure I follow....you would not move a player that has the potential to be a 3rd or 4th player on a championship team to obtain one of the few players in the league that clearly has the ability to be a #1 on a championship team?
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:54 am    Post subject:

32 wrote:
I would trade all of our young players except for kuzma. Kuzma has the potential to be a number three on a championship contender. I don't think the others can.

If that's the case (and I agree), don't you think the Pels would want him? He's marketable and on a cheap cost controlled deal.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:55 am    Post subject:

UKUGA wrote:

"I'd probably handicap the Lakers as a more likely landing spot (than Boston), but we all know that Boston has the assets and the AD affection. All eyes are on Pels GM Dell Demps right now to pull a rabbit out of that hat as we get closer to this summer when AD has to decide on his supermax."

The Lakers will continue their rich history of getting Hall of Fame big man.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:56 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
32 wrote:

If that's the case (and I agree), don't you think the Pels would want him? He's marketable and on a cheap cost controlled deal.

Yes I'm sure they would. If he was the deal-breaker then I guess you got to include him.
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:56 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
32 wrote:

The first 2 players the Pels will want are Kuz and Josh.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:58 am    Post subject:

West - Chamberlain
Magic - Kareem
Kobe - Shaq
Lonzo - AD
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:59 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Quote:
Oh think Ben is a great player... but I'm amazed at how the guy who averages 16 points for us at 20... is looked upon as a failure... yet Ben who seems to have plateaued beneath 16... is an unmitigated success.

I haven't called him a failure, nor have many here. But again, Ben isn't a scorer. His bread and butter is passing/rebounding/defense. He excels in those areas in an all star caliber.

I think you have been pretty fair about BI... but my post was directed at the board.

It just happened to come up in your conversation so I addressed the chasm in perception between the two... when it should be much smaller.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:00 am    Post subject:

UKUGA wrote:

It feels good to know that the Lakers are the frontrunners.
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:04 am    Post subject:

32 wrote:
UKUGA wrote:

If it happens, great. If not, no problem. Magic is a man among boys and already has multiple backup plans.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:06 am    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Quote:
Oh think Ben is a great player... but I'm amazed at how the guy who averages 16 points for us at 20... is looked upon as a failure... yet Ben who seems to have plateaued beneath 16... is an unmitigated success.

I haven't called him a failure, nor have many here. But again, Ben isn't a scorer. His bread and butter is passing/rebounding/defense. He excels in those areas in an all star caliber.

I think you have been pretty fair about BI... but my post was directed at the board.

It just happened to come up in your conversation so I addressed the chasm in perception between the two... when it should be much smaller.

At draft time I thought the chasm wasn't too wide, but after 2 full seasons (1 where Simmons was out with injury), I think it's pretty wide.

Ben is an all-NBA caliber player. We knew about his passing and inaiblity to shoot; but his defense has been a big surprise to me. He's way above BI now to me, even factoring in the LBJ transition.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:06 am    Post subject:

RI Laker wrote:
32 wrote:
UKUGA wrote:

If it happens, great. If not, no problem. Magic is a man among boys and already has multiple backup plans.

True.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:07 am    Post subject:

1 hopeful aspect in the Anthony Davis pursuit is that if Davis has the guts to demand a trade to the Lakers, the Pelicans will have no choice but to accept some sort of package rather then asking for all the young players, keep your fingers crossed on AD demanding a trade cause we will have the most benefit.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:08 am    Post subject:

Also remember it doesn't have to be a two-way trade for Davis. Another team could get involved.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:11 am    Post subject:

for all the talk about AD always being injured....he has started 27 out of 31 regular season games this season....that is 87%. Last season he started 75 of 82 regular season games...91%.....and two seasons ago, again started 75 of 82 games. Actually over his entire career (6+ Seasons), he has played in 437 regular season games out of 519 or 84%. I doubt that is far off from most other stars.....probably better than many. For example, KD has played in 85% of his career regular season games....Curry played in 84% of his career regular season games....Kawhi has played in 71% of his career regular season games....Harden @ 93% and Westbrook @ 91%.

The point is claiming AD is injury prone is starting to feel like an outdated narrative.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:11 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Quote:

At draft time I thought the chasm wasn't too wide, but after 2 full seasons (1 where Simmons was out with injury), I think it's pretty wide.

Ben is an all-NBA caliber player. We knew about his passing and inaiblity to shoot; but his defense has been a big surprise to me. He's way above BI now to me, even factoring in the LBJ transition.

He's clearly the better athlete, but the question is whether BI can improve.

Some here think he's fully developed... he's just not twitchy and quick enough to get to the next level.

Maybe they are right, but I still think his body hasn't filled out and he has further to go.

If he packed another 20 pounds onto his frame and smoothed out his shot... then the difference won't be vast at all.

We shall see... hopefully we can find a way to keep him until LBJ retires when we will have the fully formed version.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:14 am    Post subject:

I think the Pelicans will pull out all the stops to try to appease Davis by the trade deadline. I think they'll try to trade for an All-Star. I think they are going to need a good playoff run.
noahp45
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:14 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
for all the talk about AD always being injured....he has started 27 out of 31 regular season games this season....that is 87%. Last season he started 75 of 82 regular season games...91%.....and two seasons ago, again started 75 of 82 games. Actually over his entire career (6+ Seasons), he has played in 437 regular season games out of 519 or 84%. I doubt that is far off from most other stars.....probably better than many. For example, KD has played in 85% of his career regular season games....Curry played in 84% of his career regular season games....Kawhi has played in 71% of his career regular season games....Harden @ 93% and Westbrook @ 91%.

The point is claiming AD is injury prone is starting to feel like an outdated narrative.

"you want to explain away the Pelicans' troubles—spiraling offensive efficiency, a spike in points allowed and a slowing pace—it's easy. Just look at what Davis did in four wins before getting hurt and measure it against his post-injury performance.

AD started out by averaging 27.3 points, 13.3 rebounds, 4.8 assists, 3.8 blocks and 2.5 steals while shooting 52.1 percent from the field and 57.1 percent on three-pointers. Clear MVP stuff for four games.

Then he tweaked that elbow, and over his next three games, the averages dipped: 18.0 points, 9.3 rebounds, 3.7 assists, 2.3 blocks and 0.7 steals on 36.7 percent shooting from the field with a 14.3 percent hit rate from beyond the arc."

https://basketballforever.com/2017/10/25/anthony-davis-added-injury-history-needs-seen-believed/

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2804764-should-we-be-concerned-about-anthony-davis

Last edited by noahp45 on Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:24 am; edited 3 times in total
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:16 am    Post subject:

noahp45 wrote:
The Lakers would be dumb to give that package for a guy that has hurt every possible body part that can be hurt.

But it doesn't matter because he will be a Celtic.

Dude you act like you know everything. Did you think LeBron would be a Laker a year ago?
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:16 am    Post subject:

RI Laker wrote:

R.C. Buford, Bob Myers, Danny Ainge, Daryl Morey, Masai Ujiri, Pat Riley, and Sam Presti collectively burst into laughter.
noahp45
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:18 am    Post subject:

32 wrote:
noahp45 wrote:
The Lakers would be dumb to give that package for a guy that has hurt every possible body part that can be hurt.

But it doesn't matter because he will be a Celtic.

Dude you act like you know everything. Did you think LeBron would be a Laker a year ago?

Yes I figured we would get Bron, but I was wrong about PG.

I'm not saying that I know for a fact he will be a Celtic. But I'm using common sense. The Celtics have the best assets to get him and they want him. NOLA losing their Star are going to want everything they can get.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:21 am    Post subject:

noahp45 wrote:
adkindo wrote:

https://basketballforever.com/2017/10/25/anthony-davis-added-injury-history-needs-seen-believed/

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2804764-should-we-be-concerned-about-anthony-davis

first, your quote game is all off....you are attributing things to me that I never posted......beyond, that, I listed the black and white numbers and compared them to similar stars. Either you believe those are false numbers I posted or you agree with them? Why would I care about an article with someones opinion over a year old.....or the other bleacher report guys opinion? The numbers are the numbers.
noahp45
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:23 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
noahp45 wrote:
adkindo wrote:

Then he tweaked that elbow, and over his next three games, the averages dipped: 18.0 points, 9.3 rebounds, 3.7 assists, 2.3 blocks and 0.7 steals on 36.7 percent shooting from the field with a 14.3 percent hit rate from beyond the arc.

"you want to explain away the Pelicans' troubles—spiraling offensive efficiency, a spike in points allowed and a slowing pace—it's easy. Just look at what Davis did in four wins before getting hurt and measure it against his post-injury performance.

AD started out by averaging 27.3 points, 13.3 rebounds, 4.8 assists, 3.8 blocks and 2.5 steals while shooting 52.1 percent from the field and 57.1 percent on three-pointers. Clear MVP stuff for four games."

first, your quote game is all off....you are attributing things to me that I never posted......beyond, that, I listed the black and white numbers and compared them to similar stars. Either you believe those are false numbers I posted or you agree with them? Why would I care about an article with someones opinion over a year old.....or the other bleacher report guys opinion? The numbers are the numbers.

Yeah my fault, I fixed it thou.

I should have stated that I saw your numbers that show he started and played in games. But I was trying to point out that even thou he played in those games he was hurt and didn't play to his full potential

Last edited by noahp45 on Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:25 am; edited 1 time in total
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:23 am    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Quote:

He's clearly the better athlete, but the question is whether BI can improve.

Some here think he's fully developed... he's just not twitchy and quick enough to get to the next level.

Maybe they are right, but I still think his body hasn't filled out and he has further to go.

If he packed another 20 pounds onto his frame and smoothed out his shot... then the difference won't be vast at all.

We shall see... hopefully we can find a way to keep him until LBJ retires when we will have the fully formed version.

But Ben also can improve. They're what, 1 year apart and physically they are worlds apart right now.

My hope was that BI would be a great shooter and that he could lord a 3 point shot over Ben. But he takes so few 3s and his game is dependent on many of the same types of drives that Ben takes.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:24 am    Post subject:

Austin Rivers signed with Memphis
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 456, 457, 458 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 457 of 8560
Jump to: