OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 455, 456, 457 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:38 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Before the season when we signed Lebron. Many here believed that he was willing to take a step back and let others be the playmakers. That he would play off ball to reduce wear and tear. When we began losing, we changed to Cleveland style Lebron ball with him having the ball at the top of the key and running the offense. Some even thought he would be in the post and play PF. The point is, you can say what you want but the reality is what it is. They can say that KD or KL will be Batman to Lebron’s Robin, but it would never happen.

You’re a bitter dude. The Lakers are winning games and you still find negatives lol hows your clippers doing?
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:50 am    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Before the season when we signed Lebron. Many here believed that he was willing to take a step back and let others be the playmakers. That he would play off ball to reduce wear and tear. When we began losing, we changed to Cleveland style Lebron ball with him having the ball at the top of the key and running the offense. Some even thought he would be in the post and play PF. The point is, you can say what you want but the reality is what it is. They can say that KD or KL will be Batman to Lebron’s Robin, but it would never happen.

You’re a bitter dude. The Lakers are winning games and you still find negatives lol hows your clippers doing?

And you fail at reading comprehension. The only negative is with those who wanted Lebron but expected him to change to fit our team. Some of us wanted Lebron to be Lebron. He won’t change nor should he try to.
Joe Pesci
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:00 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Jarmusch wrote:
i love ingram but im not opposed to trade him for beal, roll with him this season and then in the summer try to package him and lonzo or kuzma for AD. That said, that would take the lakers out if free agency talks, something that they dont want to do it seems, im fine with it but it will be tough to beat other trade packages (boston, toronto) without an established player like beal.

And all the nba knows AD is the biggest attainable prize in the league right now

I have a feeling that if the Pels do decide to move AD at some point, they are going to have much more interest in players like Ingram and Ball than Beal. I could be way off, but it feels like without AD, they would need to move Holiday and start over. What is Beal and Holiday going to get you in the West? I would predict capped out and lottery bound.

They had a top 3 player on the team for years and the best they could muster was a 2nd round matchup. They have to tear it down and start all over. The fool's errand would be to look for veteran and expensive players that will not even make the playoffs.

Definitely agree, if the Pelicans decide to trade Davis, it will be for whoever can produce the best draft picks.

... to a team that feels they have a chance to resign him.

Boston has a great chance, but NO would be foolish to completely discount the Lakers' offer of Kuzma, Ingram, Ball, and two picks, especially when Boston's offer will most likely consist of four mid-first picks and Brown ...

Boston will have a very hard time giving up Tatum without assurances from Davis that he'll resign. The Lakers won't be afraid of him not resigning. They'll offer EVERYTHING.

The Pelicans would be silly to not consider the Lakers' offer.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:04 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
Nash Vegas wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Quote:
Simmons numbers have already flattened out... I wonder how much greater he will become? He's improved his FT shooting slightly... but he's stopped shooting from outside almost completely.

Is he more likely to become an all star than Ingram?

Yeah, I'd have to agree with you... but I'm not sure the difference is insurmountable.

He's a 2 way player who can't shoot.

Like a 6'10 prime Rondo. That's an all-star.

99% Simmons will be an all-star this season. Ingram.... well there's always next year?

Oh think Ben is a great player... but I'm amazed at how the guy who averages 16 points for us at 20... is looked upon as a failure... yet Ben who seems to have plateaued beneath 16... is an unmitigated success.

BI is developing well as a 2 way player also.

The question is whether we believe he will eventually be able to drive to the rim with consistency like Ben and Giannis.

If he does... he becomes the offensive equivalent of either who can also shoot from range.

He's not close to either right now, but I think it's that he's too weak.

Some people think he will never be more than what he is now...

Fair enough, but I don't think they should look at those who think he will become better as delusional.

A weak BI with inconsistent shooting outscored Ben...

What does a stronger BI do?

No, he won't be the playmaker that Ben is... but I think predicting better scoring and good defense isn't out of line.

Because Ben Simmons isn't a scorer, and yet, is averaging roughly the same amount of points as someone from whom scoring is supposed to be what they hang their hat on. And he's doing it with two prolific scorers around him FWIW in Embiid and now Butler.

The fact that Simmons and Ingram average the same points is more of an indictment on Ingram in the same way that it is more of an indictment on Kuzma that his career averages on blocks are the same as Lonzo this year. No one says "I don't get why Kuzma gets flack for not getting blocks when he has the same as Lonzo"

He's supposed to have more than Lonzo. Much more!

Ingram shot a half an attempt more per game than Simmons did last season.

This isn't a case where he was Devin Bookering his way to 16PPG

It's a myth that Brandon is shot happy and selfish.

He seems to be playing within the framework of what Luke wants him to do.

Yes, he's not at Simmons level yet... I'm only pointing out with some strength that he might yet get there.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:08 am    Post subject:

Why would a team trade for Davis if they didn’t feel they couldn’t re-sign him? I am sure that the Pelicans would consider every offer if they decide to trade him. I am also sure that they don’t have a Laker fan view of our young players.

Last edited by venturalakersfan on Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:09 am; edited 1 time in total
saetarubia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:08 am    Post subject:

Joe Pesci wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Jarmusch wrote:
i love ingram but im not opposed to trade him for beal, roll with him this season and then in the summer try to package him and lonzo or kuzma for AD. That said, that would take the lakers out if free agency talks, something that they dont want to do it seems, im fine with it but it will be tough to beat other trade packages (boston, toronto) without an established player like beal.

And all the nba knows AD is the biggest attainable prize in the league right now

I have a feeling that if the Pels do decide to move AD at some point, they are going to have much more interest in players like Ingram and Ball than Beal. I could be way off, but it feels like without AD, they would need to move Holiday and start over. What is Beal and Holiday going to get you in the West? I would predict capped out and lottery bound.

They had a top 3 player on the team for years and the best they could muster was a 2nd round matchup. They have to tear it down and start all over. The fool's errand would be to look for veteran and expensive players that will not even make the playoffs.

Definitely agree, if the Pelicans decide to trade Davis, it will be for whoever can produce the best draft picks.

Boston has a great chance, but NO would be foolish to completely discount the Lakers' offer of Kuzma, Ingram, Ball, and two picks, especially when Boston's offer will most likely consist of four mid-first picks and Brown ...

Boston will have a very hard time giving up Tatum without assurances from Davis that he'll resign. The Lakers won't be afraid of him not resigning. They'll offer EVERYTHING.

Do you see us offering that much if we don't get a top FA this summer?
noahp45
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:13 am    Post subject:

saetarubia wrote:
Joe Pesci wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Jarmusch wrote:

Do you see us offering that much if we don't get a top FA this summer?
''

Lakers are not giving up that much for Mr. Glass Jr. You only give that package for 3 players in this league and we already have one.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:17 am    Post subject:

Joe Pesci wrote:
Lakers' offer of Kuzma, Ingram, Ball, and two picks

yes, I would consider offering that for Davis
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:20 am    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

Ignore him. He's been allowed to troll on here for decades. He was supposed to be perma banned after Jim & Mitch were canned.
noahp45
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:22 am    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:24 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Joe Pesci wrote:

Dang. Could the Pels resist that?
Anyone recall the last super traded and what the package was for him?
noahp45
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:26 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Joe Pesci wrote:

NY for Melo
Wilson Chandler, Raymond Felton, Danilo Gallinari, Timofey Mozgov, the Knicks 2014 first-round draft pick (traded up took Doug McDermott ", the Warriors' 2012 second-round pick( Quincy Miller ), the Warriors' 2013 "(Traded up Rudy Gobert) second-round pick and $3 million in cash.

lol hahahahah

Then Houston sent
Enes Kanter, Doug McDermott and a second-round pick for him.

Last edited by noahp45 on Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:34 am; edited 1 time in total
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:29 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Joe Pesci wrote:

An all NBA player
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:31 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Joe Pesci wrote:

in theory, Boston can still beat it this summer depending on what the Pels want...they could offer Hayward, Smart, Brown, Robert Williams and picks....while taking back some bad salary (Solomon Hill? E'Twaun Moore?) It would give New Orleans solid players that are locked up for several years.
gaogi
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:32 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Joe Pesci wrote:

If the Pels take that, they basically have the 2016-2017 Lakers team
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:36 am    Post subject:

The Juggernaut wrote:
Car54 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

Ignore him. He's been allowed to troll on here for decades. He was supposed to be perma banned after Jim & Mitch were canned.

Nah, he is not a troll....just has an opinion that is not often shared by the majority on many subjects. He was here when I got here and I have always found his thoughts interesting for the most part, and I routinely disagree with him. Trolls show and go....dude has been showing up for nearly 2 decades.
noahp45
Star Player
Star Player

gaogi wrote:
epak wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Joe Pesci wrote:

THIS^^^

So glad NOLA is not that stupid.
noahp45
Star Player
Star Player

adkindo wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:
Car54 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

Nah, he is not a troll....just has an opinion that is not often shared by the majority on many subjects. He was here when I got here and I have always found his thoughts interesting for the most part, and I routinely disagree with him. Trolls show and go....dude has been showing up for nearly 2 decades.

Maybe a "supper Troll'
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:38 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
epak wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Joe Pesci wrote:

in theory, Boston can still beat it this summer depending on what the Pels want...they could offer Hayward, Smart, Brown, Robert Williams and picks....while taking back some bad salary (Solomon Hill? E'Twaun Moore?) It would give New Orleans solid players that are locked up for several years.

I don’t want it to happen because of the risk, but wouldn’t it be great if the Celtics traded the farm for AD, didn’t win a chip, and he left for LA in free agency to win two rings with LeBron then take over? That’s absolute best case scenario for the next few years as a Lakers fan.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:39 am    Post subject:

noahp45 wrote:
gaogi wrote:
epak wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Joe Pesci wrote:

THIS^^^

just a few posts above you were claiming that the Lakers would never offer that much for AD.....as in it was an over pay. Now you are claiming that the Pels would never accept that little for AD....as in it is an underpay

Last edited by adkindo on Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:39 am; edited 1 time in total
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:39 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Oh think Ben is a great player... but I'm amazed at how the guy who averages 16 points for us at 20... is looked upon as a failure... yet Ben who seems to have plateaued beneath 16... is an unmitigated success.

I haven't called him a failure, nor have many here. But again, Ben isn't a scorer. His bread and butter is passing/rebounding/defense. He excels in those areas in an all star caliber.
noahp45
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:48 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
noahp45 wrote:
gaogi wrote:
epak wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Joe Pesci wrote:

THIS^^^

just a few posts above you were claiming that the Lakers would never offer that much for AD.....as in it was an over pay. Now you are claiming that the Pels would never accept that little for AD....as in it is an underpay

Because I don't want AD and I don't think NOLA is that dumb to take that for AD. Since he is their Star.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:49 am    Post subject:

I would trade all of our young players except for kuzma. Kuzma has the potential to be a number three on a championship contender. I don't think the others can.
noahp45
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:50 am    Post subject:

The Lakers would be dumb to give that package for a guy that has hurt every possible body part that can be hurt.

But it doesn't matter because he will be a Celtic.
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:51 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:
Car54 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

Nah, I've been lurking here for over 10 years. Dude is just a veteran disguised troll. He used to routinely flat out hate on Kobe during his prime. He never admits he's wrong and lies about things he's said. Trump-esque.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 455, 456, 457 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 456 of 8560
Jump to: