OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 4481, 4482, 4483 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
alleyoop
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2020 9:25 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
epic_ wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
https://mobile.twitter.com/ShowtimeForum/status/1229573936674770944

J.R. Smith looking good

Why is his shirt on?

Optics. Prove to teams that he is serious.

Just like Dwight...when the game is taken away from you

This is true, could realise he’s out of the league if he doesn’t improve his game fast

Gut feel tells me he’s cooked nonetheless, it’s easy to look good in scrimmage without the pressure of being on an NBA team
#18 next...
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2020 9:28 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
TheLakersReview
@TheLakersReview

“... my intel on the Moe Harkless thing the whole time has been that they were keeping him ... I think he stays in New York with the Knicks.”

- Ramona Shelburne during her appearance on The Mason and Ireland Show today.

This might be great news. Cuz she dont know about the Lakers
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2020 9:58 pm    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
Quote:
TheLakersReview
@TheLakersReview

“... my intel on the Moe Harkless thing the whole time has been that they were keeping him ... I think he stays in New York with the Knicks.”

- Ramona Shelburne during her appearance on The Mason and Ireland Show today.

This might be great news. Cuz she dont know about the Lakers

shes been pro balmer since she got impressed by the party balmer threw for all media members
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2020 10:10 pm    Post subject:

Had the Clippers traded for Steven Adams or a legit big . . .

. . . but they didn't.

I'm happy to face Zu and a bunch of 6'8" dudes in a 7-game series.

TO ALL THE CLIPPER TROLLS . . .

This board is 20 years old. We've seen the old "join after the Lakers lose, post a billion times in 30 days and act like we're a concerned Lakers fan" hundreds of times, haven't we, Pastor 17+?

TO THE BUTT-HURT JIMMY BUSS/JERRY WEST FANS:

West has been gone 20 years and will likely die a Clipper - deal with it.

Jimmy got his ass kicked by his little sister and the majority of the family, the Lakers' partners and the League all backed her. Deal with it.
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2020 10:10 pm    Post subject:

Doesnt make sense if the Lakers didnt pursue Jackson and doesnt make sense for Jackson to turn down the Lakers (More opportunity plus more money) if they did.
3baller
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2020 10:22 pm    Post subject:

dcarter4kobe wrote:
Doesnt make sense if the Lakers didnt pursue Jackson and doesnt make sense for Jackson to turn down the Lakers (More opportunity plus more money) if they did.

Some of you actually hoped Rjax would consider the lakers? I thought it was well known that he's a buddy of PG13's and also a Mintz client?
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2020 10:22 pm    Post subject:

Well someone badly wants to be heard. How sad that a dude that’s been here for nearly 20 years needs to resort to larger and bolder font to be heard and noticed. Haha.

Can’t properly discuss a topic so resorts to innuendo and cyber bravado. So very sad...oh so very sad. I won’t stoop to your level.

Btw, #CoolStoryBro
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2020 10:28 pm    Post subject:

3baller wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:

Some of you actually hoped Rjax would consider the lakers? I thought it was well known that he's a buddy of PG13's and also a Mintz client?

Mintz is trash and his client list is trash. Why does LG act like he is a godfather agent or something?

I checked his list and his top 3 clients are pg, dlo and then ball lol
Total client 26 I think

Here is his list off NBA players: https://hoopshype.com/reps/aaron-mintz/

Nothing impressive
LakerMindLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2020 10:34 pm    Post subject:

Jackson gives the Clippers more depth so they can rest players during the regular season and still win.

Lakers really need to win and keep the #1 seed as I don’t see the Clippers losing many more games. If Clippers have to play Dallas, then Houston before the Lakers, it would be awesome.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2020 10:46 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
MJST wrote:
All you people saying the Clippers didn't do anything by adding Reggie Jackson... weren't some of ya'll hoping with all your might that retired Darren Collison would come back and join us cause he was 'what we needed'?

Reggie Jackson is putting up similar stats as an active NBA player and hasn't been retired for a year and is 29 and not 32, but cause the Clippers did it "it means nothing" ...

yeah okay.

I agree up to a point. I'm just not sure how Jackson fits with the Clippers. I guess he gives them some cover for Beverley, but Jackson was out for most of the season with a back injury. And then there is the matter of Jackson's defense. But that's the Clippers' problem, not ours.

He'll probably be coming off the bench for Lou and their best case scenario is that he removes some of the workload that Lou's had to carry and offers a potential second scoring option for their bench.

That's what I think they're hoping for anyway.

Okay, I can see that. Still, as you say, it's a best case scenario.
alleyoop
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2020 10:53 pm    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
3baller wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:

Mintz is trash and his client list is trash. Why does LG act like he is a godfather agent or something?

Total client 26 I think

Nothing impressive

Wow, all of DLo, Ball, Hart, PG AND Randle are Mintz clients

We must have really done something to piss him off
#18 next...
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2020 11:19 pm    Post subject:

alleyoop wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
3baller wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:

Total client 26 I think

Nothing impressive

To echo what a previous poster said: F Aaron Mintz. And yes, Reggie was never going to come to us. So many things about player movement are agent-driven.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2020 11:23 pm    Post subject:

Polarbear wrote:
2019 wrote:
Return2greatness wrote:
You all need to quit crying. Crying and whining about trades and roster pickups. We have the best record in the west and favored by Vegas to win it. Let the clips bring in rjax, they are already having chemistry issues. Patience. The more minutes our guys have together the better. I still believe in playoff rondo to be heard.

What's our record against Clippers? Bucks? Celtics? Sixers? Raptors? Rockets?

Some of ya'll need drop the homer glasses are realize we haven't beat the team(s) that matter: Bucks and Clippers. Both those teams improved. Reggie Jackson isn't a game changer but for us he would have been. Marcus Morris isn't some savior that we missed but he is marked improvement from Harkless who we are praying gets bought out.

It's okay to doubt how we good are given our record agains the better teams and the fact that they're all improving while we bank on chemistry.

Scared? Get a dog

A couple dogs on this team wouldn't be a bad thing, would it, kiddo?
Villain6Activated
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 1:12 am    Post subject:

alleyoop wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
3baller wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:

Total client 26 I think

Nothing impressive

We traded 3 of the 5, and didn't want to resign the 5th one on your list
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 1:14 am    Post subject:

Everyone going crazy losing a guy who is shooting 38% for the season? Another inefficient chucker? Not sure what the Clips are doing signing all these guys who are ball dominant guys. These guys need the ball in their hands to be effective. You have like 4-5 guys on that roster now? Like Perkins said, there is only one ball.
alleyoop
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 1:16 am    Post subject:

Villain6Activated wrote:
alleyoop wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
3baller wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:

Total client 26 I think

Nothing impressive

I'm pretty sure his vendetta against us was well in play by the time the PG/Randle offseason came about

Maybe the trading of DLo really rubbed him up the wrong way? Maybe he's a Clippers fan at heart? Who knows
#18 next...
cencio_999
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 1:45 am    Post subject:

alleyoop wrote:
Villain6Activated wrote:
alleyoop wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
3baller wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:

Total client 26 I think

Nothing impressive

I'm pretty sure his vendetta against us was well in play by the time the PG/Randle offseason came about

Maybe the trading of DLo really rubbed him up the wrong way? Maybe he's a Clippers fan at heart? Who knows

Magic trashin Dlo after the trade (he's not a leader and people don't want to play with him) was probably one of the main reasons.
And minzt was absolutely right to be pissed off.
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 3:21 am    Post subject:

unless we're saving our Cousins exception money for Harkless (and we somehow know he's being bought out, which, lol) then all is well, but otherwise it'll be especially disappointing that we didn't end up with Jackson or Williams when we had more money to offer than the Clippers/Bucks
alleyoop
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 3:25 am    Post subject:

PHILosophize wrote:
unless we're saving our Cousins exception money for Harkless (and we somehow know he's being bought out, which, lol) then all is well, but otherwise it'll be especially disappointing that we didn't end up with Jackson or Williams when we had more money to offer than the Clippers/Bucks

Yeah this is really confusing, why did we bother getting an exception if we weren’t going to use it

I highly doubt we would have saved it as a ‘break glass in case of emergency’ type thing
#18 next...
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 6:14 am    Post subject:

It's clear that even the Lakers believe they have a point guard problem. Why pursue Darren Collison if they were all set?

Seems to me, much like the Kawhi, then Iggy situation, that they thought they had the deal in the bag.

Now Darren's situation has fallen through, and all the other options out there have seemingly been taken away.

Goes back to the central point. Lakers knew/know they have a point guard problem and they are doing what about it? (and we have a wing defender problem too).
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 6:17 am    Post subject:

I think if one watches Danny Green on his podcast
You will hear him talk about the closeness of this team
Other than cutting THT
I don’t think the Lakers really wanted to cut a guy on this very close team

They may not win it all, and truth is Clippers are way more talented than us as a team. We are more talented with a big 2, but as a team the Clips way more talented on offense. So even with one move. Where you cut a family member you don’t really gain talent wise edge over the Clips as a team.

The Lakers did the right thing. Win or lose, I support these guys. They rode it out, and they’re brothers to each other. With all that’s gone on the last month, I just want to see this group go all out in the playoffs and results be what they are.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 6:19 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
I think if one watches Danny Green on his podcast
You will hear him talk about the closeness of this team
Other than cutting THT
I don’t think the Lakers really wanted to cut a guy on this very close team

They may not win it all, and truth is Clippers are way more talented than us as a team. We are more talented with a big 2, but as a team the Clips way more talented on offense. So even with one move. Where you cut a family member you don’t really gain talent wise edge over the Clips as a team.

The Lakers did the right thing. Win or lose, I support these guys. They rode it out, and they’re brothers to each other. With all that’s gone on the last month, I just want to see this group go all out in the playoffs and results be what they are.

I understand that, but you only have so many competitive years with LBJ.

Lakers possibly wasting 2 of LBJ's final post-prime years is not good.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 6:19 am    Post subject:

All eggs in one basket is amateur FO work.

Everyone knew for MONTHS the Lakers needed a PG/Playmaker. They wait for Collison and then poof...all that’s left is guys like IT and Burke.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 6:23 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
All eggs in one basket is amateur FO work.

Everyone knew for MONTHS the Lakers needed a PG/Playmaker. They wait for Collison and then poof...all that’s left is guys like IT and Burke.

Yeah. They knew they needed a backup PG and a wing defender, and like a college kid who crams for a test, it's getting awfully close to the end. We had the summer FA, trade deadline, and now buyout to remedy these pretty glaring issues. We wasted time trusting Rondo as the backup PG (Caruso should have been put through the fire instead at least) and we will have issues against teams with big wings. Tick tock...
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 6:24 am    Post subject:

And no one can credibly argue that the Lakers think they're set at PG. Why pursue Darren so openly, parading him around at a game (which is IMO a slap in the face of the vaunted "chemistry bros.").
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 4481, 4482, 4483 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 4482 of 8560
Jump to: