OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 3893, 3894, 3895 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2019 9:15 pm    Post subject:

Given the league-wide penchant for favorable injury timelines (especially when it's a star player), I wouldn't be surprised if Luka ends up out a month.

Zion was supposed to have returned by now and he's not even dribbling a basketball yet. Sticking by my prediction that they hold him out all season.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2019 9:17 pm    Post subject:

I would
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2019 9:27 pm    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
CRoost wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
CRoost wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
CRoost wrote:
NMLaker wrote:
Re: Luka - high ankle sprains are no joke (if that is what he has...that was what he was holding after the fall)...he could be hurting for a long time...

Dallas might pull the trigger first with Iggy to weather the storm. I’m looking for Iggy for Lee and a second and another sweetener to seal the deal.

Luka is their engine. How does replacing luka with Iggy help?

I never said he will replicate his production nor he can make the same impact but if Luka is out for considerable amount of time, Iggy can help while Dallas will unleash the Zinger. Lee is out of rotation anyway.

How does Iggy help? He taking over full time pg duties?

Lol, Are you trying to play dumb or being sarcastic? From the locker room, veteran leadership, making plays ,hitting timely 3 ball and and all the way to defensive schemes, Iggy is always valuable. If you don’t see the way I do then you can disagree. If you trying to insinuate he can’t run the offense then yes he can not and that’s why Dallas need to utilize the Zinger.

lol @ losing top 10 player this year and trying to compansate it with iggy.

LMAO. I rather see what can Zinger do with someone like Iggy than Lee if Luka need to sit out for a month or even this year.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2019 9:32 pm    Post subject:

I would love if the Pelicans would use this season to get Zion's weight down a bit. His knees will thank him
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2019 9:33 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:
I would love if the Pelicans would use this season to get Zion's weight down a bit. His knees will thank him

Gimme a B.
Gimme a U...
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2019 10:37 pm    Post subject:

According to three sources, it was inspired by an Instagram post of Waiters hanging out on a boat during a time when the team was made to believe he was unavailable because he was sick.

https://www.fivereasonssports.com/news/exclusive-the-reason-for-dion-waiters-latest-heat-suspension/

OMG Dion, WTF
Laker_Dynasty_01
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2019 10:57 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Any chance we can get Joe Ingles? Dude just looks like he is meant to be a Laker.

He is looking pretty washed this season.

Could it be because the Jazz are over-using him? On his team he wouldn’t even be the 4th option, it seems like the Jazz are asking to much from him and he can’t do what’s expected of him.

Maybe. He just looks slow and a step behind, yeah he’s not the fastest guy but still...also he looks a step behind with mental part of game.

Could it be his extensive minutes played for Australia this September? He averaged 34 minutes per game playing 8 games in under 2 weeks, and several exhibition games in Australia. Patty Mills also played big minutes, but he didn't start w/ SA last season. Ingles has started all but one game the past two seasons, and still plays 28 mins per game this year.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2019 11:02 pm    Post subject:

Laker_Dynasty_01 wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Any chance we can get Joe Ingles? Dude just looks like he is meant to be a Laker.

He is looking pretty washed this season.

Could it be because the Jazz are over-using him? On his team he wouldn’t even be the 4th option, it seems like the Jazz are asking to much from him and he can’t do what’s expected of him.

Maybe. He just looks slow and a step behind, yeah he’s not the fastest guy but still...also he looks a step behind with mental part of game.

Could it be his extensive minutes played for Australia this September? He averaged 34 minutes per game playing 8 games in under 2 weeks, and several exhibition games in Australia. Patty Mills also played big minutes, but he didn't start w/ SA last season. Ingles has started all but one game the past two seasons, and still plays 28 mins per game this year.

Could also be a function of Rubio's departure and him being replaced with Conley, who's been terrible. The Utah offense has been pretty bad. Now Phoenix has gone from WC doormat to playoff bubble.
Bard207
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2019 1:15 am    Post subject:

84. What are the rules regarding trades?

Quote:

When teams wish to complete a trade they must set up a "trade call" with the league office. If the teams wish to complete the trade over a weekend they must notify the league office on Friday, otherwise the trade call cannot be held until the following Monday. The trade is not complete until all terms have been agreed to during the trade call.

The league would delay processing a trade until Monday, so no trades were completed and thus the lack of news.
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2019 9:46 am    Post subject:

Memphis (after Av & Dwight buyouts) ain’t looking to do us anymore favors.

The Grizzlies are determined to trade Andre Iguodala before the February deadline. – via YouTube

Meanwhile Okc could be standing pat with Cp3 (forced to), Gallo and Shroe...

Adrian Wojnarowski: “There is no belief in Oklahoma City or even in the CP3 camp that there’s going to be a trade for him.” – via YouTube

SPO200
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2019 9:47 am    Post subject:

CP3's contract can be considered a very toxic one. Obviously nobody would want him.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2019 9:51 am    Post subject:

vasashi17+ wrote:
Memphis (after Av & Dwight buyouts) ain’t looking to do us anymore favors.

The Grizzlies are determined to trade Andre Iguodala before the February deadline. – via YouTube

Meanwhile Okc could be standing pat with Cp3 (forced to), Gallo and Shroe...

Adrian Wojnarowski: “There is no belief in Oklahoma City or even in the CP3 camp that there’s going to be a trade for him.” – via YouTube

nobody got value by placing everybody on the block.

they need to say they are standing pat.

nobody wants CP3 contract
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2019 10:32 am    Post subject:

Trust me, a lot of teams want CP3 particularly the Heat, the thing is they would rather get him in a buy out then via trade.
SPO200
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2019 10:34 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Trust me, a lot of teams want CP3 particularly the Heat, the thing is they would rather get him in a buy out then via trade.

I guess even we would be interested in a buyout, but it's not possible that they buy him out. Maybe in his last year, but not now with 3 more years.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2019 10:37 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:

i dont trust u at all
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2019 10:40 am    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
Given the league-wide penchant for favorable injury timelines (especially when it's a star player), I wouldn't be surprised if Luka ends up out a month.

Zion was supposed to have returned by now and he's not even dribbling a basketball yet. Sticking by my prediction that they hold him out all season.

I hope not because I want to see BI and Zion play together to get a glimpse of their future. However, the Pels could be out of the playoff race by next month if they don't turn it around soon.
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2019 10:40 am    Post subject:

Yeah there's no chance a player gets bought out with 9-figures still remaining on their contract. They'd have to take a massive paycut.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2019 10:45 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:

What a weird comment... and file it under no f'ing shh.

Nobody ever disputed CP3 being coveted in a buyout scenario. 29 teams would show interest. But in a trade scenario there are likely zero.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2019 10:45 am    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

i dont trust u at all

Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2019 10:47 am    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

What a weird comment... and file it under no f'ing shh.

Nobody ever disputed CP3 being coveted in a buyout scenario. 29 teams would show interest. But in a trade scenario there are likely zero.

Yeah, that was basically my point.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2019 10:51 am    Post subject:

Quote:
The Rockets have reportedly tried “1-way, 2-way, 3-way, and even 4-way” scenarios to acquire Andre Iguodala and it seems highly unlikely a deal will be possible, per @wojespn.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2019 10:58 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Quote:
The Rockets have reportedly tried “1-way, 2-way, 3-way, and even 4-way” scenarios to acquire Andre Iguodala and it seems highly unlikely a deal will be possible, per @wojespn.

Much rather have Iggy on the Mavs then the Rockets.. so this is good news for us.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2019 11:04 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Quote:

This is a PG-rated site my friend.
SPO200
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2019 11:15 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Quote:

Much rather have Iggy on the Mavs then the Rockets.. so this is good news for us.

I'm not sure, I find the Mavericks more dangerous than the Rockets. Luka is on the way to be the MVP and he already has experience winning important championships in Europe where he won the MVP award for the Euroleague. On the other hand Harden always performs worse in the playoffs.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2019 11:42 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Quote:

This is a PG-rated site my friend.

I don’t know PHILosophize stretches that rating with his Laker girls comps
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 3893, 3894, 3895 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 3894 of 8560
Jump to: