OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 3883, 3884, 3885 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2019 9:33 am    Post subject:

vasashi17+ wrote:
https://mobile.twitter.com/chase_shannon/status/1205323122397851648

Tristan would be an interesting option other than Memphis’s pick of the litter in Iggy/Jae. I mean how much more can we expect from them when they already gave us Av and Dwight, right? Haha

Bron’s boy/Klutch klient
His baby and baby momma live in LA
Expiring deal/buyout candidate
Adds to frontline depth behind AD/Bron/Dwight/McGee
Plays behind AD and at center so AD never has to play the 5 during the regular season
Moves Kuz to exclusively play the 3 behind Bron, which will help him in recovering and preventing future injuries
Waive/move Dudz to take over our official twitter account and other socials for community outreach and fan tix giveaways
(bleep) up this small ball league with our ridiculous lengf
Gives Bron/AD legit minutes on the bench during the regular season, so they legs fresh to death when the real season starts

#ProtectYourStars
#LegsStayFroggyForSpring

Hard to guarantee and find him minutes. He is on last year of his contract or he will look out for his own self, not for Lebron or any Klutch team. He’s probably gonna find some contender that he can play a role and playing time. I think the Celtics, Clips, Rockets are the frontrunners.
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2019 9:36 am    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
Joe Pesci wrote:
Quinn Cook for Josh Jackson works.

Or waive somebody and sign Jonathan Simmons.

With Josh Jackson:

PG - James - Rondo - Tucker
SG - Bradley - Caruso - Daniels
C - McGee - Howard - (Cousins) - Cacok
PF - Davis - Kuzma - Dudley - Antetekounmpo
SF - Green - Pope - Jackson

Josh Jackson is immature and emotionally unstable. There are too many other guys available who won't bring drama.

I’ll pass on Josh Jackson. The risk is higher than whatever he can bring this year but I’ll take a flyer next year when we are more equip to handle risk and also have more time to really asses his mentality.
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2019 9:51 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
dcastillo wrote:
I know the play in 2021 offseason is Greak Freak but if they doesn’t happened what do you guys think about going after Olidipo or Drummond?

With what money?

I don’t understand the 21plan. The Chinese market is a huge factor, but let's not considerate it for this hypothetical cap projection. Giannis would be an amazing get obviously, but it only happens if Bron opts out of his last year and re-ups for less.

On a projected 125m salary cap in summer of '21, dude would be eligible for a 30%max of a starting salary of 37.5m. If Bron doesn't opt out of his 41m final year deal and you project AD's 2nd year of his 30%max deal that he signs next summer @ 37.6m, then factor in Deng's dead cap hit of 5m and 10 incomplete roster charges, we'd only have roughly 30m in cap space left. That makes a 3max scenario impossible unless you trade for that 3rd player and we just don't have the type of contracts to do that unless we give Kuz a max type deal and turn him into trade fodder after the fact.

Bron would legit have to take a 7-8m salary cut in a season where he turns 37 y/o to make the Giannis/AD/Bron dream a reality. If we backload Bron's deal to make up for the lost cost, it's possible he would opt out, but that means we'd be paying close to 40m for Bron in his 40s.

As for tier 2 max player types like Drummond/Dipo, it's possible, but they too would have to agree to around 30m to make it happen.

Bottomline: Bron's opt out is the key to 2021 free agency. Without his blessings, prayers for Giannis, go unanswered.

Last edited by vasashi17+ on Fri Dec 13, 2019 10:10 am; edited 1 time in total
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2019 10:06 am    Post subject:

Everyone here hoping to make the Finals, where our most likely opponent is Giannis.

So either the Lakers win... And Giannis, who has said over and over "I want to be one of the greatest of all time," joins the team that beat him.

Or the Bucks win, and Giannis joins the team that he beat.

Makes sense. Let's definitely limit our ability to improve the team for the next two years.
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2019 10:07 am    Post subject:

CRoost wrote:
vasashi17+ wrote:
https://mobile.twitter.com/chase_shannon/status/1205323122397851648

Tristan would be an interesting option other than Memphis’s pick of the litter in Iggy/Jae. I mean how much more can we expect from them when they already gave us Av and Dwight, right? Haha

Bron’s boy/Klutch klient
His baby and baby momma live in LA
Expiring deal/buyout candidate
Adds to frontline depth behind AD/Bron/Dwight/McGee
Plays behind AD and at center so AD never has to play the 5 during the regular season
Moves Kuz to exclusively play the 3 behind Bron, which will help him in recovering and preventing future injuries
Waive/move Dudz to take over our official twitter account and other socials for community outreach and fan tix giveaways
(bleep) up this small ball league with our ridiculous lengf
Gives Bron/AD legit minutes on the bench during the regular season, so they legs fresh to death when the real season starts

#ProtectYourStars
#LegsStayFroggyForSpring

Hard to guarantee and find him minutes. He is on last year of his contract or he will look out for his own self, not for Lebron or any Klutch team. He’s probably gonna find some contender that he can play a role and playing time. I think the Celtics, Clips, Rockets are the frontrunners.

I'm not disagreeing with anything you just said. I mean Boogs could eventually get back and then our frontline looks even more scary. Its a contract year for Tristan, but if he's open to it, I would look at him as a potential number1 target at the moment, cause finding a playmaker to place Bron more offball and "rest" him in that manner is going to be slim pickings. So instead, come out the gate and try routing the opponent and then send Bron/AD to the bench and Tristan and either Dwight/McGee should help maintain our lead as long as you sprinkle perimeter defenders around them.

Im just interested in getting Bron minutes on the bench during the regular season. Plus if you consider AD's shoulder injury (which shows up frequently on the injury report https://www.espn.com/nba/team/injuries/_/name/lal), I feel it's necessary to protect our star investment. Ask the dubs if 73 regular season wins means anything to them. I really couldn't care less about regular season glory...just get our duo to the playoffs at as close to 100% as possible. We most likely will face the cLips anyways so even if seeding prevent us homecourt in that series, does it really matter?
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2019 10:15 am    Post subject:

Was listening to Windhorst on the Bill Simmons podcast (which I still listen to for some reason) and he let out a little nugget. Windhorst is very connected to LeBron and his camp still, so when he's talking about him, it's hard not to think he's speaking for him. He was gushing over Danny Green and how LeBron has never had such a great 3&D guy (he was not that good when he first played with him) and then said: "this is why I think Kuzma is struggling. People are talking about Kuzma's stats and the most important stat is minutes played... because Vogel doesn't think he's a good fit." Doesn't sound like a pure conjecture there...

They went on to discuss how Kuz is a strong trade candidate and Windhorst thinks Kuz for Bogdanovich would be deadly for the Lakers.

Windhorst also talked about how the Lakers really need another wing defender because they cannot ask LeBron to do that. He said that LeBron has expended a lot of energy early on to help establish the team, but he wouldn't be surprised if that energy tails off on the back half of the season. Again, really hard to to think he's not speaking for LeBron here..
Hye4life
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2019 10:28 am    Post subject:

I'm actually paying close attention to the Pistons. I would want D. Rose and M. Morris (both would fill a need on this team). We would have to probably give up Kuzma, THT, Daniels and Dudley.

How do you all feel about D. Rose as being the shot creator and microwave for the second unit and markieff Morris playing behind Lebron?
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2019 10:34 am    Post subject:

Hye4life wrote:
I'm actually paying close attention to the Pistons. I would want D. Rose and M. Morris (both would fill a need on this team). We would have to probably give up Kuzma, THT, Daniels and Dudley.

How do you all feel about D. Rose as being the shot creator and microwave for the second unit and markieff Morris playing behind Lebron?

No to THT. I think he may be something intriguing to build on.
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2019 10:35 am    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
Was listening to Windhorst on the Bill Simmons podcast (which I still listen to for some reason) and he let out a little nugget. Windhorst is very connected to LeBron and his camp still, so when he's talking about him, it's hard not to think he's speaking for him. He was gushing over Danny Green and how LeBron has never had such a great 3&D guy (he was not that good when he first played with him) and then said: "this is why I think Kuzma is struggling. People are talking about Kuzma's stats and the most important stat is minutes played... because Vogel doesn't think he's a good fit." Doesn't sound like a pure conjecture there...

They went on to discuss how Kuz is a strong trade candidate and Windhorst thinks Kuz for Bogdanovich would be deadly for the Lakers.

Windhorst also talked about how the Lakers really need another wing defender because they cannot ask LeBron to do that. He said that LeBron has expended a lot of energy early on to help establish the team, but he wouldn't be surprised if that energy tails off on the back half of the season. Again, really hard to to think he's not speaking for LeBron here..

I mean injuries aside, the numbers don't lie.

https://mobile.twitter.com/NBA_Math/status/1205166672241278976

Kuz having a hard time fitting in and signing with CAA instead of Klutch probably did him in.

Either way, dude makes 2m, so like Shaq would say, which 'Vic are we talking about? Utah’s Bojan (17m deal) or Sac’s Bogdan (8.5m)? I doubt a western conference foe helps us, but if its Bojan, you need 12m in aggregated salary and only Green/Kuz makes sense since Kcp most likely blocks the trade. But if it’s Bogdan then we only need an additional 2.8m to aggregate with Kuz's deal and adding Cook gets a deal done.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2019 10:35 am    Post subject:

Hye4life wrote:

Definitely worth considering although I don't know enough about how Markieff has looked. But there will be three playoff spots up for grabs to sub .500 teams in the East and I don't see them giving up on that by the deadline.
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2019 10:38 am    Post subject:

I would trade Kuzma befor THT. Guys with that type of athletic profile and handles are not easy to find.
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2019 10:39 am    Post subject:

Hye4life wrote:

I love it! I wanted D.Rose in the summer. Only thing with Morris is that he has a recurring cervical injury and that (bleep) no joke. But I think dude is still with Klutch. I would much prefer his brother tho, but dude left Rich for another agency and wants to stay in NY cause it’s closer to his hometown in North Philly. But if dude came loose somehow via buyout then he’d be a great get for us as Bron insurance.

Yes to D.Rose tho, but we’d really be selling low on Kuz.

Last edited by vasashi17+ on Fri Dec 13, 2019 10:42 am; edited 1 time in total
scout0_0
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2019 10:40 am    Post subject:

Kuzma + Bradley for Coby White & Thad Young
Hye4life
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2019 10:41 am    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
Hye4life wrote:

Definitely worth considering although I don't know enough about how Markieff has looked. But there will be three playoff spots up for grabs to sub .500 teams in the East and I don't see them giving up on that by the deadline.

This is why I am following the Pistons and rooting for them to lose.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2019 10:42 am    Post subject:

scout0_0 wrote:

Why would Chicago give up on Coby already? They missed on Kobe...
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

scout0_0 wrote:

Didn't know bars opened this early
Hye4life
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

LakerLogic wrote:
I would trade Kuzma befor THT. Guys with that type of athletic profile and handles are not easy to find.

We might be able to add Cook+ 2nd instead of THT.

Last edited by Hye4life on Fri Dec 13, 2019 10:45 am; edited 1 time in total
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2019 10:44 am    Post subject:

I think we're all getting a little too excited about THT. He should not be off the table for a player that can help the team win a title.
Hye4life
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2019 10:45 am    Post subject:

vasashi17+ wrote:
Hye4life wrote:

I love it! I wanted D.Rose in the summer. Only thing with Morris is that he has a recurring cervical injury and that (bleep) no joke. But I think dude is still with Klutch. I would much prefer his brother tho, but dude left Rich for another agency and wants to stay in NY cause it’s closer to his hometown in North Philly. But if dude came loose somehow via buyout then he’d be a great get for us as Bron insurance.

Yes to D.Rose tho, but we’d really be selling low on Kuz.

Lineup would look like

Bradley/Rose/Rondo
Green/Caruso/Cook
Lebron/Morris/KCP
Davis/Morris
McGee/Howard/Cousins
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2019 10:46 am    Post subject:

we should be drawing up some Caruso or Rondo pick and rolls with Kuzma to help get him back involved into the offense.
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2019 10:46 am    Post subject:

The thing about our 2nds is that the closest one we can trade is 2023.

And FYI: we can’t trade our 1st this year or any future 1st at the deadline since the Stepien rule eliminates all future picks till 2027.

If you’re a cap enthusiast like I am, it’s going to be hard creating trades with absolutely no future outgoing 1sts on our end and salary aggregation limited by defacto no trade clauses belonging to Kcp, McGee and Rondo.

As a result, our best bet is the buyout market.
laker50
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2019 10:50 am    Post subject:

Right now with the Lakers 22-3 wouldn't make any move with the roster
for it might ruin chemistry. No sense fix what is not broken.
Only way to improve is to use Cousins disabled player exception but
that might not be the direction that the FO is going.
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2019 10:51 am    Post subject:

Kuz-centered package for Bogdonavic is the type of move we need to make. I wonder how Luke feels about Kuz?
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2019 10:52 am    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
I think we're all getting a little too excited about THT. He should not be off the table for a player that can help the team win a title.

But for Rose and someone who may have recurring injuries? Nah. Plus THT is Klutch.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2019 10:53 am    Post subject:

vasashi17+ wrote:
The thing about our 2nds is that the closest one we can trade is 2023.

And FYI: we can’t trade our 1st this year or any future 1st at the deadline since the Stepien rule eliminates all future picks till 2027.

If you’re a cap enthusiast like I am, it’s going to be hard creating trades with absolutely no future outgoing 1sts on our end and salary aggregation limited by defacto no trade clauses belonging to Kcp, McGee and Rondo.

As a result, our best bet is the buyout market.

Welcome to the board. I love talking about the cap and stuff.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 3883, 3884, 3885 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 3884 of 8560
Jump to: