OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 3881, 3882, 3883 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 7:13 pm    Post subject:

dcastillo wrote:
I know the play in 2021 offseason is Greak Freak but if they doesn’t happened what do you guys think about going after Olidipo or Drummond?

Love Olidipo
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 7:13 pm    Post subject:

Laker_Dynasty_01 wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Laker_Dynasty_01 wrote:
levon wrote:
Laker_Dynasty_01 wrote:

During the past three seasons, after about 15-20 games into the season his 3P% drops to around 34% during the remaining games. Teams will help off him every time, if this happens again.

In any event, RoCo would also lose his starting role, and some minutes. He and Green can't dribble, and KCP is often a walking disaster with the ball, so playing any of them together would be a problem.

Re: RoCo losing his starting spot, while that may be true initially, Green doesn't play a lot of minutes and usually picks up a few quick fouls being aggressive at the start of games. RoCo also starts at the 4 for Minny today. Obviously that wouldn't work on the Lakers, but it allows for extremely intriguing lineups.

Like say:
Lebron/Rondo
Caruso/AB
Green
Covington
AD

I'd much rather have go small with RoCo than have Kuzma at any position tbh.

It would improve our defense against most teams, especially when AD plays more at the 5 in the playoffs. But our offense would suffer and Covington wouldn't be starting for the first time in years.

However, teams who are big at the 4/5 could be a problem. If RoCo guards the wing, LeBron is guarding the PF, something he doesn't like to do.

My hope is, try to develop Kuzma this year and if we don't like the long-term look of him with the team, he can be traded in the offseason with our first rounder. Possibly with Green thrown in as ballast.

Not sure if trading for RoCo would be selling high, and with his added salary plus the possible addition of a buyout or two, we might lose our MLE. I just don't see wings hurting us right now enough to make a rushed trade.

the regular season cannot be the guide to strategizing post season success...you know how I mean that? - we have a competition with 3 to 4 teams in this league, success vs them is how to guide strategy. We need wing defenders for those teams. Roco on Giannis, Kawhi, and Harden - is crucial.

If we put RoCo on Harden, we're setting up a wall behind them anyway. Harden could take him off the dribble, just don't see bigger wings on Harden too often. Making Harden change direction multiple times is the goal.

Giannis would require a five-man effort no matter who is on him, and at this point in his career, if he shoots over someone like Green/Dudley, I say let him go for it.

Kawhi would be wise not to go for 40 and let PG/Lou/Trez share the load. We'd play them in the Conference Finals, most likely. With a high seed there's better-than-even chance the Rockets and Clippers have to go through each other.

Team defense is needed for every great offensive player, but that’s never negated the importance of a great 1v1 defender on them.
Certain matchups are just food for great offensive players , we have no wings that those skilled offensive players won’t lick their chops at. Covington on George is also advantageous , length contesting a quick trigger shooter is necessary
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 7:14 pm    Post subject:

LBJ/AD can shut down those wings in the playoffs.
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 7:15 pm    Post subject:

LakerLogic wrote:

That’s what we’re banking on
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 7:15 pm    Post subject:

LakerLogic wrote:

Wanting 35year old Lebron to play his best defense at the end of the season, while having his highest creation burden of his career - not a good strategy imo
Laker_Dynasty_01
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 7:21 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Laker_Dynasty_01 wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Laker_Dynasty_01 wrote:
levon wrote:
Laker_Dynasty_01 wrote:

During the past three seasons, after about 15-20 games into the season his 3P% drops to around 34% during the remaining games. Teams will help off him every time, if this happens again.

In any event, RoCo would also lose his starting role, and some minutes. He and Green can't dribble, and KCP is often a walking disaster with the ball, so playing any of them together would be a problem.

Re: RoCo losing his starting spot, while that may be true initially, Green doesn't play a lot of minutes and usually picks up a few quick fouls being aggressive at the start of games. RoCo also starts at the 4 for Minny today. Obviously that wouldn't work on the Lakers, but it allows for extremely intriguing lineups.

Like say:
Lebron/Rondo
Caruso/AB
Green
Covington
AD

It would improve our defense against most teams, especially when AD plays more at the 5 in the playoffs. But our offense would suffer and Covington wouldn't be starting for the first time in years.

However, teams who are big at the 4/5 could be a problem. If RoCo guards the wing, LeBron is guarding the PF, something he doesn't like to do.

My hope is, try to develop Kuzma this year and if we don't like the long-term look of him with the team, he can be traded in the offseason with our first rounder. Possibly with Green thrown in as ballast.

Not sure if trading for RoCo would be selling high, and with his added salary plus the possible addition of a buyout or two, we might lose our MLE. I just don't see wings hurting us right now enough to make a rushed trade.

the regular season cannot be the guide to strategizing post season success...you know how I mean that? - we have a competition with 3 to 4 teams in this league, success vs them is how to guide strategy. We need wing defenders for those teams. Roco on Giannis, Kawhi, and Harden - is crucial.

If we put RoCo on Harden, we're setting up a wall behind them anyway. Harden could take him off the dribble, just don't see bigger wings on Harden too often. Making Harden change direction multiple times is the goal.

Giannis would require a five-man effort no matter who is on him, and at this point in his career, if he shoots over someone like Green/Dudley, I say let him go for it.

Kawhi would be wise not to go for 40 and let PG/Lou/Trez share the load. We'd play them in the Conference Finals, most likely. With a high seed there's better-than-even chance the Rockets and Clippers have to go through each other.

Team defense is needed for every great offensive player, but that’s never negated the importance of a great 1v1 defender on them.
Certain matchups are just food for great offensive players , we have no wings that those skilled offensive players won’t lick their chops at. Covington on George is also advantageous , length contesting a quick trigger shooter is necessary

Covington would help vs the Clippers, but sacrificing Kuzma to benefit our defense against a handful of teams could mean more minutes for Lebron and AD during the regular season, some possibly out of position. Kuzma is instant offense, his recent sprained ankle and subsequent poor play may be lowering his value in some observers' estimations.
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 7:22 pm    Post subject:

LakerLogic wrote:

That will be the key down the stretch. But if we put them like in the first quarter, they can get into foul trouble. We can definitely put schemes to limit one player . It will be an advantage for us to we have someone like Covington. He can stick to one of them and slow him down and putting a scheme to limit the other one .
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 7:22 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
LakerLogic wrote:

Wanting 35year old Lebron to play his best defense at the end of the season, while having his highest creation burden of his career - not a good strategy imo

They said he couldn't play like a top 3 player anymore, he's doing that.
They said he wouldn't defend anymore, he's doing that.
I wouldn't doubt what he is capable of.

Plus we don't need Lebron to be a lock down defender. We need Davis, Mcgee and Howard to dominate the paint and the perimeter guys like Green, Bradley, KCP, Caruso to funnel to the big men. This team can make it work. No team is built without flaws. I think we can win with what we have.
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 7:24 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
LakerLogic wrote:

Dude is throwing 60 foot post-entry passes, he is load-managing just fine and will probably get a nice break at the end of the regular season.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 7:27 pm    Post subject:

Laker_Dynasty_01 wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Laker_Dynasty_01 wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Laker_Dynasty_01 wrote:
levon wrote:
Laker_Dynasty_01 wrote:

Like say:
Lebron/Rondo
Caruso/AB
Green
Covington
AD

Covington would help vs the Clippers, but sacrificing Kuzma to benefit our defense against a handful of teams could mean more minutes for Lebron and AD during the regular season, some possibly out of position. Kuzma is instant offense, his recent sprained ankle and subsequent poor play may be lowering his value in some observers' estimations.

I don't think the Lakers know how to optimize Kuz, and Kuz also doesn't know how to optimize himself, because his game doesn't have an identity....he was a blank slate coming into the league and still is. He's just been floating around out there because he doesn't know how to get his offense going, or if the team wants him to ISO, or if he's good at it. playing next to 2 big men also hurts his space for cuts and drives. His defense is also liable to give up as much as he scores....even if his defense has improved to meh; if you get hunted in this league as a meh defender teams will score and make you look below par...great offense beats meh defense.
A 1v1 wing defender is very important for us... I'll take that bird in hand over the question marks with Kuz.
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 7:28 pm    Post subject:

Kuzma has a poor 1st step and handles, hard for him to create shots for himself.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 7:29 pm    Post subject:

defense wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
LakerLogic wrote:

Plus we don't need Lebron to be a lock down defender. We need Davis, Mcgee and Howard to dominate the paint and the perimeter guys like Green, Bradley, KCP, Caruso to funnel to the big men. This team can make it work. No team is built without flaws. I think we can win with what we have.

I don't doubt that Bron can be the best player in the league.. - But there are still realistic limits within greatness. Best player in the league today isn't without flaws...
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 7:36 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
defense wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
LakerLogic wrote:

LeBron has his flaws. The Lakers have their flaws. Every team has flaws.

Clippers have no defensive post presence and a gimpy star.
Milwaukee is lead by a guy who cant shoot
Philly has a guy who cant shoot and another who's always hurt.
Houston refuses to make adjustments and Westbrick is on the team.

We can beat any team come playoffs.

I don't doubt that Bron can be the best player in the league.. - But there are still realistic limits within greatness. Best player in the league today isn't without flaws...
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 7:56 pm    Post subject:

LakerLogic wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
LakerLogic wrote:

Dude is throwing 60 foot post-entry passes, he is load-managing just fine and will probably get a nice break at the end of the regular season.

Yeah he's not that type of player anymore, even in the playoffs. Did you guys watch him when he was on the Cavs?
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 8:02 pm    Post subject:

"In the playoffs, Lebron can play 40+ minutes running our offense"
"in playoffs, Lebron can shut down the other team's best player"

This is our version of the Da Bears guys on SNL
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 8:04 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
"In the playoffs, Lebron can play 40+ minutes running our offense"
"in playoffs, Lebron can shut down the other team's best player"

This is our version of the Da Bears guys on SNL

LakersARETheGOAT
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 8:06 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
LakerLogic wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
LakerLogic wrote:

Yeah he's not that type of player anymore, even in the playoffs. Did you guys watch him when he was on the Cavs?

I mean both of his superstar teammates were injured then one asked for a trade, nobody expected him to play at a high level with those rosters. shoot even last year he shouldn’t have said playoff mode activated or whatever he said after he returned, there was no need to go hard because everybody was injured once again.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 8:09 pm    Post subject:

LakersARETheGOAT wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
LakerLogic wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
LakerLogic wrote:

I mean both of his superstar teammates were injured then one asked for a trade, nobody expected him to play at a high level with those rosters. shoot even last year he shouldn’t have said playoff mode activated or whatever he said after he returned, there was no need to go hard because everybody was injured once again.

He doesn't have that kind of energy anymore. Do people think his in-game load management is stores of energy that gets saved for the playoffs? That's how he gets through a whole game. He's gonna be playing more minutes in the playoffs, going against defenses that have actually had time to watch tape and scheme against him (which is why we need another playmaker on this team). He's going to have even less energy for defense than he does now. In crunch time, yeah maybe he guards the best player, but not the other 35-40 minutes that guy will be playing.
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 8:15 pm    Post subject:

LakersARETheGOAT wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
LakerLogic wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
LakerLogic wrote:

Yeah...why go hard when you’ve signed a 150 million dollar contract? Lol

Last edited by LaLaLakeShow on Thu Dec 12, 2019 8:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mamba81
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 8:15 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
LakersARETheGOAT wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
LakerLogic wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
LakerLogic wrote:

He doesn't have that kind of energy anymore. Do people think his in-game load management is stores of energy that gets saved for the playoffs? That's how he gets through a whole game. He's gonna be playing more minutes in the playoffs, going against defenses that have actually had time to watch tape and scheme against him (which is why we need another playmaker on this team). He's going to have even less energy for defense than he does now. In crunch time, yeah maybe he guards the best player, but not the other 35-40 minutes that guy will be playing.

real talk that's why i feel like we need a sf and a pg thats better than rondo. i would make green kuzma rondo cook avaliable for trade and get a pg in return. then iguodala on buy out if possible or something!!
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 8:16 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
LakersARETheGOAT wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
LakerLogic wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
LakerLogic wrote:

I’m sure Pelinka will bring in another ball handler somehow
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 8:49 pm    Post subject:

Is Clarkson outside of our pay-range?
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 8:52 pm    Post subject:

levon wrote:

I strongly doubt LeBron wants to be reunited with "Jordan Crawford"
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 8:56 pm    Post subject:

levon wrote:

Let’s hope so
AY2043
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:35 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
levon wrote:

I strongly doubt LeBron wants to be reunited with "Jordan Crawford"

Speaking of “Crawford”s, might as well just sing Jamal for the minimum. Probably rather have him than Clarkson.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 3881, 3882, 3883 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 3882 of 8560
Jump to: