OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 3849, 3850, 3851 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:36 am    Post subject:

cital wrote:
The only trade I can think of is Kuzma, Cook, and either Daniels OR Dudley for Covington.

Covington is just a better defensive player. But I still think Kuzma has not reach his potential. Kuzma's problem right now is mental. I think the last couple weeks he got his eyes poked 2-3 times and then rolled his ankle.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:37 am    Post subject:

cital wrote:
The only trade I can think of is Kuzma, Cook, and either Daniels OR Dudley for Covington.

Covington is a perfect SF/PF bench fit but I don't trade Kuzma for him unless something else came back.. Kuz, playing like trash, is putting up similar offensive stats and PER in 5mpg less.

Maybe it's wishful thinking but I think he's worth more than just Covington. My hope is he can give us 18ppg on decent efficiency but be a player that other teams have to game plan for defensively.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:50 am    Post subject:

A Rockets source is optimistic that the NBA office will take action regarding James Harden's dunk that didn't count, either awarding the win to Houston or ordering that the final 7:50 be replayed because the Rockets outscored the Spurs in regulation. The Rockets believe a protest might not be necessary but will prepare to file one if the league office does not take action.

https://twitter.com/espn_macmahon/status/1202105097746034689

Footage of the dunk (which went all the way in but swung back out … weirdly)

https://streamable.com/oj8su

Also ... LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL
PayasoLoco
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 3:03 am    Post subject:

Jimmy butler would have been a great 3rd star to sign
PayasoLoco
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 3:04 am    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
cital wrote:

Covington is a perfect SF/PF bench fit but I don't trade Kuzma for him unless something else came back.. Kuz, playing like trash, is putting up similar offensive stats and PER in 5mpg less.

Maybe it's wishful thinking but I think he's worth more than just Covington. My hope is he can give us 18ppg on decent efficiency but be a player that other teams have to game plan for defensively.

Covington elite 3&D player, kuzma average bench player
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 3:09 am    Post subject:

drae wrote:
A Rockets source is optimistic that the NBA office will take action regarding James Harden's dunk that didn't count, either awarding the win to Houston or ordering that the final 7:50 be replayed because the Rockets outscored the Spurs in regulation. The Rockets believe a protest might not be necessary but will prepare to file one if the league office does not take action.

https://twitter.com/espn_macmahon/status/1202105097746034689

Footage of the dunk (which went all the way in but swung back out … weirdly)

https://streamable.com/oj8su

Also ... LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

That would be incredibly dumb. The Rockets got more than a few bad calls their way that netted them more than the two points they lost (Westbrook backcourt violation that was missed that lead to a basket to end the third as one example). They want the league to reverse an incredible game because of one missed call? Lmao.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 3:50 am    Post subject:

So far, the best (and most realistic) trade idea for Kuzma I've seen on here was the one where the poster mentioned Bogdan Bogdanovich of the Kings, and then I expanded on that with my thoughts on Bogdan. The more I think about it, I think there's a good chance that they move him. They couldn't work out an extension this past offseason before the deadline (apparently they wanted to give him something like $50MM over 4 years), and they might be hesitant to commit something like $15-18MM a year to another guard. Keep in mind that they will likely extend Fox before next season begins (the new big-money deal would go into effect in '21-22), they've already extended Buddy Hield for big money (that goes into effect next season), and they also have Cory Joseph on their books for $12.5MM next season. Even if you eliminate Joseph from the equation, if they re-signed Bogdan, they would be looking at big expenditures for three guards going forward. If they could get a player like Kuzma, who is cheap for another year and who plays a different position, and who Luke is familiar with, perhaps they would at least consider it.

Besides the filler contract to complete such a deal like Daniels or Cook or something, I think it's likely we'd have to give more to make a deal work. A second round pick or two, even if those are a few years into the future? How high is the organization on THT? Remember, if you got Bogdan, you could theoretically have 5 years of team control on him (the rest of this season plus a new 4-year deal, with matching rights), and with Kuzma it would be 6 years of team control, since he still has another season to go before he hits restricted free agency. As I said, I don't think there's any question that he is much better than Kuzma right now, not to mention a better fit for our team. I just wonder what the Kings could get for him. Maybe a team is willing to give up a 1st rounder for him. Even if they were, it wouldn't be a lottery pick, and I wonder if something like Kuzma and THT would be more preferable to the Kings than a 1st round pick in the 20's. Realistically, Kuz and THT are our only two assets that teams may want in a trade, as future 2nd's are fringe assets. Is getting Bojan worth giving up both Kuz and THT? My gut call is yes, but I know some are quite high on THT. I think he was a great pick where we got him, but I have questions about the shooting and the body type. Anyway, just talking out loud here at 3:50 AM!
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:12 am    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
cital wrote:

He got his 18points by leaking out, moving off ball and by making smart cuts

This year I see a guy who just loafs around 3pt line like he is Klay type shooter. That’s not going to work for him

On top of that He thinks he is too cool to do any dirty work

Maybe it will change but I doubt it
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:27 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
So far, the best (and most realistic) trade idea for Kuzma I've seen on here was the one where the poster mentioned Bogdan Bogdanovich of the Kings, and then I expanded on that with my thoughts on Bogdan. The more I think about it, I think there's a good chance that they move him. They couldn't work out an extension this past offseason before the deadline (apparently they wanted to give him something like $50MM over 4 years), and they might be hesitant to commit something like $15-18MM a year to another guard. Keep in mind that they will likely extend Fox before next season begins (the new big-money deal would go into effect in '21-22), they've already extended Buddy Hield for big money (that goes into effect next season), and they also have Cory Joseph on their books for $12.5MM next season. Even if you eliminate Joseph from the equation, if they re-signed Bogdan, they would be looking at big expenditures for three guards going forward. If they could get a player like Kuzma, who is cheap for another year and who plays a different position, and who Luke is familiar with, perhaps they would at least consider it.

Besides the filler contract to complete such a deal like Daniels or Cook or something, I think it's likely we'd have to give more to make a deal work. A second round pick or two, even if those are a few years into the future? How high is the organization on THT? Remember, if you got Bogdan, you could theoretically have 5 years of team control on him (the rest of this season plus a new 4-year deal, with matching rights), and with Kuzma it would be 6 years of team control, since he still has another season to go before he hits restricted free agency. As I said, I don't think there's any question that he is much better than Kuzma right now, not to mention a better fit for our team. I just wonder what the Kings could get for him. Maybe a team is willing to give up a 1st rounder for him. Even if they were, it wouldn't be a lottery pick, and I wonder if something like Kuzma and THT would be more preferable to the Kings than a 1st round pick in the 20's. Realistically, Kuz and THT are our only two assets that teams may want in a trade, as future 2nd's are fringe assets. Is getting Bojan worth giving up both Kuz and THT? My gut call is yes, but I know some are quite high on THT. I think he was a great pick where we got him, but I have questions about the shooting and the body type. Anyway, just talking out loud here at 3:50 AM!

still gotta resign Dwight too, not sure we got space big enough for Bogdan this summer
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:33 am    Post subject:

i really hope Lakers go all in this year for a title. this team is really close, just need that 3rd star, doesn't even have to be an all star, but any consistent 15 pt scorer at a SF spot will do. i really hope lakers can learn a lesson or two from the dodgers, they were close to a title too, but the front office was kind of gun shy at trade deadline not gone all in.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:33 am    Post subject:

Didn't realize Bogdan is already 27 years old!

He's also making close to 9m, so which players would have to be aggregated for him?
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:48 am    Post subject:

Kuz has been exposed. he never really have that one go to move or specialty in his game. he scores a bunch because he's streaky and he capitalizes on broken plays more often than not. i wouldn't call that a skill. he reminds me of cedric ceballos, who can score but you can't really pinpoint what his main offensive weapon is.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:51 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

He's also making close to 9m, so which players would have to be aggregated for him?

If we trade kuzma I prefer a guy on a rookie deal or a young guy like d Murray with an awesome contract
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:54 am    Post subject:

SGV-Laker fan wrote:
i really hope Lakers go all in this year for a title. this team is really close, just need that 3rd star, doesn't even have to be an all star, but any consistent 15 pt scorer at a SF spot will do. i really hope lakers can learn a lesson or two from the dodgers, they were close to a title too, but the front office was kind of gun shy at trade deadline not gone all in.

Team has very good chemistry right now. Not sure you want to start throwing names out there for trades and ruined that. It will also be multiple names thrown out there if it happens, cause Kuz alone won't get you enough for that 3rd guy you looking for.

Best way is the buyout market. See if there's anyone out there.
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:58 am    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
SGV-Laker fan wrote:

Team has very good chemistry right now. Not sure you want to start throwing names out there for trades and ruined that. It will also be multiple names thrown out there if it happens, cause Kuz alone won't get you enough for that 3rd guy you looking for.

i don't think Kuz is one of the glue guys the team will sorely missed if gets traded. he's more like a teacher's pet, but in this case the teacher is jeannie buss LOL
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:59 am    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

If we trade kuzma I prefer a guy on a rookie deal or a young guy like d Murray with an awesome contract

I don't think you're getting that caliber of player for Kuz.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:01 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

U never know which Gm likes him, need only 1
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:03 am    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

First. It's Popovich.

Second, wasn't Murray all-defense?

I know Pop liked Kuz on the team, but he seems like precisely the type of player he doesn't like (and he already has LMA).
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:05 am    Post subject:

SGV-Laker fan wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
SGV-Laker fan wrote:

i don't think Kuz is one of the glue guys the team will sorely missed if gets traded. he's more like a teacher's pet, but in this case the teacher is jeannie buss LOL

What makes it harder is cause of Kuz contract. Lakers will need to throw in a bunch of other guys to fill in a deal. They might not miss Kuz alone, but you throw in 1-3 other players. That's a different story.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:42 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

First. It's Popovich.

I know Pop liked Kuz on the team, but he seems like precisely the type of player he doesn't like (and he already has LMA).

U missed my point where I said : a guy like Murray?
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:46 am    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

First. It's Popovich.

Sure. But it applies across the spectrum. If you're trying to get an all-defense level player, Kuz isn't nearly enough for that.
Bard207
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:03 am    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

First. It's Popovich.

Do you have a list of other players that meet your standards/expectations of like Murray?
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:22 am    Post subject:

Bard207 wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

First. It's Popovich.

Do you have a list of other players that meet your standards/expectations of like Murray?

Lonzo
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:43 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

First. It's Popovich.

Sure. But it applies across the spectrum. If you're trying to get an all-defense level player, Kuz isn't nearly enough for that.

Dude read my post. I said a younger guy like Murray who is on an awesome contract.
Young guy
Awesome contract preferably rookie or his were used as examples

Were the 2 key points.
Joe Pesci
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:55 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

Kuzma, Daniels, Dudley, and Horton-Tucker for Bogdanovic works salary wise, but the Kings would have to release a slew of players to make it work, but, more importantly, why would the Kings want Kuzma when they have Bjelica and Bagley?

If the reasoning is that the Kings at some point will just take anything of value for Bogdanovic because he'll be leaving for nothing, I get it, but as valuable as a player like Bogdanovic is in today's NBA, I can't help but think some other team or teams will outbid the Lakers' offer of Kuzma and Tucker.

With Bjelica and Bagley, the Kings just don't need Kuzma. He's cheap, yeah, but Kuzma would struggle to see the floor.

Bogdanovic would be a super-duper get for the Lakers, but the Kings have zero need for Kuzma, and that has to matter in trade proposals.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 3849, 3850, 3851 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 3850 of 8560
Jump to: