OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 3701, 3702, 3703 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LAL1947
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:37 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Nice LAL1947, I like Bembry, didn't know he had defensive chops. Dunno how we'd trade for him.. but he'd be a fun addition

Thanks! He'd definitely be a fun addition and fills our main need almost exactly, I think. I'd be willing to give up any combo of THT, Norvell, KCP, Boogie, Daniels, Caruso to bring him in.

Don't you wish there was someone on the forum with an inside line to Rob or the FO, or even agents? All of you with Twitter/Instagram need to send Bembry and his agent tweets saying... the Lakers need an SF, you're an SF, make it happen! I think any player on a rebuilding team would jump at the opportunity to join a contender.

Last edited by LAL1947 on Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:43 pm    Post subject:

JUST-MING wrote:
There are no minutes for Bembry at small forward.

Why would his agent put him in position to be buried on the bench behind Lebron James, Anthony Davis and Kyle Kuzma? No one expects Jared Dudley to even see the court, and he’s next in line on the depth chart.

ideally it'd just be about the beneficial piece getting the minutes.. if he can come here and turn up his defense, that'd be a piece we don't have. and his shooting form isn't bad, he won't have gravity but maybe he can hit 1/3 open
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:59 pm    Post subject:

I can't wait for Dudley to kill it as our backup 4.
LAL1947
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:02 pm    Post subject:

JUST-MING wrote:
Do the math: If Lebron James, Anthony Davis and Kyle Kuzma each play 32 minutes at forward, with a total of 48 minutes at each forward position, how many minutes are left? The answer is none.

The only minutes available at forward would be in the event of an injury (or rest.)

You want Dudley guarding Kawhi or PG at any point of a playoff game? What happens if an injury actually occurs and during playoff time, let's say to LeBron... since he's the oldest of the starters. Dudley is a PF at this point in his career and can be a valuable 5th forward... but I'd rather have a capable SF backup to LeBron as the 4th forward... and I'd prefer if the coach figure out a way get him into the rotation because the grand prize is the title, and not to have 32 minutes each.

Last edited by LAL1947 on Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:02 pm    Post subject:

Best lineup next year:

Alex
Danny
Lebron
Jared
Anthony
Bard207
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:25 pm    Post subject:

JUST-MING wrote:
Do the math: If Lebron James, Anthony Davis and Kyle Kuzma each play 32 minutes at forward, with a total of 48 minutes at each forward position, how many minutes are left? The answer is none.

The only minutes available at forward would be in the event of an injury (or rest.)

McGee (31), Howard (32)
Davis (26), Dudley (34)
LeBron (34), Kuzma (24), Green (32)

There are enough older forwards and centers that it wouldn't be a surprise if at least one of them has an injury or needed rest. If Green has to play more minutes at SF than planned, then that means more minutes for KCP or Cook or Bradley or Daniels at SG.

Last edited by Bard207 on Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:15 am; edited 1 time in total
LAL1947
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:12 am    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Nice LAL1947, I like Bembry, didn't know he had defensive chops. Dunno how we'd trade for him.. but he'd be a fun addition

By the way, the video also shows him defending Kawhi at 1:18.

The more I think about it, the more I like Bembry's fit at SF for us. He's good at driving past defenders to the hoop and going off on fast breaks too, things we are sorta lacking... and since he's not a purely defensive SF like Stanley Johnson, we wouldn't be as screwed as we would be now if LBJ gets hurt.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:33 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Best lineup next year:

Alex
Danny
Lebron
Jared
Anthony

Hater
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:17 am    Post subject:

audioaxes wrote:
we have waaay too many guards

Bradley
Green
Caruso
KCP
Cook
Daniels
Rondo

even if you DNP Daniels and Rondo there's not enough minutes to go around. My thoughts are that Green should stagger with Lebron to cover as many SF minutes as possible when Lebron is not in the game. Additionally Lebron and AD need to stagger minutes so that atleast one of them is on the court for as much as possible.

Yup. I had a thread about this topic. Only Green is able to play SF IMO. THT is also a guard so we have 8 guards, 96 minutes at that position. There are going to be a few players racking up DNPs. Poor construction when we had a gaping hole at big-wing defender.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:18 am    Post subject:

JUST-MING wrote:

That's the issue. Injuries. If LBJ is down, and say they start Kuz, who is the backup "SF?"
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:23 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
JUST-MING wrote:

That's the issue. Injuries. If LBJ is down, and say they start Kuz, who is the backup "SF?"

Iggy would patch over so many roster flaws.
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:59 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
JUST-MING wrote:

KCP. Daniels. Would be nice if we actually had a NBA caliber wing on one of our 2 ways.

My minute break down would be

McGee-20/Dwight-20/AD-8
AD-26/Kuz-22
LeBron-32/Kuz-8/KCP-8
Danny-28/KCP-12/Cook-8
Bradley-28/Caruso-20

Rondo, Daniels, Dudley, THT out of rotation.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:29 am    Post subject:

dcarter4kobe wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
JUST-MING wrote:

KCP. Daniels. Would be nice if we actually had a NBA caliber wing on one of our 2 ways.

My minute break down would be

McGee-20/Dwight-20/AD-8
AD-26/Kuz-22
LeBron-32/Kuz-8/KCP-8
Danny-28/KCP-12/Cook-8
Bradley-28/Caruso-20

Rondo, Daniels, Dudley, THT out of rotation.

KCP gets destroyed routinely by bigger "SGs" like DROZ. He is not a dependable stop gap at SF at all. Daniels is a small "6'4" and can't defend guards let alone SFs. We have a gaping hole at SF if LBJ goes down. Like we are fracked.
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:43 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Best lineup next year:

Alex
Danny
Lebron
Jared
Anthony

Carmelo Anthony? I am sure that was joke, right? You can't be serious.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:55 am    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:
epak wrote:
Best lineup next year:

Alex
Danny
Lebron
Jared
Anthony

Carmelo Anthony? I am sure that was joke, right? You can't be serious.

Anthony Davis
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:59 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
I can't wait for Dudley to kill it as our backup 4.

pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:03 am    Post subject:

Quote:
The Athletic’s Frank Isola said on SiriusXMNBA, “From what I’m hearing, Detroit is the favorite to land Joe Johnson.” (Twitter link)

That may leave Anthony for the Nets, who suddenly have a depth issue at forward. In addition to playing without Kevin Durant, who may be sidelined for the entire season,
Brooklyn lost Wilson Chandler to a 25-game PED suspension and Rodions Kurucs may be suspended as well over domestic violence allegations.... via hoopshype.com
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:16 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Best lineup next year:

Alex
Danny
Lebron
Jared
Anthony

Best for who?
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:18 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
JUST-MING wrote:

If LBJ goes down, we're screwed, Iggy or no. He's a unicorn. Ditto Davis.

Same if Portland loses Dame, or Milwaukee loses Giannis, or the Clippers lose Kawhi, or the Dubs lose Steph, or the Sixers lose Embiid . . .

Yes, it's good to have depth so that guys can get a breather every now and then, but if "The Man" gets hurt and ain't out there 36-40 minutes in a playoff game or misses a big chunk of games, there's no backup capable of doing what they do, so obsessing over it is pointless.

Yes, we have 8 guards today. The likelihood of us still having 8 on January 15 is remote. Rosters are fluid.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:43 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
audioaxes wrote:
we have waaay too many guards

Bradley
Green
Caruso
KCP
Cook
Daniels
Rondo

even if you DNP Daniels and Rondo there's not enough minutes to go around. My thoughts are that Green should stagger with Lebron to cover as many SF minutes as possible when Lebron is not in the game. Additionally Lebron and AD need to stagger minutes so that atleast one of them is on the court for as much as possible.

Yup. I had a thread about this topic. Only Green is able to play SF IMO. THT is also a guard so we have 8 guards, 96 minutes at that position. There are going to be a few players racking up DNPs. Poor construction when we had a gaping hole at big-wing defender.

I may be wrong but is Lebron James not the best SF in the league, or one of the top 2 with Kawhi? Then we have Kuzma, who is also naturally a big wing, at SF. Third Dudley, another all wing, who is basically a SF that can play some 4. We have three guys there in Lebron, Kuzma and Dudley that are going to be at SF or PF. They can be SFs in most situations and PFs in others.

This is how I see this team's rotation if the players are healthy

Howard/McGee/Davis
Davis/Dudley/James
James/Kuzma
Green/KCP or Daniels
Bradley/Rondo/Cook or Caruso

The main ??? for me is not big wing. Come playoffs Lebron needs to step up and match up, and he will. On both ends. We won't win squat if Lebron doesn't play like Lebron. Danny Green is a solid defender at 2. Two way. KCP is hit or miss on offense, but can defend. If KCP's shot is off, you gotta go with Daniels when Green sits.

What I question is the point guard position. On both sides. Who is capable to start here and give us some defense, an outside shot, some ballhandling and ability to make initiation passes against pressure. It's anyone guess. We have a nice sniper in Cook for short minutes here. However between Caruso, Rondo, Bradley. Anyone's guess IMO.

If there's criticism for Rob, it's that he did not address the starting PG spot well enough.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:23 am    Post subject:

Remember someone telling me Joe was out of the league because he can no longer play. Well he’s back
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:24 am    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
Quote:
The Athletic’s Frank Isola said on SiriusXMNBA, “From what I’m hearing, Detroit is the favorite to land Joe Johnson.” (Twitter link)

That may leave Anthony for the Nets, who suddenly have a depth issue at forward. In addition to playing without Kevin Durant, who may be sidelined for the entire season,
Brooklyn lost Wilson Chandler to a 25-game PED suspension and Rodions Kurucs may be suspended as well over domestic violence allegations.... via hoopshype.com

Rodions Kurucs did what now?
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:25 am    Post subject:

Joe signed with the pistons
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:59 am    Post subject:

Well according to SI, we have the #3 (LBJ) and #6 (AD) players on the same team.

When's the last time we had two top 10 players? Kobe/Shaq?
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:48 am    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:
Remember someone telling me Joe was out of the league because he can no longer play. Well he’s back

His play against washed up NBA veterans should perfectly translate against guys 20 years younger.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 3701, 3702, 3703 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 3702 of 8560
Jump to: