OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 3684, 3685, 3686 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:43 pm    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Who can be the next 2009 version of Trevor Ariza? Someone we can find out of nowhere...

Justin Anderson?

Best defender available via FA

He signed or on the verge of signing with Washington
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 2:28 pm    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:

How about a roster that looks like:

Lowry or Dragic (MLE)/Caruso/Rondo*
Green/KCP/Bradley/THT
Lebron/Iguodala
AD/Kuzma/Vonleh(?)
McGee/Cousins

Throw in a 1st round pick and that's a contending-ish roster with no long-term salary commitments outside of Lebron, the MLE signing, likely AD, and their 2020 1st round pick.

*I've waived Quinn Cook here because Pelinka in his brilliance gave Rondo a PO and Bradley a fully guaranteed 2nd year, but I'd be fine if they waived Rondo and ate his contract next season in favor of Cook or another SF under the age of 35.

It will be interesting to see if Iggy and Cousins are in the NBA next season.

Iggy has hinted he is getting ready to retire, and I'm not sure he'd come back for a vet minimum contract.

Anyone's guess if Cousin can come back after all the injuries.

Last edited by activeverb on Thu Aug 22, 2019 2:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 2:32 pm    Post subject:

Yeah, it looks like Boogie might be toast. It’s too bad he couldn’t get a chance to show what he can do next to AD and LeBron
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 2:47 pm    Post subject:

LaLaLakeShow wrote:
Yeah, it looks like Boogie might be toast. It’s too bad he couldn’t get a chance to show what he can do next to AD and LeBron

I’m not ready to say he’s done. He was looking pretty good this summer prior to the ACL. He averaged 16 and 8 last year in monitored minutes, after the Achilles and came back after the quad. Danny Manning had 3 ACL’s and continued and medicine is much better now. We’ll have to wait and see but I wouldn’t say he’s done just yet.
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 2:50 pm    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
LaLaLakeShow wrote:

I’m not ready to say he’s done. He was looking pretty good this summer prior to the ACL. He averaged 16 and 8 last year in monitored minutes, after the Achilles and came back after the quad. Danny Manning had 3 ACL’s and continued and medicine is much better now. We’ll have to wait and see but I wouldn’t say he’s done just yet.

Man, I hope your right. Dude lost out on so much guaranteed money, smh
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 2:52 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:

Green/KCP/Bradley/THT
Lebron/Iguodala
AD/Kuzma/Vonleh(?)
McGee/Cousins

Throw in a 1st round pick and that's a contending-ish roster with no long-term salary commitments outside of Lebron, the MLE signing, likely AD, and their 2020 1st round pick.

*I've waived Quinn Cook here because Pelinka in his brilliance gave Rondo a PO and Bradley a fully guaranteed 2nd year, but I'd be fine if they waived Rondo and ate his contract next season in favor of Cook or another SF under the age of 35.

Iggy has hinted he is getting ready to retire, and I'm not sure he'd come back for a vet minimum contract.

And Lowry/Dragic are both long in the tooth and would be joining a team led by 35-year-old Lebron. The Lakers have a narrow contending window and may not have the resources to tool at the margins to even get to the Finals before that window closes. Pelinka really needed to give the team a chance to trade smaller contracts up for talent, but with Green too valuable, KCP/Rondo/McGee having NTCs, and Bradley's second guaranteed year a potential albatross, he really loses what post-trade flexibility he had to tinker around Lebron/AD before 2021.

The team has to win at the margins to get a title (an obvious statement, I know) - maybe that's Caruso and Kuz taking steps forward, THT surprising, picking up older or injury prone players and hoping they have another season of juice in them, hoping for a high-end ring-chaser at MLE, or all of the preceeding. It's so early on that it's hard to predict where that extra marginal value might come from, so we'll see.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:09 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:

Green/KCP/Bradley/THT
Lebron/Iguodala
AD/Kuzma/Vonleh(?)
McGee/Cousins

And Lowry/Dragic are both long in the tooth and would be joining a team led by 35-year-old Lebron. The Lakers have a narrow contending window and may not have the resources to tool at the margins to even get to the Finals before that window closes. Pelinka really needed to give the team a chance to trade smaller contracts up for talent, but with Green too valuable, KCP/Rondo/McGee having NTCs, and Bradley's second guaranteed year a potential albatross, he really loses what post-trade flexibility he had to tinker around Lebron/AD before 2021.

The team has to win at the margins to get a title (an obvious statement, I know) - maybe that's Caruso and Kuz taking steps forward, THT surprising, picking up older or injury prone players and hoping they have another season of juice in them, hoping for a high-end ring-chaser at MLE, or all of the preceeding. It's so early on that it's hard to predict where that extra marginal value might come from, so we'll see.

I think the buyout market will be a fruitful one this year... let's see if guys want to head our way.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 5:20 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:

Green/KCP/Bradley/THT
Lebron/Iguodala
AD/Kuzma/Vonleh(?)
McGee/Cousins

You can always get worked up about the team's imperfections. However, if we just signed one of the available centers and make no other changes, I think we'll be a contending team. If we make a good trade or get a good buyout guy, great; if we don't, I'm fine with what we have.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 5:24 pm    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
LaLaLakeShow wrote:

Let him show if he is done or not somewhere else.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 6:28 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
activeverb wrote:

Green/KCP/Bradley/THT
Lebron/Iguodala
AD/Kuzma/Vonleh(?)
McGee/Cousins

You can always get worked up about the team's imperfections. However, if we just signed one of the available centers and make no other changes, I think we'll be a contending team. If we make a good trade or get a good buyout guy, great; if we don't, I'm fine with what we have.

Was there a particular sentence in my post that stood out as being "worked up?" I'm trying to work on tone as a writer and your comments strike me as odd because that's not what I was trying to convey and I'm curious where the failure in communication occurred.

I think the Lakers will be a contending team given that they have two of the 10 best players in the world on the same team along with arguably the best 3&D role-player in the NBA, but it seems fair to point out that the rest of the roster may not be up to the task of supporting that trio at a championship level and that Lebron will at some point decline due to age.
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 6:36 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
activeverb wrote:

Green/KCP/Bradley/THT
Lebron/Iguodala
AD/Kuzma/Vonleh(?)
McGee/Cousins

Was there a particular sentence in my post that stood out as being "worked up?" I'm trying to work on tone as a writer and your comments strike me as odd because that's not what I was trying to convey and I'm curious where the failure in communication occurred.

I think the Lakers will be a contending team given that they have two of the 10 best players in the world on the same team along with arguably the best 3&D role-player in the NBA, but it seems fair to point out that the rest of the roster may not be up to the task of supporting that trio at a championship level and that Lebron will at some point decline due to age.

I assume the 3rd player you’re referring to is Danny Green. That is a pretty good set of players to build from but you’re right, they will need some other guys to step up big time if we’re gonna find the consistency necessary to take home the trophy this season.
laker50
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2019 5:42 am    Post subject:

Noah seems to be the best bet.
He will not cause team disruptions.
And will play decent defense and passing.
Just need to cover 10 to 20 minutes at most.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2019 6:44 am    Post subject:

laker50 wrote:

I am thinking it would be a risk to think on the low side of these center mpg. I would prefer they focus in on a player more reliable in games played and mpg.

They need a center capable of playing occasionally starter mpg if McGee needs a few games off due to injury or sickness again. Or to absorb those mpg that Davis is nicked or chooses to take a load management game off too.

Way too thin at center for my liking. Adding a couple is not so crazy IMO.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2019 6:47 am    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
laker50 wrote:

I am thinking it would be a risk to think on the low side of these center mpg. I would prefer they focus in on a player more reliable in games played and mpg.

They need a center capable of playing occasionally starter mpg if McGee needs a few games off due to injury or sickness again. Or to absorb those mpg that Davis is nicked or chooses to take a load management game off too.

Way too thin at center for my liking. Adding a couple is not so crazy IMO.

Noah: actually played 40+ games, 16.5mpg last year.
Dwight: played 9 games, coming off surgery (but historically has been somewhat durable).
The Lebrons
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2019 7:06 am    Post subject:

Noah is the clear choice.

Dwight is just a no.

Speights only chance is if all we care about is a 5 that can space the floor (what we were hoping Cousins would do). Given the emphasis on shooting for this roster, I think he's got a shot.
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2019 7:10 am    Post subject:

Wonder when Dwight and Noah are coming in for a workout?
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2019 7:14 am    Post subject:

LaLaLakeShow wrote:
activeverb wrote:
activeverb wrote:

Green/KCP/Bradley/THT
Lebron/Iguodala
AD/Kuzma/Vonleh(?)
McGee/Cousins

I assume the 3rd player you’re referring to is Danny Green. That is a pretty good set of players to build from but you’re right, they will need some other guys to step up big time if we’re gonna find the consistency necessary to take home the trophy this season.

Yes, Green is easily the third best player on the team.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2019 7:18 am    Post subject:

Fair comment.
But I hope you're wrong. Considering Green turns into wallpaper for games on end. Ideally Kuzma will be a better player than him this season. Otherwise, I doubt we make much noise.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2019 7:23 am    Post subject:

I think Kuz will be the 3rd best player for us. just optimistic about his shooting and defense
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2019 7:25 am    Post subject:

It was a general "you," like "you all," not a you specific to you. That's a sentence with a lot of shoes!
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2019 7:28 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:

Fair comment.
But I hope you're wrong. Considering Green turns into wallpaper for games on end. Ideally Kuzma will be a better player than him this season. Otherwise, I doubt we make much noise.

I can't fathom Kuzma being better than Green this season. Maybe if Kuz starts shooting 43% from 3 or something.

Green's defense is elite wallpaper. That's why he'll be the third best player on the team while Kuz gets the hype.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2019 7:29 am    Post subject:

LaLaLakeShow wrote:

My view is we have Lebron and AD and then everyone else. We don't have a "big three" or anything like that. Right now, arbitrarily picking Green or Kuz or whoever as the #3 guy is pretty meaningless. All we need is for the team to come together and do their jobs to support Lebron/AD.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2019 7:29 am    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
I think Kuz will be the 3rd best player for us. just optimistic about his shooting and defense

Right, you're not an RPM guy.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2019 7:30 am    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

Right, you're not an RPM guy.

rpm for me stands for - hit 37%, average 17, and play average defense... and you have a better rpm than Danneh Green
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2019 7:31 am    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

Shooting, I expect results.
The most I can ask from him on defense is effort. Cause his instincts are laughable.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 3684, 3685, 3686 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 3685 of 8560
Jump to: