OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 3674, 3675, 3676 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
laker50
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:56 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
anth2000 wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
This Dwight Howard thing is a ticking time bomb.

Reminder that the wizards new GM told Woj that getting rid of Howard was the quickest move he has done in his life.

Yep, I get it. I think what changes here is that Lebron and AD will have his ear and a say. Wizards were/are in disarray. Not defending the thought of Dwight here but it is a different set of circumstances.

Like Melo, I don’t think Howard has ever been able to understand being a role player in the NBA and do what is asked...

Found this on twitter

Quote:
Dwight Howard got

- MDA fired, Lakers
- Kevin McHale fired, Rockets
- Mike Bud lost his GM job, Hawks
- Rich Cho fired, Clifford left, Hornets
- Ernie Grunfeld fired, Wizards

If the Lakers sign him

Who loses his job first? Pelinka or Vogel?

https://twitter.com/msiarabbitowner/status/1163072223688581121?s=21

Some people are just incapable of change.

Edit: imo he isn’t the only reason for people getting fired, but trouble follows Dwight. We can’t afford any issues tbh.

You are probably right.
Howards history is long with trouble and discord.
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:57 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
Reminder of how much fun this was:

Lebron no longer worst clutch free throw shooter on the team
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:59 am    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
anth2000 wrote:
Why do so many keep going down the same path and expect a different destination?

Howard is a knucklehead! He has not understood his role or had self awareness for a decade. But now he suddenly sees the light?

And some suggestions of “just cut him if he acts the fool again”. Where does that leave the team in the midst of a competitive season? Without a legitimate back up center, trying to repair any chemistry issues he created and looking to find a replacement midseason.

Do not waste the the time on Howard. Even if they chose a center “not as good” but can consistently fit the role and be there for the team it is a much better option.

Desperation causes people to make really bad decisions. This would be another IMO.

Agree and disagree. I do believe in redemption.

I do too but Howard’s chances at self-awareness and redemption ran out about three teams ago.

Howard is who he is. Anyone believing that we would be getting anything else is fooling themselves.

Maybe and I prefer Faried but I also understand wanting another defensive 7 footer versus an undersized big who will get eaten up by Embiid if we make it to June.
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:02 am    Post subject:

I prefer Farris or Noah too.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:04 am    Post subject:

Dreamshake wrote:
Y’all being ok with Howard coming back is even funnier than us having to be cool with Westbrook on the team.

Be careful who you hate I guess.

this is dumb take.
westbrook 170m/4years
dwight @vet minimum who u can cut anytime
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:47 am    Post subject:

deal wrote:
governator wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
I'm looking at Dwight tape from last year and it looks like Mcgee is better...
https://stats.nba.com/player/2730/traditional/ the blue highlighted stats play video from last year, all those possessions. He strolls around on offense. First game against OKC he shows skill, but beyond that.. he looks like a super shell of himself.

I'll look at his blocks too

We looking for McGee's back up I guess

That would be my guess too. Just some extra man power at C. It
makes me wonder if I'd match AD with Howard and have McGee
with Kuz; simply because McGee and AD are better defensively. Then
Close games with McGee and AD...

We'll see.

McGee is probably better. But I would’ve started McGee over Boogie anyways cuz I would’ve run the offense through Boogie and Kuz on the second unit. The. Whoever is playing best, Boogie or Kuz closes the game
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:00 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
Looks like Dwight 2.0

https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania

Quote:
Shams Charania: The Lakers are expected to request permission soon to speak to Dwight Howard and there’s mutual interest between the eight-time All-Star and L.A. in wake of DeMarcus Cousins’ torn ACL, league sources tell @The Athletic @Stadium. – via Twitter ShamsCharania

What will we have to give to Memphis?
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:06 am    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:
RI Laker wrote:
I would sign DH. Either way its a win. If he plays well it understands his role it would be great. It also keeps the other team from getting him and potentially filling their biggest weakness. If he sucks, we as a fan base (and an organization as well) can embarrass him and pay him back for being the knucklehead that he was (is).

Agree 100%. I am ok with a player redeeming himself. Maybe, like Boogie, he has something to prove. I doubt he would consider coming back if he was worried about fan reaction. It could be what he wants to finish his career.

Like Boogie he is damaged goods
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:07 am    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

Reminder that the wizards new GM told Woj that getting rid of Howard was the quickest move he has done in his life.

Vet min signing which you can cut anytime u need too

More likely a trade.
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:07 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
Looks like Dwight 2.0

Quote:
Shams Charania: The Lakers are expected to request permission soon to speak to Dwight Howard and there’s mutual interest between the eight-time All-Star and L.A. in wake of DeMarcus Cousins’ torn ACL, league sources tell @The Athletic @Stadium. – via Twitter ShamsCharania

Ugh
Dreamshake
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:12 am    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
Dreamshake wrote:
Y’all being ok with Howard coming back is even funnier than us having to be cool with Westbrook on the team.

this is dumb take.
westbrook 170m/4years
dwight @vet minimum who u can cut anytime

Yet you will be cheering for him as long as he’s on the team, despite flaming him for years? Right?

#spotontake

Last edited by Dreamshake on Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:21 am; edited 1 time in total
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:14 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
governator wrote:
Looks like Dwight 2.0

Quote:

true, Memphis can play hardball now... trade Boogie for Dwight
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:35 am    Post subject:

Dreamshake wrote:

Who's "you all" and "us"?
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:40 am    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:
I prefer Farris or Noah too.

Noah can't seem to stay healthy. It's a hard no for him.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:47 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
governator wrote:
Looks like Dwight 2.0

Quote:

I don't think we'd be able to come up with matching salaries before Dec. 15.

So most likely, the only way this happens is if Memphis sees no one will trade for Dwight and he's too much bother to keep around so they buy him out.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:51 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
anth2000 wrote:
RI Laker wrote:
I would sign DH. Either way its a win. If he plays well it understands his role it would be great. It also keeps the other team from getting him and potentially filling their biggest weakness. If he sucks, we as a fan base (and an organization as well) can embarrass him and pay him back for being the knucklehead that he was (is).

Agree 100%. I am ok with a player redeeming himself. Maybe, like Boogie, he has something to prove. I doubt he would consider coming back if he was worried about fan reaction. It could be what he wants to finish his career.

Any center who is available at this point is damaged goods.

All the candidates have injury histories, personality issues, are old, are really power forwards, or otherwise have some concerning issue..

There isn't a no-brainer choice. It's just which roll of the dice you favor.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:56 am    Post subject:

Maybe he’ll wear that stupid headband again.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 11:01 am    Post subject:

Why do so many keep going down the same path and expect a different destination?

Howard is a knucklehead! He has not understood his role or had self awareness for a decade. But now he suddenly sees the light?

And some suggestions of “just cut him if he acts the fool again”. Where does that leave the team in the midst of a competitive season? Without a legitimate back up center, trying to repair any chemistry issues he created and looking to find a replacement midseason.

Do not waste the the time on Howard. Even if they chose a center “not as good” but can consistently fit the role and be there for the team it is a much better option.

Desperation causes people to make really bad decisions. This would be another IMO.

I understand your perspective.

Basically, you favor reducing potential risk at the cost of reducing potential upside.

Personally, I'd take on the risk to try to get the upside.
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 11:12 am    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:

Basically, you favor reducing potential risk at the cost of reducing potential upside.

Team Killers tend to kill teams. It’s in the name Lol 😉
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 11:30 am    Post subject:

laker50 wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
anth2000 wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

Yep, I get it. I think what changes here is that Lebron and AD will have his ear and a say. Wizards were/are in disarray. Not defending the thought of Dwight here but it is a different set of circumstances.

Like Melo, I don’t think Howard has ever been able to understand being a role player in the NBA and do what is asked...

Found this on twitter

Quote:
Dwight Howard got

- MDA fired, Lakers

If the Lakers sign him

Edit: imo he isn’t the only reason for people getting fired, but trouble follows Dwight. We can’t afford any issues tbh.

You are probably right.

Howard may have a history of trouble and discord; but in his defense, that list of destruction is quite impressive. Good riddance; I'm not particularly fond of anyone on the list.
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 11:38 am    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:

You’re 100% right...because you think logically and he can help us defensively. 20-24 minutes a game. People need to let go of the past. Geez.
HumanVictoryCigar
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 12:04 pm    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
activeverb wrote:

You’re 100% right...because you think logically and he can help us defensively. 20-24 minutes a game. People need to let go of the past. Geez.

that's the fun part. I'm all for bringing him in and seeing if he's willing to play the right way. His past says no though. Everywhere he goes he talks a good game and then reverts back to pouting and playing the blame game. It's pretty brutal when you have situations like in Atlanta where his teammates celebrated when they got rid of him. That was in 2017. The next year Dwight goes to Charlotte and washes out there as well.
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 12:09 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
anth2000 wrote:
RI Laker wrote:

Any center who is available at this point is damaged goods.

All the candidates have injury histories, personality issues, are old, are really power forwards, or otherwise have some concerning issue..

There isn't a no-brainer choice. It's just which roll of the dice you favor.

Exactly. The selection is limited when dumpster diving.
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 12:10 pm    Post subject:

HumanVictoryCigar wrote:
King Randle wrote:
activeverb wrote:

that's the fun part. I'm all for bringing him in and seeing if he's willing to play the right way. His past says no though. Everywhere he goes he talks a good game and then reverts back to pouting and playing the blame game. It's pretty brutal when you have situations like in Atlanta where his teammates celebrated when they got rid of him. That was in 2017. The next year Dwight goes to Charlotte and washes out there as well.

For real. It’s like dating a f***ing Kardashian (which he very might well do this time).
At some point u gotta be real about who it is your getting in bed with
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 12:12 pm    Post subject:

laker50 wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
anth2000 wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

Found this on twitter

Quote:
Dwight Howard got

- MDA fired, Lakers

If the Lakers sign him

You are probably right.

Honestly, I think those days are gone. Why would we care if he acts up? You just cut him. He got away with some of those things because he was Superman in his prime. I think him coming out saying his ego is dead was the truth. Unless he's not too bright, he should know this is his last chance. The Wizards GM said trading him was the fasting thing he did. That must have hurt. This guy would be one of the dumbest people in history if he's nothing short of a model citizen here.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 3674, 3675, 3676 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 3675 of 8560
Jump to: