OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 3618, 3619, 3620 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 6:47 am    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
pmacla wrote:
Lonzo hasnt been cleared for full basketball activities and Ingram hasnt picked up a basketball since march, I just cant see how any Laker fan is complaining about that trade

yea it's pretty crazy. young players need overly hard working Summers to make leaps.

Totally disagree, players need rest.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 6:49 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Clips are going to have to load manage more than the Lakers. PG entering the season injured/recovering. Maybe the remnant players from last season can help keep the ship afloat, but coronating them as #1 in the West while discounting load management/injuries is willful ignorance.

Degenerative quad plays 60 or less. Other guy won't be even all star
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 6:49 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
pmacla wrote:
Lonzo hasnt been cleared for full basketball activities and Ingram hasnt picked up a basketball since march, I just cant see how any Laker fan is complaining about that trade

yea it's pretty crazy. young players need overly hard working Summers to make leaps.

serious? can never tell. Players always talk about coveting 'skill improvement Summers' over 'recovery Summers'
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 6:50 am    Post subject:

pmacla wrote:
Kawhi is overrated too he benefited from LeBron not being in the playoffs to being hyped as THE GUY but look at how superior LeBrons #s where in 2018 Playoffs and if Vanvleet and Siakim didnt have a couple big games in the Finals the raptors lose to GS with them missing KD going back further if Embiid would have played in the post in the 4th Qtr they get knocked out in the 2nd rd

KL is the man. But I don't think his body will be able to hold up year after year for long playoff stretches. Of course I don't hesitate to add him to the Lakers if he was available, but he's going to be relied upon to carry that team.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 6:50 am    Post subject:

pmacla wrote:
Kawhi is overrated too he benefited from LeBron not being in the playoffs to being hyped as THE GUY but look at how superior LeBrons #s where in 2018 Playoffs and if Vanvleet and Siakim didnt have a couple big games in the Finals the raptors lose to GS with them missing KD going back further if Embiid would have played in the post in the 4th Qtr they get knocked out in the 2nd rd

Man, the Clippers are deep inside you guy’s heads.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 6:51 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
audioaxes wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
Who here is still mad the media falsely ethered the front office over the whole cap situation?

My only complaint is, the Lakers gave up so much draft compensation wise, the deal being delayed should have been apart of the agreement. Don't want to wait? Cool but you dont get the right to defer picks which was/is unheard of to begin with.

agreed. The Lakers should have been able to drive a better bargain. Before the trade went down most thought fair trade value was BI+Ball+#4 and then maybe another 1st rounder. But we gave up so much more than that. At the very least that trade should have included an handshake 30 day agreement as well as a 2nd rounder or 2 back to us.

The Lakers asked NO what they wanted and when they got a reply, said ok.

Reports came out that Lonzo/BI both haven't been able to resume on court stuff. That probably increased the price as both are a bit injury prone and missing out on a crucial summer is not great.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 6:53 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
audioaxes wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
Who here is still mad the media falsely ethered the front office over the whole cap situation?

My only complaint is, the Lakers gave up so much draft compensation wise, the deal being delayed should have been apart of the agreement. Don't want to wait? Cool but you dont get the right to defer picks which was/is unheard of to begin with.

agreed. The Lakers should have been able to drive a better bargain. Before the trade went down most thought fair trade value was BI+Ball+#4 and then maybe another 1st rounder. But we gave up so much more than that. At the very least that trade should have included an handshake 30 day agreement as well as a 2nd rounder or 2 back to us.

Reports came out that Lonzo/BI both haven't been able to resume on court stuff. That probably increased the price as both are a bit injury prone and missing out on a crucial summer is not great.

2 weeks back I heard lonzo is 2 weeks away to resume bb activities.

Yesterday read the same thing again, he is 2 weeks away from bb activities

Yuck
Harlemlakerfan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 6:53 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
pmacla wrote:

Man, the Clippers are deep inside you guy’s heads.

I disagree. The Clippers just happen to be the other team, along with us that are being talked about as winning the chip this year. Also, with them being LA as well, it seems natural that most conversations would be about them.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 6:54 am    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
audioaxes wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:

2 weeks back I heard lonzo is 2 weeks away to resume bb activities.

Yesterday read the same thing again, he is 2 weeks away from bb activities

Yuck

His ankle injury at the time (IIRC in January) was supposed to be a 4-6 week injury. Here we are in July and it's still "2 weeks from 2 weeks."

And then BI says he hasn't been able to shoot since March? He also looks like he lost weight too.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 6:56 am    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
pmacla wrote:

serious? can never tell. Players always talk about coveting 'skill improvement Summers' over 'recovery Summers'

Skill improvement can come without overly working hard. Rest the muscle core used in playing basketball, play some soccer in the offseason instead. Condition while improving footwork at the same time. There is time to work on the shot and moves in between. There is a whole division of science, ergonomics, that relates to repetitive motion.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 6:58 am    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
honestly the best strategy we have is playing Lebron 65-68 games and getting that 18' playoffs Bron..... it can still be in him if we give him the right rest. AD has to play 75, and Boog and Kuz have to have really good years

Sounds good. Seeding doesn’t matter, just avoid below 6. Don’t want to be fighting for that 7/8 spot in the last week or so.

If Kuz becomes that 3rd star in terms of production, the team will be tough. Hopefully he doesn’t struggle in a more catch and shoot role.

Boogie being 16/10 or better makes the team that much tougher.

The key in all this is team defense. We have Caruso, DG, Bradley and AD but the rest of the roster has to prove defensive effort and capability.
TheBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 6:58 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
pmacla wrote:

They both rested for large parts of entire seasons the last two years, when they were in street clothes sitting on the bench.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:00 am    Post subject:

TheBlackMamba wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
pmacla wrote:

They both rested for large parts of entire seasons the last two years, when they were in street clothes sitting on the bench.

BI and Lonzo need the summer to work on basic skill work like shooting consistent 3s, FTs, footwork, etc.

Also, they both need a lot of work on their bodies.

Missing out on doing these things during BI's pre-RFA summer, and Lonzo's 3rd summer is not good.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:00 am    Post subject:

TheBlackMamba wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
pmacla wrote:

Which is why an NFL type of rule (enter the league 3 years after your high school class graduates) would be the best thing for the league.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:06 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
pmacla wrote:

Skill improvement can come without overly working hard. Rest the muscle core used in playing basketball, play some soccer in the offseason instead. Condition while improving footwork at the same time. There is time to work on the shot and moves in between. There is a whole division of science, ergonomics, that relates to repetitive motion.

basketball footwork is skill specific man. a crossover has very specific footwork. Soccer is lauded as a sport for kids who switch to basketball; because it helps quickness of feet and the seamlessness of using your feet in consecutive scenarios ---- but skill training on the HS and above levels, uses very specific basketball footwork. Resting the joints and not being 1 sport specific is a great plan for young kids -- but non-youth needs to perfect their specific craft and moves.
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:08 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
KL/AD scare me much more than KL/PG to be honest.

Thankfully we snagged AD.

That would have been real scary. Not only that, they still would have enough cap space to sign another player.

Imagine that Kawhi + AD + max player (or deeper bench).

That could easily happen if we pass up the opportunity.

I’m high on both Zo and BI and also I like Hart and that 4th pick could have been pretty good but getting someone like AD on his prime is just an opportunity that you can’t possibly let it slip.

So teams now have dynamic duos but I’ll roll with Lebron and AD err day.
DLaker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:13 am    Post subject:

LA Lakers History is on our side to have a great year. .

1970 Finals - lost to Knicks
1980 Champion
1990 Division Champ - Best record in NBA
2000 Champion
2010 Champion
2020 - Going to be a very good year just have a feeling
scout0_0
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:37 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
pmacla wrote:

😂😂😂😂

Ask Kobe is he used to rest or MJ.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:40 am    Post subject:

Finding it amusing how many are now pushing the narrative that Leonard’s degenerative quad issue is the downfall of the Clippers. Yet most are the same posters that were extolling his virtues and downplaying it when discussing his imminent Laker possibilities. Same high risk issue I’ve been pounding the desk about for a year, only now some are actually acknowledging it.

My biggest concern is not the other teams. It is the Lakers themselves. Can they develop the trust and chemistry of a championship squad in one year? It is all about them coming together and playing with the intensity needed to win night in and night out.

Lakers will need to take every opponents best shot while the two stars both take a expected 15-20 games off. And expecting oft injured role players to make starting impact when they are out.

I am impressed with how the FO filled the roster in the 11th hour but they have a lot of work to do to find their “team” identity and purpose. Not all my choices but damn good if injuries or attitude conflicts do not derail the goals.

On paper the roster looks good. It will be a fun season to see how they work out the rotations, egos and grind of the season. At least we know it will be a typical Laker fun ride no matter what happens.
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:42 am    Post subject:

pmacla wrote:

Damn, really? I didn't know that they were both still out of commission.
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:43 am    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
Finding it amusing how many are now pushing the narrative that Leonard’s degenerative quad issue is the downfall of the Clippers. Yet most are the same posters that were extolling his virtues and downplaying it when discussing his imminent Laker possibilities. Same high risk issue I’ve been pounding the desk about for a year, only now some are actually acknowledging it.

My biggest concern is not the other teams. It is the Lakers themselves. Can they develop the trust and chemistry of a championship squad in one year? It is all about them coming together and playing with the intensity needed to win night in and night out.

Lakers will need to take every opponents best shot while the two stars both take a expected 15-20 games off. And expecting oft injured role players to make starting impact when they are out.

I am impressed with how the FO filled the roster in the 11th hour but they have a lot of work to do to find their “team” identity and purpose. Not all my choices but damn good if injuries or attitude conflicts do not derail the goals.

On paper the roster looks good. It will be a fun season to see how they work out the rotations, egos and grind of the season. At least we know it will be a typical Laker fun ride no matter what happens.

Agreed. We have the talent to win it all. It's all about whether we come together as a team or not.
Great One
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:48 am    Post subject:

DLaker wrote:
LA Lakers History is on our side to have a great year. .

1970 Finals - lost to Knicks
1980 Champion
1990 Division Champ - Best record in NBA
2000 Champion
2010 Champion
2020 - Going to be a very good year just have a feeling

Lakers have been champs at least once a decade since the 70's

crazy stat
sebadoh128
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:48 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
pmacla wrote:

At this point, Lonzo and BI must be really good at Soccer.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:49 am    Post subject:

Good job. 1st post in Long time which is not complaining about LeBron
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:49 am    Post subject:

It's fanhood.

We all wanted PG last summer.

We all wanted KL this summer.

We have neither but then again we have LBJ/AD!

But KL's quad concerns are real and he will have to battle with WC teams again. I think you can load manage the way he did in the East; a bit tougher out West (look at the team's collapse once LBJ got injured). PG is a heck of a player, but he did literally have 2 shoulder surgeries (and a knee surgery last summer).

It'll be great to see these two titan teams collide. Hopefully we finally get that Lakers/Clips playoffs series. Clips have a legit team finally.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 3618, 3619, 3620 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 3619 of 8560
Jump to: