OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2360, 2361, 2362 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:43 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:

I'm not a Barrett believer, per se, but strong wings with his motor to score and passing touch aren't that common. I like him more than BI as a prospect, but I think Barrett has a pretty low floor.

Cool. Didn't watch alot of Duke this year. Didn't know he had a consistent motor. I'm not rooting against the guy. Just struggled to think of what he's great at. What he'll be able to rely on in the league.
If he was Odom's height, I'd probably love him though.

He has a good motor on offense. Not on defense at all.

I'm going with an old GT observation about DKo when assessing Barrett, but getting up that many shots is a skill unto itself. Most guys aren't wired to be scorers like that.
#savethekids
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:43 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:

I'm not a Barrett believer, per se, but strong wings with his motor to score and passing touch aren't that common. I like him more than BI as a prospect, but I think Barrett has a pretty low floor.

Cool. Didn't watch alot of Duke this year. Didn't know he had a consistent motor. I'm not rooting against the guy. Just struggled to think of what he's great at. What he'll be able to rely on in the league.

I have always had trouble trying to read a Duke player talent rating due to the system and that they are all 5 stars usually.
I believe cam reddish and r.j. will have better nba careers than Zion.
I know I am in minority, I just have a feeling Zion is going to struggle with alot of different issues.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:44 pm    Post subject:

#savethekids wrote:
kikanga wrote:

I have always had trouble trying to read a Duke player talent rating due to the system and that they are all 5 stars usually.
I know I am in minority, I just have a feeling Zion is going to struggle with alot of different issues.

I know it's not the thread, but...what issues?
#savethekids
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:45 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
#savethekids wrote:
kikanga wrote:
#savethekids wrote:
logical24 wrote:
https://twitter.com/ChozenBeats/status/1144100754417786880

and challenged as well as debunked.

Sounds juicy. Where was it debunked? I love reading about fake insiders being called out.

About 33 pages back😁

Hold my watch and time me. I'm gonna go in and do a deep dive. If I don't make it back, tell Omar... he smells.

😃 Be safe. Godspeed.
LAL1947
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:47 pm    Post subject:

Here's an interesting tidbit I found about Brogdon's contract on Spotrac. Apparently, his salary includes a "body fat/weigh-in bonus". We should probably look at including a body fat lost bonus for THT too... and the Pels probably need to include a reverse such clause in BI's contract.
LKA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:48 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
adkindo wrote:
kikanga wrote:
levon wrote:
https://twitter.com/ChrisBHaynes/status/1144073679522762752

It's finally our chance

kikanga's dream come true.

It's been a while since I watched him. I really did like him coming into the league though. Not gonna lie.

Now I'm all about my Jimmy Butler. What's your biggest draft miss?

that will tough for BVH....to try to name only one....most of his draft preferences are misses....

*glances in Josh Jackson*

at this point, Fultz has been my biggest miss in that draft

It seems (based on the players you like a lot) that you have a tendency to put too much emphasis strictly on scoring volume when evaluating talent. I can give you a pass on Fultz for obvious reasons altho I wasn't too crazy on him during the draft personally. I was highest on Tatum and Fox.
#savethekids
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:50 pm    Post subject:

LKA wrote:
adkindo wrote:
adkindo wrote:
kikanga wrote:
levon wrote:

It's finally our chance

It's been a while since I watched him. I really did like him coming into the league though. Not gonna lie.

that will tough for BVH....to try to name only one....most of his draft preferences are misses....

It seems (based on the players you like a lot) that you have a tendency to put too much emphasis strictly on scoring volume when evaluating talent. I can give you a pass on Fultz for obvious reasons altho I wasn't too crazy on him during the draft personally. I was highest on Tatum and Fox.

My biggessssst miss ever... Marshon Brooks... Watching him at Providence , I swore to anybody and everybody he was a walking Kobe Bryant. Still to this day, in college he played walked acted spoke shot just like Kobe.

Last edited by #savethekids on Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
BlueNGold
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:50 pm    Post subject:

#savethekids wrote:
Lebron giving a shout-out to Shannon sharpe is awesome.
Lebron is for sure starting to troll the media. Some great days are ahead for us fam.

https://mobile.twitter.com/KingJames/status/1144096604791513088

This had to have made Shannon's day
#savethekids
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:51 pm    Post subject:

#savethekids wrote:
kikanga wrote:

Health, weight , and size. Most importantly what is going to be his skillset? In college he could just run and jump over people. Nba is slightly different. Again, just my thoughts. I know most people think he is going to be incredible. I am not sold at all.

Last edited by #savethekids on Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:54 pm    Post subject:

#savethekids wrote:
My biggessssst miss ever... Marshon Brooks... Watching him at Providence , I swore to anybody and everybody he was a walking Kobe Bryant. Still to this day, in college he played walked acted spoke shot just like Kobe.

Chasing a recent trend is probably the #1 ingredient needed for overrating a player in the draft.
LKA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:56 pm    Post subject:

#savethekids wrote:
LKA wrote:
adkindo wrote:
adkindo wrote:
kikanga wrote:
levon wrote:

It's finally our chance

My biggessssst miss ever... Marshon Brooks... Watching him at Providence , I swore to anybody and everybody he was a walking Kobe Bryant. Still to this day, I'm college he played walked acted spoke shot just like Kobe.

The first things I look at is shooting and defense .. if the players a good 3pt shooter good ft shooter. Things that will translate. I'm not crazy about what ifs. It's the reason why I like Morant so much. Elite passer, good off the dribble good FT shooter and his 3pt improved dramatically.. and of course his athleticism. There's a chance he won't pan out but it's pretty unlikely.
#savethekids
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:56 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
#savethekids wrote:

Chasing a recent trend is probably the #1 ingredient needed for overrating a player in the draft.

Admitting it hurts to this day.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:57 pm    Post subject:

LKA wrote:
adkindo wrote:
adkindo wrote:
kikanga wrote:
levon wrote:

It's finally our chance

I mean really? You have been around all of 8 months, and you have the ability to identify the weaknesses in my draft analysis? That is a little strong, don't you think? If I have a blind spot or weakness in my draft analysis, it is not scoring points at all, it is I sometimes over value athleticism and size/measurements.
LKA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:02 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
LKA wrote:
adkindo wrote:
adkindo wrote:
kikanga wrote:
levon wrote:

It's finally our chance

I mean really? You have been around all of 8 months, and you have the ability to identify the weaknesses in my draft analysis? That is a little strong, don't you think? If I have a blind spot or weakness in my draft analysis, it is not scoring points at all, it is I sometimes over value athleticism and size/measurements.

I meant no offense. You think I've been around 8 months.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:06 pm    Post subject:

#savethekids wrote:
#savethekids wrote:
kikanga wrote:

Health, weight , and size. Most importantly what is going to be his skillset? In college he could just run and jump over people. Nba is slightly different. Again, just my thoughts. I know most people think he is going to be incredible. I am not sold at all.

No worries. In Zion I see a top 1% of 1% NBA athlete, a top 1% motor, and a top 10% BBIQ with legitimate point forward skill, potentially elite defensive disruptor talent, and clearly elite rebounding and finishing talent (and not just at the rim, but on hooks, floaters, etc.). Hence, I see a 6'7 Giannis with a more advanced jumper by age.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:07 pm    Post subject:

LKA wrote:
adkindo wrote:
LKA wrote:
adkindo wrote:
adkindo wrote:
kikanga wrote:
levon wrote:

It's finally our chance

I meant no offense. You think I've been around 8 months.

I've been around 20 years, but I haven't really been around 20 years.
lakersfan32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:08 pm    Post subject:

#savethekids wrote:
#savethekids wrote:
kikanga wrote:

No worries. In Zion I see a top 1% of 1% NBA athlete, a top 1% motor, and a top 10% BBIQ with legitimate point forward skill, potentially elite defensive disruptor talent, and clearly elite rebounding and finishing talent (and not just at the rim, but on hooks, floaters, etc.). Hence, I see a 6'7 Giannis with a more advanced jumper by age.

Enes Kanter called him Julius Randle with hops, lol
#savethekids
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:08 pm    Post subject:

#savethekids wrote:
#savethekids wrote:
kikanga wrote:

Do you think he will grow anymore? If so how tall do you think he will get to?
You don't fear the tweener in him if he stays at that size?

Last edited by #savethekids on Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:10 pm    Post subject:

I'm really excited at how deep this FA class is. Although there are a lot of teams with cap space, there will still be some bargains out there. Leaving off the top guys

Dedmon/Lopez/Cousins/Jordan/WCS/Kanter/R.Lopez/E.Davis/McGee/Noel/Boban/Theis/J.Noah/N.Vonleh/Holmes/Udoh/T.Zeller/Muscula/Diallo/T.Black

Randle/Mirotic/Morris Twins/T.Young/Aminu/Gibson/Faried/Green/M.Scott/J.Dudley/Lyles/Beasley/Dudley/D.Williams

Gay/Ariza/J.Ennis/W.Chandler/D.Caroll/Thabo/Hollis-Jefferson/S.Johnson/Mbah a Moute/TLC/VC/Korver

D.Green/J.Reddick/T.Ross/J.Lamb/Hood/Wes Matthews/Bullock/KCP/Ellington/Burks/J.Holiday/Nwaba/Temple/Shumpert/G.Green/Crawford/Meeks/Daniels

D.Rose/D.Collison/R.Rubio/Payton/Beverly/I.Thomas/Ish Smith/Mudiay/Joseph/Lin/Napier/Larkin

Hoping the Lakers are smart enough to identify the bargains and not simply go after names like Melo, JR Smith, Rondo, Lance etc etc.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

#savethekids wrote:
#savethekids wrote:
#savethekids wrote:
kikanga wrote:

Do you think he will grow anymore? If so how tall do you think he will get to?

I think he'll be 6'7 280-ish for most of his career. He's just a freakishly athletic NFL defensive end who plays basketball.
#savethekids
Star Player
Star Player

[quote="lakersfan32"]
#savethekids wrote:
#savethekids wrote:
kikanga wrote:

Enes Kanter called him Julius Randle with hops, lol[/quote

I think he will be better than Julio the bull. I just do not see the all world recognition that he getting.
When Julio got into the league he was a walking charge. Ran around like a bull in Spain. Zion has much better handles and a significant higher bball i.q.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:15 pm    Post subject:

lakersfan32 wrote:
#savethekids wrote:
#savethekids wrote:
kikanga wrote:

rofl. Saw that and 1) Julius with better hops is even more awesome than current Julius who is super awesome, and 2) Zion is a much, much, much better defender than Juliud, and 3) Zion's elite athleticism really pops when he crouches down at a 75° angle, explodes past his defender with one dribble, goes into a hop step, then glides and contorts to the rim through traffic for a made floater while being the exact same size as J.J. Watt.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:16 pm    Post subject:

lakersfan32 wrote:

Guess Enes Kanter really wants to get dunked on. It's amazing how high of an opinion he has of himself. I've seen step stools defend the pick and roll better.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:16 pm    Post subject:

dcarter4kobe wrote:
I'm really excited at how deep this FA class is. Although there are a lot of teams with cap space, there will still be some bargains out there. Leaving off the top guys

Dedmon/Lopez/Cousins/Jordan/WCS/Kanter/R.Lopez/E.Davis/McGee/Noel/Boban/Theis/J.Noah/N.Vonleh/Holmes/Udoh/T.Zeller/Muscula/Diallo/T.Black

Randle/Mirotic/Morris Twins/T.Young/Aminu/Gibson/Faried/Green/M.Scott/J.Dudley/Lyles/Beasley/Dudley/D.Williams

Gay/Ariza/J.Ennis/W.Chandler/D.Caroll/Thabo/Hollis-Jefferson/S.Johnson/Mbah a Moute/TLC/VC/Korver

D.Green/J.Reddick/T.Ross/J.Lamb/Hood/Wes Matthews/Bullock/KCP/Ellington/Burks/J.Holiday/Nwaba/Temple/Shumpert/G.Green/Crawford/Meeks/Daniels

D.Rose/D.Collison/R.Rubio/Payton/Beverly/I.Thomas/Ish Smith/Mudiay/Joseph/Lin/Napier/Larkin

Hoping the Lakers are smart enough to identify the bargains and not simply go after names like Melo, JR Smith, Rondo, Lance etc etc.

Guard depth is thin for the Lakers purposes.
DeeAgeaux
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:22 pm    Post subject:

Dreamshake wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Would you guys use the cap space to absorb Eric Gordon’s contract?

For example if we strike out in FA we can then at least get Eric Gordon + someone like Brook Lopez which is a fantastic plan B.

You gave your picks to NO, so what do you have left to give Houston for Gordon? They are shopping him for an upgrade, not to dump.

Houston is trying to dump Gordon to clear space for Butler.

Houston would have to send picks to LA for me to consider Gordon for one year.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2360, 2361, 2362 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 2361 of 8560
Jump to: