OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2292, 2293, 2294 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
€H£M£$TR¥
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:22 pm    Post subject:

Dlo is destined to be a Clipper.

It’s Kawhi - Kyrie - Bev - DRose

That’s plan ABCD

Then you have the Hennessy Smith nuclear option.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:40 pm    Post subject:

1ngr4m wrote:
I made that @ up completely, it's fake.

like 90% of the garbage tweets in this thread.

Do it again and your account will be a memory.
BROW GOAT 23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:43 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
1ngr4m wrote:
I made that @ up completely, it's fake.

like 90% of the garbage tweets in this thread.

Do it again and your account will be a memory.

Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:53 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
NBA Central
@TheNBACentral

The Miami Heat will get a meeting with Jimmy Butler, per @ScoopB

Only reason I'd be ok with this is so that Miami's future draft pick won't be a lotto one
HAWAIIGUY27
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:11 pm    Post subject:

Order of speed dial on 6/30:
1. Kawhi. If no, proceed below.
2. Collison. If no, call Pat Beverley. If no, call Ricky Rubio.
3. Dedmon. If no, call Brook Lopez. If no, call JaVale McGee.
4. Ariza.
5. Bullock.
6. Curry.
7. Caruso, Muscala, Mbah a Moute, etc.
ReaListik
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:12 pm    Post subject:

I say go for Ariza. KL isn't coming
3baller
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:13 pm    Post subject:

Roon wrote:
3baller wrote:
satria wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
anth2000 wrote:
adkindo wrote:
anth2000 wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
I'm on the DLo over Brogdon team... but it is impressive the company that he's in.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/50%E2%80%9340%E2%80%9390_club

It is notable that his playoff numbers are significantly lower though.

Obviously I wouldn't be upset if we signed him... but we need to get DRose or Rondo... or some other low cost facilitator to balance the lack of playmaking if we signed him. Unless Caruso immediately blossoms into a full fledged rotation or starter... Brogdon's usefulness would be limited by not having a traditional point guard.

Brogdon is a lot better. Rather have him.

hmm, did not see him on the All Star team this year...must have missed him

True but still think he's better. Just because DLO lucked out and was an all star replacement doesn't make him any better than Brogdon.

how does 1 lucked out in an All star game while the other does?

did he pay bribe or just got lucky? no idea what that means.

I am not a dlo guy but logically he makes sense as he 23 with much better upside then a guy like brogdan who is older then AD and career path of a role player

Also important note: 1 might become available because his team wants to pair Kyrie + KD while the other's team has full rights to match him cause his cap hold is only 3m

Who cares if made the all star or not. It doesnt make him a better or worse player if he didnt make it.

Brogdon is the better player of the two.

1st off brogdan is getting matched, and the Lakers can't wait for 3 days. brogdon was also 3rd or 4th option on his team. best opposing teams defenders were on giannis or middleton. dlo was the net s goto guy. even if brogdons a UFA, not gonna give 20plus mil to someone who has no history of being able to carry a team even for a short period of time who s already in their primes. would like to see if he can maintain his stats with more attempts while going against good defenders.

Brogdon is better than DLO in almost everything except playmaking.

I'll take the playmaking.

Brogdon fills the 3rd banana role perfectly. He's aggressive in getting to the rim and is an elite finisher. A pretty decent playmaker himself. He's also 2nd only in the league to Joe harris with a 71% eFG on Catch and Shoots converting 47.5% of his C&S 3's. Has a low usage rate(20%) so he'd fit right in without the need of changing his game drastically compared to DLO's 30% usage. He's also a better defender.

Is it more likely for us to sign Brogdon than DLO? Probably not. But if we're strictly comparing the 2 from a basketball standpoint, I'd take Brogdon any day of the week especially as a 3rd option role.
LAlife2627
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:29 pm    Post subject:

3baller wrote:
Roon wrote:
3baller wrote:
satria wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
anth2000 wrote:
adkindo wrote:
anth2000 wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
I'm on the DLo over Brogdon team... but it is impressive the company that he's in.

Obviously I wouldn't be upset if we signed him... but we need to get DRose or Rondo... or some other low cost facilitator to balance the lack of playmaking if we signed him. Unless Caruso immediately blossoms into a full fledged rotation or starter... Brogdon's usefulness would be limited by not having a traditional point guard.

True but still think he's better. Just because DLO lucked out and was an all star replacement doesn't make him any better than Brogdon.

I am not a dlo guy but logically he makes sense as he 23 with much better upside then a guy like brogdan who is older then AD and career path of a role player

Also important note: 1 might become available because his team wants to pair Kyrie + KD while the other's team has full rights to match him cause his cap hold is only 3m

Who cares if made the all star or not. It doesnt make him a better or worse player if he didnt make it.

1st off brogdan is getting matched, and the Lakers can't wait for 3 days. brogdon was also 3rd or 4th option on his team. best opposing teams defenders were on giannis or middleton. dlo was the net s goto guy. even if brogdons a UFA, not gonna give 20plus mil to someone who has no history of being able to carry a team even for a short period of time who s already in their primes. would like to see if he can maintain his stats with more attempts while going against good defenders.

Brogdon fills the 3rd banana role perfectly. He's aggressive in getting to the rim and is an elite finisher. A pretty decent playmaker himself. He's also 2nd only in the league to Joe harris with a 71% eFG on Catch and Shoots converting 47.5% of his C&S 3's. Has a low usage rate(20%) so he'd fit right in without the need of changing his game drastically compared to DLO's 30% usage. He's also a better defender.

Is it more likely for us to sign Brogdon than DLO? Probably not. But if we're strictly comparing the 2 from a basketball standpoint, I'd take Brogdon any day of the week especially as a 3rd option role.

Switch brogdon with DLo on last years nets. Results?
3baller
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:34 pm    Post subject:

LAlife2627 wrote:
3baller wrote:
Roon wrote:
3baller wrote:
satria wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
anth2000 wrote:
adkindo wrote:
anth2000 wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:

If you can just wait, I'm sure my crystal ball is here somewhere
realking24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:36 pm    Post subject:

Probably not going to happen but I would still love to have Klay on this team
LAlife2627
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:37 pm    Post subject:

3baller wrote:
LAlife2627 wrote:
3baller wrote:
Roon wrote:
3baller wrote:
satria wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
anth2000 wrote:
adkindo wrote:
anth2000 wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:

Think you just need common sense

If you can just wait, I'm sure my crystal ball is here somewhere
TheBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:39 pm    Post subject:

At what point in this long ass thread did people get the genius idea that Malcolm Brogdon is a good use of practically ALL our cap space, and that too on an RFA so we’ll be tied up in that nonsense for a crucial few days in free agency AFTER the moratorium ends?

Look, he’s a solid player, but that’s all he’s going to be. The numbers look great because he’s slotted into the perfect role for him where he gets to play off better offensive options while picking and choosing his spots. You ask him to be anything more than the super role player he is and it won’t be as pretty. And I’d rather not spend 25% of our cap or whatever it is on that kind of a guy. If we had a prime Lebron, sure. But otherwise if we’re paying that kind of money this summer to one player, he damn well better be able to initiate the offense and split those duties with Lebron. Otherwise split the money.
LAlife2627
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:40 pm    Post subject:

Y’all would really wanna pay brogdon at his price before DLo. I’m sorry makes no sense at all. Especially business wise
TheBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:41 pm    Post subject:

LAlife2627 wrote:
Y’all would really wanna pay brogdon at his price before DLo. I’m sorry makes no sense at all. Especially business wise

Apparently any mention of Dlo makes people lose their damn minds.
LAlife2627
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:42 pm    Post subject:

TheBlackMamba wrote:
At what point in this long ass thread did people get the genius idea that Malcolm Brogdon is a good use of practically ALL our cap space, and that too on an RFA so we’ll be tied up in that nonsense for a crucial few days in free agency AFTER the moratorium ends?

Look, he’s a solid player, but that’s all he’s going to be. The numbers look great because he’s slotted into the perfect role for him where he gets to play off better offensive options while picking and choosing his spots. You ask him to be anything more than the super role player he is and it won’t be as pretty. And I’d rather not spend 25% of our cap or whatever it is on that kind of a guy. If we had a prime Lebron, sure. But otherwise if we’re paying that kind of money this summer to one player, he damn well better be able to initiate the offense and split those duties with Lebron. Otherwise split the money.

Agree. Like a mf. Ppl are crazy to want to spend money on average players in this market. You go for the max because average players getting over paid
3baller
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:52 pm    Post subject:

TheBlackMamba wrote:

1.) Brogdon can't initiate the offense?
2.) Klay can't initiate the offense. He's only a super off-ball shooter. You mean to say you wouldn't max out Klay if he didn't get injured because he can't initiate the offense?
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:04 am    Post subject:

Harlemlakerfan wrote:
adkindo wrote:
LFAN4LIFE wrote:
KAWHI UPDATE....

Quote:
Kawhi and the Clippers have a meeting "tentatively scheduled" for July 2nd, per Frank Isola

if true....not good at all unless we are scheduled for July 1st.

So a New York reporter got this info before any reporter in LA? Also, having a meeting scheduled already would mean that they would have had to be contact between Kawhi and the Clippers which is tampering because Kawhi is still under contract until July 1st.

I smell BS.

I can't confirm it is true.....but Isola must....he is not the type to put bs out on the internet for attention.
KBandKB
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:44 am    Post subject:

Plan A: Kawhi
Plan B: D-Lo at 22-24 mil; 8ish mil on cap space on solid vet
Plan C: Kyrie
Plan D: Brogdon plus 2 solid players
Plan E: Jimmy Butler
Plan F: Max D-Lo; 5 mil for one vet
Plan G: Split cap space between three solid vets
TheBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:46 am    Post subject:

3baller wrote:
TheBlackMamba wrote:

2.) Klay can't initiate the offense. He's only a super off-ball shooter. You mean to say you wouldn't max out Klay if he didn't get injured because he can't initiate the offense?

Yes, let's go ahead and compare one of the GOAT shooters to Malcolm (bleep) Brogdon

And no, he can't be a secondary offensive initiator like you suggest. He was the fourth option as ballhandler on the Bucks behind Giannis, Middleton, Bledsoe. This is a pointless argument because there's no way in hell we're signing or going after Brogdon in any way.
3baller
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 1:16 am    Post subject:

TheBlackMamba wrote:
3baller wrote:
TheBlackMamba wrote:

Yes, let's go ahead and compare one of the GOAT shooters to Malcolm (bleep) Brogdon

And no, he can't be a secondary offensive initiator like you suggest. He was the fourth option as ballhandler on the Bucks behind Giannis, Middleton, Bledsoe. This is a pointless argument because there's no way in hell we're signing or going after Brogdon in any way.

Wasn't comparing Brogdon and Klay, I was pointing out your silly argument that our max slot should only be reserved for initiators. See bolded part. That was you.

So 4th ballhandler on one team means he can't be 2nd initiator on another team? What if that's just the role he was given? Doesn't mean he can't run an offense elsewhere.
3baller
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 1:18 am    Post subject:

Also in case you missed it:

3baller wrote:

€H£M£$TR¥
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 1:42 am    Post subject:

How would you gauge Mario Hezonja’s fit on this team? And how much would you pay him on a two year deal?
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 2:15 am    Post subject:

€H£M£$TR¥ wrote:
How would you gauge Mario Hezonja’s fit on this team? And how much would you pay him on a two year deal?

$5M per
But not on the lakers
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 2:16 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
€H£M£$TR¥ wrote:

$5M per

a 27% 3pt shooter struggling to figure out his offensive game, and not a good defender....... that's a minimum
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 2:20 am    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
epak wrote:
€H£M£$TR¥ wrote:

$5M per

a 27% 3pt shooter struggling to figure out his offensive game, and not a good defender....... that's a minimum

That'll be a fun one to see play out.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2292, 2293, 2294 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 2293 of 8560
Jump to: