OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2290, 2291, 2292 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kobe_luver
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:45 pm    Post subject:

joeblow wrote:
Bullock's defense was horrifically bad wearing purple 'n gold. I have zero desire to see him come back next season, especially since his supposed stregnth of a 3-point shot was so unreliable.

Muscala on the other hand surprised me with how well he stayed in front of guards on pick and roll switches. He even became better at the tree on our team (after he healed up) as the season wore on.

I'd take Kevon Looney as a solid role playing big if a third top tier signing doesn't work out (and Bropez goes somewhere else). If that also doesn't come together, I wouldn't be mad if we signed Muscala for a decent price at that slot.

Extra: Brogdon >> DLo for what we need (defense + consistent shot% + low ego). I'd try to outbid the Bucks for him if we don't get Kawhi and resign ourselves to improving our depth.

I agree. I was one of only a couple here at LG that said we were impressed by Muscala's play with us toward the end of the season. I'd love to keep him if the price is right.
Jack's Room
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:45 pm    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
LAL1947 wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
Jack's Room wrote:

Saying "Room MLE" is an abbreviated way of saying "Mid-Level Salary Exception for Room Teams" as outlined in the CBA. Here's the relevant portion on page 206: https://i.imgur.com/xPFI2KM.png

Here's a HoopsHype article breaking down the three kinds of MLEs available and using the same verbiage:

Quote:
Room Mid-Level Exception ($2.898 million in 2016-17):

“Room” is the lowest of the three mid-level exceptions and available to teams that are under the cap enough to lose the more valuable exceptions. The room exception is also shorter in terms of maximum years, and players can only be signed up to two years.

So yes, it is a thing.

(bleep) garbage verbiage. You are technically correct, the best kind of correct. I concede, I was wrong.

Haha, why? It's short and sweet. Sure beats having to type out "Mid-Level Salary Exception for Room Teams" especially when we're posting our desired rosters.

I mean, what does mid-level mean anymore? It's lost all meaning if both under the cap and over the cap teams have MLEs. It's like Big Bird (bleep) Kermit the Frog.

It's similar to how a "max contract" is wholly dependent on the years played. LeBron, Kawhi, and Russell could all sign max contracts but get paid significantly different amounts based on the tier they fall into.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:46 pm    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
I'm on the DLo over Brogdon team... but it is impressive the company that he's in.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/50%E2%80%9340%E2%80%9390_club

It is notable that his playoff numbers are significantly lower though.

Obviously I wouldn't be upset if we signed him... but we need to get DRose or Rondo... or some other low cost facilitator to balance the lack of playmaking if we signed him. Unless Caruso immediately blossoms into a full fledged rotation or starter... Brogdon's usefulness would be limited by not having a traditional point guard.

Brogdon is a lot better. Rather have him.

hmm, did not see him on the All Star team this year...must have missed him
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:46 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
I know this isn't even the analytic we're talking about, but most analytic people like this one - PIPM. Where Kawhi has a 19th expected PIPM next year, and Tobias has 140th..
.. just throw the stat out. anyone who references it is also clinging to it for weird reasons with this data.
And yes I get that Kawhi didn't have a great defensive reg szn, and Tobias is not a top 30 player. But.. still, throw the stat out

I think that was the one created by someone @ Nylon Calculus. Never really looked at it.

Bball_index
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:53 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
anth2000 wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
I'm on the DLo over Brogdon team... but it is impressive the company that he's in.

Obviously I wouldn't be upset if we signed him... but we need to get DRose or Rondo... or some other low cost facilitator to balance the lack of playmaking if we signed him. Unless Caruso immediately blossoms into a full fledged rotation or starter... Brogdon's usefulness would be limited by not having a traditional point guard.

True but still think he's better. Just because DLO lucked out and was an all star replacement doesn't make him any better than Brogdon.
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:54 pm    Post subject:

Fake defender or not Reggie Bullock is clearly less of a liability on defense than Seth Curry. The key word is not good or avg but liability. Teams will be picking on Seth Curry at a higher rate of success than they would vs Reggie Bullock. I wouldn't pay more than vet min for either guy.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:56 pm    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:
adkindo wrote:
anth2000 wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:

True but still think he's better. Just because DLO lucked out and was an all star replacement doesn't make him any better than Brogdon.

how does 1 lucked out in an All star game while the other does?

did he pay bribe or just got lucky? no idea what that means.

I am not a dlo guy but logically he makes sense as he 23 with much better upside then a guy like brogdan who is older then AD and career path of a role player

Also important note: 1 might become available because his team wants to pair Kyrie + KD while the other's team has full rights to match him cause his cap hold is only 3m
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:11 pm    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:
adkindo wrote:
anth2000 wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:

To use a crude analogy... it would be like if we signed a young running back who was better than Gurley if we traded Goff.

We don't have a quarterback... it's more important to find a replacement for Goff than for Gurley. (Yes, I know Gurley might be done)

Even if Saquon Barkley was available... I don't think we can win with Sean Mannion.
a2j1m
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:12 pm    Post subject:

to get kyrie wouldnt we have to get rid of Kuzma, Wagner, Bonga, and literally everyone ? seriously just no. Go after Russell who is a great fit next to LBJ and AD and hes 23. Im taking Dlo over IRving for sure !!
satria
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:13 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:
The idiots over at the Lakers subreddit want to pay Seth (bleep) Curry $8+ million per year

LG can get kinda wild but never that ridiculous.

I do not get the Seth Curry or Pat Beverley love...wanting to spend all our cap space on two guys that averaged less than 8 points a game last year.

Bev s not the most skilled or offensively talented player, but he can knockdown the open 3 s. where he really shines is on defense and leadership, he can lockdown opposing pgs, and harass their wings. he brings toughness and energy which every contending team needs, elements the Lakers have lacked for the past few years. I feel the last year's clippers without Bev would of had a worse record than the Lakers.

Also would love to see THT, caruso, novell, possibly dlo, and the youths learn from him on how to be a real pro.

it s fun watching the warriors running and gunning the 3 s from all over the court, but with the current roster and available cap space it s not possible to build that type of team. In a long dragged out series, a player like Bev pestering the opposing top player 4 plus games with a strong front court will give them a huge advantage. With AD, Bev, and couple of tough physical centers, the Lakers can build a physical defensive powerhouse.

and as for Seth with so many spots to fill on the roster, I totally agree with u Lakers can offer him a vet min.
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:15 pm    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
anth2000 wrote:
adkindo wrote:
anth2000 wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:

I am not a dlo guy but logically he makes sense as he 23 with much better upside then a guy like brogdan who is older then AD and career path of a role player

Also important note: 1 might become available because his team wants to pair Kyrie + KD while the other's team has full rights to match him cause his cap hold is only 3m

Who cares if made the all star or not. It doesnt make him a better or worse player if he didnt make it.

Brogdon is the better player of the two.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:18 pm    Post subject:

Lucky_Shot wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
anth2000 wrote:
adkindo wrote:
anth2000 wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:

Who cares if made the all star or not. It doesnt make him a better or worse player if he didnt make it.

thanks strawman
Harlemlakerfan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:19 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
LFAN4LIFE wrote:
KAWHI UPDATE....

Quote:
Kawhi and the Clippers have a meeting "tentatively scheduled" for July 2nd, per Frank Isola

if true....not good at all unless we are scheduled for July 1st.

So a New York reporter got this info before any reporter in LA? Also, having a meeting scheduled already would mean that they would have had to be contact between Kawhi and the Clippers which is tampering because Kawhi is still under contract until July 1st.

I smell BS.
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:20 pm    Post subject:

The Juggernaut wrote:
Fake defender or not Reggie Bullock is clearly less of a liability on defense than Seth Curry. The key word is not good or avg but liability. Teams will be picking on Seth Curry at a higher rate of success than they would vs Reggie Bullock. I wouldn't pay more than vet min for either guy.

They would get more than vet min. I like Bullock more though , more reliable defender . Seth Curry is one dimensional, a microwave player who can get hot and useless when he’s not.
Barry Seal
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:21 pm    Post subject:

I would take Russell if we could somehow get J Lamb as well. Then snatch Jordan Brangers from the Euroleague. Brangers was the #1 juco a couple of years ago.

KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:22 pm    Post subject:

Barry Seal wrote:
I would take Russell if we could somehow get J Lamb as well. Then snatch Jordan Brangers from the Euroleague. Brangers was the #1 juco a couple of years ago.

Lamb is a below avg shooter (dunno spot-up%) and an average defender at best. We need to be more judicious with our money than 'average' in these critical aspects
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:24 pm    Post subject:

Did I miss anything since this morning?
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:26 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
LFAN4LIFE wrote:
KAWHI UPDATE....

Quote:
Kawhi and the Clippers have a meeting "tentatively scheduled" for July 2nd, per Frank Isola

if true....not good at all unless we are scheduled for July 1st.

Even if we have the meeting on the first that means the front office will be standing their with their pens in the hands for 2 days waiting on Kawhi while all the good A/B pieces are signing with other teams.
LakersMD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:29 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:

No
satria
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:31 pm    Post subject:

Lucky_Shot wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
anth2000 wrote:
adkindo wrote:
anth2000 wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:

1st off brogdan is getting matched, and the Lakers can't wait for 3 days. brogdon was also 3rd or 4th option on his team. best opposing teams defenders were on giannis or middleton. dlo was the net s goto guy. even if brogdons a UFA, not gonna give 20plus mil to someone who has no history of being able to carry a team even for a short period of time who s already in their primes. would like to see if he can maintain his stats with more attempts while going against good defenders.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:38 pm    Post subject:

LakersMD wrote:
epak wrote:

No

thanks
3baller
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:38 pm    Post subject:

satria wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
anth2000 wrote:
adkindo wrote:
anth2000 wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:

1st off brogdan is getting matched, and the Lakers can't wait for 3 days. brogdon was also 3rd or 4th option on his team. best opposing teams defenders were on giannis or middleton. dlo was the net s goto guy. even if brogdons a UFA, not gonna give 20plus mil to someone who has no history of being able to carry a team even for a short period of time who s already in their primes. would like to see if he can maintain his stats with more attempts while going against good defenders.

Brogdon is better than DLO in almost everything except playmaking.
Super Mega Team
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:50 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Giannis won MVP

Amazing. What an amazing life story. One of my favorite nba players.

He’s been my favorite non-Laker for the last few years. I haven’t liked a non Lakers player like him since MJ.
alleyoop
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:54 pm    Post subject:

Giannis is a superb talent, and will be a top five player in the league well into the 2020's. Will probably win a couple more MVPs. Unfortunately, the lack of a three ball will hurt his championship aspirations I feel

Guys like Luka, Embiid and Jokic I think have a better chance of winning a chip if surrounded by the right pieces. I reckon if KP gets his health right, Luka and Kristaps could be the next dynasty
#18 next...
Super Mega Team
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:58 pm    Post subject:

Rather have an elite SG/SF than high utilization PG on most occasions.

Magic was a rare exception for me but he was the goat of PGs.

MJ
Kobe
Mcgrady
Leonard
Lebron
Wade

Over

Bad Boys Isiah
Stockton
Kidd
Nash
CP3
Curry
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2290, 2291, 2292 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 2291 of 8560
Jump to: