OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1894, 1895, 1896 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PICKnPOP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:40 pm    Post subject:

Y’all...I just realized that Carmelo Anthony will probably be in our starting lineup this season lmfao. We got AD but we broke af 🤣

Kyrie
Lebron
Kuzma
Melo
AD

Let’s go

Anthony Davis is the defense but who outscores us

We can probably get rondo, Vince carter, Tyson Chandler, swaggy P types to fill out the roster. Maybe even get wade to come out of retirement to give us 15 mpg off the bench

Last edited by PICKnPOP on Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
LakerMindLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:40 pm    Post subject:

dcarter4kobe wrote:
From what I'm seeing, if the Pelicans want to do trade ASAP and we are dumb enough not to have agreed to put it off until August 1, we would only be about 600K off from having a full mid tier max

Would just have to include Wagner/Bonga/JOnes and most likely cash in the trade to the Pelicans or to a 3rd team. As if we havent given up enough young assets.

And in both cases, the Pelicans have to agree to play ball. Which they have no incentive to given they want the Lakers to be bad to maximize their future picks.
Username
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:41 pm    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
Username wrote:
Is it out of the realm of possibility that we try to bring back D’Angelo Russell if Kyrie does go to Brooklyn?

after kawhi, i prefer to split that cost into
DLO
Pat Bev

MLE goes to another guard

I personally like that a lot and I’m not a huge Russell fan but he’d be a nice fit on this team.
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

srm90 wrote:
SGV-Laker fan wrote:
The draft is this week, does that mean of the AD trade isn’t finalized by then, we will drafter someone st #4 for NOP?

I’m pretty sure the rules don’t allow for us to finalize the trade by then so I believe we will be picking for NOLA

The key will be when we sign the pick. If we sign him ASAP, then it’s a great sign because then we need to wait 30 days after that to trade with the Pelicans, so we wouldn’t be able to trade him on the 6th. If we don’t sign him, then it’s a terrible sign because that 30 day clock starts after the contract is official.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

OC Lakerfan wrote:
Jimmy Butler sporting the p&g
https://www.instagram.com/p/ByyPDGWJQX5/?igshid=1u8rt4xbb0yf

I would be excited if we got Jimmy Buckets.
Day
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:43 pm    Post subject:

How funny is it imagining all of the sudden Kawhi, Kyrie, and Jimmy all fighting on who gets to come to the Lakers
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Day wrote:
The Brow and the Bron wrote:
The Laker hate game amazes me everyday
WOJ contradicts himself everyday when speaking about the Lakers, and people still do not see his agenda.😅😅😅😅😅😅😅

R-E-L-A-X PELINKGOD knows the cap

For real, that rat has been saying we didn't have enough to trade for AD for weeks and now he's praising Griffin ? LMAO

Also, he's never once said anything about Lavar on his twitter and now he tweets out the video responding to the trade of Lavar bashing us.

Yea I’m getting sick of woj. After yesterday saying pels got a haul and lakers did what they needed to do today he was on espn going with this narrative:”Griffin *preyed* on pelinka’s desperation...”

Histrionics much? Geez the guy needs to puff one or two and calm down

Last edited by DrDent on Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I would think that with magic gone signing DLO is more realistic
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:45 pm    Post subject:

Username wrote:
Is it out of the realm of possibility that we try to bring back D’Angelo Russell if Kyrie does go to Brooklyn?

God I hope not. Most overrated player on these boards since Marcus "Doberman 1" Banks.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

Day wrote:
How funny is it imagining all of the sudden Kawhi, Kyrie, and Jimmy all fighting on who gets to come to the Lakers

Yep.

So much for the Lakers FO being dysfunctional, this is the first time in Recent memory that I recall multiple stars looking to join the Lakers, the NBA is already frighten.
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

LakerMindLA wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:
From what I'm seeing, if the Pelicans want to do trade ASAP and we are dumb enough not to have agreed to put it off until August 1, we would only be about 600K off from having a full mid tier max

Would just have to include Wagner/Bonga/JOnes and most likely cash in the trade to the Pelicans or to a 3rd team. As if we havent given up enough young assets.

And in both cases, the Pelicans have to agree to play ball. Which they have no incentive to given they want the Lakers to be bad to maximize their future picks.

The pick swap, and weird/never heard of before deferment language should have been the agreed upon sweetners to have the Pelicans to play ball.
Day
Star Player
Star Player

DrDent wrote:
Day wrote:
The Brow and the Bron wrote:
The Laker hate game amazes me everyday
WOJ contradicts himself everyday when speaking about the Lakers, and people still do not see his agenda.😅😅😅😅😅😅😅

R-E-L-A-X PELINKGOD knows the cap

For real, that rat has been saying we didn't have enough to trade for AD for weeks and now he's praising Griffin ? LMAO

Also, he's never once said anything about Lavar on his twitter and now he tweets out the video responding to the trade of Lavar bashing us.

Yea I’m getting sick of woj. After yesterday saying pels got a haul and lakers did what they needed to do today he was on espn going with this narrative:”Griffin *preyed* on pelinka’s desperation...”

Histrionics much? Geez the guy needs to puff one or two and calm down

Crazy how the Lakers didn't have enough to get AD but all of the sudden Griffin preyed on Rob's desperation. You would think if we didn't have enough to trade then any possible deal would be a win for us. Woj has a lot in common with people on this forum
panamaniac
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:46 pm    Post subject:

Day wrote:

Kawhi wins that fight with his eyes closed.
Day
Star Player
Star Player

Ziggy wrote:
Username wrote:

God I hope not. Most overrated player on these boards since Marcus "Doberman 1" Banks.

Is calling DLo an allstar overrating him or stating facts?
Username
Star Player
Star Player

Ziggy wrote:
Username wrote:

I’m not a huge fan but you could do worse than having him launch open 3s with all the attention Lebron and AD will be drawing.
Day
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:47 pm    Post subject:

panamaniac wrote:
Day wrote:

I didn't mean physically fighting but that's funny too, Jimmy would put up a good fight IMO
panamaniac
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:48 pm    Post subject:

Day wrote:
panamaniac wrote:
Day wrote:

I didn't mean physically fighting but that's funny too, Jimmy would put up a good fight IMO

I meant as far as who the better player/fit is.
LakerMindLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:49 pm    Post subject:

dcarter4kobe wrote:
LakerMindLA wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:

The pick swap, and weird/never heard of before deferment language should have been the agreed upon sweetners to have the Pelicans to play ball.

Imagine if we just used last year’s 1st and a 2nd to turn Deng into a smaller salary.

We could have traded him to Atlanta for Plumlee, waived him, and the had plenty of room for another max.
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Car54 wrote:
Day wrote:
Car54 wrote:
The same folk who said Gail Benson won’t let Him be traded to he Lakers are in the thread spewing more hate lol.

“Don’t give away all the young guys” Lakers keep Kuzma “man they gave away the farm”

It never ends lol

The same guys who said "omg BI + Zo + #4 is way too much stop outbidding ourselves wahhh" are now saying that was a good deal too.

Woj and others "there's no way the Lakers have enough to get AD" are now saying "Griffin got a HAUL from the Lakers", how could they get a haul if we never had enough to even make the trade in the first place ?

Same people that were saying it's a top 3 heavy draft are now crying that we gave away the #4

The same people who said we have to keep one of our core now no longer think Kuzma is good or worth having kept.

There's probably a lot more if I cared to give it more thought lol

Woj and Windhorst

Yep...one minute the assets suck the next they’re incredible. These guys - especially woj and windhorst - are just blowhards. I also notice no one ever confronts them with their contradictions.
Day
Star Player
Star Player

panamaniac wrote:
Day wrote:
panamaniac wrote:
Day wrote:

I meant as far as who the better player/fit is.

oh LOL then yeah I agree for sure.

I think Jimmy is an interesting option, I prefer Kyrie more but only by a little and mainly because he's younger. Jimmy is a decent 3pt shooter and would add some much needed defense if it were between the two but yea, Kawhi hands down is the best option.
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:54 pm    Post subject:

Username wrote:
Ziggy wrote:
Username wrote:

I’m not a huge fan but you could do worse than having him launch open 3s with all the attention Lebron and AD will be drawing.

He is about on par with Brook Lopez as a shooter. Not great, not terrible. Just meh.
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:54 pm    Post subject:

IF Pelinka didn't get NOP to agree to our timeline of July 30th then this is a big loss for us. I would think that those extra pick swaps were to accomodate for the timeline to get us max cap space.

Any dumb ass could have given up all of that for AD with NOP dictating the timeline.
ValleyLakeshowLover
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:56 pm    Post subject:

The Juggernaut wrote:
IF Pelinka didn't get NOP to agree to our timeline of July 30th then this is a big loss for us. I would think that those extra pick swaps were to accomodate for the timeline to get us max cap space.

Any dumb ass could have given up all of that for AD with NOP dictating the timeline.

What's stopping the Lakers from signing the pick after the Pelicans tell us who to draft? That would basically force the trade back to 7/30, right?
Dilla_
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:56 pm    Post subject:

Everyone want the Lakers to stay clear of Boogie, IT, D-Rose and Melo in free-agency?
Day
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:57 pm    Post subject:

Ziggy wrote:
Username wrote:
Ziggy wrote:
Username wrote:

He is about on par with Brook Lopez as a shooter. Not great, not terrible. Just meh.

He's also only 23 years old ( almost 9 years younger than Brook ) and has improved every year he's been in the league, including an all star appearance.

The hate for DLo is unreal
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1894, 1895, 1896 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 1895 of 8560
Jump to: