OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1893, 1894, 1895 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Laker7
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:18 pm    Post subject:

For all the cap / trade guru's around here. Question.

If we complete the trade then try to sign a free agent we have less than the max.

If we sign a free agent (using the current max cap space) can we then complete the trade?

I do not recall anything in the trade requiring us to give NO a trade exception.
M2K
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:18 pm    Post subject:

Showty wrote:
There is no way Pelinka gave up that much and not took into account the salary cap situation and the chance to sign a huge FA.

We are all in.

pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:19 pm    Post subject:

Day wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:
mhan00 wrote:
Freddie Buckets wrote:
Quote:

Bleacher Report
@BleacherReport
Lakers expected to pursue Kawhi Leonard in free agency, per
@KevinOConnorNBA

Which is why it would have been nice to have hammered out the all so important timing of the trade before agreeing to it. Still hoping Tania, Woj, and Marks got it wrong somehow, but I’m feeling more and more resigned to it.

I’m honestly baffled that Rob didn’t know this and demand for it. Gave up 3 1sts and two mother (bleep) pick swaps

Hmmm. Pelinka is supposed to be a cap expert. Let's wait and see before assuming he has made yet another stupid move. I'm sure there's a good reason we gave NO an even better deal than Magic was offering.

How did we give NO a better deal than what Magic was offering? Magic offered everyone, including this pick ( and kuz ) which might have still ended up being the #4 AND was gonna take on Hill's salary

We gave them far more draft assets than Magic offered and we thought this year's pick was #10-13. The #4 was supposed to make our position stronger I thought? Along with no other offer from another team? The "win" all The Pelinkastans have to pretend to celebrate is we keep the most overrated, dime-a-dozen guy. Where would we ever have found a wing that shoots 30% from 3 with below average defense? L-freakin-mao.
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:20 pm    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
Car54 wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
if we get max and trade is executed in July end/august. we have a real MLE or still just exception?

does the nba still have bi annual exception or no?

Just the room bro but next year we could have the MLE becaise we’ll be over the cap

thanks. how much is it

I believe a lil over 8 mill
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:21 pm    Post subject:

Day wrote:
Car54 wrote:
The same folk who said Gail Benson won’t let Him be traded to he Lakers are in the thread spewing more hate lol.

“Don’t give away all the young guys” Lakers keep Kuzma “man they gave away the farm”

It never ends lol

The same guys who said "omg BI + Zo + #4 is way too much stop outbidding ourselves wahhh" are now saying that was a good deal too.

Woj and others "there's no way the Lakers have enough to get AD" are now saying "Griffin got a HAUL from the Lakers", how could they get a haul if we never had enough to even make the trade in the first place ?

Same people that were saying it's a top 3 heavy draft are now crying that we gave away the #4

The same people who said we have to keep one of our core now no longer think Kuzma is good or worth having kept.

There's probably a lot more if I cared to give it more thought lol

Woj and Windhorst
noahp45
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:22 pm    Post subject:

lukewaltonsdad wrote:
I still think Jimmy Butler is the max guy we get...

Philly offering 5 years Lakers getting Kyrie
srm90
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:23 pm    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
I don't get why people who bring up legitimate concerns about the third agent are labeled negative Nancys or Chicken Littles while the people who use blind faith as the cornerstone of their logic are considered better posters.

Almost zero high quality posters (those who take time to carefully explain the logic of their lineups and potential depth charts) have come out in favor of this trade and almost everyone defending it is saying relax, have faith, everything will be okay without any supporting information.

You are happy we signed AD... that's fine... he's a great player.

But surely you can see we paid a lot, and surely you can see it's a fair concern whether we have room for the third agent.

Some of you are reaching to destroy Woj's reputation and propping up Arye's name to justify the trade.

I'm not saying it's impossible that Woj is wrong and that Arye can't be right but the likelihood of Woj bringing up legitimate information is more likely to be accurate.

The main argument many here had for keeping Kuzma over BI/Ball/Garland was salary concerns.

I thought that was a fair point... but now it looks like that aspect has been ignored.

So then you start thinking... did we keep Kuz because he schmoozed Jeanie the most?

Why wouldn't we keep Ball or Garland to pair with AD and LBJ if we weren't going to carve space for a max like Kemba or Kyrie?

This is not chicken little... this is a fair point to make.

Again the fact that mostly posters who are making one sentence arguments without using any data to support their defense of the trade is disturbing.

I just listened to Pete on ESPN and he was hot and cold on the idea.

I imagine that he was walking the tightrope of keeping his journalistic credibility without throwing his team under the bus.

If he was saying... man this is fantastic, there is no downside... I'd feel way better... but he was being very diplomatic.

Instead I listen to mostly lurking carpetbaggers telling me I have no right to express my worry.

It's BS if you ask me.

I personally just don’t see the point in getting all worked up about it until free agency starts. Until then, nobody really knows what is gonna happen. If free agency opens and then it trurns out Kawhi or Kyrie were interested in coming here but we can’t sign them because Pelinka screwed the cap up with the trade, then yes we all should be demanding he be fired.

But until then it’s all speculation from secondary and tertiary sources.

Im just gonna let this all play out once free agency starts and see where we are going with this. At the end of the day I’m still glad we have LBJ and AD. But Pelinka has a lot of work to do filling out this roster. I hope he learned from his mistakes last offseason.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:25 pm    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
LakerMindLA wrote:
D-Shiznit wrote:
Lonzo-Lite wrote:
How are we getting Kawhi?

Is AD waiving his trade kicker AND Kawhi taking a $5 mil per discount?

Even IF the trade doesn't happen on July 30th as we would like, we can open a max slot:

"There is a way Lakers could get to $32M+ cap room w/o waiting 30 days: If Anthony Davis waives his trade bonus and Lakers include Mo Wagner, Isaac Bonga, and Jemerrio Jones (would need to agree to guarantee $195K+ of salary) in the trade (to NOP or 3rd team)."

I really don't see how this is possible:

Bron:37.4
Ad: 27.1
Kuz: 1.97
9xRoster Holds: ~ 7.85
Deng: ~ 5m

-------

= $79.3

109-79.3 = $29.7

the idea is to sign the max 1st and then make the trade.

that way u dont have to send 27.1 and can be upto 5mil less.

We would have to convince the Pelicans to take on more salary. Not exactly a given without more assets given up. I think we also have to convince AD to give up his trade kicker, which might be easy to do, I dunno. 4 million is 4 million.
mj32
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:27 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
Day wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:
mhan00 wrote:
Freddie Buckets wrote:
Quote:

Bleacher Report
@BleacherReport
@KevinOConnorNBA

Which is why it would have been nice to have hammered out the all so important timing of the trade before agreeing to it. Still hoping Tania, Woj, and Marks got it wrong somehow, but I’m feeling more and more resigned to it.

I’m honestly baffled that Rob didn’t know this and demand for it. Gave up 3 1sts and two mother (bleep) pick swaps

Hmmm. Pelinka is supposed to be a cap expert. Let's wait and see before assuming he has made yet another stupid move. I'm sure there's a good reason we gave NO an even better deal than Magic was offering.

How did we give NO a better deal than what Magic was offering? Magic offered everyone, including this pick ( and kuz ) which might have still ended up being the #4 AND was gonna take on Hill's salary

We gave them far more draft assets than Magic offered and we thought this year's pick was #10-13. The #4 was supposed to make our position stronger I thought? Along with no other offer from another team? The "win" all The Pelinkastans have to pretend to celebrate is we keep the most overrated, dime-a-dozen guy. Where would we ever have found a wing that shoots 30% from 3 with below average defense? L-freakin-mao.

Do you believe everything you read? The Lakers just got a future hof in his prime and you and some others are stressing over who won the trade on paper? We wont know until a few years from now who won the trade. Likely it will be a win win for both franchises.
lakerican
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:27 pm    Post subject:

lukewaltonsdad wrote:

Yep.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:29 pm    Post subject:

mj32 wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
Day wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:
mhan00 wrote:
Freddie Buckets wrote:
Quote:

Bleacher Report
@BleacherReport
@KevinOConnorNBA

Do you believe everything you read? The Lakers just got a future hof in his prime and you and some others are stressing over who won the trade on paper? We wont know until a few years from now who won the trade. Likely it will be a win win for both franchises.

Are you saying the same thing to people claiming the trade was a huge win? Or is it only premature for the people you disagree with?
mj32
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:29 pm    Post subject:

srm90 wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
I don't get why people who bring up legitimate concerns about the third agent are labeled negative Nancys or Chicken Littles while the people who use blind faith as the cornerstone of their logic are considered better posters.

Almost zero high quality posters (those who take time to carefully explain the logic of their lineups and potential depth charts) have come out in favor of this trade and almost everyone defending it is saying relax, have faith, everything will be okay without any supporting information.

You are happy we signed AD... that's fine... he's a great player.

But surely you can see we paid a lot, and surely you can see it's a fair concern whether we have room for the third agent.

Some of you are reaching to destroy Woj's reputation and propping up Arye's name to justify the trade.

I'm not saying it's impossible that Woj is wrong and that Arye can't be right but the likelihood of Woj bringing up legitimate information is more likely to be accurate.

The main argument many here had for keeping Kuzma over BI/Ball/Garland was salary concerns.

I thought that was a fair point... but now it looks like that aspect has been ignored.

So then you start thinking... did we keep Kuz because he schmoozed Jeanie the most?

Why wouldn't we keep Ball or Garland to pair with AD and LBJ if we weren't going to carve space for a max like Kemba or Kyrie?

This is not chicken little... this is a fair point to make.

Again the fact that mostly posters who are making one sentence arguments without using any data to support their defense of the trade is disturbing.

I just listened to Pete on ESPN and he was hot and cold on the idea.

I imagine that he was walking the tightrope of keeping his journalistic credibility without throwing his team under the bus.

If he was saying... man this is fantastic, there is no downside... I'd feel way better... but he was being very diplomatic.

Instead I listen to mostly lurking carpetbaggers telling me I have no right to express my worry.

It's BS if you ask me.

I personally just don’t see the point in getting all worked up about it until free agency starts. Until then, nobody really knows what is gonna happen. If free agency opens and then it trurns out Kawhi or Kyrie were interested in coming here but we can’t sign them because Pelinka screwed the cap up with the trade, then yes we all should be demanding he be fired.

But until then it’s all speculation from secondary and tertiary sources.

Im just gonna let this all play out once free agency starts and see where we are going with this. At the end of the day I’m still glad we have LBJ and AD. But Pelinka has a lot of work to do filling out this roster. I hope he learned from his mistakes last offseason.

Well said.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:31 pm    Post subject:

lakerican wrote:
lukewaltonsdad wrote:

Yep.

Even if Sixers are offering the 5th year?
realking24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:32 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
Day wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:
mhan00 wrote:
Freddie Buckets wrote:
Quote:

Bleacher Report
@BleacherReport
@KevinOConnorNBA

I agree with you guys and I feel he had no choice it was a price he had to pay!! I’m all in!! I am referring to if the news is true in which it probably isn’t, with Rob not negotiating the correct dates so we can have a 3rd max slot available I would be pissed!!! Also LeBron and Rich Paul Plus Davis made it easier on Rob then we think but I will absolutely give him credit!!

Go Lakers
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:32 pm    Post subject:

The draft is this week, does that mean of the AD trade isn’t finalized by then, we will drafter someone st #4 for NOP?
Username
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:35 pm    Post subject:

Is it out of the realm of possibility that we try to bring back D’Angelo Russell if Kyrie does go to Brooklyn?
Super Mega Team
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:37 pm    Post subject:

Jimmy Butler sporting the p&g
https://www.instagram.com/p/ByyPDGWJQX5/?igshid=1u8rt4xbb0yf
srm90
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:37 pm    Post subject:

SGV-Laker fan wrote:
The draft is this week, does that mean of the AD trade isn’t finalized by then, we will drafter someone st #4 for NOP?

I’m pretty sure the rules don’t allow for us to finalize the trade by then so I believe we will be picking for NOLA
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:38 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
mj32 wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
Day wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:
mhan00 wrote:
Freddie Buckets wrote:
Quote:

Bleacher Report
@BleacherReport
@KevinOConnorNBA

Are you saying the same thing to people claiming the trade was a huge win? Or is it only premature for the people you disagree with?

Only premature for people who back up their opinions by using tweets that no one knows if they are true or not.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Username wrote:
Is it out of the realm of possibility that we try to bring back D’Angelo Russell if Kyrie does go to Brooklyn?

after kawhi, i prefer to split that cost into
DLO
Pat Bev

MLE goes to another guard
€H£M£$TR¥
Star Player
Star Player

Car54 wrote:
Day wrote:
Car54 wrote:
The same folk who said Gail Benson won’t let Him be traded to he Lakers are in the thread spewing more hate lol.

“Don’t give away all the young guys” Lakers keep Kuzma “man they gave away the farm”

It never ends lol

The same guys who said "omg BI + Zo + #4 is way too much stop outbidding ourselves wahhh" are now saying that was a good deal too.

Woj and others "there's no way the Lakers have enough to get AD" are now saying "Griffin got a HAUL from the Lakers", how could they get a haul if we never had enough to even make the trade in the first place ?

Same people that were saying it's a top 3 heavy draft are now crying that we gave away the #4

The same people who said we have to keep one of our core now no longer think Kuzma is good or worth having kept.

There's probably a lot more if I cared to give it more thought lol

Woj and Windhorst

I stipulated if we get Kawhi as a FA by using by AD as bait, that all is forgiven. Kawhi; not Kyrie not Butler - Kawhi. Otherwise, it was an overpay. The Kawhi timeline of him being THE max FA this summer is what makes the gamble of overpay worth it.
LakerMindLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:39 pm    Post subject:

There are basically only 2 ways for the Lakers to have max room:

1) AD trade is complete on July 30th - 30 days after we sign #4.

2) Lakers sign a max FA, then include Bonga, Wagner and Jones in the original trade for AD, which would be enough money make the trade as an over the cap-team.
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:39 pm    Post subject:

From what I'm seeing, if the Pelicans want to do trade ASAP and we are dumb enough not to have agreed to put it off until August 1, we would only be about 600K off from having a full mid tier max

Would just have to include Wagner/Bonga/JOnes and most likely cash in the trade to the Pelicans or to a 3rd team. As if we havent given up enough young assets.
Username
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:40 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
Day wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:
mhan00 wrote:
Freddie Buckets wrote:
Quote:

Bleacher Report
@BleacherReport
@KevinOConnorNBA

It must be eating you alive that Pelinka just transformed us into a title favorite overnight. My condolences.
Day
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:40 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
Day wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:
mhan00 wrote:
Freddie Buckets wrote:
Quote:

Bleacher Report
@BleacherReport
@KevinOConnorNBA

We kept Kuz, you can bash him now all you want but there's a reason everyone from other teams and media and fans on this board all consider that a huge win.
We didn't take on Hill's contract which would have been horrible.
We gave up the same pick that we were lucky to get that Magic was offering, what we thought it would end up doesn't really matter much because it would have been gone in Magic's offer too.
2 FRP's and swaps that are irrelevant which, in all honestly aside from the swaps, were probably going to be offered up anyways.

How you can say Magic's offer was better is baffling but shows your bias/agenda.

Edit - and as far as the Kuz thing, what other 23 year old 20ppg player who's on an incredibly cheap contract would we have gotten? Stop being stupid

Last edited by Day on Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:41 pm; edited 2 times in total
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1893, 1894, 1895 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 1894 of 8560
Jump to: