OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1690, 1691, 1692 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:13 am    Post subject:

what's the latest?

Still BI-Ball+/- Hart/Wagner and shopping #4 to a 3rd team for NO with Kuz staying home?
Palin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:16 am    Post subject:

Mannix says Lakers are slightly favorite. Lol such a homer this guy.
PDX_LAKERFAN
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:23 am    Post subject:

Palin wrote:
Mannix says Lakers are slightly favorite. Lol such a homer this guy.

The problem is that the media is covering the Lakers because that's the draw, yet those covering them are all Laker haters. When they suggest that Tatum by himself and not much else is better than Ball + Ingram + 4th pick, something smells fishy.
LKA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:25 am    Post subject:

3baller wrote:
Black Sheep wrote:
So we go from Lonzo, Dlo, Ingram, Randle, Nance, Hart, Clarkson, Kuzma, max slot to 35 year old Lebron, injury prone AD and a Max slot? Uhh isnt the point top progress not regress?...

Oh boi

Let's have a fantasy draft with those pool of players you mentioned. Who's your 1st 2nd and 3rd pick?

LeBron
Davis
Russell
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:29 am    Post subject:

JustaObserver wrote:
Car54 wrote:
WindyCityLakerFan wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
WindyCityLakerFan wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
Not at all surprised the deal is still not done despite the Ingram, Ball and 4 offer. Only in Laker land does anyone think Ingram and Ball are players worth keeping over AD. You are not getting equal value here if you are the Pels. Plus you know AD will stay in LA longterm. AD would be a starter and an all star on a contender as the teams second best player maybe third best. Ball and Ingram are years away from being that player and there is a better chance they will never even be an all star.

LA is going to have to push for this. We will see if they can get this done. It is nice to hear that ADs agent is talking to Boston and telling them that AD will not stay there longterm.

Im still wondering how anyone is debating this

Simple.

No other serious suitors.

We've seen stars traded for less.

Ok pjiddy I understand that. If you keep ball and send Ingram and #4 you are know taking the max slot out of play. You are absorbing the difference into cap space. With the possibility of uncle Dennis delivering Kawhi to go along with AD that’s a win for me. I don’t know how anybody can say a offseason or Anthony Davis and Kawhi is a failure

If they was willing to part ways with AD for trash they wouldn’t be sending him to the Lakers!!! What’s so hard to understand about that?

WE OWN ALL THE CARD? What you dont get?

1.Kyrei out the Door Bye Ainge
2.Agent SAYS WE NOT STAYING WITH ANY TEAM OTHER THAN LAKERS NY
3.STAR WANTS TO LEAVE
4. STAR ONLY HAS THIS YEAR ON CONTRACT
5.WE HAVE ENOUGH TO TRADE WITHOUT GIVING THE FARM
6.??? DO YOU NEED MORE AT THIS POINT?THAT YOU IN THE DRIVERS SEAT?

Are you slow?? If they’re going to give him away it won’t be to he Lakers. We have no card other than talent. Our clock is June 30 their deadline is the trade deadline and at that point they’ll trade him for Boston trash
LKA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:30 am    Post subject:

JustaObserver wrote:
Car54 wrote:
WindyCityLakerFan wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
WindyCityLakerFan wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
Not at all surprised the deal is still not done despite the Ingram, Ball and 4 offer. Only in Laker land does anyone think Ingram and Ball are players worth keeping over AD. You are not getting equal value here if you are the Pels. Plus you know AD will stay in LA longterm. AD would be a starter and an all star on a contender as the teams second best player maybe third best. Ball and Ingram are years away from being that player and there is a better chance they will never even be an all star.

LA is going to have to push for this. We will see if they can get this done. It is nice to hear that ADs agent is talking to Boston and telling them that AD will not stay there longterm.

Im still wondering how anyone is debating this

Simple.

No other serious suitors.

We've seen stars traded for less.

Ok pjiddy I understand that. If you keep ball and send Ingram and #4 you are know taking the max slot out of play. You are absorbing the difference into cap space. With the possibility of uncle Dennis delivering Kawhi to go along with AD that’s a win for me. I don’t know how anybody can say a offseason or Anthony Davis and Kawhi is a failure

If they was willing to part ways with AD for trash they wouldn’t be sending him to the Lakers!!! What’s so hard to understand about that?

WE OWN ALL THE CARD? What you dont get?

1.Kyrei out the Door Bye Ainge
2.Agent SAYS WE NOT STAYING WITH ANY TEAM OTHER THAN LAKERS NY
3.STAR WANTS TO LEAVE
4. STAR ONLY HAS THIS YEAR ON CONTRACT
5.WE HAVE ENOUGH TO TRADE WITHOUT GIVING THE FARM
6.??? DO YOU NEED MORE AT THIS POINT?THAT YOU IN THE DRIVERS SEAT?

Why are you yelling
JustaObserver
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:31 am    Post subject:

3baller wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
Car54 wrote:
LakerLogic wrote:
Where is our perimeter defense after trading everyone for AD ?

Where’s our perimeter defense when they’re sitting out 30 games per season?

But but but you get you a AD! AAAA...DDDDDDD! HE GOING TO SAVE US...sitting on the bench

Davis 66 games per season
Ingram 63 games per season
Zo 50 games per season

Our young guys are playing even less than the superstar you guys think is injury prone. I'd be genuinely worried if I were a Pel's fan.

Those two Lonzo and Ingram dont usually be on the bench at the same time...AD on bench...and Welp you not making the playoffs....and he has done this his WHOLE CAREER....give it up he oft injured man.

Lonzo or Ingram could blow up in which we can trade ONE and get more assets.....get AD in the Off Season or trade deadline while keeping one or both blow up and you got two STARS......cant say that about AD...cant clone him....soooo...and you def not trading him..soooo
Kobe_Is_King13
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:31 am    Post subject:

Black Sheep wrote:
3baller wrote:
Black Sheep wrote:
So we go from Lonzo, Dlo, Ingram, Randle, Nance, Hart, Clarkson, Kuzma, max slot to 35 year old Lebron, injury prone AD and a Max slot? Uhh isnt the point top progress not regress?...

Oh boi

Let's have a fantasy draft with those pool of players you mentioned. Who's your 1st 2nd and 3rd pick?

Let me make it even more clear then I guess

We could have..

Lonzo
Dlo
Ingram
Randle
Magee or max slot

Bench:
Clarkson
Nance
Kuzma
Hart

Instead we might have

max slot
Lebron
Kuzma?
Ad

Bench:
??

We absolutely could NOT have had that team. Disregarding the fact we traded DLo to acquire the pick we used to draft Kuzma, we weren't a good team with Randle, Clarkson, DLo and Ingram as our main guys. We were at best the Sacramento Kings and they missed the Playoffs too this season. With Bron, Kuzma, AD, a max FA and street bodies we're much better than that group.
Harlemlakerfan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:33 am    Post subject:

PDX_LAKERFAN wrote:
We are bidding against ourselves. If the Celtics want to risk the farm, let them. I'm content at going into free agency and signing Jimmy Butler and perhaps a Deandre Jordan/Vucevic type player.

I wish you guys would stop acting like y’all are in on the negotiations. We don’t know what’s really going on! All of this “ we are negotiating against ourselves” non sense needs to stop! Let the people in charge and that are actually involved in the process do their job and then, we will find out what’s what! All of this b!tch!ing and morning about something that we can’t even verify is annoying and a waste of time. Let it play out!
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:37 am    Post subject:

Harlemlakerfan wrote:
PDX_LAKERFAN wrote:
We are bidding against ourselves. If the Celtics want to risk the farm, let them. I'm content at going into free agency and signing Jimmy Butler and perhaps a Deandre Jordan/Vucevic type player.

I wish you guys would stop acting like y’all are in on the negotiations. We don’t know what’s really going on! All of this “ we are negotiating against ourselves” non sense needs to stop! Let the people in charge and that are actually involved in the process do their job and then, we will find out what’s what! All of this b!tch!ing and morning about something that we can’t even verify is annoying and a waste of time. Let it play out!

rainy day in northeast but still slammed at work... I need real update, these west coast foos need to wake up
JustaObserver
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:37 am    Post subject:

Kobe_Is_King13 wrote:
Black Sheep wrote:
3baller wrote:
Black Sheep wrote:

Oh boi

We could have..

Lonzo
Dlo
Ingram
Randle
Magee or max slot

Bench:
Clarkson
Nance
Kuzma
Hart

Instead we might have

max slot
Lebron
Kuzma?
Ad

Bench:
??

We absolutely could NOT have had that team. Disregarding the fact we traded DLo to acquire the pick we used to draft Kuzma, we weren't a good team with Randle, Clarkson, DLo and Ingram as our main guys. We were at best the Sacramento Kings and they missed the Playoffs too this season. With Bron, Kuzma, AD, a max FA and street bodies we're much better than that group.

Please stop...please stop saying we couldnt get kuzma..the only radar he was on was ours...smh. Please stop making excuses for that idiot Magic trading Dlo..please stop. We didnt Allow them to grow...because Magic and L'Bum wanted the win now approach...which led them this year slightly over a team without LBum...hehe....please stop. Without LBum and Magic...i think we get one star and we actually could go playoffs...not win..but go playoffs...
BEFORE YOU SAY IT WOULDNT WIN RINGS....how far did we go this year with LBRONNIE....nowhere so pleas stop.
Kobe_Is_King13
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:39 am    Post subject:

Harlemlakerfan wrote:
PDX_LAKERFAN wrote:

^^^THIS X 1000
Geez, shut up!

Our young guys have potential but they aren't even enough to beat the Knicks, the Cavs or Grizzlies without Bron. And these are the guys so many people are crying to keep over AD? You're crazy!

I don't want to give them all up but it's not the worst thing in the world and it's not in my hands. Just relax and wait to see how this plays out.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:41 am    Post subject:

LKA wrote:

Why are you yelling

lol
Kobe_Is_King13
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:48 am    Post subject:

JustaObserver wrote:
Kobe_Is_King13 wrote:
Black Sheep wrote:
3baller wrote:
Black Sheep wrote:

Oh boi

We could have..

Lonzo
Dlo
Ingram
Randle
Magee or max slot

Bench:
Clarkson
Nance
Kuzma
Hart

Instead we might have

max slot
Lebron
Kuzma?
Ad

Bench:
??

Please stop...please stop saying we couldnt get kuzma..the only radar he was on was ours...smh. Please stop making excuses for that idiot Magic trading Dlo..please stop. We didnt Allow them to grow...because Magic and L'Bum wanted the win now approach...which led them this year slightly over a team without LBum...hehe....please stop. Without LBum and Magic...i think we get one star and we actually could go playoffs...not win..but go playoffs...
BEFORE YOU SAY IT WOULDNT WIN RINGS....how far did we go this year with LBRONNIE....nowhere so pleas stop.

We won more games this year with a hobbled LeBron and 3 of out other top 4 players injured than we ever won with DLo, Ingram and Randle as our nuclues. The thought that we should have kept DLo instead of signing LeBron is utterly ridiculous.

LeBron in a wheelchair is better than DLo. If the team just ran it back, didn't add a soul and stayed healthy we could make the playoffs. I'd take our team as is over the Nets with DLo in any playoff series.

You can't expect to be taken seriously if don't get that Bron alone is worth more than DLo and Randle combined.
PDX_LAKERFAN
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:50 am    Post subject:

Harlemlakerfan wrote:
PDX_LAKERFAN wrote:

I'm acting like it because the last time I checked it's a forum where we give our opinions, no?

Thus, it's my opinion that I am sharing on a forum.

The last time I also checked, Knicks aren't offering and the Celtics were warned it's a one year rental. Who are we really bidding against? Is my comment way out of line when I suggest we would be negotiating against ourselves if we continue to up the bid?
JustaObserver
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:50 am    Post subject:

Kobe_Is_King13 wrote:
Harlemlakerfan wrote:
PDX_LAKERFAN wrote:

^^^THIS X 1000
Geez, shut up!

Our young guys have potential but they aren't even enough to beat the Knicks, the Cavs or Grizzlies without Bron. And these are the guys so many people are crying to keep over AD? You're crazy!

I don't want to give them all up but it's not the worst thing in the world and it's not in my hands. Just relax and wait to see how this plays out.

Because this FO unlike any of its past has never reked of such Weakness and stupidity...that the leaks coming out only verifies ALL OF OUR FEARS...of how pathetic this OFFICE IS....not used to moves being made like we the KNICKS or the Clippers of old or the Kings or Timberwolves with Kaun behind it....and its scary. This office like a never ending Horror Movie.
Bard207
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:52 am    Post subject:

lakersfan8 wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
lakersfan8 wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
If you Keep Ingram there's no room for another max is that correct?

I thought we wouldn’t be able to have a max space anyway after the trade regardless which package we offer.

This really has been repeated so often in this thread. You have to be able to send out just a shade under $21.6MM in outgoing salary to have a within-the-rules, salary-matching trade for AD. The order of sequence would be agreeing to a trade before free agency (but that it can't go through officially until 30 days after the #4 pick signs), signing a max free agent with cap space, and then officially executing the salary-matching trade for AD. So when thinking about an AD trade, any trade that sends out at least that nearly $21.6MM figure must be accomplished. On the first page of this thread you should see salary figures for certain players, and you can also go to sites like Basketball Insiders to look at specific salary figures for players on the Lakers and other teams, if you'd like. I will also note that you can sign the #4 pick to 120% of scale, meaning the actual salary of that player that goes out in the eventual trade could actually be just over $7MM. Anyhow, the following trades would get you to that nearly $21.6MM figure...

--First Scenario: Lonzo, BI, and #4. Our top 3 assets get you there.

--Second Scenario: Keeping BI. If you did that, you'd have to send out Lonzo, #4, Kuzma, Hart, Wagner, and Bonga. Doesn't leave us very much depth, however.

--Third Scenario: Keeping Lonzo. If you did that, you'd have to send out BI, #4, Kuzma, Hart, Wagner, and Bonga, and you'd still be slightly short. This means that you would have to get the Pels to agree to take back a player like Jemerrio Jones for the added salary, but that also means that you'd have to keep Jones' hold on the books during free agency, which means that the max free agent would have to take slightly less than the max. And like the Second Scenario, you also have virtually no depth left.

So there are basically only two trades we can make that get us to the necessary salary, with the third one leaving us just shy of max space.

That’s how I understood it initially but Bard said it couldn’t be done. Maybe I misunderstood him. Thanks

Quote:

I thought we wouldn’t be able to have a max space anyway after the trade regardless which package we offer.

If they go 100% on completing the trade which includes a trade call to the league office prior to signing a 30% max free agent, then they won't have enough cap space for the 30% max free agent.

The trade needs to be agreed to between the teams on a verbal/handshake basis, but not taken to the league office for the trade call.

Then conduct free agency business in July with the completion of the trade afterward when the #4 pick can be traded 30 days after signing his contract.

Summary:

1. Agree to a Davis trade, but don't fully complete it.

2. Function as a team below the salary cap and sign the 30% max FA into cap space.

3. Function as a team over the salary cap and send out the required amount of salary in a trade for Davis.
PDX_LAKERFAN
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:55 am    Post subject:

Kobe_Is_King13 wrote:
Harlemlakerfan wrote:
PDX_LAKERFAN wrote:

^^^THIS X 1000
Geez, shut up!

So I'm of the opinion that we do not need to overpay and bow giving up the farm at this point. Both sides have risks involved but I just think we have other options, that's all I'm saying.
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:00 am    Post subject:

By the way, Lonzo + BI + #4 for AD is not an overpay. It is ridiculous to think it is. Seems like AD doesn't get the respect here that he deserves.

Last time I checked, Lonzo and Ingram are not stars.
av3773
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:02 am    Post subject:

It will be interesting to see how it turns out.

For me I see the Lakers holding on to Ball or the 4th pick would be huge and whatever the rest of the deal was that would be a win in my book.

Like both Kuz and Ingram, but the reality is we'd have better quality players at each of their positions in AD and Bron, who should be playing their natural positions, people need to stop slotting them in at C and PF respectively.

AD on a break with Bron or Ball would be brutal

Ball doesn't dominate the ball in the half court

We'd have an elite front court and back court defender

Would really love the above scenario.

However, obviously the Pels might Ball, in which case keeping the 4th would be awesome.

Lakers able to bring in a quality prospect on a great contract

3 of the most talked about options, Garland, Hunter and culver would all fit great with AD and Bron and each would bring some skills the lakers need in general whether that's shooting or D

If we keep the pick and it pans out we have a great transition built in when Bron hangs them up and/or slows down

They might be able to use the pick to help address a loss in depth by trading 4 for 2 picks

They might be able to use the pick in some other type of player deal
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:04 am    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:
By the way, Lonzo + BI + #4 for AD is not an overpay. It is ridiculous to think it is. Seems like AD doesn't get the respect here that he deserves.

Context.
It's not about ADs worth per se.
But it's taking into account demand.
So depending on other offers from other teams, they may not need to offer LB4
PDX_LAKERFAN
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:06 am    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:

The market dictates his trade value. I agree that his value alone isn't overpaying, however if this is a bidding market and the last bid was $100 dollars by another person, why would you offer $200 when you could just simply offer $105 to get the deal done?

Last edited by PDX_LAKERFAN on Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Kobe_Is_King13
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:08 am    Post subject:

PDX_LAKERFAN wrote:
Kobe_Is_King13 wrote:
Harlemlakerfan wrote:
PDX_LAKERFAN wrote:

^^^THIS X 1000
Geez, shut up!

So I'm of the opinion that we do not need to overpay and bow giving up the farm at this point. Both sides have risks involved but I just think we have other options, that's all I'm saying.

Our farm has potential. But our farm didn't make the playoffs last year. I get they were injured, but Zo and Ingram are injured more than the player we're trading for. Losing Kuz would suck. I'd prefer we keep one of the three. But if giving up the young guys is what it takes to move this franchise into position to compete for a championship next season, I'd have to unfortunately part ways with them.

That just my take though. I completely understand if the FO doesn't want to.

To me our worst case scenario is better than the Pelicans worst case scenario. At worst we keep the #4 pick and all our young guys. We pick either Garland or Culver and fill out the roster from there. We roll into the season with LeBron, Culver/Garland, Zo, Ingram, Kuzma, Hart and whatever we get in FA. Do our best next year and target AD in 2020. I'm ok with that. The Pelicans are the ones that must do something or lose AD for nothing. We can stand pat and still have a competitive team next year.
matigol
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:09 am    Post subject:

JustaObserver wrote:
LKA wrote:
GameCock-MD wrote:
Once again, Lonzo over Ingram. Kuzma over Ingram.

Facts

I got a question..why do we care about one over the other? Griffin has no leverage for the uptenth time...why are we giving away anything but a resigned kcp+bonga+wagner+future 1st and 2nd?

We don't do it because Bonga is our secret weapon
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:12 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
lakersfan8 wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
If you Keep Ingram there's no room for another max is that correct?

This really has been repeated so often in this thread. You have to be able to send out just a shade under $21.6MM in outgoing salary to have a within-the-rules, salary-matching trade for AD. The order of sequence would be agreeing to a trade before free agency (but that it can't go through officially until 30 days after the #4 pick signs), signing a max free agent with cap space, and then officially executing the salary-matching trade for AD. So when thinking about an AD trade, any trade that sends out at least that nearly $21.6MM figure must be accomplished. On the first page of this thread you should see salary figures for certain players, and you can also go to sites like Basketball Insiders to look at specific salary figures for players on the Lakers and other teams, if you'd like. I will also note that you can sign the #4 pick to 120% of scale, meaning the actual salary of that player that goes out in the eventual trade could actually be just over $7MM. Anyhow, the following trades would get you to that nearly $21.6MM figure...

--First Scenario: Lonzo, BI, and #4. Our top 3 assets get you there.

--Second Scenario: Keeping BI. If you did that, you'd have to send out Lonzo, #4, Kuzma, Hart, Wagner, and Bonga. Doesn't leave us very much depth, however.

--Third Scenario: Keeping Lonzo. If you did that, you'd have to send out BI, #4, Kuzma, Hart, Wagner, and Bonga, and you'd still be slightly short. This means that you would have to get the Pels to agree to take back a player like Jemerrio Jones for the added salary, but that also means that you'd have to keep Jones' hold on the books during free agency, which means that the max free agent would have to take slightly less than the max. And like the Second Scenario, you also have virtually no depth left.

So there are basically only two trades we can make that get us to the necessary salary, with the third one leaving us just shy of max space.

Keeping BI in scenario #2 does not require sending out Bonga...

adkindo wrote:
Bard207 wrote:
$27,093,019 (Davis) - $100,000 = $26,993,019

$26,993,019 / 1.25 = $21,594,415.20 (Needed Outgoing Salary)

Ball - $8,719,320
#4 - $7,059,360 (@ 120%)
Kuzma - $1,974,360
Hart - $1,934,160
Wagner - $2,063,520

Total - $21,750,960
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1690, 1691, 1692 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 1691 of 8560
Jump to: