OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1611, 1612, 1613 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:08 am    Post subject:

The Lakers gonna get Vince a ring fo sho.
BlackStarMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:09 am    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
BlackStarMamba wrote:
You need homegrown talent to be part of championship or it just wouldn't feel right

Boston 08 - Rondo, Big Baby, Perkins. One championship. 11 years later they are not closer to winning another one.

Miami - Wade, Haslem, Chalmers. 2/4 championships and they were not even easy wins. The league was less competitive then, than it is now.

Lakers Teams - Devean George, Kobe, Fisher, Bynum, Sasha

LOL

How about

Garnett and Allen

LeBron, Bosh and Allen

Shaq, Fox, Horry, Gasol, Odom, Ariza, Artest

THOSE are the players winning championships. I liked NVE and Eddie Jones, but who cares if we're winning?

the point is that Wade (homegrown talent), Paul Pierce (homegrown), Kobe (homegrown) All major pieces is not 1a/1b on those teams, the others were nice. But you cant tell me it wont feel weird having a championship where ALL pieces are all transplanted.

I guess that embodies Los Angeles now to us. Most people are transplanted, bandwagon-ed nowadays
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:10 am    Post subject:

HAWAIIGUY27 wrote:
epak wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
Player 1: 20.0/7.9/2.9 soon 27, wants 20-25m per year

Player 2: 18.7/5.5/2.5 soon 24, earns 2m for next 2 years

who you want

I'm still surprised BI put up 18/5/3 last year.
The season was so disappointing as a whole, that this gets lost in the shuffle.

Who's the 20/8/3 guy?

Spoiler Alert: It's Tobias Harris and Kyle Kuzma

Ah it is Tobias. Thanks.
Yea, I'd rather keep the lower cost guy.

Ah, and it is Kuzma and not BI.
Man, the Lakers had 2 guys getting ~18/5/3 last year. That's crazy.
BlackStarMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:10 am    Post subject:

screwhead728 wrote:
BlackStarMamba wrote:
Die hard Laker fan since 91. I don't want the haul for AD. You can manufacture a championship, but its really lame and not exciting. Its not good. I don't care what anyone says. This is not the Lebron Klutch Lakers.

Every championship team has core players that played big roles in the team. If Lakers traded everyone to have Kyrie/AD/Lebron plus role players win a championship, it would be a Lebron championship and not a LA Lakers one.

You need homegrown talent to be part of championship or it just wouldn't feel right

Boston 08 - Rondo, Big Baby, Perkins. One championship. 11 years later they are not closer to winning another one.

Miami - Wade, Haslem, Chalmers. 2/4 championships and they were not even easy wins. The league was less competitive then, than it is now.

if Hart, Kuz, #4, Zo are gone it will be unprecedented championship without any homegrown talent and will feel really lame. I'm sorry.

Shaq coming to LA was a "manufactured" championship. We are the Lakers. Also traded Pau Gasol, championship. I think the love for the young kids have us blind at times. Some of us keep forgetting, we got LEBRON JAMES. Can't wait to develop young players. We haven't been relevant in YEARSSS.

come on

Devean George, Kobe, Fisher were big parts of those teams. it wasn't Shaq and a bunch of ring chasing transplants.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:11 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
The Lakers gonna get Vince a ring fo sho.

That would be cool. VC deserves a championship ring and it’s unfortunate he’s been signing with rebuilding teams the last few years and hasn’t been inclined to join a win now team.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:11 am    Post subject:

BlackStarMamba wrote:
danzag wrote:
BlackStarMamba wrote:

LOL

How about

Garnett and Allen

LeBron, Bosh and Allen

THOSE are the players winning championships. I liked NVE and Eddie Jones, but who cares if we're winning?

the point is that Wade (homegrown talent), Paul Pierce (homegrown), Kobe (homegrown) All major pieces is not 1a/1b on those teams, the others were nice. But you cant tell me it wont feel weird having a championship where ALL pieces are all transplanted.

I guess that embodies Los Angeles now to us. Most people are transplanted, bandwagon-ed nowadays

Do you think Lonzo/BI are Kobe/Wade level talents?
HAWAIIGUY27
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:13 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
HAWAIIGUY27 wrote:
epak wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
Player 1: 20.0/7.9/2.9 soon 27, wants 20-25m per year

Player 2: 18.7/5.5/2.5 soon 24, earns 2m for next 2 years

who you want

I'm still surprised BI put up 18/5/3 last year.
The season was so disappointing as a whole, that this gets lost in the shuffle.

Who's the 20/8/3 guy?

Spoiler Alert: It's Tobias Harris and Kyle Kuzma

Ah it is Tobias. Thanks.
Yea, I'd rather keep the lower cost guy.

Ah, and it is Kuzma and not BI.
Man, the Lakers had 2 guys getting ~18/5/3 last year. That's crazy.

Even crazier is that BI's only 21. So theoretically, he's still at least 6 years away from reaching his peak.
BlackStarMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:15 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
BlackStarMamba wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
BlackStarMamba wrote:
Die hard Laker fan since 91. I don't want the haul for AD. You can manufacture a championship, but its really lame and not exciting. Its not good. I don't care what anyone says. This is not the Lebron Klutch Lakers.

Every championship team has core players that played big roles in the team. If Lakers traded everyone to have Kyrie/AD/Lebron plus role players win a championship, it would be a Lebron championship and not a LA Lakers one.

if Hart, Kuz, #4, Zo are gone it will be unprecedented championship without any homegrown talent and will feel really lame. I'm sorry.

I'll gladly take a championship from LBJ/AD/3rd star.

lol..different viewpoint. So does it matter the players or just the team on the Jersey. All championships mean the same?

Team for me.

If I felt that Lonzo/BI could be foundational stars like Kobe/Magic, sure, I'd fight tooth and nail to keep them. But they aren't. So, by whatever means necessary.

Say we get AD and win a ring, he's only 26 right now. Plenty of time to grow old as a Laker. LBJ brings more baggage b/c of his GOAT discussion (and competition with Kobe). But AD has a chance to be the face of this team for a good amount of time.

we make those final determinations 4-5 years into someone career and its mostly based on success. BI is entering 4, and Zo is entering 2. And Kuz is entering 2. Kobe was air balling threes in his first year.

1st 3 seasons of Kobe Shaq era they didn't win a championship.

ZO/BI has been with Bron 1 season and we are already throwing in the towel, despite knowing the season was riddled with injuries and we didn't have a championship level coach.
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:19 am    Post subject:

LakersChamps04 wrote:
What's with people's love for Tobias Harris? Dudes a glorified role player. Yall trying to pay him 20+ mil?

He can be an almost 50-40-90 shooter in a shooters league
Offensively he is the perfect #3 option... spaces the floor and can average 20ppg while at the same time has no problems deferring to other players which is essential if you are rolling with a big 3 core.
D-Shiznit
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:20 am    Post subject:

Reddit Insider:

Hey guys,

As of 10pm yesterday, Lakers and pelicans have agreed on majority of the trade. What I was told is that Lakers have official told pelicans what they are putting on the table, and the pelicans have agreed to it

The problem has been the third team, during the initial stages it was between Chicago and Phoenix. However both teams have fallen off, two new emerging team have came out, the wizards and the hawks.

There is a high sense of optimism that the trade will get done.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

WHOA WHOA
jb2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

BlackStarMamba wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
BlackStarMamba wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
BlackStarMamba wrote:

lol..different viewpoint. So does it matter the players or just the team on the Jersey. All championships mean the same?

Team for me.

If I felt that Lonzo/BI could be foundational stars like Kobe/Magic, sure, I'd fight tooth and nail to keep them. But they aren't. So, by whatever means necessary.

Say we get AD and win a ring, he's only 26 right now. Plenty of time to grow old as a Laker. LBJ brings more baggage b/c of his GOAT discussion (and competition with Kobe). But AD has a chance to be the face of this team for a good amount of time.

we make those final determinations 4-5 years into someone career and its mostly based on success. BI is entering 4, and Zo is entering 2. And Kuz is entering 2. Kobe was air balling threes in his first year.

ZO/BI has been with Bron 1 season and we are already throwing in the towel, despite knowing the season was riddled with injuries and we didn't have a championship level coach.

Fair points about giving them time but to quote Shaq, "any dummy can see the future is now"

In your comparison to the Celtics have having home grown talent along with the stars, you have to remember that we had DLO, Randle, Nance, and JC. We gave them away to make the cap space for the 2nd star but then the wheels fell off the wagon due to injury and instability.

So while I wish we could have added the 2nd star to this current group, it's looking highly unlikely. If we have to move 3/4 of our top 3 assets to get AD and then still have money to put quality depth or even another star around them, we have to go for it.

AD can spend the next decade as a the Laker great and once LeBron comes off the books, if the cap is managed properly, we'll again have space to re-build quickly with max money around AD.

It's not like we're trading for a 33 year old guy who's a 2 year window here. He's a generational talent who's begging to be in LA.
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:21 am    Post subject:

D-Shiznit wrote:
Reddit Insider:

Hey guys,

As of 10pm yesterday, Lakers and pelicans have agreed on majority of the trade. What I was told is that Lakers have official told pelicans what they are putting on the table, and the pelicans have agreed to it

The problem has been the third team, during the initial stages it was between Chicago and Phoenix. However both teams have fallen off, two new emerging team have came out, the wizards and the hawks.

Please have this be a trade agreed to in principal that will be executed after we sign a max star.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:21 am    Post subject:

D-Shiznit wrote:
Reddit Insider:

Hey guys,

LETS GET IT DONE
LakersChamps04
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:22 am    Post subject:

BlackStarMamba wrote:

this kind of reasoning is so dumb. Im sorry man. But seriously. we haven't been in the playoffs in 6 straight years and you're over here talking about wanting an organic championship? all the lakers have ever done is ACQUIRE talent. whether through trade (kareem, kobe) or free agency (shaq, lebron). we are in no position to be choosing how we want to win a championship. i dont care how its done, i want to experience another championship
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Joel Meyers said AD will get traded to Boston
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

BlackStarMamba wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
BlackStarMamba wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
BlackStarMamba wrote:

Team for me.

So you will pass on all NBA talent to wait indefinitely for home grown talent to maybe rise to Kobe/Wade levels? I wouldn't.
BlackStarMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:23 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
BlackStarMamba wrote:
danzag wrote:
BlackStarMamba wrote:

LOL

How about

Garnett and Allen

LeBron, Bosh and Allen

Do you think Lonzo/BI are Kobe/Wade level talents?

being former #2 draft picks, their expectations are high.
Victor Oladipo is being compared to Dwade now.
If Oladipo played with Lebron and won 2-3 championships he would be getting hall of fame like appreciation, similar to Kyrie. If a player doesn't have success, their appreciation diminishes ala Carmelo Anthony.

The point Im making is, we judge players on production and success. Its too soon to say they they are trash and way too soon to even make an assumption of hall of fame potential.

I'm saying that no team has transplanted ALL important players to win a championship it will take the luster out of it.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

D-Shiznit wrote:
Reddit Insider:

Hey guys,

You had me at "Reddit Insider."
Heyvoon24
Star Player
Star Player

danzag wrote:
D-Shiznit wrote:
Reddit Insider:

Hey guys,

LETS GET IT DONE

This sounds plausible but these days these "insiders" go through great lengths to dupe people lol
€H£M£$TR¥
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:24 am    Post subject:

Ok... Lakernation no matter what. Preparing for the worst, hoping for the best.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:25 am    Post subject:

Quote:
being former #2 draft picks, their expectations are high.
Victor Oladipo is being compared to Dwade now.
If Oladipo played with Lebron and won 2-3 championships he would be getting hall of fame like appreciation, similar to Kyrie. If a player doesn't have success, their appreciation diminishes ala Carmelo Anthony.

The point Im making is, we judge players on production and success. Its too soon to say they they are trash and way too soon to even make an assumption of hall of fame potential.

I'm saying that no team has transplanted ALL important players to win a championship it will take the luster out of it.

You act as if we haven't missed 6 consecutive playoffs (previously we haven't missed what, more than 2 in a row)?

I like BI and Zo, but I don't think they will be at that level where I absolutely exclude trading them for a surefire all NBA talent.

Now, I want to keep one of BI/Zo for sure.
jb2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

yinoma2001 wrote:
D-Shiznit wrote:
Reddit Insider:

Hey guys,

You had me at "Reddit Insider."

Those reddit insiders know more than the real "insiders" who are talking to the teams daily ... how ironic, huh?
BlackStarMamba
Star Player
Star Player

yinoma2001 wrote:
BlackStarMamba wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
BlackStarMamba wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
BlackStarMamba wrote:

Team for me.

So you will pass on all NBA talent to wait indefinitely for home grown talent to maybe rise to Kobe/Wade levels? I wouldn't.

i wouldn't pass, I wouldn't trade everyone. AD trade is not the only way to championship in the next 2-3 years imo. Personally AD/Kyrie/Lebron this year and next will be hard pressed to win. The league is more competitive

You can sign an all star this year. You can sign AD or another all star next year as well
screwhead728
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:26 am    Post subject:

D-Shiznit wrote:
Reddit Insider:

Hey guys,

Hopefully this is true.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1611, 1612, 1613 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 1612 of 8560
Jump to: