OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1610, 1611, 1612 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:50 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
I think some room exception level bigs (price wise) are more like Ed Davis/Vonleh.

Brook is going to be paid at least the full MLE, and Dedmon may get slightly above the room exception. Maybe he may take a cut to join a contending Lakers team.

what vet wings you have in mind?

Ariza
Seth Curry
james ennis

All will be too expensive with the room exception.

This is why I'd prefer either a 2 max FA (LBJ + 2019 FA) + depth

or

AD/LBJ + use 25-30m in cap space for depth on non-expiring deals.

Getting 3 stars sounds great, and I wouldn't be upset about it, but it's at the cost of depth. If the 3rd star to add to LBJ/AD is KL, then yes by all means. If it's Tobias, yeah, rather have more depth.

keep 1 of zo/bi, kuz, hart. remaining cap is 18-19mil i think.

sign shooters with those
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:53 am    Post subject:

BlackStarMamba wrote:
Die hard Laker fan since 91. I don't want the haul for AD. You can manufacture a championship, but its really lame and not exciting. Its not good. I don't care what anyone says. This is not the Lebron Klutch Lakers.

Every championship team has core players that played big roles in the team. If Lakers traded everyone to have Kyrie/AD/Lebron plus role players win a championship, it would be a Lebron championship and not a LA Lakers one.

You need homegrown talent to be part of championship or it just wouldn't feel right

Boston 08 - Rondo, Big Baby, Perkins. One championship. 11 years later they are not closer to winning another one.

Miami - Wade, Haslem, Chalmers. 2/4 championships and they were not even easy wins. The league was less competitive then, than it is now.

Lakers Teams - Devean George, Kobe, Fisher, Bynum, Sasha

if Hart, Kuz, #4, Zo are gone it will be unprecedented championship without any homegrown talent and will feel really lame. I'm sorry.

I'll gladly take a championship from LBJ/AD/3rd star.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:54 am    Post subject:

How soon we forget. We were in the 4th spot when James went down. We have a solid base to build from. We don't need to tear it down for one player.

Davis would be welcome but I wouldn't gut our talented youth squad to get him. I'm not a believer in the win now strategy. Go slow do it right. Take a page from (and don't rail me, think about it) Danny Angie's book. He may be a Celt but he did it right.

Not to beat a dead horse but we were also doing well before Magic wanted to send all of our youth to NO for AD. That path killed the chemistry which was never reinvigorated.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

Last edited by jodeke on Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:55 am; edited 1 time in total
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:55 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Quote:
We are lucky because there are many paths to bring us to our rightful position of being one of the better teams in the league.

This is what I've been preaching. There are lots of paths here and they don't end with AD/no AD.

Truth. My most desired path is to just sign Kawhi. That's it. Sign Kawhi and keep the #4 and YUTES

Lonzo/Garland
BI/Hart
Kawhi
Lebron/Kuz
cheap big/Mo
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

jodeke wrote:
How soon we forget. We were in the 4th spot when James went down. We have a solid base to build from. We don't need to tear it down for one player.

Davis would be welcome but I wouldn't gut our talented youth squad to get him. I'm not a believer in the win now strategy. Go slow do it right. Take a page from (and don't rail me, think about it) Danny Angie's book. He may be a Celt but he did it right.

Not to beat a dead horse but we were also doing well before Magic wanted to sent our youth to NO for AD. That path killed the chemistry which was never reinvigorated.

But then our young talent all got injured (Lonzo missed 30+ games, BI 25+ games).
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

yinoma2001 wrote:
BlackStarMamba wrote:
Die hard Laker fan since 91. I don't want the haul for AD. You can manufacture a championship, but its really lame and not exciting. Its not good. I don't care what anyone says. This is not the Lebron Klutch Lakers.

Every championship team has core players that played big roles in the team. If Lakers traded everyone to have Kyrie/AD/Lebron plus role players win a championship, it would be a Lebron championship and not a LA Lakers one.

You need homegrown talent to be part of championship or it just wouldn't feel right

Boston 08 - Rondo, Big Baby, Perkins. One championship. 11 years later they are not closer to winning another one.

Miami - Wade, Haslem, Chalmers. 2/4 championships and they were not even easy wins. The league was less competitive then, than it is now.

if Hart, Kuz, #4, Zo are gone it will be unprecedented championship without any homegrown talent and will feel really lame. I'm sorry.

many ways to get to the END. its not only 1 way: homegrown talent way
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

Stephen A Smith on First Take : Lakers chances at signing a FA has increased since KD went down with the Achilles injury.
HAWAIIGUY27
Star Player
Star Player

yinoma2001 wrote:
BlackStarMamba wrote:

Same.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

BlackStarMamba wrote:

LOL

How about

Garnett and Allen

LeBron, Bosh and Allen

Shaq, Fox, Horry, Gasol, Odom, Ariza, Artest

THOSE are the players winning championships. I liked NVE and Eddie Jones, but who cares if we're winning?
3baller
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:56 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
I think some room exception level bigs (price wise) are more like Ed Davis/Vonleh.

Brook is going to be paid at least the full MLE, and Dedmon may get slightly above the room exception. Maybe he may take a cut to join a contending Lakers team.

Ariza
Seth Curry
james ennis

or

Getting 3 stars sounds great, and I wouldn't be upset about it, but it's at the cost of depth. If the 3rd star to add to LBJ/AD is KL, then yes by all means. If it's Tobias, yeah, rather have more depth.

Yes, if it's not Kawhi, Klay or Kyrie then go with depth, sign multi year deals and not 1 year rentals. No Tobias, Butler or Kemba for me. Build an actual team and not mercenaries who are just playing for their own and next year's contract.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:57 am    Post subject:

Ziggy wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Quote:
We are lucky because there are many paths to bring us to our rightful position of being one of the better teams in the league.

This is what I've been preaching. There are lots of paths here and they don't end with AD/no AD.

Truth. My most desired path is to just sign Kawhi. That's it. Sign Kawhi and keep the #4 and YUTES

Lonzo/Garland
BI/Hart
Kawhi
Lebron/Kuz
cheap big/Mo

That would be great too. I'm not wedded to 1 option.

The only thing I'm resolutely against is punting 32m in cap space.
screwhead728
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:58 am    Post subject:

BlackStarMamba wrote:

Shaq coming to LA was a "manufactured" championship. We are the Lakers. Also traded Pau Gasol, championship. I think the love for the young kids have us blind at times. Some of us keep forgetting, we got LEBRON JAMES. Can't wait to develop young players. We haven't been relevant in YEARSSS.
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

LakersChamps04 wrote:
What's with people's love for Tobias Harris? Dudes a glorified role player. Yall trying to pay him 20+ mil?

I’m not talking about pay, just that he is a good player to have
in the mix. Not an all star but he brings a little of everything when
he’s in the game.

Someone, not named LAL will probably pay him; we can’t pay
him and get a star.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

yinoma2001 wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Not to beat a dead horse but we were also doing well before Magic wanted to sent our youth to NO for AD. That path killed the chemistry which was never reinvigorated.

But then our young talent all got injured (Lonzo missed 30+ games, BI 25+ games).

Yep. The ol injury bug taking it's toll on the Lakers as it's done so many times in the past.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
HAWAIIGUY27
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:00 am    Post subject:

3baller wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Ariza
Seth Curry
james ennis

or

Yes, if it's not Kawhi, Klay or Kyrie then go with depth, sign multi year deals and not 1 year rentals. No Tobias, Butler or Kemba for me. Build an actual team and not mercenaries who are just playing for their own and next year's contract.

I'd be okay with LBJ/AD and mercenaries this season if we go after Buddy Hield next season.
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:01 am    Post subject:

Sign Bogdanovic ($16 mil/yr), sign Danny Green ($8 mil/yr), sign BroLo ($8 mil/yr), sign Derrick Rose (Room exception 1yr), sign Dante Cunningham for vet min.

Trade BI-Kuz-Wagner-4th Pick-Bonga for Anthony Davis

Lonzo Ball/Caruso
Danny Green/D. Rose
Bogdanovic/Hart
Lebron/D. Cunningham
Anthony Davis/BroLo
Lonzo-Lite
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:02 am    Post subject:

Woj now on SAS show to talk free agency and AD updates
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:03 am    Post subject:

OC Lakerfan wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
OC Lakerfan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Quote:

I was talking about having both LBJ and PG... but if we swapped LBJ for PG then we'd have a better chance at one of the big agents coming here to play with PG and the core.

The team would have been more cohesive because you have loyal PG... instead of snake LBJ who preaches about picking up your teammate when he's on the floor... yet trades them at the first sign of trouble.

Which big FA has ever joined PG? That was his beef with the Pacers, that they couldn't attract top FAs.

This is just disingenous IMO. They would not have made the playoffs with just PG last year. But you have not addressed my main point. The Lakers, assuming PG came by himself (which I doubt), would have likely traded for AD and signed a 3rd max, no? What loyalty does he owe to BI/Lonzo? He could have easily asked the Lakers to trade them for veteran star help.

Lakers have been trying to get multiple max players since Mitch and Jim. Historically even longer than that as a franchise (agreeing).

Combining chill PG with one of the elite FAs seems an easier proposition than pairing one with LBJ.

KD described it himself.

Huh? When a man chooses OKC over LA (after fawning over how much he wanted to be in LA), then "chill" isn't the word that comes to mind first.

What does choosing where you play have to do with your disposition?

And we don't know for sure if he was spurned or he chose to stay.

He said he did... but it's also very possible he only did so to save face.

Man you are reaching today.

He's reaching? That's rich. lol

He says he's cool with whatever happens.

I have a more specific feeling against giving up a lot of assets for AD.

Of course you are going to like his opinion better because it aligns with your own.

But wondering if AD and LBJ might struggle without a deep bench I don't think is a crazy reach.

I fully admit they can succeed with some inspired signings.

But after last years signings, I'm going to be a little skeptical.

I think signing another agent with the core is a better plan.

Or waiting for AD next season.

If you want to call my rationale to justify that position a reach... knock yourself out.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:04 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Yep. The ol injury bug taking it's toll on the Lakers as it's done so many times in the past.

Hopefully Seto can help stop them.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:05 am    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
Player 1: 20.0/7.9/2.9 soon 27, wants 20-25m per year

Player 2: 18.7/5.5/2.5 soon 24, earns 2m for next 2 years

who you want

I'm still surprised BI put up 18/5/3 last year.
The season was so disappointing as a whole, that this gets lost in the shuffle.

Who's the 20/8/3 guy?
BlackStarMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:05 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
BlackStarMamba wrote:

lol..different viewpoint. So does it matter the players or just the team on the Jersey. All championships mean the same?
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:06 am    Post subject:

Lonzo-Lite wrote:

Keep us updated
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:08 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Lonzo-Lite wrote:

Keep us updated

what he say, I'm at work F5
HAWAIIGUY27
Star Player
Star Player

epak wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
Player 1: 20.0/7.9/2.9 soon 27, wants 20-25m per year

Player 2: 18.7/5.5/2.5 soon 24, earns 2m for next 2 years

who you want

I'm still surprised BI put up 18/5/3 last year.
The season was so disappointing as a whole, that this gets lost in the shuffle.

Who's the 20/8/3 guy?

Spoiler Alert: It's Tobias Harris and Kyle Kuzma
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

BlackStarMamba wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
BlackStarMamba wrote:

lol..different viewpoint. So does it matter the players or just the team on the Jersey. All championships mean the same?

Team for me.

If I felt that Lonzo/BI could be foundational stars like Kobe/Magic, sure, I'd fight tooth and nail to keep them. But they aren't. So, by whatever means necessary.

Say we get AD and win a ring, he's only 26 right now. Plenty of time to grow old as a Laker. LBJ brings more baggage b/c of his GOAT discussion (and competition with Kobe). But AD has a chance to be the face of this team for a good amount of time.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1610, 1611, 1612 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 1611 of 8560
Jump to: