OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1609, 1610, 1611 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:23 am    Post subject:

audioaxes wrote:
I still wouldnt mind Tobias as backup plan if he's willing to sign for less than max.

Why wouldn’t he want the max? with KD’s injury a lot of players are gonna be more motivated to get the max.
Chick's Magic Johnson
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:23 am    Post subject:

Man, what a hit from Rich Paul. Assuming that piece didn't incense Gayle Benson to the point of putting the Lakers on the no fly list, I bet a deal gets done tomorrow. I seriously doubt the Pelicans let a deal happen today after that piece dropped; it will look like Rich Paul forced their hand, which he is definitely trying to do.

Again, I really hope we get to keep one of Zo/BI, especially Zo. Zo/Bron/AD with any of the available max FA will be nasty. If we aren't getting a max FA and we don't need to do a six for one trade with NO, then Zo/(Kuz or Hart)/Bron/AD and $25M in cap space will also be nasty. Get it done!
KobeDunk
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:26 am    Post subject:

Lonzo-Lite wrote:
Nets looking at Kyrie and Tobias:

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2840686-tobias-harris-rumors-nets-76ers-star-have-mutual-free-agent-interest

not enough to get out of the East, not even close.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:26 am    Post subject:

Player 1: 20.0/7.9/2.9 soon 27, wants 20-25m per year

Player 2: 18.7/5.5/2.5 soon 24, earns 2m for next 2 years

who you want

Last edited by Jesusdelonla on Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:30 am; edited 1 time in total
Dreamshake
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:27 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
epak wrote:
Side: with KD out for a while. Doesn't Houston now keep their team in tact?

Not if CP3 and Harden have issues

1. They don’t.

2. Those two would be kept regardless. Can’t upgrade trading CP3 with his contract.

3. The rest of the deck may get shuffled. The owner is in win-now mode regardless.
Chick's Magic Johnson
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:27 am    Post subject:

I'm confused by that noise that Silver wants the Pelicans to hold off on an AD deal until after the finals ... AD will be discussed literally every day on all the big sports shows until a deal is completed. Waiting until next Monday (or Friday after game 6), will not slow that hype train down. It's probably best just to get it done now on an off-day.
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:28 am    Post subject:

The worst thing we can do is overpay (for a Free Agent or AD). The top enchelon of the league (GS, Bucks, Rockets, and Celts) are going to take hits. The middle to lower teams seems like they are the ones who are going to take a step up. We are lucky because there are many paths to bring us to our rightful position of being one of the better teams in the league.
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:30 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Lonzo-Lite wrote:

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2840686-tobias-harris-rumors-nets-76ers-star-have-mutual-free-agent-interest

Tobias is one of those guys that fits in most situations

And Brooklyn is well coached
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:30 am    Post subject:

Quote:
We are lucky because there are many paths to bring us to our rightful position of being one of the better teams in the league.

This is what I've been preaching. There are lots of paths here and they don't end with AD/no AD.
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:33 am    Post subject:

I hope we get AD and we’re able to keep Kuz. I think he’s the only young guy who won’t (bleep) about starting.
Bol
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:34 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Lonzo-Lite wrote:

That's quite a step down from Kyrie/KD.

Yeah, that's like a lower tier playoff team at best, which I guess they already are anyway.
HAWAIIGUY27
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:36 am    Post subject:

laker50 wrote:
Irving would be an ideal fit on the Lakers. He plays well with Lebron even though they did not get along all the time. But he seems a realistic option.

Then all have to do is get a center, backup center, and a rebounding PF.

Would forget about AD for with this team and a lot of depth the Lakers are a lock for the playoffs and a threat to GSW.
In fact that was the last team to beat GSW in finals. But need a deep team to win nowdays.

BroLo/McGee and Ed Davis are who I would target.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:37 am    Post subject:

HAWAIIGUY27 wrote:
laker50 wrote:
Irving would be an ideal fit on the Lakers. He plays well with Lebron even though they did not get along all the time. But he seems a realistic option.

Then all have to do is get a center, backup center, and a rebounding PF.

Would forget about AD for with this team and a lot of depth the Lakers are a lock for the playoffs and a threat to GSW.
In fact that was the last team to beat GSW in finals. But need a deep team to win nowdays.

BroLo/McGee and Ed Davis are who I would target.

good list
Bol
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:38 am    Post subject:

LakersChamps04 wrote:
What's with people's love for Tobias Harris? Dudes a glorified role player. Yall trying to pay him 20+ mil?

Truth. The Clippers gave him away in what was supposed to be a salary dump/tank move and actually got better.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:38 am    Post subject:

I think some room exception level bigs (price wise) are more like Ed Davis/Vonleh.

Brook is going to be paid at least the full MLE, and Dedmon may get slightly above the room exception. Maybe he may take a cut to join a contending Lakers team.
3baller
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:39 am    Post subject:

JustaObserver wrote:
3baller wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
3baller wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
3baller wrote:
We're trying to build a championship contender and usually that means a team with 3 superstars and vet mins or 2 superstars and some mid-level vets plus a couple of vet mins.

That is the ultimate goal. The hope is for the kids to one day become superstars themselves so we'd have a contender. But there is no guarantee that BI or Zo or the 4th pick would ever become superstars.

Right now we are already in the position to have at least 2 superstars in Lebron and AD with a chance of convincing a 3rd superstar to join the pair. Now is the best opportunity for us to build a contender. We're potentially getting 2-3 not only superstars but top 5 players and future Hall of Famers and some are rejecting that idea because they're 'hoping' that BI or ZO would become superstars themselves?

Even if we don't get a 3rd superstar, Lebron + AD + one of Kuz, Zo, BI + 30M left to spend for quality vets in my mind will be a contender. So don't tell me that we would instantly have no depth if we trade for AD.

Basic question....ummm did you see what vet mins we put around leking? Welp picture those beaslies playing when the “stars” need a breather or get hurt 😆. Picture Mcgee at the rim and getting blocked by it or a behind the back pass ...to no one 😂....yep that’ll work. Picture Bonga playing heavy minutes with Wagner or chandler wooooo weeee!! Entertainment at it finest...up 20pts now down 5😅😅

1.) Collison 40% 3pt or Rubio (13M)
2.) Danny Green 45.5% 3pt or Brogdon 42.6% 3pt (14M)
3.) Lebron (37.4M)
4.) Davis 33% 3 pt(27.1M)
5.) Dedmon 38.2% 3pt or Brolo 36.5% 3pt (8M)

6.) Trey Burke 35.2% 3pt or Seth Curry 45% 3pt (min)
7.) Bullock 37.7% 3pt(MLE)
8.) Jeff Green (min)
9.) Kuz (2M)
10.) Mcgee (min)

11.) Wagner (2.1M)
12.) Bonga (1.4M)

Deng (5M)

Total: 109.7M + exceptions(over the cap but it's below before trading for AD)

Just one example. That we would have no depth after trading for AD is a myth.

One again did you see what our FO put atound this team? If your not about to be employed by them expect the same. Some of the players you mentioned are res competent but I go back to did you see what OUR FO put around the king?😅
Also so e of those players you did mention wouldn’t answer the phone from the lakers and that’s bro and deng. Also kuz goes on the package for ad so he gone unless we cloning him. Seth curry leaving? Lol
Robin the guy who is just similar to lonzo as both terrible shooters? Lol
And you still got Mcgee so he can be shaqtin a fool

1.) See the 'or's?
2.) We're not getting back Deng. We're still paying for his stretched contract

You the one that got deng sitting up there with 5m attached
Also are you going to answer the question did you see what are “great” FO put around the king? 😂 and you want them to actually do something logical? It wouldn’t surprise me if they brought back fisher and Arron Mickey to play for them....the best thing they know how to do during these years is draft and that’s because they let the scouting dept do their job until magic started meddling with that....and we giving away that also for ad smh. They have sucked at getting free agents or vet mins ...come on down Corey brewer and head of the snake pffft lol.

Deng's 5M is up there because it still counts towards our salary cap

Magic was the one talking on interviews about building a team of 'tough' defenders and playmakers instead of getting shooters. Did Pelinka have sufficient input on last season's initial roster or was it mostly Magic? Nobody knows, but Magic himself said that he's the one responsible for trading Zubac for Muscala and it's widely known that he vetoed drafting Mitchell Robinson and got Wagner instead so it's not a stretch to think that he was the prime architect of the meme team.

Pelinka at the helm is still uncharted territory. But I'm willing to bet that he'd take a lot more input from the other staff than Magic did.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:42 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
I think some room exception level bigs (price wise) are more like Ed Davis/Vonleh.

Brook is going to be paid at least the full MLE, and Dedmon may get slightly above the room exception. Maybe he may take a cut to join a contending Lakers team.

what vet wings you have in mind?

Ariza
Seth Curry
james ennis
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:46 am    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Ariza
Seth Curry
james ennis

Jeff Green
Markieff Morris
LakersChamps04
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:46 am    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
Player 1: 20.0/7.9/2.9 soon 27, wants 20-25m per year

Player 2: 18.7/5.5/2.5 soon 24, earns 2m for next 2 years

who you want
I know overrated when I see one and Player 1 will be a terrrrrible contract for years. bum ass tobiass
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:47 am    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Ariza
Seth Curry
james ennis

I've always liked Alec Burks...a guy like Carroll comes to mind but he's 33. Rudy Gay but he's 33. A lot has to do with $ obviously...Burks made $11 million last year so he's probably our. Carroll and Gay are old so maybe them.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:48 am    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Ariza
Seth Curry
james ennis

All will be too expensive with the room exception.

This is why I'd prefer either a 2 max FA (LBJ + 2019 FA) + depth

or

AD/LBJ + use 25-30m in cap space for depth on non-expiring deals.

Getting 3 stars sounds great, and I wouldn't be upset about it, but it's at the cost of depth. If the 3rd star to add to LBJ/AD is KL, then yes by all means. If it's Tobias, yeah, rather have more depth.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:48 am    Post subject:

You know Vinsanity...
BlackStarMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:49 am    Post subject:

Die hard Laker fan since 91. I don't want the haul for AD. You can manufacture a championship, but its really lame and not exciting. Its not good. I don't care what anyone says. This is not the Lebron Klutch Lakers.

Every championship team has core players that played big roles in the team. If Lakers traded everyone to have Kyrie/AD/Lebron plus role players win a championship, it would be a Lebron championship and not a LA Lakers one.

You need homegrown talent to be part of championship or it just wouldn't feel right

Boston 08 - Rondo, Big Baby, Perkins. One championship. 11 years later they are not closer to winning another one.

Miami - Wade, Haslem, Chalmers. 2/4 championships and they were not even easy wins. The league was less competitive then, than it is now.

Lakers Teams - Devean George, Kobe, Fisher, Bynum, Sasha

if Hart, Kuz, #4, Zo are gone it will be unprecedented championship without any homegrown talent and will feel really lame. I'm sorry.
Harlemlakerfan
Star Player
Star Player

Harlemlakerfan wrote:
LKA wrote:
3baller wrote:
Other teams where Davis would have a good chance of re-signing are still interested in trading for Davis. There's no assurance that we can afford to wait till the deadline for Davis and sure as hell no way we can say for certain that he would go to the lakers next year as a FA.

We can build a contender next season with a well rested 34yr old Lebron.

Amen

First off, New Orleans is not going into next season with AD still on this roster. They are moving in a new direction with Zion and do not want his rookie year to start under that dark cloud. Because of that, you can assure that he will be traded. Griffin is no Dell Demps. He knows the longer this drags out, the less value he gets and the harder it is to build your roster.

The Pels are just posturing. They have to give the impression that they are the ones in total control. AD will be a Laker before the draft. It’s their best deal and the only one that they can make a deal with without AD’s camp making a fuss and muddying up the waters by threatening to leave to go to LA. People that like to compare this situation with Kawhi or PG are missing that point. Rich Paul and clutch are gonna take a hard stance, where PG and Kawhi’s camps didn’t do that. Clutch is gonna torpedo any deal to any team that’s not the Lakers.

I keep trying to tell people, Rich Paul is take a hard stance, something that other agents didn’t do.
HAWAIIGUY27
Star Player
Star Player

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Ariza
Seth Curry
james ennis

Jeff Green
Markieff Morris

Wayne Ellington
Nik Stauskas
Thomas Bryant as a young backup big.

Last edited by HAWAIIGUY27 on Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1609, 1610, 1611 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 1610 of 8560
Jump to: