OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1313, 1314, 1315 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 5:26 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
King Randle wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Byron Scott: I would choose the Clippers over the Lakers right now if I’m a FA

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=AmHu9WqIeto

He’s sticking up for his buddy Magic....they’re at the point where they want the Lakers to fail to force Jeanie’s hand and sell. That’s my opinion.

agreed

Byron started this terrible Showtime roll for the Lakers. Effectively destroyed DLO/Jules's first few years.

Showtime has to die. It's over. Byron, Magic, Rambis...all have damaged or continue damaging the Lakers current brand.

ain't this crazy man, ever thought something like this would happened. I mean showtime, the greatest team of all time, greatest Lakers team of all time. Just gotta separate the players from their non-playing stuffs
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 6:10 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
King Randle wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

He’s sticking up for his buddy Magic....they’re at the point where they want the Lakers to fail to force Jeanie’s hand and sell. That’s my opinion.

agreed

Byron started this terrible Showtime roll for the Lakers. Effectively destroyed DLO/Jules's first few years.

Showtime has to die. It's over. Byron, Magic, Rambis...all have damaged or continue damaging the Lakers current brand.

ain't this crazy man, ever thought something like this would happened. I mean showtime, the greatest team of all time, greatest Lakers team of all time. Just gotta separate the players from their non-playing stuffs

I understand everyone but Rambis...what has he screwed over? I’m not a fan of his just wondering what he did
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 6:12 am    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
governator wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
King Randle wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

agreed

I understand everyone but Rambis...what has he screwed over? I’m not a fan of his just wondering what he did

just Magic and B.Scott... major disappointment, from heroes to backstabbing (but still )heroes. Forgot Rambis also bringing his wife into decision making position, another disappointment

Last edited by governator on Thu May 23, 2019 6:22 am; edited 1 time in total
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 6:13 am    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
governator wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
King Randle wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

agreed

He's a symptom of the overall problem.

Nostalgia. Hiring unqualified friends. Tapping into Showtime. Etc. Rambis fits that bill. He was a disaster as a coach at various stints, and did a terrible job on the Knicks in whatever role he was.

So by virtue of his wife being Jeanie's best friend, and his Showtime credentials he's our shadow POBO.

It makes me sick. Showtime gots to go.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 6:34 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
King Randle wrote:
governator wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
King Randle wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

agreed

Nostalgia. Hiring unqualified friends. Tapping into Showtime. Etc. Rambis fits that bill. He was a disaster as a coach at various stints, and did a terrible job on the Knicks in whatever role he was.

So by virtue of his wife being Jeanie's best friend, and his Showtime credentials he's our shadow POBO.

all we can do now is judge people based on their performance going forward. We really do not know Pelinka as GM without Magic....nor do we know how the Rambii will do in their adviser roles....same with the coaching staff. We can wish it was different, but that will not change anything right now...so everyone except Jeanie gets a clean slate from me. Jeanie will have to earn her way back to zero for me, because she has had a responsibility in the mess over the last decade.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 6:39 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
all we can do now is judge people based on their performance going forward. We really do not know Pelinka as GM without Magic....nor do we know how the Rambii will do in their adviser roles....same with the coaching staff. We can wish it was different, but that will not change anything right now...so everyone except Jeanie gets a clean slate from me. Jeanie will have to earn her way back to zero for me, because she has had a responsibility in the mess over the last decade.

I can understand this thought process, my only issue with all of this is they know that they are just hiring friends, unqualified people and people with bad track records and that is why they are being secretive, quiet and unclear about roles and responsibilities.

They would not be doing this if they had a Myers or Ujiri because it would be popular and Jeanie would sell the hell out of it.

Hiring friends and hiding demonstrates whether consciously or subconsciously that you know the people in their roles are not qualified for the job title.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 6:40 am    Post subject:

Quote:

The funny thing is I think that due to luck (and not the "luck is the residue of design" type), they may stumble into a max FA and a deep playoff run.

But Rambii have apparently been instrumental in the coaching hire debacle so far.
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 6:45 am    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
audioaxes wrote:
LakerMindLA wrote:
At this point, I'd be happy if the Lakers can sign Kemba.

Our biggest need is a consistent 2nd option.

Kemba is not consistent, he is a low % volume scorer

I'd prefer Butler over Kemba.. He's not high volume, and he will at least play defense.

Ehh not really he’s not gonna take 20 per night but he might take 18. Kemba is 25ppg player.
Gepetto
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 6:47 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
LakerMindLA wrote:

I think our biggest need are to be able to make open shots around LBJ/Ingram/Ball. We don't have good enough play finishers, for the shot creators who draw defensive attention, especially LBJ.

Someone like Bojan Bogdanovic at 18M per and a stretch big like Dedmon is more valuable to me than having Kemba Walker at 30+M. That is just my .02

Make that .04! for me, outside of KD, Kawhi or Klay, a dream offseason would be Vucevic & Bogdanovic dividing our cap space in some fashion.

Then an in-season trade for a star guard once the "young core" proves they are healthy and improving. We'll have more vet contracts to aggregate in season than at the draft/mid-summer too. An Ingram centered package for McCollum or Beal would be ideal.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 6:48 am    Post subject:

Isiah Thomas didn't fit in CLE around Lebron. I know he wasn't 100% but so didn't DRose. It will be difficult to fit in a star that doesn't do well in catch and shoot situations to play off LBJ.

I hope we go for catch and shoot players, who thrive in situational isolations and not heavily reliant on them. I think we should make it very simple. 1) Get Lebron spacing. 2) Make sure Lonzo had FOUR scoring threats to pass to. 3) Have a big man that sets really good screens. 4) Work your ass off on FT's.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 6:48 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
adkindo wrote:

I can understand this thought process, my only issue with all of this is they know that they are just hiring friends, unqualified people and people with bad track records and that is why they are being secretive, quiet and unclear about roles and responsibilities.

They would not be doing this if they had a Myers or Ujiri because it would be popular and Jeanie would sell the hell out of it.

Hiring friends and hiding demonstrates whether consciously or subconsciously that you know the people in their roles are not qualified for the job title.

I get that, but at this point I think it is only fair to judge them on performance. I am not saying have faith in them....just evaluate on performance going forward....you can do that while still have doubts.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 6:49 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Quote:

The funny thing is I think that due to luck (and not the "luck is the residue of design" type), they may stumble into a max FA and a deep playoff run.

But Rambii have apparently been instrumental in the coaching hire debacle so far.

it was not pretty....but I for one prefer Vogel over Lue....a little.
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 6:49 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
LakerMindLA wrote:

I think our biggest need are to be able to make open shots around LBJ/Ingram/Ball. We don't have good enough play finishers, for the shot creators who draw defensive attention, especially LBJ.

Someone like Bojan Bogdanovic at 18M per and a stretch big like Dedmon is more valuable to me than having Kemba Walker at 30+M. That is just my .02

Lebrons style of play never really needed another star to be successful so I agree with your post.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 6:53 am    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
audioaxes wrote:
LakerMindLA wrote:

Kemba is not consistent, he is a low % volume scorer

I'd prefer Butler over Kemba.. He's not high volume, and he will at least play defense.

Ehh not really he’s not gonna take 20 per night but he might take 18. Kemba is 25ppg player.

I like Kemba better on offense.

Jimmy would be a much better fit defensively.

So it's a matter of what we prioritize (and Jimmy is about a year and change older than Kemba).
Super Mega Team
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 6:55 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
Isiah Thomas didn't fit in CLE around Lebron. I know he wasn't 100% but so didn't DRose. It will be difficult to fit in a star that doesn't do well in catch and shoot situations to play off LBJ.

I hope we go for catch and shoot players, who thrive in situational isolations and not heavily reliant on them. I think we should make it very simple. 1) Get Lebron spacing. 2) Make sure Lonzo had FOUR scoring threats to pass to. 3) Have a big man that sets really good screens. 4) Work your ass off on FT's.

A lot of catch and shoot players do fit rather well with Lebron but there also have been guys who need the ball that fit with Lebron as well as long as they were elite. Kyrie and DWade also did well, wouldn’t you agree?
Stumpy25
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 6:57 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
King Randle wrote:
governator wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
King Randle wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

agreed

just Magic and B.Scott... major disappointment, from heroes to backstabbing (but still )heroes. Forgot Rambis also bringing his wife into decision making position, another disappointment

The wife Linda Rambis was not brought in by Rambis, she's been a friend of Jeanne's for years. People just spin stuff like all of the sudden Linda and Kurt came into the picture. These people have been around the Lakers for years and have known each other for a long time. You can add James Worthy, Michael Cooper, Magic of course, Mychael Thompson etc etc etc...
So what's the big deal!! The Lakers have always been a family even when Dr. Buss was the top dog. He spoke to a lot of people but ultimately he made the decisions. Just because you talk to people doesn't mean you're going to do what they tell you. It's all just a media circus simply trying to create news out of nothing. Bottom line Jeanne is the boss and she will listen to others as do all the owners in the NBA.
Super Mega Team
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 6:57 am    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
LakerMindLA wrote:

Lebrons style of play never really needed another star to be successful so I agree with your post.

His championships had two other all stars:

DWADE + Bosh
Irving + Love

epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 6:58 am    Post subject:

OC Lakerfan wrote:
Car54 wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
LakerMindLA wrote:

His championships had two other all stars:

DWADE + Bosh
Irving + Love

Super Mega Team
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 6:59 am    Post subject:

Stumpy25 wrote:
governator wrote:
King Randle wrote:
governator wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
King Randle wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

agreed

The wife Linda Rambis was not brought in by Rambis, she's been a friend of Jeanne's for years. People just spin stuff like all of the sudden Linda and Kurt came into the picture. These people have been around the Lakers for years and have known each other for a long time. You can add James Worthy, Michael Cooper, Magic of course, Mychael Thompson etc etc etc...
So what's the big deal!! The Lakers have always been a family even when Dr. Buss was the top dog. He spoke to a lot of people but ultimately he made the decisions. Just because you talk to people doesn't mean you're going to do what they tell you. It's all just a media circus simply trying to create news out of nothing. Bottom line Jeanne is the boss and she will listen to others as do all the owners in the NBA.

Ironically, the two people that people would gladly take back were long time Lakers and part of the Showtime Era.

Jerry West
Pat Riley

#fightme
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 7:08 am    Post subject:

someone help me out....I know we have the Room Exception this summer, but do we have any other exceptions like the Bi Annual, or is that only for teams over the cap?
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 7:08 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
someone help me out....I know we have the Room Exception this summer, but do we have any other exceptions like the Bi Annual, or is that only for teams over the cap?

Nope. Only exception is the room.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 7:09 am    Post subject:

Gepetto wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
LakerMindLA wrote:

Make that .04! for me, outside of KD, Kawhi or Klay, a dream offseason would be Vucevic & Bogdanovic dividing our cap space in some fashion.

Then an in-season trade for a star guard once the "young core" proves they are healthy and improving. We'll have more vet contracts to aggregate in season than at the draft/mid-summer too. An Ingram centered package for McCollum or Beal would be ideal.

Like the option of signing Vucevic and Bogdonavic. Add a couple of other min vets and the roster could be competitive.

Dislike the "in season trade" idea though. The last thing this team needs is more lingering instability. I prefer any trades be done in the off-season and then some message from the FO and ownership that this is the roster they will either win or lose with.

Whoever is on the roster will be the foundation of the "next run" with James. Fans, organization and the players need to embrace the idea. No more what if's or maybe next year's. No more plotting trades, one year deals or undermining confidence of the players.

Message day one of training camp should be this is your coach, this is your style, this is your roster, this is how we will play, you have 2-3 years... make it work.

Should be simple. Pick a plan and embrace it. An old adage applies. "Are you part of the problem or part of the solution"?

This franchise needs to start building a culture and identity. Not be the ever rotating roster or coaching staff that has no chemistry or trust in one another.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 7:13 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
adkindo wrote:

Nope. Only exception is the room.

thanks, was hoping I was reading the CBAFAQ wrong
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 7:13 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
King Randle wrote:
governator wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
King Randle wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

agreed

This makes sense to me. Riley said he’s never had a problem with Pelinka...Rambis as an advisor gave the thumbs up for Vogel. And the truth is regarding him being the 3rd choice, that’s true because Monty and Lue wouldn’t accept 3 year deals. My understanding is they would have gotten either one if they would have offered 5 year deals.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 7:15 am    Post subject:

I'm relieved that Magic is gone as POBO and I thought the exit wounds would actually be worse than it is (and it's horrible right now).

So we have no choice but to give Rob a chance and judge him on his merits at this point.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1313, 1314, 1315 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 1314 of 8560
Jump to: