OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1312, 1313, 1314 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 7:31 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:
I could see Kawhi going to the Clippers. After signing him, they would have about $27 million left to spend. Imagine if they give $8m of that to Beverly, the remaining $19m of that to Al Horford, or Marc Gasol, then use the room exception to sign Trevor Ariza, and then re-sign Zubac (who has a small cap hold).

PG: Beverly / Lou
SG: SGA / Shamet
SF: Kawhi / Ariza
PF: Gallinari / Harrell
C: Gasol / Zubac

They could also, in theory, use that $27m on someone like LaMarcus Aldridge to put him at center.

PG: SGA / Lou
SG: Ariza / Shamet
SF: Kawhi / Thornwell
PF: Gallinari / Harrell
C: Aldridge / Zubac

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

By comparison, I think the Lakers roster could be somewhat better because of Lebron, but is more of a risk with young players not as solidified (nor playoff tested). Here's how it could look next year with Kawhi -

PG: Ball / #4 pick
SG: Ingram / Hart
SF: Kawhi / Ariza
PF: Lebron / Kuzma
C: Robin Lopez / Wagner

I'd take the upside of the Lakers' team, but its not a runaway victory there. And none of this takes into account any opportunity for the FO to mess things up further.

And imagine if they could dump Gallinari with little to no salary coming back. They would have enough for 2 maxes easily, and then some.

I could see Kawhi going to the Clippers but the talk of Durant going to them seems far fetched.

Oh, totally. He's going East to be the King of New York.

yeah, I think all this Clipper and Nets talk is his people just trying to muddy the waters....will be shocked if he is not a Knick in July.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 7:44 pm    Post subject:

Byron Scott: I would choose the Clippers over the Lakers right now if I’m a FA

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=AmHu9WqIeto
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 7:47 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:

He’s sticking up for his buddy Magic....they’re at the point where they want the Lakers to fail to force Jeanie’s hand and sell. That’s my opinion.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 7:47 pm    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

He’s sticking up for his buddy Magic....they’re at the point where they want the Lakers to fail to force Jeanie’s hand and sell. That’s my opinion.

agreed
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 7:49 pm    Post subject:

From The Athletic:

Quote:
So I checked with owner Joe Lacob via text on Tuesday afternoon, pointing out that he’s been quite clear about paying what it takes to keep this team together and asking if anything has changed or if his stance is even stronger after the Warriors’ Western Conference triumph.

“The season is still ongoing,” Lacob responded. “We are not finished. I have no new ideas or data for you. We love Klay and KD and intend to attempt to re-sign them. Period. I am confident about BOTH of them.

“But it is their choice to do what is best for them. They have earned that right. Our goal is to keep our team together. We are pretty good.”

Quote:
Thompson’s agents have sent out signals that they will be extremely ready to shop him around if the Warriors don’t offer him his max contract but, again, the Warriors seem primed to make him that $38-million-a-year offer. I believe the Warriors will offer Green a max extension this summer, too, worth around $25 million per.

They can go into crazy money territory. They might not have to — if Durant leaves for the Knicks or elsewhere, they can’t use that money to sign somebody else because they’ll still be far over the cap — but if it comes to it, the Warriors can afford just about anything.

The Athletic (Paywall)
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 7:51 pm    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

But Magic already said on First Take that he sees the team going after Irving and Kawhi. he didn’t say anything about the Lakers not landing a FA like his buddy Byron Scott proclaims.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 7:54 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:

His opinion is just like his coaching: pure trash and nobody should take it seriously
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 7:56 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
King Randle wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

agreed

so everyone would understand if Jeanie officially cut all ties with Magic and Byron to the organization? No more perks, etc.? I mean if I owned the team, and I knew people wanted me to fail.....they would not longer be setting courtside or getting recognized by the team that I owned. I think Dr. Buss would be shocked about the way Magic has acted towards his children in recent years....or maybe he would not....he probably knew the real Magic which is why he did not leave him in charge of anything.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 7:56 pm    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

His opinion is just like his coaching: pure trash and nobody should take it seriously

What’s pathetic is that he should be sticking up for the Lakers instead of making the team look bad.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 7:58 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
King Randle wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

But Magic already said on First Take that he sees the team going after Irving and Kawhi. he didn’t say anything about the Lakers not landing a FA like his buddy Byron Scott proclaims.

Magic is an officer....Byron is enlisted infantry.....he has to get his hands more dirty at the direction of the officers in the mission.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 8:22 pm    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

matrixskillz
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 8:29 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
audioaxes wrote:
The Lebrons wrote:
matrixskillz wrote:
LeBron is not going to play PF. That’s already been established. That means we really need a big who can stay on the court. Kuzma is our stretch 4.

What? Lebron is a 4.

I wonder why this is still even a thing with so many teams rolling out lineups with position-less/interchangeable wings at the traditional 2,3,4 spots. If Lebron still cares so much about optics you can roll Kawhi and Lebron out at the forward spots and just call them both SFs.

It isn’t about labels, it is about banging with bigs.

gets it.

"I GOT WHEATIES!"
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 8:40 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
King Randle wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

agreed

so everyone would understand if Jeanie officially cut all ties with Magic and Byron to the organization? No more perks, etc.? I mean if I owned the team, and I knew people wanted me to fail.....they would not longer be setting courtside or getting recognized by the team that I owned. I think Dr. Buss would be shocked about the way Magic has acted towards his children in recent years....or maybe he would not....he probably knew the real Magic which is why he did not leave him in charge of anything.

I for one would welcome the SHowtime Cartel no longer insulating this FO against criticism. Be interesting to see how James Worthy talks now that this FO has flushed two of his buddies down the toilet. For this reason only, i can see Kurt getting a PBO title.
nzahir
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 9:14 pm    Post subject:

So the Lakers and Knicks will both be trying to form the next big 3 super team. Lebron, AD, and Kawhi/Kemba/Kyrie in LA. KD, AD, and Kyrie/Kemba in NY.

But the Pels can screw both teams and make them take Solomon Hill back; this would make it impossible for both teams to have enough cap space for a big 3.

KD and Kyrie max are almost 71M. They could match salary for AD (27M), but if they had to take Hill (13M salary), they wouldn't be able to make it all work unless they didn't sign Kyrie/Kemba.

Lakers are not able to max someone as well.

I think NY would rather go KD, Kyrie, #3 pick, and a lot of young pieces and some space for role guys than KD, AD, a couple young guys, and some role guys.

While LA would have to go in for AD if they miss out on Kawhi or Kyrie. I think BI, #4, Kuzma, Wagner, Bonga, and a future 1st is fair for AD and Hill. Lakers left with like 12M, room exception, and vet mins

Would NOLA consider this move to not create a superteam?
Rubin
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 9:14 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:

Byron was EXTREMELY salty when the Lakers fired him. He very much strikes me as a guy that carries grudges.

Fortunately, he doesn’t carry a shred of credibility with anyone that matters to this franchise at this point.
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 9:50 pm    Post subject:

Magic has a ton of apologists in the media. Partying with them all these years certainly has its perks.
LAL1947
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 10:13 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
King Randle wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Right... but let's not forget where he said that, in an interview that appears to intentionally throw more shade over the FO as it exists. That's the thing with Magic, he smiles at you as he plunges in the knife. "She's my sister", "He's special", "You're my BFF".
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 11:24 pm    Post subject:

The difference in the way Cap has carried himself all these years compared to some of these Showtime guys... leaps and bounds. It's a shame that decades of success, fame, and boundless fortune hasn't quelled insecurities; if anything, it's exacerbated them. Supposed role models acting like sad little men.
LakerMindLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 11:32 pm    Post subject:

At this point, I'd be happy if the Lakers can sign Kemba.

Our biggest need is a consistent 2nd option.
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 11:33 pm    Post subject:

LAL1947 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
King Randle wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Right... but let's not forget where he said that, in an interview that appears to intentionally throw more shade over the FO as it exists. That's the thing with Magic, he smiles at you as he plunges in the knife. "She's my sister", "He's special", "You're my BFF".

He Jon Snow'd Jeannie...instead of proclaiming her his queen, "you are my sister. You will always be my sister"

::knife into the heart::
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 2:17 am    Post subject:

LakerMindLA wrote:

Kemba is not consistent, he is a low % volume scorer
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 3:12 am    Post subject:

audioaxes wrote:
LakerMindLA wrote:

Kemba is not consistent, he is a low % volume scorer

I'd prefer Butler over Kemba.. He's not high volume, and he will at least play defense.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 3:39 am    Post subject:

LakerMindLA wrote:

I think our biggest need are to be able to make open shots around LBJ/Ingram/Ball. We don't have good enough play finishers, for the shot creators who draw defensive attention, especially LBJ.

Someone like Bojan Bogdanovic at 18M per and a stretch big like Dedmon is more valuable to me than having Kemba Walker at 30+M. That is just my .02
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
av3773
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 4:47 am    Post subject:

Most of the main FA can plug into our roster as is pretty well....I'm even open to Butler, who I think on this team as it stands could slide right in at the two and be a pretty awesome fit. The D under at the guards under Vogel with Butler and Ball could be outstanding.

The Lakers need to really think things through as they have a lot of options. To date they've also had a lot of missteps, but nailing this off-season (draft and FA) can solve a ton.

It's kind of crazy, assuming health, this is team could range from a bubble playoff team to a legitimate championship contender depending on what the FO can do with a very strong hand...I know there is a lot of media hype right now but the reality is.

1) We have LeBron who injury aside put up very good numbers...in some ways the season may have been good, because it's clear LeBron needs a legitimate all star, so it's not like someone coming in would be perceived as riding his coat tails
2) The cap room to sign a Tier 1 star
3) A young nucleus, while inconsistent, has shown promise
4) The number 4 pick
5) While not a splashy hire, a coach who has proven playoff experience

I know there are negatives as well, but even with those in mind, given the above the FO has no excuse in my mind for not delivering a top shelf team, if they don't it speaks to their self inflicted wounds and incompetence, and I hate to say if that happens, the Lakers need to clean house AGAIN
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 5:17 am    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
King Randle wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

agreed

Byron started this terrible Showtime roll for the Lakers. Effectively destroyed DLO/Jules's first few years.

Showtime has to die. It's over. Byron, Magic, Rambis...all have damaged or continue damaging the Lakers current brand.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1312, 1313, 1314 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 1313 of 8560
Jump to: