OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1311, 1312, 1313 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 3:21 pm    Post subject:

I could see Kawhi going to the Clippers. After signing him, they would have about $27 million left to spend. Imagine if they give $8m of that to Beverly, the remaining $19m of that to Al Horford, or Marc Gasol, then use the room exception to sign Trevor Ariza, and then re-sign Zubac (who has a small cap hold).

PG: Beverly / Lou
SG: SGA / Shamet
SF: Kawhi / Ariza
PF: Gallinari / Harrell
C: Gasol / Zubac

They could also, in theory, use that $27m on someone like LaMarcus Aldridge to put him at center.

PG: SGA / Lou
SG: Ariza / Shamet
SF: Kawhi / Thornwell
C: Aldridge / Zubac

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

By comparison, I think the Lakers roster could be somewhat better because of Lebron, but is more of a risk with young players not as solidified (nor playoff tested). Here's how it could look next year with Kawhi -

PG: Ball / #4 pick
SG: Ingram / Hart
PF: Lebron / Kuzma
C: Robin Lopez / Wagner

I'd take the upside of the Lakers' team, but its not a runaway victory there. And none of this takes into account any opportunity for the FO to mess things up further.

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 3:23 pm    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:
I could see Kawhi going to the Clippers. After signing him, they would have about $27 million left to spend. Imagine if they give $8m of that to Beverly, the remaining $19m of that to Al Horford, or Marc Gasol, then use the room exception to sign Trevor Ariza, and then re-sign Zubac (who has a small cap hold).

They could also, in theory, use that $27m on someone like LaMarcus Aldridge to put him at center.

By comparison, I think the Lakers roster could be somewhat better because of Lebron, but is more of a risk with young players not as solidified (nor playoff tested). Here's how it could look next year with Kawhi -

I'd take the upside of the Lakers' team, but its not a runaway victory there. And none of this takes into account any opportunity for the FO to mess things up further.

And imagine if they could dump Gallinari with little to no salary coming back. They would have enough for 2 maxes easily, and then some.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 3:25 pm    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
anth2000 wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
anth2000 wrote:
Peter Vecsey hasn't been relevant for 20 years.

No need to even post this clown. He's so out of the loop and league these days.

If you have an issue with posts, ignore them. Repeating the same thing every time with sources or tweets you don’t personally like isn’t going to change anything tbh.

Vecsey might be a clown, but he still knows some people in the industry and he was one of the first few to call Lebron to LA as done deal.

Ok, relax. Wasn't taking a personal shot at anyone. Folks here have posted about Vecsey for years. Also, this is a free forum to post our own thoughts. If you don't like my posts, then ignore them.

Wait, you are telling me to relax?

All I’m saying is you have posted that same line of “no need to post this clown” over and over. Believe me, I ignore it but this time thought I would just let you know. No offense.

Sorry man, in a mood today. Having some family issue. My apologies for being sensitive.

Trust me anth, SD is a cool dude...
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 3:27 pm    Post subject:

deal wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Quote:
Peter Vecsey said Jeanie Buss thinks shes getting Kawhi this summer. He doesn't think it happens, but that's apparently what Jeanie thinks (per Vecsey)

https://twitter.com/ralph_masonjr/status/1131326034110865408?s=21

FWIW, from the guy who was yelling Lebron to the Lakers very early on 2 seasons ago...

Vecsey is Phil's mouth piece..

He did report last year that Bron to LA was a done deal along with Sheridan. Same can’t be said about SAS, Windhorst, Broussard etc.
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 3:27 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
anth2000 wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
anth2000 wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
anth2000 wrote:

If you have an issue with posts, ignore them. Repeating the same thing every time with sources or tweets you don’t personally like isn’t going to change anything tbh.

Vecsey might be a clown, but he still knows some people in the industry and he was one of the first few to call Lebron to LA as done deal.

Ok, relax. Wasn't taking a personal shot at anyone. Folks here have posted about Vecsey for years. Also, this is a free forum to post our own thoughts. If you don't like my posts, then ignore them.

All I’m saying is you have posted that same line of “no need to post this clown” over and over. Believe me, I ignore it but this time thought I would just let you know. No offense.

Sorry man, in a mood today. Having some family issue. My apologies for being sensitive.

I know...I am just in a bad mood today. I will check out for a while. Thanks IG and sorry SD.....
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 3:30 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:

And imagine if they could dump Gallinari with little to no salary coming back. They would have enough for 2 maxes easily, and then some.

but a legit Max player is not following Kawhi to the Clippers
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 3:34 pm    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:
I know...I am just in a bad mood today. I will check out for a while. Thanks IG and sorry SD.....

No worries and all good.

Sorry about your family issues. Hope everything works out.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 3:40 pm    Post subject:

audioaxes wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:

but a legit Max player is not following Kawhi to the Clippers

That's possible, but the theoretical chance is there. It's definitely doubtful they could get KD or even Kyrie, but Butler? Kemba? Who knows.
diamondcutter
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 3:43 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
Car54 wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
Mini Mamba wrote:
danzag wrote:
I'd rather have 2 stars and depth than 3 stars and no depth

Having three stars imo is unnecessary since no team will likely have that next season (assuming KD leaves GS).

Having good quality depth and being 8-9 guys deep is more important than a "big 3".

Well, let's say you sign Kyrie and you can get AD for a package of Ball, the #4 pick, Kuzma, Wagner, Bonga, and two future 1st's. Say McGee comes back. The starting lineup could be Kyrie/Ingram/LeBron/Davis/McGee, with Caruso and Hart as bench options. That's 7 deep right there, not accounting for any other moves. You'd have to think that at least a couple of solid ring chasers would join up.

Again, for me, I wouldn't be willing to trade all of the young depth in an AD trade or in a trade for another star, but if you can keep one of Lonzo/Ingram and one of Hart/Kuz, I think I am ok with it, depending on which player we get back, of course.

Keep dreaming bro there’s no AD deal that doesn’t include Kuzma or Ingram. If that happens I’ll fly to LA and Kiss Rob in the mouth lol

Fine, if that happens, you can kiss Rob, I'll kiss Kyrie, and I'm guessing that one of us would like it a lot more than the other!

Why Kyrie and not Rob?
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 3:45 pm    Post subject:

diamondcutter wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
Car54 wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
Mini Mamba wrote:
danzag wrote:

Having three stars imo is unnecessary since no team will likely have that next season (assuming KD leaves GS).

Having good quality depth and being 8-9 guys deep is more important than a "big 3".

Well, let's say you sign Kyrie and you can get AD for a package of Ball, the #4 pick, Kuzma, Wagner, Bonga, and two future 1st's. Say McGee comes back. The starting lineup could be Kyrie/Ingram/LeBron/Davis/McGee, with Caruso and Hart as bench options. That's 7 deep right there, not accounting for any other moves. You'd have to think that at least a couple of solid ring chasers would join up.

Again, for me, I wouldn't be willing to trade all of the young depth in an AD trade or in a trade for another star, but if you can keep one of Lonzo/Ingram and one of Hart/Kuz, I think I am ok with it, depending on which player we get back, of course.

Keep dreaming bro there’s no AD deal that doesn’t include Kuzma or Ingram. If that happens I’ll fly to LA and Kiss Rob in the mouth lol

Fine, if that happens, you can kiss Rob, I'll kiss Kyrie, and I'm guessing that one of us would like it a lot more than the other!

Why Kyrie and not Rob?

If it's white, it ain't right.
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 3:47 pm    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
deal wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Quote:
Peter Vecsey said Jeanie Buss thinks shes getting Kawhi this summer. He doesn't think it happens, but that's apparently what Jeanie thinks (per Vecsey)

https://twitter.com/ralph_masonjr/status/1131326034110865408?s=21

FWIW, from the guy who was yelling Lebron to the Lakers very early on 2 seasons ago...

Vecsey is Phil's mouth piece..

He did report last year that Bron to LA was a done deal along with Sheridan. Same can’t be said about SAS, Windhorst, Broussard etc.

I don’t think anyone knows what Kawhi is gonna do its all speculation.
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 3:48 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
diamondcutter wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
Car54 wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
Mini Mamba wrote:
danzag wrote:

Why Kyrie and not Rob?

If it's white, it ain't right.

lol
#savethekids
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 3:50 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
anth2000 wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
anth2000 wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
anth2000 wrote:

What a (bleep) strange bird
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 4:11 pm    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:

LS after how hard East playoffs has been for kawhi, u think he will join a team with no other all Star?
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 4:14 pm    Post subject:

Its not news that, internally, the Lakers believe Kawhi is coming. However, this isn't the first time that the Lakers have believed something that never came to fruition. While there have been both publicized and non-publicized rumors of the Lakers being confident, nothing (as far as I know) has come from Kawhi's side of things for more than half a year.

Jesusdelonla wrote:
LS after how hard East playoffs has been for kawhi, u think he will join a team with no other all Star?

Losing in the East is the same as losing in the West. Besides, Kawhi wants to be in SoCal. As such, I think, barring a championship in Toronto (and maybe even then), Kawhi is LA bound next year, just as KD is NY bound (regardless of how this season plays out). The only question for KD, is if Kyrie and/or AD joins him there. For Kawhi, the only question is which team - the Clippers or the Lakers.

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
matrixskillz
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 4:18 pm    Post subject:

LeBron is not going to play PF. That’s already been established. That means we really need a big who can stay on the court. Kuzma is our stretch 4.

"I GOT WHEATIES!"
The Lebrons
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 4:24 pm    Post subject:

matrixskillz wrote:
LeBron is not going to play PF. That’s already been established. That means we really need a big who can stay on the court. Kuzma is our stretch 4.

What? Lebron is a 4.
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 4:44 pm    Post subject:

The Lebrons wrote:
matrixskillz wrote:

What? Lebron is a 4.

I wonder why this is still even a thing with so many teams rolling out lineups with position-less/interchangeable wings at the traditional 2,3,4 spots. If Lebron still cares so much about optics you can roll Kawhi and Lebron out at the forward spots and just call them both SFs.
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 4:45 pm    Post subject:

LeBron James is embracing playing power forward for the Cavaliers like never before

This was in March 2016...he actually was embracing the move. Why not now?
€H£M£$TR¥
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 4:51 pm    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
LeBron James is embracing playing power forward for the Cavaliers like never before

This was in March 2016...he actually was embracing the move. Why not now?

He should embrace playing defense sometime. The hear it’s all the rage.
lakerican
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 5:36 pm    Post subject:

Exactly, LeBron is a 4 and have to play 4. And Kuzma is a good player but not a stretch 4. He just is a 6th man, which sometimes gets hot.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 5:55 pm    Post subject:

audioaxes wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Car54 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
LBJ23 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
audioaxes wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
epak wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Quote:
"David Griffin and Rob Pelinka were engaged on Friday. They were in an animated discussion that lasted for several minutes. Griffin at times was covering his mouth when speaking. I had eyes on the conversation."

https://twitter.com/showtimeforum/status/1130968359787327489?s=21

Before or after the lotto?
Griffin and Rob saying, I'm so glad the 2 idiots who made bball decisions for our teams are gone.

I think this past Friday so after lottery.

Griffin: Same deal plus #4?
Pelinka: Do I look like Magic to you?
Griffin: Hmmm, talk in 2 weeks?
Pelinka: Sure, let Zion sign with Klutch first.

been saying this is the key right there. If Klutch signs Zion, the Pelicans will be forced to play very nice with Klutch and not get in the way of AD going to the Lakers

Why? Zion has no options.

He would in 4 years where he could take the QO and walk after

That’s quite the threat. “Do what AD wants now or you might regret it in 5 years”.

You’re the only one who doesn’t get it or maybe you’re just being an ass. Many sport shows are talking about this.

I do get it, any threat by Klutch would be hollow. That you don’t seem to get. Sports shows talking about it means nothing, most of the hosts couldn’t spell CBA if you spotted them the C and the B.

how would it be hollow? they just saw Klutch sign AD and a couple months later he is already demanding a trade out of there. Im sure the Pelicans can imagine what the outcome can be if a scorched earth Klutch is in Zion's ear for 4 years.

How is that demand working for him? Is he a Laker yet? Or Paul George? That is hollow.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 6:00 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:

I could see Kawhi going to the Clippers but the talk of Durant going to them seems far fetched.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 6:05 pm    Post subject:

audioaxes wrote:
The Lebrons wrote:
matrixskillz wrote:

What? Lebron is a 4.

I wonder why this is still even a thing with so many teams rolling out lineups with position-less/interchangeable wings at the traditional 2,3,4 spots. If Lebron still cares so much about optics you can roll Kawhi and Lebron out at the forward spots and just call them both SFs.

It isn’t about labels, it is about banging with bigs.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 6:58 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:

I could see Kawhi going to the Clippers but the talk of Durant going to them seems far fetched.

Oh, totally. He's going East to be the King of New York.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1311, 1312, 1313 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 1312 of 8560
Jump to: