OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1309, 1310, 1311 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
panamaniac
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 1:10 pm    Post subject:

Funny, Stephen A. was just babbling the other day about how the Lakers have no shot at Irving, and how he personally got word from Kyrie's people. Shows you how little these so called insiders actually know.
Ironicles
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 1:11 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
You can sign Kyrie (or any max free agent) with cap space and then do a trade for Kawhi (if he were willing to opt in to the final year of his current deal), and that Kawhi trade would actually cost less in terms of needed outgoing salary than a move for Anthony Davis would cost. And since Kawhi can bolt for nothing, you would think that the Raptors would be happy to get something of quality.

Not saying this outcome is particularly likely, just saying it's a possibility.

So then maybe Kyrie Lonzo Kawhi LeBron Lopez? Please oh please!
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 1:12 pm    Post subject:

I am sure he has a house here or just visiting but I work at LA Live next to Staples and my co-worker just saw Irving with two people walking around near Ralphs over here close to Figueroa st.
E_Wulf420
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 1:12 pm    Post subject:

Trading for a superstar would only make a our roster weaker imo. Yeah LBJ, kyrie and AD would be a good team but your only going to have veteran minimums to fill out a with role players that can make an impact. If we keep our pick and sign a star to put at the 2 all we would need to do is sign a big and a wing that can catch and shoot from 3. We have the exception to sign a quality shooter.

Ball/FA Vet/Bonga
FA/4th pick
Ingram/Hart
Lebron/Kuzma
FA(exception)

This team is better than Portland, Utah, Timberwolves, Spurs, Okc, and the Rockets. Only teams that give this team trouble is GSW, bucks, Raptors if Kawhi stays and Denver.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 1:16 pm    Post subject:

E_Wulf420 wrote:
Trading for a superstar would only make a our roster weaker imo. Yeah LBJ, kyrie and AD would be a good team but your only going to have veteran minimums to fill out a with role players that can make an impact. If we keep our pick and sign a star to put at the 2 all we would need to do is sign a big and a wing that can catch and shoot from 3. We have the exception to sign a quality shooter.

Ball/FA Vet/Bonga
FA/4th pick
Ingram/Hart
Lebron/Kuzma
FA(exception)

This team is better than Portland, Utah, Timberwolves, Spurs, Okc, and the Rockets. Only teams that give this team trouble is GSW, bucks, Raptors if Kawhi stays and Denver.

My preferred route is a max FA (KL), keep the YUTES.

But thankfully, the only realistic (though not technically the only) way to do this is to trade for someone like AD after FA for cap reasons. So we will know by then whether we have that max FA in tow, and whether we mortgage it all for another all star.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 1:18 pm    Post subject:

I'd rather have 2 stars and depth than 3 stars and no depth
#savethekids
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 1:19 pm    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:
I am sure he has a house here or just visiting but I work at LA Live next to Staples and my co-worker just saw Irving with two people walking around near Ralphs over here close to Figueroa st.

Scoping out the parade route for next year AWESOME
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 1:23 pm    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:

Thanks for the info

Last edited by Inspector Gadget on Wed May 22, 2019 1:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 1:23 pm    Post subject:

Ironicles wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
You can sign Kyrie (or any max free agent) with cap space and then do a trade for Kawhi (if he were willing to opt in to the final year of his current deal), and that Kawhi trade would actually cost less in terms of needed outgoing salary than a move for Anthony Davis would cost. And since Kawhi can bolt for nothing, you would think that the Raptors would be happy to get something of quality.

Not saying this outcome is particularly likely, just saying it's a possibility.

So then maybe Kyrie Lonzo Kawhi LeBron Lopez? Please oh please!

I'm guessing that any trade for Kawhi would probably end up as Lonzo going outward plus the #4 pick. That gets you to the needed salary, pretty much (perhaps Bonga would have to go out). I suppose you could replace Lonzo with Ingram, with another player (Wagner?) going outward. This is nothing but a guess on my part, but not only do I think the Lakers value Ingram higher than Lonzo, but I think Ujiri would prefer Lonzo anyway (has one more year of team control than Ingram, plus they are in need of guard help since Lowry is in the final year of his deal). I also think that McGee would be more likely to return than Lopez.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 1:24 pm    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
LBJ23 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
audioaxes wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
epak wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Quote:
"David Griffin and Rob Pelinka were engaged on Friday. They were in an animated discussion that lasted for several minutes. Griffin at times was covering his mouth when speaking. I had eyes on the conversation."

https://twitter.com/showtimeforum/status/1130968359787327489?s=21

Before or after the lotto?
Griffin and Rob saying, I'm so glad the 2 idiots who made bball decisions for our teams are gone.

I think this past Friday so after lottery.

Griffin: Same deal plus #4?
Pelinka: Do I look like Magic to you?
Griffin: Hmmm, talk in 2 weeks?
Pelinka: Sure, let Zion sign with Klutch first.

been saying this is the key right there. If Klutch signs Zion, the Pelicans will be forced to play very nice with Klutch and not get in the way of AD going to the Lakers

Why? Zion has no options.

He would in 4 years where he could take the QO and walk after

That’s quite the threat. “Do what AD wants now or you might regret it in 5 years”.

You’re the only one who doesn’t get it or maybe you’re just being an ass. Many sport shows are talking about this.

I do get it, any threat by Klutch would be hollow. That you don’t seem to get. Sports shows talking about it means nothing, most of the hosts couldn’t spell CBA if you spotted them the C and the B.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 1:25 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Jeanie, do the right thing and offer Uncle Dennis a job with the Lakers.

That’s some top rank tampering
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

danzag wrote:

What about 3 stars and some depth, but not all of the depth? I think this is my preferred path, but it could be hard to still have some of the depth if you trade for a 3rd star. I think I agree that I don't want to trade all of our depth in an AD trade, for example. But if you can keep one of Lonzo or Ingram in an AD trade, I think I'm OK with it, especially if you can also keep one of Kuz/Hart in such a deal.
Mini Mamba
Star Player
Star Player

danzag wrote:

Having three stars imo is unnecessary since no team will likely have that next season (assuming KD leaves GS).

Having good quality depth and being 8-9 guys deep is more important than a "big 3".
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 1:26 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
anth2000 wrote:

Thanks for the info

By the way, I work in the same building as ESPN and AEG in case anyone wants to know. I have seen Shaq, Jalen Rose, Mychal Thompson, T-Mac, Fisher, Bill Walton, Steve Balmer, etc....

My colleague is a big basketball fan so that's why he recognized Kyrie. Said he had a hoodie on walking with two guys....
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 1:29 pm    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
anth2000 wrote:

Thanks for the info

By the way, I work in the same building as ESPN and AEG in case anyone wants to know. I have seen Shaq, Jalen Rose, Mychal Thompson, T-Mac, Fisher, Bill Walton, Steve Balmer, etc....

My colleague is a big basketball fan so that's why he recognized Kyrie. Said he had a hoodie on walking with two guys....

Lakers being linked with Irving makes it more exciting that he was in LA.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 1:31 pm    Post subject:

Mini Mamba wrote:
danzag wrote:

Having three stars imo is unnecessary since no team will likely have that next season (assuming KD leaves GS).

Having good quality depth and being 8-9 guys deep is more important than a "big 3".

Well, let's say you sign Kyrie and you can get AD for a package of Ball, the #4 pick, Kuzma, Wagner, Bonga, and two future 1st's. Say McGee comes back. The starting lineup could be Kyrie/Ingram/LeBron/Davis/McGee, with Caruso and Hart as bench options. That's 7 deep right there, not accounting for any other moves. You'd have to think that at least a couple of solid ring chasers would join up.

Again, for me, I wouldn't be willing to trade all of the young depth in an AD trade or in a trade for another star, but if you can keep one of Lonzo/Ingram and one of Hart/Kuz, I think I am ok with it, depending on which player we get back, of course.
Mini Mamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 1:35 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
Mini Mamba wrote:
danzag wrote:

Well, let's say you sign Kyrie and you can get AD for a package of Ball, the #4 pick, Kuzma, Wagner, Bonga, and two future 1st's. Say McGee comes back. The starting lineup could be Kyrie/Ingram/LeBron/Davis/McGee, with Caruso and Hart as bench options. That's 7 deep right there, not accounting for any other moves. You'd have to think that at least a couple of solid ring chasers would join up.

Again, for me, I wouldn't be willing to trade all of the young depth in an AD trade or in a trade for another star, but if you can keep one of Lonzo/Ingram and one of Hart/Kuz, I think I am ok with it, depending on which player we get back, of course.

If that scenario happened I would be happy.

But I think any AD trade would have to start with Ball, BI, Kuz and #4.

Pelicans aren't going to trade us AD unless they get our top assets.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 2:08 pm    Post subject:

Mini Mamba wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
Mini Mamba wrote:
danzag wrote:

If that scenario happened I would be happy.

But I think any AD trade would have to start with Ball, BI, Kuz and #4.

Pelicans aren't going to trade us AD unless they get our top assets.

Plus there will be other suitors, we would have to make NO happy and outbid other teams.
SGVL1
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 2:10 pm    Post subject:

Sorry not buying Durant to the clips either. I know everyone baptizes J west media and LG included but this move isn’t in Kds character. He loves the easy way out so do the splash brothers. I think they pay a huge tax next year and maybe let Draymond walk. Dunno why kd would go to a budding rival just cuz J west is there
Inverse
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 2:13 pm    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:

Kyrie is always out here in the off-season. Seen him multiple times walking the streets of hollywood on a friday/saturday night
Iron Mamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 2:15 pm    Post subject:

Marc Stein on the SAS show saying he's heard people from the Warriors organization that Durant was going to New York, hearing it's a "done deal"

http://www.espn.com/espnradio/play?id=26801595
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 2:17 pm    Post subject:

Iron Mamba wrote:
Marc Stein on the SAS show saying he's heard people from the Warriors organization that Durant was going to New York, hearing it's a "done deal"

he goes there with Kyrie.

Kawhi is only left for us or maybe Butler

Klay no matter what is staying in Golden State
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 2:20 pm    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
Iron Mamba wrote:

Well, pardon my ignorance but what is the New York draw? Crappy ass owner. Probably one of the worst in sports......and they want to play for that? Also, do they realize if they aren't great, the fans and media will slaughter them?

I am not buying the "done deal" crap.
Iron Mamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 2:23 pm    Post subject:

To add to Marc Stein's interview, he also mentioned he rarely hears the Lakers being mentioned as a destination in any of the top free agents. He says Lakers organization are a mess they're only hope is if Klutch and LeBron can convince a top agent to come.

Stein:

- Durant most likely to Knicks
- Kawhi most likely to Clippers

FWIW of course.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 2:28 pm    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
Iron Mamba wrote:

Well, pardon my ignorance but what is the New York draw? Crappy ass owner. Probably one of the worst in sports......and they want to play for that? Also, do they realize if they aren't great, the fans and media will slaughter them?

I am not buying the "done deal" crap.

so same state as the lakers when Lebron signed with us?

u still trying to figure out, KD is signing with the Knicks for BB reasons? lol
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1309, 1310, 1311 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 1310 of 8560
Jump to: