OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1295, 1296, 1297 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 9:50 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
epak wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
epak wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
Would Lauri be able to guard J Butler, Paul George, KD, Kyrie, and other elite perimeter players?

No way.
But I thought that's why we were going after the likes of Kawhi?

Oh I guess I caught the tail end of what was being discussed.. Thought it was just about Ball/Ingram's value, compared to Lauri's.

It was a trade proposal.
Some say Chicago wont do it cuz Lauri is high value.
Some say Lakers wont cuz BI is high value.
:shrug:

I think both parties could make credible arguments..

After this upcoming season I believe perceptions on Ball and Ingram will change for the better.

I tend to agree.
LKA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 9:51 pm    Post subject:

If LeBron isn't moved (which obviously wont happen) then 2 of the young guys gotta go. Too many poor shooters in the main rotation. It's a losing recipe to have 3 non shooters out there with LeBron
GameCock-MD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 9:51 pm    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
epak wrote:
2019 wrote:
EZ-Ryder wrote:
2019 wrote:
YSong wrote:
LKA wrote:
Ingram ain't better than Lauri

Some of you have not watched Lauri. He’s a perfect fit for our team. Can play that stretch 4/5 role

Lauri is a stud and like u said... perfect fit

Not just for us, but the entire league. There isn't one team in the NBA that Lauri makes worse. 19 and 9 in year 2 and 36% from 3 and an 87% free throw shooter? And he's 7 feet tall!?

On any other team this guy would be an untouchable asset. It's only because it's the Bulls could I see some team trading for him.

I think Chicago would rather easily turn down the above mentioned deal of BI/4 for Lauri/7

So you're on the side that thinks Lauri is better than BI now? And in the future?

I'm on the side that BI has a health issue that is at least somewhat worrisome and he's up for an extension soon. I am also on the side that BI isn't a catch and shoot player the way Lauri can be which is ideal for LeBron and just team spacing in general. I'm further on the side that LeBron doesn't want to play PF which makes things a little more murky.

I don't want to move BI, I'm just saying we'd definitely have our reasons to do so in this scenario.

Lauri moves like a 7'0 small forward. Footwork and body control is not that of a big man. I could put him through my guard drills and I'd bet he'd keep up.

If CHI gives him up, everybody in that front office should be fired.
LKA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 9:52 pm    Post subject:

GameCock-MD wrote:
2019 wrote:
epak wrote:
2019 wrote:
EZ-Ryder wrote:
2019 wrote:
YSong wrote:
LKA wrote:

Some of you have not watched Lauri. He’s a perfect fit for our team. Can play that stretch 4/5 role

Not just for us, but the entire league. There isn't one team in the NBA that Lauri makes worse. 19 and 9 in year 2 and 36% from 3 and an 87% free throw shooter? And he's 7 feet tall!?

On any other team this guy would be an untouchable asset. It's only because it's the Bulls could I see some team trading for him.

I think Chicago would rather easily turn down the above mentioned deal of BI/4 for Lauri/7

So you're on the side that thinks Lauri is better than BI now? And in the future?

I'm on the side that BI has a health issue that is at least somewhat worrisome and he's up for an extension soon. I am also on the side that BI isn't a catch and shoot player the way Lauri can be which is ideal for LeBron and just team spacing in general. I'm further on the side that LeBron doesn't want to play PF which makes things a little more murky.

I don't want to move BI, I'm just saying we'd definitely have our reasons to do so in this scenario.

Lauri moves like a 7'0 small forward. Footwork and body control is not that of a big man. I could put him through my guard drills and I'd bet he'd keep up.

If CHI gives him up, everybody in the front office should be fired.

Wow somebody that watches teams/players outside of the Lakers! Rare to see.
PlantedTanks
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 9:53 pm    Post subject:

LKA wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
LKA wrote:
I'd give Lonzo Ingram and Kuzma for Lauri and they would still say no

Now this is just silly

I don't think so mainly cuz none of them can shoot. But again Chicago still wouldn't accept. They would want LeBron for him.

With all that great shooting the Bulls still finished with a 22-60 record and 27-55 the year before.
YSong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 9:53 pm    Post subject:

PlantedTanks wrote:
YSong wrote:
LKA wrote:

I feel Lauri's reputation as a shooter is over hyped and defensively he is a negative.

Be honest. Have you watched him?
LKA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 9:54 pm    Post subject:

PlantedTanks wrote:
LKA wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
LKA wrote:

Now this is just silly

I don't think so mainly cuz none of them can shoot. But again Chicago still wouldn't accept. They would want LeBron for him.

With all that great shooting the Bulls still finished with a 22-60 record and 27-55 the year before.

And with the wonderful talents of our young core we're still stuck in the lottery ... difference is we couldn't even make the playoffs with 3 of em! Lauri is just one guy. Bigs also don't lead, perimeter players do
GameCock-MD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 9:55 pm    Post subject:

LKA wrote:
GameCock-MD wrote:
2019 wrote:
epak wrote:
2019 wrote:
EZ-Ryder wrote:
2019 wrote:
YSong wrote:
LKA wrote:

If CHI gives him up, everybody in the front office should be fired.

Wow somebody that watches teams/players outside of the Lakers! Rare to see.

LOL...yeah. I'm a college basketball fan first. I'm a Lakers Fan because of Magic but I keep up with multiple NBA players and teams.
alleyoop
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 9:56 pm    Post subject:

Why are we even talking about getting Lauri?

I can see Lonzo + a future first for 7 + WCJ, nothing more. Getting Carter and someone like Coby White or DeAndre Hunter is a win for Lonzo
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 9:56 pm    Post subject:

GameCock-MD wrote:
2019 wrote:
epak wrote:
2019 wrote:
EZ-Ryder wrote:
2019 wrote:
YSong wrote:
LKA wrote:

If CHI gives him up, everybody in that front office should be fired.

Yup. That was kind of how I opened my post on this topic... that kid is unreal.

Re-draft, he goes easily top 4. Probably even top 3. Just depends what flavor you like.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 9:58 pm    Post subject:

alleyoop wrote:
Why are we even talking about getting Lauri?

I can see Lonzo + a future first for 7 + WCJ, nothing more. Getting Carter and someone like Coby White or DeAndre Hunter is a win for Lonzo

Chicago wouldn't do that either.

but we're talking about it because we're bored of watching other teams play and our fantasy minds are kicking in.
LKA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 9:58 pm    Post subject:

We could've drafted Markkanen
Lakesh0wtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 10:00 pm    Post subject:

LKA wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
LKA wrote:

Now this is just silly

PlantedTanks
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 10:01 pm    Post subject:

YSong wrote:
PlantedTanks wrote:
YSong wrote:
LKA wrote:

I feel Lauri's reputation as a shooter is over hyped and defensively he is a negative.

Be honest. Have you watched him?

I try to watch at least 2 games of each team a season. Don't necessarily make my quota and at times I watch more games of certain teams.

At least for me that is enough to at least form an opinion.
LKA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 10:03 pm    Post subject:

Lakesh0wtime wrote:
LKA wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
LKA wrote:

Now this is just silly

Which fact is funny? The fact that none of them can shoot or the fact that they wouldn't accept any trade for Lauri unless LeBron is in it?

Cuz both are facts ..
YSong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 10:03 pm    Post subject:

Does Lauri move like a lumbering 7 footer?

Lakesh0wtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 10:05 pm    Post subject:

LKA wrote:
Lakesh0wtime wrote:
LKA wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
LKA wrote:

Now this is just silly

Which fact is funny? The fact that none of them can shoot or the fact that they wouldn't accept any trade for Lauri unless LeBron is in it?

Cuz both are facts ..

What makes them facts? They’re your opinion. Stop talking like you’re some sort of basketball savant.

Yeah he can shoot better than our 3 young guys. I don’t believe he is more valuable than all 3 combined.
LKA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 10:06 pm    Post subject:

Lakesh0wtime wrote:
LKA wrote:
Lakesh0wtime wrote:
LKA wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
LKA wrote:

Now this is just silly

Cuz both are facts ..

What makes them facts? They’re your opinion. Stop talking like you’re some sort of basketball savant.

Yeah he can shoot better than our 3 young guys. I don’t believe he is more valuable than all 3 combined.

Go watch some tape of Lauri .. it's clear to me that you haven't seen enough. Dude is an athletic Dirk Nowitzki.
PlantedTanks
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 10:07 pm    Post subject:

LKA wrote:
Lakesh0wtime wrote:
LKA wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
LKA wrote:

Now this is just silly

Cuz both are facts ..

Yes Lauri is such a transcendent talent he has carried his Bulls team to a 49 - 111 record these past 2 years.
Lakesh0wtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 10:08 pm    Post subject:

LKA wrote:
Lakesh0wtime wrote:
LKA wrote:
Lakesh0wtime wrote:
LKA wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
LKA wrote:

Now this is just silly

Cuz both are facts ..

Go watch some tape of Lauri .. it's clear to me that you haven't seen enough. Dude is an athletic Dirk Nowitzki.

I’m not saying he’s not good. He could end up being the best prospect out of the 4. But I don’t believe he is more valuable than them 3 combined.

The difference between you and I is I’m open to being wrong and don’t think I’m 100 percent right. You’re over here running your mouth like your opinion is the end all be all truth.
LKA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 10:08 pm    Post subject:

PlantedTanks wrote:
LKA wrote:
Lakesh0wtime wrote:
LKA wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
LKA wrote:

Now this is just silly

Cuz both are facts ..

Yes Lauri is such a transcendent talent he has carried his Bulls team to a 49 - 111 record these past 2 years.

You wouldn't know what kind of talent he is, you just admitted you only watched 4 games of him.
PlantedTanks
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 10:09 pm    Post subject:

LKA wrote:
PlantedTanks wrote:
LKA wrote:
Lakesh0wtime wrote:
LKA wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
LKA wrote:

Now this is just silly

Cuz both are facts ..

You wouldn't know what kind of talent he is, you just admitted you only watched 4 games of him.

But according to you he appears to be all world, yes not your words but hey I just read between the lines.

49 - 111. Lets celebrate for the Bulls.
GameCock-MD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 10:12 pm    Post subject:

LKA wrote:
PlantedTanks wrote:
LKA wrote:
Lakesh0wtime wrote:
LKA wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
LKA wrote:

Now this is just silly

Cuz both are facts ..

Even if CHI said yes to that trade, the Lakers would not. Lauri is a very good prospect and has potential but I doubt anyone will offer as much for him as they offer for an established star like AD. We should not bid against ourselves, right?
GameCock-MD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 10:15 pm    Post subject:

PlantedTanks wrote:
LKA wrote:
PlantedTanks wrote:
LKA wrote:
Lakesh0wtime wrote:
LKA wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
LKA wrote:

Now this is just silly

Cuz both are facts ..

But according to you he appears to be all world, yes not your words but hey I just read between the lines.

49 - 111. Lets celebrate for the Bulls.

He has good potential.
The Bulls are a bad team.

Those 2 aren't always mutually exclusive.
LKA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 10:19 pm    Post subject:

GameCock-MD wrote:
LKA wrote:
PlantedTanks wrote:
LKA wrote:
Lakesh0wtime wrote:
LKA wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
LKA wrote:

Now this is just silly

Cuz both are facts ..

Even if CHI said yes to that trade, the Lakers would not. Lauri is a very good prospect and has potential but I doubt anyone will offer as much for him as they offer for an established star like AD. We should not bid against ourselves, right?

Of course they wouldn't.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1295, 1296, 1297 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 1296 of 8560
Jump to: