OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1248, 1249, 1250 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 7:24 am    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
maybe not to the lakers but its writing on the wall that AD is getting traded this summer

u build around Zion and market him as a franchise player

I bet the pelicans fans already moved ahead with zion. no need to keep uncertainty hanging over their heads.

get another top 4 pick, young asset and another 1st rd pick and build with those

Hopefully Zion will bring more impact than Davis did.
Bard207
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 7:24 am    Post subject:

Hero Ball wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
Hero Ball wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
Hero Ball wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
Hero Ball wrote:
2020-21 LAKERS SALARY

Bron-40M

Kawhi-33

Cap-109M

36M left for AD and rest.

Are you counting the 8.4 million for 9 minimum holds (933k each) and Luol Deng's 5 million stretch?

SOmeone's about to get Bard up his ass

there's a loophole on the min holds right?

Not aware of the loophole.

I just ran the numbers on Shamsports capulator. Renounced every player. Just Kawhi (34 mil) and Lebron (39) and Deng (5) on the books. 9 min holds gives us 25.8 mil in cap space. A little over 8 short of AD's max.

Oof, having to fill the roster with 9 vet mins. There's a team that can't afford any injuries.

A cap hold called an "incomplete roster charge" if the team has fewer than 12 players (players under contract, free agents included in team salary, players given offer sheets, and first round draft picks). This charge is equal to the rookie minimum salary for each player fewer than 12. For example, if there are 11 players included in team salary, then an amount equal to the rookie minimum salary is added to the team salary5; if the roster is completely empty, then 12 times the rookie minimum salary is added to the team salary. This charge only applies during the offseason.

Isn't the offseason traditionally when we're trying to sign free agents?

This year sign Kawhi in the off season.

Next year, we sign AD during the season when the minimum salary charge does not apply and we get cap space by Trading everyone for picks except for Bron and Kawhi.

Picks don't get a cap hold right?

Fill up the roster with ring chasing mofos. Pay the luxury.

Ugly but doable in theory.

Quote:

Picks don't get a cap hold right?

CBA

Quote:

(e) First Round Picks.
(1) A First Round Pick, immediately upon selection in the Draft,
shall be included in the Team Salary of the Team that holds his
draft rights at one hundred twenty percent (120%) of his applicable
Rookie Scale Amount (“Rookie Scale Cap Hold Amount”), and,
subject to Section 4(e)(2) and (3) below, shall continue to be
included in the Team Salary of any Team that holds his draft rights

(including any Team to which the player’s draft rights are assigned)
until such time as the player signs with such Team or until the
Team loses or assigns its exclusive draft rights to the player.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 7:27 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
What team allows their GM to make unfettered franchise changing decisions? None. Even Jerry West has to get approval from Doc Buss. That is just the way things work. Loomis is an NFL get where teams don’t let players/agents control the narrative (see Bell), Paul’s attempt to control the Pelican FO won’t be rewarded. He is no Magic.

I didn't say unfettered... I asked why it isn't possible for Griffin to convince him if the Lakers make an idiotic offer.

My question clearly implied that Loomis would make the call, under Griffin's sage advisement.

I wish we were incapable of a stupid offer... but management has already proven this wrong.

Therefore, I think it's very plausible that we come up with a severe overpay that Griffin could bring Loomis to accept in the final year of a contract.

My only hope is that Magic was the problem and not Rob... so they don't make another Godfather offer.

Or that you are right about Loomis and he's stubborn enough to go against his own interests.

I know you aren't high on our players... but surely you can see a point where we can beat other offers by sheer stupidity.
Joe Pesci
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 7:29 am    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
Joe Pesci wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Still feel that AD and Lakers unlikely. I’d put Knicks, clips, even Celts ahead of us bc of the Pels reluctance to deal with us. That’s not even including dark horse teams that May come out of nowhere

Griffin is a whole 'nother animal. If the Lakers offer a markedly better package than other teams, he'll send Davis to the Lakers.

With the acquisition of the fourth pick, if Griffin has a hard-on for Garland or Barrett, the Lakers CLEARLY have the best package.

Even with the Lakers keeping one of Ball, Ingram, or Kuzma, the Lakers still have the much better offer.

The Celtics will not mortgage losing Tatum and Brown for an Anthony Davis who doesn't really want to play there and with Irving probably on his way out.

The Clippers, with Harrell and other parts, plus the Miami pick, just isn't as good as the Lakers' package.

And the Knicks, with the #3 pick, Robinson, and spare parts, just isn't as good either.

I don't think Griffin gives a damn where Davis goes, and now that they have the new darling of the league coming their way, a potential haul of talented youngsters to surround him with, will be appealing as hell.

Also, Garland, if that's who Griffin likes, is a Klutch guy. Griffin, obviously, already has a relationship with Klutch. It's hard for me to see Griffin being petty about sending Davis to his desired location when that location has the best offer, especially when it means damaging a relationship with a growing sports agency that is presently very, very healthy.

I think you have it wrong yinoma. With that #4 pick, the Pels will definitely be open to sending him here. The Lakers just have to be willing to make a sweet offer. I think it's a done deal.

Didn't someone just calculate that LBJ/Kawhi/AD won't fit on one team with the revised salary cap?

And even if we paid the luxury tax... that lineup is so threadbare, that I'm thinking unless Caruso suddenly morphs into a borderline 20 and 8 dude... with Kawhi needing to rest 20 games a year... with AD missing 15 games a year... with LBJ getting old... it just doesn't seem good for those players to be working with short rotations and heavy minutes.

Troy Daniels... a 40% 3 point shooter at the minimum?

And what is the real Seth Curry... the one who shot 45% during the regular season... or the one who's disappeared more than Bullock during the playoffs?

Chandler as the backup center? He was practically fossilized this season.

Mo also is extremely raw and unproven.

Appreciate the thought and creativity you put into that lineup Joe... but I'm extremely skeptical that even with 3 players of that caliber that you can find two 40% 3 point shooters who will sign for nothing and that the others will be good enough to get these injury prone players through the regular season.

Also, if Griffin thinks BI/Lonzo/Hart/Garland are worth more than AD... I would tend to believe his judgment over our own management's.

This tunnel vision for AD needs to stop. He's injury prone, he's won nothing... and the odds of signing Kawhi and Kyrie still remain low.

I suppose if Kawhi said to management that he would only sign if AD's coming... then you do an unbalanced trade... but I find it hard to believe that Kawhi would find that gutted lineup appealing.

It's not unbalanced at all.

Garland, Ingram, and Ball for Davis is right on as far as value.

You have to move on Meat. You don't get it and won't until you actually see Davis' impact on this team. Nothing at this point can convince you other than your eyes. If he comes, you'll see.

If Irving was guaranteed to stay in Boston and Davis was guaranteed to resign there, Ainge would trade Tatum, Brown, and a high draft pick for him in a second, especially if he had 30 mill in capspace.

Every GM in the league would. Davis is a great player -- a game-changer on a well-run franchise with an alpha in tow. You can besmudge his value all you want while simultaneously harping on the dire need to hold on to each an every youngster, but the fact remains that Davis is a beast.

Collectively, Ball, Ingram, and Garland may never be as good as him. The three of them together might reach his greatness, but within this context, with an all-timer in tow and 30 mill in space with other all-timers available, in one fell swoop, one trade can change the narrative about this team.

You trade for Davis, you have the league's attention, most importantly, the 2019 free agents' attention.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 7:39 am    Post subject:

Joe Pesci wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
Joe Pesci wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Still feel that AD and Lakers unlikely. I’d put Knicks, clips, even Celts ahead of us bc of the Pels reluctance to deal with us. That’s not even including dark horse teams that May come out of nowhere

Griffin is a whole 'nother animal. If the Lakers offer a markedly better package than other teams, he'll send Davis to the Lakers.

With the acquisition of the fourth pick, if Griffin has a hard-on for Garland or Barrett, the Lakers CLEARLY have the best package.

Even with the Lakers keeping one of Ball, Ingram, or Kuzma, the Lakers still have the much better offer.

The Celtics will not mortgage losing Tatum and Brown for an Anthony Davis who doesn't really want to play there and with Irving probably on his way out.

The Clippers, with Harrell and other parts, plus the Miami pick, just isn't as good as the Lakers' package.

And the Knicks, with the #3 pick, Robinson, and spare parts, just isn't as good either.

I don't think Griffin gives a damn where Davis goes, and now that they have the new darling of the league coming their way, a potential haul of talented youngsters to surround him with, will be appealing as hell.

Also, Garland, if that's who Griffin likes, is a Klutch guy. Griffin, obviously, already has a relationship with Klutch. It's hard for me to see Griffin being petty about sending Davis to his desired location when that location has the best offer, especially when it means damaging a relationship with a growing sports agency that is presently very, very healthy.

I think you have it wrong yinoma. With that #4 pick, the Pels will definitely be open to sending him here. The Lakers just have to be willing to make a sweet offer. I think it's a done deal.

Didn't someone just calculate that LBJ/Kawhi/AD won't fit on one team with the revised salary cap?

And even if we paid the luxury tax... that lineup is so threadbare, that I'm thinking unless Caruso suddenly morphs into a borderline 20 and 8 dude... with Kawhi needing to rest 20 games a year... with AD missing 15 games a year... with LBJ getting old... it just doesn't seem good for those players to be working with short rotations and heavy minutes.

And what is the real Seth Curry... the one who shot 45% during the regular season... or the one who's disappeared more than Bullock during the playoffs?

Appreciate the thought and creativity you put into that lineup Joe... but I'm extremely skeptical that even with 3 players of that caliber that you can find two 40% 3 point shooters who will sign for nothing and that the others will be good enough to get these injury prone players through the regular season.

Also, if Griffin thinks BI/Lonzo/Hart/Garland are worth more than AD... I would tend to believe his judgment over our own management's.

This tunnel vision for AD needs to stop. He's injury prone, he's won nothing... and the odds of signing Kawhi and Kyrie still remain low.

I suppose if Kawhi said to management that he would only sign if AD's coming... then you do an unbalanced trade... but I find it hard to believe that Kawhi would find that gutted lineup appealing.

You have to move on Meat. You don't get it and won't until you actually see Davis' impact on this team. Nothing at this point can convince you other than your eyes. If he comes, you'll see.

If Irving was guaranteed to stay in Boston and Davis was guaranteed to resign there, Ainge would trade Tatum, Brown, and a high draft pick for him in a second, especially if he had 30 mill in capspace.

Every GM in the league would. Davis is a great player -- a game-changer on a well-run franchise with an alpha in tow. You can besmudge his value all you want while simultaneously harping on the dire need to hold on to each an every youngster, but the fact remains that Davis is a beast.

Collectively, Ball, Ingram, and Garland may never be as good as him. The three of them together might reach his greatness, but within this context, with an all-timer in tow and 30 mill in space with other all-timers available, in one fell swoop, one trade can change the narrative about this team.

You trade for Davis, you have the league's attention, most importantly, the 2019 free agents' attention.

Davis is not worth #4/bi/Ingram

Most i give up is 4/Hart/Wagner and 1 of bi/lonzo
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 7:40 am    Post subject:

Joe Pesci wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
Joe Pesci wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

You didn't mention Hart and also the likelihood we'd need to throw a future 1st in that mix.

I've said I'd be okay with the trade if we could keep one of Ball/BI/Garland.

Kuzma is the least valuable asset of the four... even though I do think he's a useful player who might even become more important if he regains his outside shot.

I also respect AD and would be glad to sign him next season... I just wouldn't give up those assets. I think he's a great player and I like his character... my concerns about him are that he's injured a lot and hasn't shown the ability to lead his team to wins consistently.

Again, if Kawhi says he'd come if we signed AD... then I can justify the overpay... even though I think we'd be way too thin to compete for a title.

I'd look to the future post LBJ, with AD and Kawhi as the cornerstones of the franchise.

If we don't have Kawhi or Kyrie... I wouldn't do it.
NBALakerLegends
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 7:45 am    Post subject:

Brian Windhorst getting called out in this article about Zion and his unhappiness with New Orleans. He was the first to mention Pels not dealing with the Lakers. He might need to check his sources.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2019/05/16/would-zion-williamson-return-duke-pelicans-lottery-win-sparks-speculation/
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 7:47 am    Post subject:

Joe Pesci wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

It’s ownership not the GM I’m worried about.
LAL1947
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 7:52 am    Post subject:

Joe Pesci wrote:
It will come down to which top-four pick Griffin really, really likes and wants to pair with Williamson.

I think it's Garland, mostly because of his jumper (over Barrett's).

Next, it will come down to which team as the better ancillary pieces:

Ingram vs. Mitchell Robinson
Ball vs. Knox
Hart vs. Ntilikina (Do the Pels really want Dennis Smith Jr. feeding Zion?)

The Lakers clearly have the edge in ancillary pieces. I don't care what anyone says. Ingram and Ball are better prospects than Robinson and Knox. Anyone who thinks otherwise is being disingenuous.

The Knicks have the edge in future picks, and they have the edge in casting doubt over Ingram's injury, but those Dallas picks could very well be worse than the Laker picks that they'd include, and Ingram's injury concerns could be easily quelled with research.

I don't think it matters which player Griffin prefers because the Knicks will speak with him before and draft whoever he wants before we pick. It will most likely be RJ... Zion's BFF and fills a need for them at SF. You're trying really hard to convince yourself the Knicks don't have the upper hand... but they do, provided they know Kyrie+KD are joining them and are willing to give away everything else they have. They are also in the East, so the Pels might decide to send AD there even if our offers is just slightly better.

Smith Jr., Ntilikina, Knox, Robinson.
+ 2019 3rd pick.
+ their own future picks
+ Dallas 2021 unprotected 1st
+ Dallas 2023 protected 1st

The players the Knicks can include are younger and on cheaper/longer contracts... they have better and more picks. Some of our players are clearly better (Lonzo, BI), but they are also costlier, will need to extended sooner, and have injury worries. We're not beating their offer if they decide to go all in. That's the kicker... if they go all in. Our only hope is that they don't because we'd probably be able to make the next best offer after them.

Last edited by LAL1947 on Thu May 16, 2019 8:59 am; edited 3 times in total
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 7:53 am    Post subject:

NBALakerLegends wrote:
Brian Windhorst getting called out in this article about Zion and his unhappiness with New Orleans. He was the first to mention Pels not dealing with the Lakers. He might need to check his sources.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2019/05/16/would-zion-williamson-return-duke-pelicans-lottery-win-sparks-speculation/

https://twitter.com/igotburners/status/1128769741642878977?s=21
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 7:54 am    Post subject:

NBALakerLegends wrote:

Quote:
Windhorst said that the topic of Williamson’s potential unhappiness with going to the Pelicans — particularly after seeing the New York Knicks and Los Angeles Lakers come agonizingly close to getting the first pick — has been “blowing up my phone since last night.” After suggesting that Williamson “could threaten to go back to Duke,” Windhorst said, “Now, is that the kind of person that Zion is? People that I know who know him say no, that this is not who he is.” Windhorst then added that “it’s a conversation that’s happening in the NBA right now.”

Is this what you're referring to?
Wndys comment seems innocent. Did windy suggest anything like the post said? Or did he just state an option?
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 7:58 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Joe Pesci wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Griffin answers to Loomis, Griffin isn’t making that decision.

NBA radio said Griff only took the job because they empowered him to make that decision.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 7:59 am    Post subject:

LAL1947 wrote:
Joe Pesci wrote:
It will come down to which top-four pick Griffin really, really likes and wants to pair with Williamson.

I think it's Garland, mostly because of his jumper (over Barrett's).

Next, it will come down to which team as the better ancillary pieces:

Ingram vs. Mitchell Robinson
Ball vs. Knox
Hart vs. Ntilikina (Do the Pels really want Dennis Smith Jr. feeding Zion?)

The Lakers clearly have the edge in ancillary pieces. I don't care what anyone says. Ingram and Ball are better prospects than Robinson and Knox. Anyone who thinks otherwise is being disingenuous.

The Knicks have the edge in future picks, and they have the edge in casting doubt over Ingram's injury, but those Dallas picks could very well be worse than the Laker picks that they'd include, and Ingram's injury concerns could be easily quelled with research.

I don't think it matters which player he prefers from the Knicks' perspective because they will speak with him before and draft whoever he wants before we pick. It will most likely be RJ... Zion's BFF and fills a need for them at SF. You're trying really hard to convince yourself the Knicks don't have the upper hand... but they do, provided they know Kyrie+KD are joining them and are willing to give away everything else they have. They are also in the East, so the Pels might decide to send AD there even if our offers is just slightly better.

Smith Jr., Ntilikina, Knox, Robinson.
+ 2019 3rd pick.
+ their own future picks
+ Dallas 2021 unprotected 1st
+ Dallas 2023 protected 1st

The players the Knicks can include are younger and on cheaper/longer contracts... they have better and more picks. Some of our players are clearly better (Lonzo, BI), but they are also costlier, will need to extended sooner, and have injury worries. We're not beating their offer if they decide to go all in. That's the kicker... if they go all in. Our only hope is that they don't because we'd probably be able to make the next best offer after them.

and all AD has to do is say: Thanks but no thanks
LAL1947
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 8:15 am    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:

Why would he no to a bigger market and if KD + Kyrie are already there? We're wanting him to join a similar team that only has LeBron + an unknown max FA + nobody else. Anyway, I think we might need to stay in the AD sweepstakes, if for nothing else but to keep the other offers high.

I think you meant Rich Paul needs to say "thanks but no thanks"... if he sends AD to join up with KD+Kyrie, KD might end up with more rings than LeBron before LeBron retires.

Last edited by LAL1947 on Thu May 16, 2019 8:29 am; edited 2 times in total
Lonzo-Lite
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 8:23 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
2019 wrote:
Nash Vegas wrote:
All you AD pipe dreamers, dream of some other player if you want your dreams to come true.

dream of Kawhi

AD feels unlikely

I don't get the posters who are so quick to poo-poo the chances of getting AD. Our chances have gone up significantly since the Lottery results.

Yes but not significantly enough. Knicks chances are better, not to mention Pelicans getting Zion puts them further ahead in the driver seat to deal with the Lakers than they were previously.
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 8:28 am    Post subject:

Brendon Haywood just said that the Lakers have the best potential package out of Boston NY and Lakers
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 8:29 am    Post subject:

Ideal offseason:
#4 + = Beal

Kawai

Zo
Beale
Kawai
Bron
McGee
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 8:30 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
NBALakerLegends wrote:

Quote:
Windhorst said that the topic of Williamson’s potential unhappiness with going to the Pelicans — particularly after seeing the New York Knicks and Los Angeles Lakers come agonizingly close to getting the first pick — has been “blowing up my phone since last night.” After suggesting that Williamson “could threaten to go back to Duke,” Windhorst said, “Now, is that the kind of person that Zion is? People that I know who know him say no, that this is not who he is.” Windhorst then added that “it’s a conversation that’s happening in the NBA right now.”

Is this what you're referring to?
Wndys comment seems innocent. Did windy suggest anything like the post said? Or did he just state an option?

Not really an innocent comment when Richard Jefferson called the claim completely bogus during Sportscenter, but Windhorst kept doubling down and saying "this is the player empowerment era." Add the fact that Zion's stepdad just said he has every intention of joining the Pelicans if they draft him and that he is excited to join their franchise, which makes Windhorst sound like a hack: Source.
Rubin
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 8:30 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
What team allows their GM to make unfettered franchise changing decisions? None. Even Jerry West has to get approval from Doc Buss. That is just the way things work. Loomis is an NFL get where teams don’t let players/agents control the narrative (see Bell), Paul’s attempt to control the Pelican FO won’t be rewarded. He is no Magic.

I hear you but it’s not quite the same. It’s the difference between being in your job for years, having a clear chain of command with your bosses and deferring an important decision to them, VS. hiring one of the best in the business from the outside, and at the very top of the list they’re inheriting is a critical decision to be made. You’re bringing that person out of “retirement” and giving him a bump in title to his predecessor specifically to own this decision. There’s a clear understanding that the guy coming in from the outside is coming in large part to own that first massive decision.

I’m not saying he’ll have 100% unilateral power. I am saying I’m sure his first question to Benson/Loomis was something like “what can I do wit AD?” And I doubt an exec as accomplished as Griff who was living his best life in Napa Valley takes what’s otherwise a very bleh job in freaking New Orleans if they told him “well, you definitely can’t trade him to the Lakers, we hate those guys.”
Rubin
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 8:31 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:

I hear you but it’s not quite the same. It’s the difference between being in your job for years, having a clear chain of command with your bosses and deferring an important decision to them, VS. hiring one of the best in the business from the outside, and at the very top of the list they’re inheriting is a critical decision to be made. You’re bringing that person out of “retirement” and giving him a bump in title to his predecessor specifically to own this decision. There’s a clear understanding that the guy coming in from the outside is coming in large part to own that first massive decision.

I’m not saying he’ll have 100% unilateral power. I am saying I’m sure his first question to Benson/Loomis was something like “what can I do wit AD?” And I doubt an exec as accomplished as Griff who was living his best life in Napa Valley takes what’s otherwise a very bleh job in freaking New Orleans if they told him “well, you definitely can’t trade him to the Lakers, we hate those guys.”
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 8:35 am    Post subject:

LAL1947 wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:

Why would he no to a bigger market and if KD + Kyrie are already there? We're wanting him to join a similar team that only has LeBron + an unknown max FA + nobody else. Anyway, I think we might need to stay in the AD sweepstakes, if for nothing else but to keep the other offers high.

I think you meant Rich Paul needs to say "thanks but no thanks"... if he sends AD to join up with KD+Kyrie, KD might end up with more rings than LeBron before LeBron retires.

and u know whose side Rich Paul is on.

Hope they both go to Nets. AD comes here
JustaObserver
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 8:39 am    Post subject:

Joe Pesci wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
Purp 32 wrote:
To get Davis it's probably going to take the #4 pick, Ingram, Kuz, and a future 1st round unprotected pick. That's a better package than what NY has.

Two Questions : You want to go the Brooklyn Nets route? How did that turn out?

Ridiculous.

The Nets traded for two guys in their thirties.

This guys inclusion of an unprotected pick may be too much, but the basic framework is about right.

Tell us you're against trading for Davis because he's overrated, but don't imply that trading for him a the the age of 26 is akin to trading for a broke down Garnett and over hill Pierce. That's ridiculous,

Oooo no it’s not ridiculous...one agent star name leking who is going fast in the valley not on top of the hill anymore and ...and Davis? He about as bad as lonzo...both can’t stay healthy for a whiole year...lol.

You willing to trade all the talent away and future for that? This is one among many reasons magic deserved to been fired and demps being stupider than magic for not taking the deal got him fired.

Okay okay say we take griffin deal but strike out in fa....one injury to ad which is likely to happen given his history and we going back to lottery.
Say ad turns to Howard ...we will lose him and we going back to lottery...whoops we don’t own are picks sooo we picking for someone else straight like Brooklyn nets

Say we even get say kw annnd ad over here...who we going to surround them with ? Another bunch of has been broken down journey men?...at best we make the playoffs and then get booted....out some talent around the three? Well we can’t because we gave it all away and no picks...sound like the nets to me

So what are we actually choosing?
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 8:43 am    Post subject:

our best angle for getting the AD trade done is if Klutch signs Zion. Just like how the Lakers took care of KCP while trying to court Lebron, the Pelicans would have no other option besides to play nicer with Klutch and AD's demands. Their worst nightmare would be if Klutch angles Zion out of NOLA after his rookie contract.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 8:50 am    Post subject:

audioaxes wrote:
our best angle for getting the AD trade done is if Klutch signs Zion. Just like how the Lakers took care of KCP while trying to court Lebron, the Pelicans would have no other option besides to play nicer with Klutch and AD's demands. Their worst nightmare would be if Klutch angles Zion out of NOLA after his rookie contract.

Also, Silver protected the NOLA market with their next marketable star. I’m not saying it’s AD to the Lakers, just if Pels ownership continues to be difficult with AD trade anywhere then they might not get a gift next time around...
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 8:50 am    Post subject:

AD + Zion front court is like a dream. I don't blame AD if he decided to stay in Naulins.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1248, 1249, 1250 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 1249 of 8560
Jump to: