OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1240, 1241, 1242 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 4:38 pm    Post subject:

LBJ23 wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
audioaxes wrote:
governator wrote:
pio2u wrote:
Let's get a max guy in first. We can potentially sign AD next season.
This mess is seemingly gonna work it's way out and in the long run it will be in our favor.
This summer is going to be big.

If we get a good max and start winning, might buy us time to next summer but is the $ math there to sign a UFA AD next summer?

Just on rough top of my head calculations we might can squeeze AD in if we basically renounce our entire young core ( Ball, BI, Hart, Kuz) plus trade away our 2020 1st round pick

Lebron will be making around $38 mil, a second max $33 mil and AD $35 mil. Can't happen.

LBJ - $37,436,858
Kawhi - $32,700,00
AD - $27,093,019

You're overstating by about $9 million. If Kawhi is acquired via trade, as well (before he opts out), then you're over by about $20 million. Even with trade kickers, you'd be over by $15+ million.

They are talking about next summer when AD is a free agent and signing KL this season.

Oh, OK. Nevermind.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 4:51 pm    Post subject:

Something to consider for a lot of you lovely LG folk out there...

NO has no reason to tell the world they don't want to trade with the Lakers. Everyone knows what we were offering/would be willing to offer. And it's a pretty big offer.

Why tell everyone you have no interest in LA when the offer is strong? It takes THE major player off the table and thus offers become suppressed a little bit.

They just don't want to trade AD to LeBron and give in to Rich Paul. That old school football mentality is not going to let Loomis get shown up by some young player and his agent then force his hand.
scoobs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 5:03 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
nzahir wrote:
Say we sign Kawhi/Kyrie

Is there a fair way to get Beal?

Going to cost us as much salary as AD would, but Beal isn't worth as much as AD

If we want to keep ZO: BI, Kuz, 4th pick, Hart, Wagner, Bonga for Beal and future 1st(s)? Would Wiz even want to do that, risky type of trade for both sides

ZO
Beal
Kawhi
Lebron
Dedmon Hopefully with room

Don't see a realistic path for this

6 for 1 trades are pretty non-existent in the NBA
Yes, they are pretty rare. To avoid doing that, we have to either do a multi team trade, wait 30 days to trade the pick (after signing) or sign and trade some player(s) from our side (like Bullock). Not sure which of those options is most complicated.
Bard207
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 5:06 pm    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
audioaxes wrote:
governator wrote:
pio2u wrote:
This mess is seemingly gonna work it's way out and in the long run it will be in our favor.

If we get a good max and start winning, might buy us time to next summer but is the $ math there to sign a UFA AD next summer?

Just on rough top of my head calculations we might can squeeze AD in if we basically renounce our entire young core ( Ball, BI, Hart, Kuz) plus trade away our 2020 1st round pick

Lebron will be making around $38 mil, a second max $33 mil and AD $35 mil. Can't happen.

LBJ - $37,436,858
Kawhi - $32,700,00
AD - $27,093,019

You're overstating by about $9 million. If Kawhi is acquired via trade, as well (before he opts out), then you're over by about $20 million. Even with trade kickers, you'd be over by $15+ million.

Your interpretation of the proposal/idea is different than mine.

Quote:

1. Sign a 30% this summer
2. In summer 2020, trade/renounce/whatever the 2020 first and all players other than LeBron and the 2019 max player.
3. Sign Davis next summer as a FA.

Quote:

The NBA has informed its teams of updated projected salary cap and tax level that is unchanged in 2019-20 ($109M/$132M) — and $2M lower in 2020-21 ($116M/$141M), sources tell @TheAthleticNBA @Stadium.

Quote:

Oh, OK. Nevermind.

Ugh. Ugh. Ugh

Wasted my time.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 5:36 pm    Post subject:

2019 wrote:

NO has no reason to tell the world they don't want to trade with the Lakers. Everyone knows what we were offering/would be willing to offer. And it's a pretty big offer.

Why tell everyone you have no interest in LA when the offer is strong? It takes THE major player off the table and thus offers become suppressed a little bit.

They just don't want to trade AD to LeBron and give in to Rich Paul. That old school football mentality is not going to let Loomis get shown up by some young player and his agent then force his hand.

Yes, as Username said before, it makes no sense for the Pelicans to leak this now. It's not to their benefit. They want other potential suitors to think that the Lakers are involved. They lose leverage if the Lakers are taken off the board as a suitor. They passed on the Laker offer a few months ago not only because they just didn't want to give in to Klutch, but because, we were told, they wanted to see what the market would bear around this time. (With Boston possibly being motivated to pair AD with Kyrie if Kyrie seemed likely to stay, if Boston's draft assets improved after the Draft Lottery, if the Knicks won the lottery or at least got #2, etc.) They wanted a bidding war to happen around this time, and were willing to pass on our offer to see what developed. Well, Boston and New York's positions have weakened. Why would they want to put it out there that they won't deal with the Lakers now? Even if they wouldn't deal with us then, it simply makes no logical sense from the Pelicans' point of view to say publicly that they won't deal with us now. It's at least plausible to me that Griffin was told by ownership that he would be allowed to make the final call on any trade, but that he was directed not to trade him to the Lakers. But even if that's true, as I said, it makes no sense for them to say that publicly.

As usual, when the media leaks any sort of information, ask yourself who benefits from the leak, and whose agenda is getting served. It's not New Orleans, in this case, and it's not the Lakers.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 5:40 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
2019 wrote:

Yes, as Username said before, it makes no sense for the Pelicans to leak this now. It's not to their benefit. They want other potential suitors to think that the Lakers are involved. They lose leverage if the Lakers are taken off the board as a suitor. They passed on the Laker offer a few months ago not only because they just didn't want to give in to Klutch, but because, we were told, they wanted to see what the market would bear around this time. (With Boston possibly being motivated to pair AD with Kyrie if Kyrie seemed likely to stay, if Boston's draft assets improved after the Draft Lottery, if the Knicks won the lottery or at least got #2, etc.) They wanted a bidding war to happen around this time, and were willing to pass on our offer to see what developed. Well, Boston and New York's positions have weakened. Why would they want to put it out there that they won't deal with the Lakers now? Even if they wouldn't deal with us then, it simply makes no logical sense from the Pelicans' point of view to say publicly that they won't deal with us now. It's at least plausible to me that Griffin was told by ownership that he would be allowed to make the final call on any trade, but that he was directed not to trade him to the Lakers. But even if that's true, as I said, it makes no sense for them to say that publicly.

As usual, when the media leaks any sort of information, ask yourself who benefits from the leak, and whose agenda is getting served. It's not New Orleans, in this case, and it's not the Lakers.

But but devin said griffin is not lying
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 5:41 pm    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
audioaxes wrote:
governator wrote:
pio2u wrote:

LBJ - $37,436,858
Kawhi - $32,700,00
AD - $27,093,019

You have the wrong season.
statyin
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 5:58 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
audioaxes wrote:
Dont take the Pelicans news at face value. Ofcourse they would like to relay the perception they have no interest in trading with us... they want to up the ante and have the Lakers willing to bring in a crazy godfather offer.
The Lakers in return should be leaking out how much they love the player they will be able to draft at #4

No, they don't want to trade with us

At this point it is not about who they want to do business with, its more about who is willing to trade for AD. NO knows there is slim chance AD will be staying and they need to get rid of him before his trade value declines. Right now only Knicks, Celtics and us are potential suitors. But if you think about it, really its about Knicks and us.

Celtics is losing Kyrie this off season and they will likely restart fresh. Plus they had no luck in yesterday's draft. In order for them to be attractive to NO they have to at least put out a package centered around Tatum, which I don't think they will be willing to give up at this moment.

IMO only us and the Knicks are real contender for AD. It all boils down to whose young players NO like better and which team is more willing to go all in. If NO is stupid enough to let their personal feelings get in the way, then it is what it is.
joeblow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 6:14 pm    Post subject:

I wonder - if Zion does the crazy, slim chance act of returning to Duke to avoid going to NO, how would that affect the Pels desire to get AD traded this summer (as opposed to waiting to the trade deadline like Griffin is posturing)?
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 6:21 pm    Post subject:

statyin wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
audioaxes wrote:
Dont take the Pelicans news at face value. Ofcourse they would like to relay the perception they have no interest in trading with us... they want to up the ante and have the Lakers willing to bring in a crazy godfather offer.
The Lakers in return should be leaking out how much they love the player they will be able to draft at #4

No, they don't want to trade with us

At this point it is not about who they want to do business with, its more about who is willing to trade for AD. NO knows there is slim chance AD will be staying and they need to get rid of him before his trade value declines. Right now only Knicks, Celtics and us are potential suitors. But if you think about it, really its about Knicks and us.

Celtics is losing Kyrie this off season and they will likely restart fresh. Plus they had no luck in yesterday's draft. In order for them to be attractive to NO they have to at least put out a package centered around Tatum, which I don't think they will be willing to give up at this moment.

IMO only us and the Knicks are real contender for AD. It all boils down to whose young players NO like better and which team is more willing to go all in. If NO is stupid enough to let their personal feelings get in the way, then it is what it is.

If I was NO there’s nothing attractive about a knocks deal other than the pick. Even Boston deal without Tatum looks better than the Knicks
Japago
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 6:27 pm    Post subject:

It's just my theory, but I don't think any team would miss out on a trade if it were really that great. One example: The Cavs traded Kyrie to their main competitor in the East at the time.

I think the Lakers' main issue is that their offer still doesn't have that great asset, whether it's an elite prospect or a pick that may return an elite prospect. As happy as I am that the Lakers moved up to 4, it's still not that A-level asset.

All things being equal, the Pelicans would prefer not to deal with the Lakers. If the best the Lakers can do is a few B and C level assets, I think the Pelicans would rather take a lesser trade from the Knicks or Celtics.
Mini Mamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 6:29 pm    Post subject:

joeblow wrote:
I wonder - if Zion does the crazy, slim chance act of returning to Duke to avoid going to NO, how would that affect the Pels desire to get AD traded this summer (as opposed to waiting to the trade deadline like Griffin is posturing)?

Zion isn't turning down millions of dollars to risk another injury.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 6:33 pm    Post subject:

Mini Mamba wrote:
joeblow wrote:

Zion isn't turning down millions of dollars to risk another injury.

Yep, any suggestion that he will go back to Duke or play in Europe is just posturing. He's going to take the NBA money and lock in the first $40MM payday of his career, or whatever the first 4 years will yield him.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 6:44 pm    Post subject:

Brook Lopez. My goodness what an unforced error.
statyin
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 6:49 pm    Post subject:

Japago wrote:
It's just my theory, but I don't think any team would miss out on a trade if it were really that great. One example: The Cavs traded Kyrie to their main competitor in the East at the time.

I think the Lakers' main issue is that their offer still doesn't have that great asset, whether it's an elite prospect or a pick that may return an elite prospect. As happy as I am that the Lakers moved up to 4, it's still not that A-level asset.

All things being equal, the Pelicans would prefer not to deal with the Lakers. If the best the Lakers can do is a few B and C level assets, I think the Pelicans would rather take a lesser trade from the Knicks or Celtics.

AD is a generational talent and asset-wise it is slim to impossible that NO would get elite prospect in return, not to mention no team would, considering AD has made it pretty obvious he isn't willing to resign in some random locations he got traded to. In the end, NO needs to take whatever offer that is best on the table.

Having said that, I do agree that the Knicks pick is much more attractive since it is almost definitely RJ, and pairing him with Zion seems logical. I'm just not sure whether this will make NO harder to manage Zion, as he will get upset if RJ got upset.
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 6:52 pm    Post subject:

Brook and Randle would have addressed the C position and then some. Yeah, I'm still bitter. We were building something special during our 2017-2018 season, and then we dropped the ball and signed all these 1 years.
Mini Mamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 6:55 pm    Post subject:

KindCrippler2000 wrote:
Brook and Randle would have addressed the C position and then some.

Didn't Luke want them back? But instead the front office signed Rondo and Beasley.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 6:55 pm    Post subject:

Lopez with a monster game for the Bucks tonight. Sigh.
Freddie Buckets
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 6:56 pm    Post subject:

Mini Mamba wrote:
KindCrippler2000 wrote:

Didn't Luke want them back? But instead the front office signed Rondo and Beasley.

Quote:
“They let Brook Lopez go, the idea being they chose Michael Beasley over him -- which to me is fairly unforgivable -- because they had already lost Julius Randle, and they felt that Beasley had a similar skillset to be a small-ball five as Julius Randle did last year when he was a small-ball five with that second unit and sometimes with the first. So they felt like Beasley’s skillset would replace (that).”

https://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2019/3/13/18264750/lakers-rumors-brook-lopez-free-agency-julius-randle-michael-beasley-dangelo-russell-kyle-kuzma
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 7:09 pm    Post subject:

Mini Mamba wrote:
KindCrippler2000 wrote:

I can only hope this was Magic’s brilliance at work. I understand we got the 4th pick likely as a result but not having Randle most likely as an RFA and Brook on a cheap cap friendly deal (with low cap hold)...when we could have...doesn’t inspire confidence from our braintrust.

In the end, we may have had to dump those guys for a max and we got No. 4 in the process, so we may come through unscarred. Let’s hope!
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 7:10 pm    Post subject:

Freddie Buckets wrote:
Mini Mamba wrote:
KindCrippler2000 wrote:

Quote:
“They let Brook Lopez go, the idea being they chose Michael Beasley over him -- which to me is fairly unforgivable -- because they had already lost Julius Randle, and they felt that Beasley had a similar skillset to be a small-ball five as Julius Randle did last year when he was a small-ball five with that second unit and sometimes with the first. So they felt like Beasley’s skillset would replace (that).”

https://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2019/3/13/18264750/lakers-rumors-brook-lopez-free-agency-julius-randle-michael-beasley-dangelo-russell-kyle-kuzma

Magic's bad management will sting for some years to come....
Dreamshake
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 7:10 pm    Post subject:

Rubin wrote:

Maybe I’m being naive. But Griff is one of the most highly regarded execs in the league and sat on the sidelines for over a year.

How do you figure that? I’m not saying he’s a bum but I’ve never heard him held in that high regard. The Cavs gig with LeBron was his first time running the show. He didn’t have to come out of “retirement” but it’s not like every team in the league was coming after him.

Rubin wrote:

Just that I don’t buy the notion that he took the job with his superiors putting limitations on what he’s allowed to do. They even gave him an EVP title compared to Demps’ GM title. That says something about the power he’s being given.

It’s not about him. The powers that be are the guys running the football team (Loomis). He’s not the type to give up all his say.
Villain6Activated
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 7:18 pm    Post subject:

Is it possible to use Loul Deng’s salary? This probably isn’t close to being possible but I’m a hypothetical scenario where we sign Kawhi would we trade 4th, Kuzma, Hart, Deng’s Salary for Rudy Gobert?

Lonzo/Kawhi/Ingram/Lebron/Gobert would be the best defensive team out of every team in the last 10+ years
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 7:21 pm    Post subject:

1ngr4m wrote:
Is it possible to use Loul Deng’s salary? This probably isn’t close to being possible but I’m a hypothetical scenario where we sign Kawhi would we trade 4th, Kuzma, Hart, Deng’s Salary for Rudy Gobert?

Lonzo/Kawhi/Ingram/Lebron/Gobert would be the best defensive team out of every team in the last 10+ years

no
Villain6Activated
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 7:22 pm    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
1ngr4m wrote:

no

Ok but it’s a fun team
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1240, 1241, 1242 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 1241 of 8560
Jump to: