OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1101, 1102, 1103 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:06 am    Post subject:

#StayD12
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:07 am    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
Ziggy wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:
Math wrote:
After hearing Jerry West's quotes this morning about how Ryan thinks some of the negative stuff coming out is unfair I start to wonder how much the Buss family trust, and specifically a scorned Jim, has reacted to being ousted.

How much of this negative press can be attributed to a family power struggle over the reins with an ultimate goal of removing Jeanie?

*** I HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO PROOF OF THIS ***

I have long suspected that there are posters here who are *tasked* with posting anti-Jeanie items and whip up sentiment to disparage her and get her to sell the team (which is reportedly an aim of Jimmy and Johnnie). They then use their burner accounts to support their posts, which is why there'll be a 30-quote chain of dittos.

Just my humble opinion.

I thought I was the only who felt this so I never said anything. I don't think it's as large a scale as you suggest but I thought it was suspicious how quickly a few posters flipped on Jeannie immediately after Jim was let go.

And do you blame them? The way Jeanie did it was ridiculous.

Didn't Jim give himself a timeline to get the team competitive again? No one forced him to do that. He blew our cap space on two of the worst contracts in the NBA. His time was up. Felt bad for Mitch and John Black but I get why it had to be done. It wasn't a controversial move at the time. Jim was a laughing stock, so it seemed odd to me how a few here flipped on Jeannie so quickly. I think there are a handful of posters here who are in Jim's circle.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:09 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
1ngr4m wrote:
But if I'm wrong and this forum somehow controls the future of the Lakers, I petition changing the name to KeepIngramAndLonzoGround.net

Exactly.
I hope the internet doesn't sway decision makers.

I hope the rest of you guys do not sway decision makers....I am good if those decision makers listen to me.
troy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:12 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Stumpy25 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Stumpy25 wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:
Math wrote:
After hearing Jerry West's quotes this morning about how Ryan thinks some of the negative stuff coming out is unfair I start to wonder how much the Buss family trust, and specifically a scorned Jim, has reacted to being ousted.

How much of this negative press can be attributed to a family power struggle over the reins with an ultimate goal of removing Jeanie?

I have long suspected that there are posters here who are *tasked* with posting anti-Jeanie items and whip up sentiment to disparage her and get her to sell the team (which is reportedly an aim of Jimmy and Johnnie). They then use their burner accounts to support their posts, which is why there'll be a 30-quote chain of dittos.

Just my humble opinion.

Oh this is very obvious you can see there are some posters that are here just to create mayhem and hatred towards Jeanne and the FO. Some of these people are not Laker fans just outsiders trying to destroy this organization. Probably over 90% of what is stated here is false, and that also includes the media. The Lakers need to be very tight lipped and try to remove those that leak out information.

So these people are paid by who again? And they're not fans and what again?

We don't know if they are being payed or if they love to spread the fake news simply because they hate the Lakers. Btw it's stupid to laugh at your reply when it's not funny.

It is funny though. Y'all are accusing posters here without any evidence. That's funny.

And you fans doing that to the Laker team?

...On the Lakers being an easy target and getting ripped on social media: "they have really nice people over there. My son works there and when [we] talk, it pains him to see some of the stuff that's written and in many cases it's not fair."

-Jerry West
LAL1947
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:14 am    Post subject:

1ngr4m wrote:
But if I'm wrong and this forum somehow controls the future of the Lakers, I petition changing the name to KeepIngramAndLonzoGround.net

Can we change it to SellOrTradeLeKlutchAndSignKawhi.PrettyPlease.Net?
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:23 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
epak wrote:
1ngr4m wrote:

Exactly.

I hope the rest of you guys do not sway decision makers....I am good if those decision makers listen to me.

Thank goodness they dont listen to you.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:27 am    Post subject:

Quote:
And you fans doing that to the Laker team?

...On the Lakers being an easy target and getting ripped on social media: "they have really nice people over there. My son works there and when [we] talk, it pains him to see some of the stuff that's written and in many cases it's not fair."

-Jerry West

Being a fan doesn't mean you have to be a Baghdad Bob either.

He said "not fair." He didn't say "not true."

We have seen the team post Dr. Buss and it's not pretty.
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:34 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
4 years ago on LG:

"Y'all are being paid by Jeanie to trash Jim on LG."

Today on LG:

"Y'all are being paid by Jim to trash Jeanie on LG."

Nah, that first line was never the case. In fact, many during Jim's tenure called out how certain prominent posters on here would adamantly and blindly defend Jim and come up with crazy conspiracy theories to spin it favor of Jim.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:39 am    Post subject:

The Juggernaut wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
4 years ago on LG:

Today on LG:

Nah, that first line was never the case. In fact, many during Jim's tenure called out how certain prominent posters on here would adamantly and blindly defend Jim and come up with crazy conspiracy theories to spin it favor of Jim.

I'm just pointing out that for those who have taken sides in the dispute, the charges mirror each other.

For those of us who try to be objective about it, it's just ridiculous to see the hypocrisy and the allegations of "you're not a true Lakers fan."
Stumpy25
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:53 am    Post subject:

The Juggernaut wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
4 years ago on LG:

Today on LG:

Jim Lovers = Jeanne Haters
Yeah they're still around I wonder what their true agenda is on LG. Are they friends of Jim Buss, did they work for him at some point? Who knows but they're certainly still here.
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:56 am    Post subject:

Stumpy25 wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
4 years ago on LG:

Today on LG:

Yeah they're still around I wonder what their true agenda is on LG. Are they friends of Jim Buss, did they work for him at some point? Who knows but they're certainly still here.

I believe they weren't paid to post in his favor but rather a personal connection to him in some way
Villain6Activated
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:00 am    Post subject:

Stumpy25 wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
4 years ago on LG:

Today on LG:

I hate both thanks.

My ideal owner is someone who can give their own input while staying in their lanes. Hire the most experienced and well educated people in the basketball field, and keep the business side smooth.

Just because you grew up around the Lakers and basketball doesn't mean you're smart at what you're doing. Look at LakersGround, we're all die hard fans and know the sport to a degree but Im sure 99% of us would fail at making the decisions.

and the other 1% is just me alone, a genius.
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:10 am    Post subject:

hey man, if I can get paid for trying to get the Buss's to sell, which I want anyway, sign me the (bleep) up
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:15 am    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
Bard207 wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:
Math wrote:

Just my humble opinion.

Wow. Tinfoil hat time.

"where we go Lakers we go all"

JFC

But seriously, if you're a poster getting paid to run a disinformation campaign against Jeanie Buss on LG.com, please private message me so I can get a little bit of that sweet, sweet conspiracy loot.

Are you okay with rubles?

I prefer bitcoin myself.

I love LG.com
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:18 am    Post subject:

This is the "eat each other" portion of the offseason, I see. And it's not even July yet.
Villain6Activated
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:25 am    Post subject:

levon wrote:
hey man, if I can get paid for trying to get the Buss's to sell, which I want anyway, sign me the (bleep) up

If anyone with money is reading this: I too will change any a loyalties within the Lakers organization for money. As little as 25 cents an hour is my starting price.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:28 am    Post subject:

1ngr4m wrote:
levon wrote:

If anyone with money is reading this: I too will change any a loyalties within the Lakers organization for money. As little as 25 cents an hour is my starting price.

I think back pay is also deserved.
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:31 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
This feels like another PG13 "'Celtics and Lakers battling it out for star' who then gets traded to a third team no one was talking about" scenario.

Exactamundo.

Who thought PG would go to OKC/KL to the Raptors?

Lakers deal won't be enough and there's still resistance to trading a star to the Lakers.

Celts may lose Kyrie and all of a sudden want to hold onto their young guys.

So a random 3rd team (Chicago?) will try to woo AD to stay.

my hope is Klutch/AD go into overtime to kill off other teams from trying to trade for him if Celtics fall through. And for good reason... why would he want to go to Chicago? that team is in worst shape than the Pelicans
Palin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:36 am    Post subject:

levon wrote:

yeah like Bynum used to say, there is bank in every town, in this case every Buss.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:37 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
adkindo wrote:
epak wrote:
1ngr4m wrote:

Exactly.

I would have made very few poor or questionable decisions. The only one I can really recall would have been

-- I give Kobe the extension....and still would. Keeping him in Lakers jersey is priceless IMO.
-- drafting Josh Jackson #2....clearly not played near a #2 pick
-- and I likely would have traded Randle for Noel when Dallas offered. In my defense, at the time, Randle was not playing much....but clearly he has become the better player.
-- I would not have did the Nance/Clarkson deal....and I still would not, but I know many think that was a good deal.

on the plus side....

-- no way in hell I give those contracts to Mozgov and Deng, and was outraged the the minute they were announced.
-- I never trade DLo
-- I never trade Zubac for Muscala
-- I do not release restricted rights on Randle
-- I draft Mitchell Robinson instead on Wagner, and I draft Melton over Bonga
-- I end up good with Mintz, so I probably sign a younger PG-13 instead of Lebron
-- Luke would have had some gray heads on the bench....at least some salt and peppers.
-- I continue to develop Anthony Brown for another year instead of keeping Metta.
-- I do not dump Nwaba to give KCP a few extra $100k's
-- Laker Girls would be thicker and routines would be much less stale
-- I would not have hired the Kardashian's personal trainer
-- My top international scout would be old enough to run for Congress

I could keep going, but I would be a solid GM.
hydrohead
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:53 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
epak wrote:
adkindo wrote:
epak wrote:
1ngr4m wrote:

Exactly.

I would have made very few poor or questionable decisions. The only one I can really recall would have been

-- I give Kobe the extension....and still would. Keeping him in Lakers jersey is priceless IMO.
-- and I likely would have traded Randle for Noel when Dallas offered. In my defense, at the time, Randle was not playing much....but clearly he has become the better player.
-- I would not have did the Nance/Clarkson deal....and I still would not, but I know many think that was a good deal.

on the plus side....

-- no way in hell I give those contracts to Mozgov and Deng, and was outraged the the minute they were announced.
-- I never trade DLo
-- I end up good with Mintz, so I probably sign a younger PG-13 instead of Lebron
-- Luke would have had some gray heads on the bench....at least some salt and peppers.
-- I continue to develop Anthony Brown for another year instead of keeping Metta.

I think people need to come to grips that it’s either all the deals or none of the deals. need to accept the lebron signing and the kuzma deals with the dlo and zu deals. no in between.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:55 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
epak wrote:
adkindo wrote:
epak wrote:
1ngr4m wrote:

Exactly.

on the plus side....

-- I never trade DLo

I think you're floating this as half-serious secretly hoping for non-ironic praise. So: you'd make a wonderful GM, adkindo! Yes you would! Yes you would!
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:04 am    Post subject:

High quality GMs

Adequate GMs

LakersGround GMs

Chimps throwing darts at a list of NBA free agent targets

Current Lakers management

To be honest I'd happy with anything above the chimps.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:08 am    Post subject:

hydrohead wrote:
I think people need to come to grips that it’s either all the deals or none of the deals. need to accept the lebron signing and the kuzma deals with the dlo and zu deals. no in between.

so you think people should act as minions? This is the most illogical advice I have read in a while.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:10 am    Post subject:

I think you're floating this as half-serious secretly hoping for non-ironic praise. So: you'd make a wonderful GM, adkindo! Yes you would! Yes you would!

your hypothesis on why is silly, yet I agree with your final conclusion
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1101, 1102, 1103 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 1102 of 8560
Jump to: